Nigeria 3 - Portugal 3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigeria 3 - Portugal 3

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:Standing ovation for Super Falcons
:clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Really exciting. I love the never give up spirit of the girls. They fought all the way despite the odds. Giving it up for the team!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria 2 - Portugal 3

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:WAY TO GO LADIES!!!

PROUD OF YOUR RESILIENCE.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
look at the hypocrite . You've abused them all through out the game, only to show face when it is time to share small chops :boo:
You are not well.

I watch and comment.

When they are not playing well, I comment.

When they do well, I comment.

You on the other hand, need deliverance. I hope the people who did this to you no throw way the calabash or worse, burn am.
I have Jesus fire, nothing can touch me, however you are a flip flopper... support your team for 90 mins . People like you , i would have pushed you outside if this was a bar. Now you want to use style to sneak in and claim you were with the team for 90 mins straight .... let us hear word
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is for that clueless and short sighted cellular blasting the Falcons

SuperEagles

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Gotti wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Ajibade should be off by now for they move
Another comment that didn't age well... :lol:
Put it in context dude, She literally lifted the Portugese player off the ball to try and gain possession, she was already on a yellow :roll: . Stop being a knitwit. Did you read the expression on the Naija coach's face? priceless!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Ajibade should be off by now for they move
Another comment that didn't age well... :lol:
Put it in context dude, She literally lifted the Portugese player off the ball to try and gain possession, she was already on a yellow :roll: . Stop being a knitwit. Did you read the expression on the Naija coach's face? priceless!
he isn't calling out cellular
SuperEagles

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DIMKA76 wrote:Put it in context dude, She literally lifted the Portugese player off the ball to try and gain possession, she was already on a yellow :roll: . Stop being a knitwit. Did you read the expression on the Naija coach's face? priceless!
The gratitious personal insult merely betrays your crude personal upbringing but does not change the REALITY that your comment did not age well and rather highlighted your cluelessness...smh
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Put it in context dude, She literally lifted the Portugese player off the ball to try and gain possession, she was already on a yellow :roll: . Stop being a knitwit. Did you read the expression on the Naija coach's face? priceless!
The gratitious personal insult merely betrays your crude personal upbringing but does not change the REALITY that your comment did not age well and rather highlighted your cluelessness...smh
gotti i am disappointed in you. Why let cellular slide, he said worse
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

UA don dey wooze jamo already 2 kond 6 mins
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It's going to be a long night for Jamaica. I hope we come prepared on Wednesday
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:It's going to be a long night for Jamaica. I hope we come prepared on Wednesday
it matters not, there are no points awarded for the games, these are like regular friendlies
SuperEagles

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Did you read the expression on the Naija coach's face when she got the equalizer?! :lol:

Meanwhile do yourself a favor and grab a slice or two of this "priceless" culinary fare... :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:gotti i am disappointed in you. Why let cellular slide, he said worse
First, I didn't see Cellular's (similar) comments...
But it was actually a light-hearted reposte, until the crude dude got his panties all twisted in a bunch.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That was Toni Payne, not Gift.
metalalloy wrote:Heck of an assist by Gift Monday.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

What an amazing game and experience today. Thoroughly enjoyed watching these girls represent Nigeria so proudly. It's easy to criticize when watching from the comfort of homes, but when you experience the heat and pressure, you give the players props.

I thought Ajibade was incredible. High energy, high skill, good decision-making.

Asisat is a top class talent. I enjoyed the way she received balls on her chest, not caring that 3 or 4 players surrounded her every time.

Alozie was a dynamo, and controlled the game all the way from right back.

I enjoyed the high IQ displayed by the tall right winger that played in the first half, I didn't get her name. Very graceful on the ball.

My girl, Esther Okoronkwo fought hard and held up the ball superbly when Asisat got hurt and had to be subbed.

Okeke was superb despite the own goal, and i enjoyed the authority she showed on the ball. Onome too.

Our keeper was our weakest link.

The girls won so many new fans for themselves today.

Was nice to see Ugbowo and his lovely kids.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I watched all of the second half and a little of the first. I have mixed feelings about this game. They showed some promise going forward and attempted to used their pace on the wings to good effect, mostly the right wing. Kudos to the girls for digging themselves out of a hole.

The defence is frail and our defenders are slow to react. They also need to work on maintaining possession, making the simple pass, and moving the ball quicker. Too many misplaced paces. We rarely attacked from the left wing in the 2nd half, and there were multiple occasions when runs by the left winger were ignored.

Ajibade deserved a red in that game. I like her tenacity, but her tackles are reckless. If we were playing a team with more grit, one of the opponents would have confronted her verbally or physically.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Gotti wrote:
Listen fog brain. You took my comment out of context then you start your diatribe. I for one have never lliked your combative manner, quick to go into overdrive. You are caught up in an emotional furore and fail to grasp the context within which I made a comment. If the ref had given Ajibade a red what would you have said. The end in this case did not justify the means
Just shut it!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:Kai Ajibade hit post!!! damn.
I think her goal immediately afterwards no gree us celebrate that strike.
It was absolutely sublime and had it gone in, would easily rank alongside one of the most brilliant goal strikes of any Nigerian national team, male or female.
That was just awesome.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Otitokoro wrote:That was Toni Payne, not Gift.

Ah got you. Thanks!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Kai Ajibade hit post!!! damn.
I think her goal immediately afterwards no gree us celebrate that strike.
It was absolutely sublime and had it gone in, would easily rank alongside one of the most brilliant goal strikes of any Nigerian national team, male or female.
That was just awesome.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed. She put some top spin on it too, keeper no see ball. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

metalalloy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:That was Toni Payne, not Gift.

Ah got you. Thanks!
Gift assisted Toni who assisted the scorer.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Cally wrote:What an amazing game and experience today. Thoroughly enjoyed watching these girls represent Nigeria so proudly. It's easy to criticize when watching from the comfort of homes, but when you experience the heat and pressure, you give the players props.

I thought Ajibade was incredible. High energy, high skill, good decision-making.

Asisat is a top class talent. I enjoyed the way she received balls on her chest, not caring that 3 or 4 players surrounded her every time.

I enjoyed the high IQ displayed by the tall right winger that played in the first half, I didn't get her name. Very graceful on the ball.

My girl, Esther Okoronkwo fought hard and held up the ball superbly when Asisat got hurt and had to be subbed.

Okeke was superb despite the own goal, and i enjoyed the authority she showed on the ball. Onome too.

Now give your take on Portugal.

(Let me mention that Portugal has never been and is nowhere in women's football; having watched them live more than 50 times the past 10 years.)
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Oguleftie wrote:
Cally wrote:What an amazing game and experience today. Thoroughly enjoyed watching these girls represent Nigeria so proudly. It's easy to criticize when watching from the comfort of homes, but when you experience the heat and pressure, you give the players props.

Now give your take on Portugal.

(Let me mention that Portugal has never been and is nowhere in women's football; having watched them live more than 50 times the past 10 years.)
I actually expected more from the Portuguese considering that they held the highly-rated USWNT to just a goal loss. They played very well in transition, and I thought their forwards made a lot of good runs off the ball. The major lack for them is intensity and mental fortitude. They also lacked good finishing.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."