Besiktas agree N2.2 billion deal to sign Chidozie Awaziem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Besiktas agree N2.2 billion deal to sign Chidozie Awaziem

Post by iworo »

Besiktas agree N2.2 billion deal to sign Super Eagles star

The Turkish giants lifted the Super League on goal difference on the last day of the season and are already looking to bolster their defensive options ahead of the next campaign

Besiktas have agreed to sign Nigerian defender Chidozie Awaziem on a temporary deal with an option to secure his services permanently at the end of the campaign, according to Ortacizgi.

As per the report, the Turkish champions will pay Boavista €600,000 upfront for the loan deal before parting with €4.4 million to keep the Super Eagles defender for another four years.

Incidentally, Boavista only took up a similar deal to acquire Awaziem from Porto, where he had been since moving to Portugal as a teenager.

Awaziem, on loan from Porto, featured in 27 league games and even captained Boavista on occasions to help the struggling Portuguese club avoid relegation from the Primeira Liga.

It would, however, not be the first time Awaziem plays in Turkey, having previously starred for Caykur Rizespor during a loan spell in the first half of 2019.

A 20-cap Nigerian international, the 24-year-old has also spent time on loan in the French elite division with Nantes and the Spanish topflight with Leganes.

A versatile defender, Awaziem is capable of playing as a centre-back and fullback.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/06/besiktas-a ... -star.html
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Besiktas agree N2.2 billion deal to sign Chidozie Awazie

Post by Sir V »

2.2 million?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another loan deal... SE defenders and nomadic moves
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Atleast, he gets to play in the champions League. I expected a bigger club though.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I know players have to do what they have to do to feed their families. But please let's stop posting transfer to Turkey news on this forum. I consider that league the 3SC of Europe!
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:I know players have to do what they have to do to feed their family. But please let's stop posting transfer to Turkey news on this forum. I consider that league the 3SC of Europe!
the league get e be sef
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good move for the boy. He'll play CL and possibly Europa league games with Besitkas. He and Sanusi will be the only SE defenders playing CL ball. Sometimes when opportunity doesn't come you have to take a leap of faith. Real M, Barca and Bayern are not interested but maybe he can show his stuff in the CL like Sanusi did . Good luck to the boy. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Awaziem needs to fire his agent. Dude can do way better than BeSH!Tktas. Rubbish defender John Stones plays for Man City FFS while my boy is bouncing from one farmers league to another. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Good move for the boy. He'll play CL and possibly Europa league games with Besitkas. He and Sanusi will be the only SE defenders playing CL ball. Sometimes when opportunity doesn't come you have to take a leap of faith. Real M, Barca and Bayern are not interested but maybe he can show his stuff in the CL like Sanusi did . Good luck to the boy. :thumb:
We must stop this habit on encouraging our players to go to bottom feeder clubs just so they get to show face in champions league by virtue of the geographical location of their club. I remember when we used to encourage our players to go to clubs in Israel for exact same reason.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Crappy league. The recent performance of the Turkish team at the Euros can attest to that.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It's not a done deal. Boavista still have the first option.
I am happy
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:Awaziem needs to fire his agent. Dude can do way better than BeSH!Tktas. Rubbish defender John Stones plays for Man City FFS while my boy is bouncing from one farmers league to another. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Bret, John Stone is English and "White" your boy is Nigerian and "Black" Just saying...........
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

A segment of the CE population considers Awaziem a very good defender. I am not one of them, and though I often decry people who take the entirety of their football views from what European clubs are doing, I have always said that on average, it is a good barometer of a player’s worth.

And what is this barometer of a deal telling us about Awaziem?

Omo, we need defensive overhaulin
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:A segment of the CE population considers Awaziem a very good defender. I am not one of them, and though I often decry people who take the entirety of their football views from what European clubs are doing, I have always said that on average, it is a good barometer of a player’s worth.

I actually don't rate him either. Since the home loss to SA.
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
deanotito wrote:A segment of the CE population considers Awaziem a very good defender. I am not one of them, and though I often decry people who take the entirety of their football views from what European clubs are doing, I have always said that on average, it is a good barometer of a player’s worth.

Come on, that was his debut! Besiktas are Turkish champions and would be playing in the UCL.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Come on, that was his debut! Besiktas are Turkish champions and would be playing in the UCL.

As I have stated severally, it is a misreading to think that a Nigerian player shposition a decision like a fan would. For a player, it is not just about the name of the club or league but about what he gets paid. Awaziem signing for Besiktas is about the compensation on the table for him and who cares whether that offer is from an English club or not? He, in my view, is Nigeria's best skilled central defender at the moment although that is not stating much considering the paucity of talent at that position.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

As I have stated severally, it is a misreading to think that a Nigerian player shposition a decision like a fan would. For a player, it is not just about the name of the club or league but about what he gets paid. Awaziem signing for Besiktas is about the compensation on the table for him and who cares whether that offer is from an English club or not? He, in my view, is Nigeria's best skilled central defender at the moment although that is not stating much considering the paucity of talent at that position.
His first duty is to defend, no doubt he is a ball playing CB, however as far as defending, he isn't the top . That is why Balogun and Ekong are always picked ahead of him
SuperEagles

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I di not know about you guys but I will pick Awaziem ahead of:

Balogun
Ekong
Ajayi
Omeruo

I do agree with the sentiment that he should be doing better than Besiktas at this stage in his career. A club like Lille, Monaco, Leipzig, Dortmund, Sevilla, etc is where he should be playing these days.
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I di not know about you guys but I will pick Awaziem ahead of:

Balogun
Ekong
Ajayi
Omeruo

I do agree with the sentiment that he should be doing better than Besiktas at this stage in his career. A club like Lille, Monaco, Leipzig, Dortmund, Sevilla, etc is where he should be playing these days.
What if these clubs you mentioned are/were interested but the pay/package wasn’t as good as what Beskistas brought to the table? You guys have forgotten this is how these players earn a living, a career that spans 10-15 years at most! They have a family to feed! How many of you work in Fortune 500 companies?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bret- hart wrote:Awaziem needs to fire his agent. Dude can do way better than BeSH!Tktas. Rubbish defender John Stones plays for Man City FFS while my boy is bouncing from one farmers league to another. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
...and you think his agent did not consult with him before the deal was made? Or he/they just called him and say, "sign here or else...".
Some on these players playing time and opportunity go by fast just like a woman whose biological time clock runs when she is waiting for the right man to show.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A club like *blindly inserts A list European side having forgotten the quality held within their arsenal. Convenient amnesia*. Besiktas are a huge club in Turkey, often challenging for honours, participating in European competition, with a considerable fan base. One had assumed the “better than John Terry” syndrome that afflicted many during the Kenneth Omeruo years would’ve faded to obsolescence by now. Brethren, the divine right of Nigerian footballers to earn their keep at Europe’s elite on the back of comparative mediocrity, has long since absconded. Gone are the days, in truth, did they ever exist beyond the walls of Cyberia?

If Nigeria improves as a footballing nation, not merely in its produce on the field, but in its infrastructure and organisation, the interest will be heightened exponentially. England have won diddlysquat for decades, however gargantuan investment at grassroots level has seen the movement of Bellinghams, Sanchos, Musialas and more recently, Omar Richards. The tap keeps running. Rewind a decade or so, the only Brits abroad were sun-scorched Chaz and Daves baking on the Costa Del Sol.

Simply put it’s Supermalt for Mummy wa and Chauvignon blanc for Madam. If Nigeria doesn’t get with the times, then ooooooiiiiin!!!!!
Last edited by Coach on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Celebrity wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I di not know about you guys but I will pick Awaziem ahead of:

Balogun
Ekong
Ajayi
Omeruo

What if these clubs you mentioned are/were interested but the pay/package wasn’t as good as what Beskistas brought to the table? You guys have forgotten this is how these players earn a living, a career that spans 10-15 years at most! They have a family to feed! How many of you work in Fortune 500 companies?
...thank you there. Some Nigerians have university degrees but still do menial jobs, in Europe and America, so as to feed their family.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Coach wrote:A club like *blindly inserts A list European side having forgotten the Cali relationship held within their arsenal. Convenient amnesia*. Besiktas are a huge club in Turkey, often challenging for honours, participating in European competition, with a considerable fan base. One had assumed the “better than John Terry” syndrome that afflicted many during the Kenneth Omeruo years would’ve faded to obsolescence by now. Brethren, the divine right of Nigerian footballers to earn their keep at Europe’s elite on the back of comparative mediocrity, has long since absconded. Gone are the days, in truth, did they ever exist beyond the walls of Cyberia?

If Nigeria improves as a footballing nation, not merely in its produce on the field, but in its infrastructure and organisation, the interest will be heightened exponentially. England have won diddlysquat for decades, however gargantuan investment at grassroots level has seen the movement of Bellinghams, Sanchos, Musialas and more recently, Omar Richards. The tap keeps running. Rewind a decade or so, the only Brits abroad were sun-scorched Chaz and Daves baking on the Costa Del Sol.

Simply put it’s Supermalt for Mummy wa and Chauvignon blanc for Madam. If Nigeria doesn’t get with the times, then ooooooiiiiin!!!!!
...Nigerians like short cut, instant gratification to wealth.