**** to Coach SE vs Mexico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
**** to Coach SE vs Mexico

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just maybe we've seen the light. Egu will coach the homebased SE vs Mexico, he was fierce as SE coach vs Algeria and Zimbabwe scoring 10 goals home and away. Had a decent AFCON in 2016... hopefully he brings the goal scoring and quick attacking transition back to the SE .. I hopefully hope he gets to take over the WCQs, he wasn't given enough time to coach the SE.... Just maybe i could now head to Cali to watch Egu vs Mexico ... well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Great News Austin Eguavoen is back to Coach SE vs Mexico

Post by maceo4 »

Lol if true then **** wisened, this was a setup from the get go…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:Lol if true then **** wisened, this was a setup from the get go…
I think people are getting smarter, they've found **** out and he has pushed the SE as far as he could. I am hoping for a new breeze of fresh news soon . We are unable to defeat a top rated team in Africa and beyond
SuperEagles

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Owngoal reported that Yobo is unavailable to handle the team cause of TV punditry commitments. It makes no sense to me for a national team coach to be excused for that when we have a game coming up. I also thought Rohr was going to handle the hombased team?

I don't have that much confidence in Eguaveon as a coach, however, he is more qualified than Yobo. I was suprised like many others that Yobo was given the assistant coach job in the first place. I hoped that position would have been given to Finidi or one of the up and coming NPFL coaches. However, since Yobo is the assistant I do hope he gets some responsibilities delegated to him that will help him develop and grow as a coach. That depends though on how much Rohr and the NFF trust him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Getting Rohrs coaching influence off this team however short-lived is a breath of fresh air, at least we will get to see something different under Egu even though the team will be largely home-based.

Guys abeg try attend the game, I plan to host you guys at one of the best Naija spots out here in LA.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

olu wrote:Owngoal reported that Yobo is unavailable to handle the team cause of TV punditry commitments. It makes no sense to me for a national team coach to be excused for that when we have a game coming up. I also thought Rohr was going to handle the hombased team?

I don't have that much confidence in Eguaveon as a coach, however, he is more qualified than Yobo. I was suprised like many others that Yobo was given the assistant coach job in the first place. I hoped that position would have been given to Finidi or one of the up and coming NPFL coaches. However, since Yobo is the assistant I do hope he gets some responsibilities delegated to him that will help him develop and grow as a coach. That depends though on how much Rohr and the NFF trust him.
I do hope this is just owngoal during their usual thing, how can a coach be excused for that?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Big boys do what they please. Let's just accept it. Yobo is Nigerian football. He has earned the right to do whatever he pleases, bad belle from commoners notwithstanding... :D

gochino wrote:
olu wrote:Owngoal reported that Yobo is unavailable to handle the team cause of TV punditry commitments. It makes no sense to me for a national team coach to be excused for that when we have a game coming up. I also thought Rohr was going to handle the hombased team?

I do hope this is just owngoal during their usual thing, how can a coach be excused for that?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

eget as the story be. There shouldn’t be dis awkward dichotomy of two national teams coached by different coaches. Is any other nation doing this; what in fact is the model. Didn’t Keshi or amodu handle both teams before
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I thought Eguoavoen was decent as SE coach, losing to a superior Ivory Coast side in the semis and then finishing 3rd.

Same thing Rohr has done, yet big Pokey the dunce will praise one and attack the other relentlessly.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:I thought Eguoavoen was decent as SE coach, losing to a superior Ivory Coast side in the semis and then finishing 3rd.

Same thing Rohr has done, yet big Pokey the dunce will praise one and attack the other relentlessly.
At a fraction of the price and gaining experience that has remained with the country rather than basically funding an old mans retirement fund to Cartoon country. He’s looking at the bigger picture…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The matchup with Mexico will surely expose the coaches and the home-based players to
international football. It will also help put in perspective exactly how those involved have improved.
Great idea.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I thought Eguoavoen was decent as SE coach, losing to a superior Ivory Coast side in the semis and then finishing 3rd.

At a fraction of the price and gaining experience that has remained with the country rather than basically funding an old mans retirement fund to Cartoon country. He’s looking at the bigger picture…
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The last time Egu played Algeria this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOo35lyhdDc[/video]
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

you are comparing 2 entirely different Algeria teams LOL

Do you also know that Belgium was once a whipping boy in Europe not too long ago ?

You are not the brightest person are you ?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

you are comparing 2 entirely different Algeria teams LOL

Do you also know that Belgium was once a whipping boy in Europe not too long ago ?

You are not the brightest person are you ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:eget as the story be. There shouldn’t be dis awkward dichotomy of two national teams coached by different coaches. Is any other nation doing this; what in fact is the model. Didn’t Keshi or amodu handle both teams before

Do you really think Rohr wants any part of this? The fact is no, because the foreign based lads will not be available and Rohr is not interested without those players. The NFF is interested perhaps because of associated funds. So what gives, bros?

This will be a hurriedly assembled home-based team. For Eguavoen or any coach with this ream, you have little to lose but a lot to gain. That is the picture.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Eguavoen must have a very strong juju man.
He was below average as a player, yet he played for Nigeria well beyond his sell by date
His coaching was not much better but guess what, he is back.

I change my mind, Rohr should stay, he is way better than this former wrestler turned coach.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote:Eguavoen must have a very strong juju man.
He was below average as a player, yet he played for Nigeria well beyond his sell by date
His coaching was not much better but guess what, he is back.

I change my mind, Rohr should stay, he is way better than this former wrestler turned coach.
ANC,

You may be correct in terms of his record as a player.

As a coach? You must have it 'mixed up' when it comes to SE. If you fancy Rohr's record then you ought to do the same with Eguavoen. Theire records are quite similar in terms of winning rates. They both have also won AFCON bronze medals.

Now, of course we cannot compare that record (including Rohr's) with the records of the likes of Westerhoff and Keshi or Gloria but the fact is that the latter three stand way apart from the rest. Given that, you cannot correctly state that Eguavoen is poor if you are willing to want Rohr's stay.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

What has Eguavon done (coaching wise) since his last stint as CE coach? Any progress? Any coaching certification or RE-certification?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This proves NFF is a complete Joke, Rohr a joke and Yobo a joke. Honestly, what's the point of appointing Yobo if he couldn't do the job because of media commitments.. Why can't Rohr lead the home based team? Home or Foreign based, it's still SE. Besides, Rohr hasn't been doing anything for the past few months. Yet he was getting paid. That is Why I respected Keshi. He didn't buy this foreign/ home based nonsense. He lead every SE team. That's why I have no respect for the likes of Van City who disrespected the man and called him all sort of names. Was Keshi perfect? No! He was the best Coach besides Westerhof we ever had. I have no issues with Eguaveons competence. I just detest the way they run things without planning and foresight. Let me not start with Pinnick, the career politician.... TBC
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Enugu II wrote:
jette1 wrote:eget as the story be. There shouldn’t be dis awkward dichotomy of two national teams coached by different coaches. Is any other nation doing this; what in fact is the model. Didn’t Keshi or amodu handle both teams before

Do you really think Rohr wants any part of this? The fact is no, because the foreign based lads will not be available and Rohr is not interested without those players. The NFF is interested perhaps because of associated funds. So what gives, bros?

This will be a hurriedly assembled home-based team. For Eguavoen or any coach with this ream, you have little to lose but a lot to gain. That is the picture.
Prof, I don't think the highlighted is correct. From what I know, the players to for the game have already been selected just not yet announced. I also think they have already sorted out the logistics e.g. visas, etc. Just a start date for camping. It will be a very interesting match and great exposure for the CHAN team.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Not too sure if Ivory Coast was superior. The 2006 squad was one of the best teams Nigeria has paraded at AFCON (on paper). That team had Okocha , Kanu, Mikel, Obodo, Oruma, Martins, Aghahowa, Osaze, Utaka, Enyeama, all in one team.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nigerians voted for Buhari,
Nigerians are happy that Eguavoen is back
Nigerians have short term memory, collectively
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ANC wrote:Nigerians voted for Buhari,
Nigerians are happy that Eguavoen is back
Nigerians have short term memory, collectively
Egu is better and miles ahead of ****. Egu defeated Senegal 2ce in a tournament , took Nigeria to 9th in FIFA rankings.. Won Golden Bronze, all within a short period of time . Egu defeated ghana in AFCON( the last AFCOn win vs ghana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6g4ww0vbY[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lAF7sIrBk[/video]
SuperEagles