Forum Aesthetics: New Look and Feel…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Forum Aesthetics: New Look and Feel…

Post by 1naija »

Tony the Alex of madagascar killer, this is the new look. Please accept it. We can't go back to answering Green Eagles! We are now the Super Eagles!
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:25 pm
sinequanon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:44 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm i like it, especially wheni access CE on my cell phone
Ah! That is an important factor!

The experience can be very different depending on your device. This does explain what looks like wild colours on a laptop. They will be deemphasized on a phone. Perhaps phpBB has moved to catering to mobile phones in the default configuration.

Anyway, an option seems to have appeared in the user control panel.
I don’t know what you mean by “deemphasozed”. It looks pretty bad on my iPhone. That means it must look really terrible on a laptop or desktop❗️

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest I like it, i think folks are beating at the wrong issues, they aren't used to the new format, Names, posts layouts are different. also for the prehistoric forumers , posting videos are a lot easier( I actually had the green layout in the previous version, The first ever CE page was green , and when it was updated to the silver one, i didn't like it , so i changed the board preference , however the new format makes it pretty easier to navigate.

I also believe once forumers gets used to the new layouts they won't get worked up anymore. change is good, we must learn to assimilate with the new, also APC must go ... hang in there . Have yall noticed Damunk has vanished from CE .. no more spamming crap about Sexism
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:25 pm
sinequanon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:44 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm i like it, especially wheni access CE on my cell phone
Ah! That is an important factor!

The experience can be very different depending on your device. This does explain what looks like wild colours on a laptop. They will be deemphasized on a phone. Perhaps phpBB has moved to catering to mobile phones in the default configuration.

Anyway, an option seems to have appeared in the user control panel.
I don’t know what you mean by “deemphasozed”. It looks pretty bad on my iPhone. That means it must look really terrible on a laptop or desktop❗️

Cheers.
"Deemphasized" as in reduced emphasis. Still very bad on a laptop, imo. Hover over something and it flashes from green to the diametrically opposite colour red is way too extreme on a laptop. You know, red is the colour you see when you look away from something green. You know.. stare at a green/red dot for 30 seconds, then stare at a blank piece of paper and see the reverse red/green dot.

When you see green, you eyes actually sensitize more red to compensate. Then you suddenly flash the bloody red colour at people!

Then there is green/red colour-blindness, which means that some people won't be able to tell the difference.

Poor design choice all round.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
uche africanus
Egg
Egg

Post by uche africanus »

I’m just trying to find the “rant and rave” forum.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

uche africanus wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:47 pm I’m just trying to find the “rant and rave” forum.
viewforum.php?f=7
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Much better!! Thanks Admin :thumbs:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LeonPhelps wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:11 pm Utterly useless, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Typical Nigerian. SMH!

It is "if it ain't broke, IMPROVE IT."
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I dont like it either and as 1Naija jokingly said, I actually have lost interest in posting because of it. lol. However, I also remember that I didnt like each upgraded version since I joined, but as time goes on, you actually get used to it.

Will be nice if the color can be darkened a bit, but if not, I am sure we will get used to it.

Great job guys!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The old design had a “your posts” tab at the top of the page (that allowed one to monitor threads that one has posted to). Does that still exist in the new format?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:03 pm I dont like it either and as 1Naija jokingly said, I actually have lost interest in posting because of it. lol. However, I also remember that I didnt like each upgraded version since I joined, but as time goes on, you actually get used to it.

Will be nice if the color can be darkened a bit, but if not, I am sure we will get used to it.

Great job guys!
You, Uncle Ohsee, yemiwoodberrybrassiere, and other very old people here need Dr. Rick!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

wiseone wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:16 pm The old design had a “your posts” tab at the top of the page (that allowed one to monitor threads that one has posted to). Does that still exist in the new format?
On the top left, next to forums is 3 horizontal lines. Clicking on this will show "your posts"
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

It is cool

All it needs is a good skin/background image or colour
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:39 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:03 pm I dont like it either and as 1Naija jokingly said, I actually have lost interest in posting because of it. lol. However, I also remember that I didnt like each upgraded version since I joined, but as time goes on, you actually get used to it.

Great job guys!
You, Uncle Ohsee, yemiwoodberrybrassiere, and other very old people here need Dr. Rick!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

It looks not too good and enticing now, but that's because it's new to all of us. In a few months, when we all get used to the NEW LOOK, we will be glad the change is made. Thus to me, it's good.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Daddy, me wey be your son? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

1naija wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:39 pm

Great job guys!

sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Odas wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:14 am It looks not too good and enticing now, but that's because it's new to all of us. In a few months, when we all get used to the NEW LOOK, we will be glad the change is made. Thus to me, it's good.
That's what MIcrosoft said about Windows 8..

sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

The green/red scheme is off the shelf, no?

I was assuming that it was not designed by the admin team.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Many thanks for the tip.
juventuss wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 pm On the top left, next to forums is 3 horizontal lines. Clicking on this will show "your posts"
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

i thought this was a scam page....

why is everything upside down.... things that used to be on the left now moved to the right...... dont really mind the colour but a little darker next thing u change it again.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Every other feature sans the color is acceptable.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Looks good 👍🏿
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Change it to dark green. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!