Mexico vs Nigeria (4-0) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA SELECT 0 MEX 4

Post by gochino »

Saved by the Bell!
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Primitive age football!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Sir V wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:59 am Thank God. The game is over.
...And the bleeding has been stopped.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sir V wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:58 am When Rohr said the players he was watching in training ground cannot beat Mexico, the guys here were insulting his papa. See na.
when he said that NO HOMEBASED PLAYERS were good enough to play for SE, they also insulted him.

Then they forced Iwuala upon him at the expense of better players like Mukairu, Ejuke, Dennis,

Rohr knew what he was talking about. Some people no wan listen.

Our real team can beat this Mexican team, of that I am sure.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Let's say the truth. We know Egu didn't pick the squad. So calling him various names is wrong.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:58 am Thank God it’s over. That was painful to watch.
Maybe a rewatch without the ‘tension’ will be less painful.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:56 am this is just piss poor all around. Let me not hear anybody talk about putting homebased in SE.

Football has moved on and become scientific and these guys are still playing "gra gra" in 2021.
Shut up talki talki.. 50 something year old man talking like small pickin
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:00 am Let's say the truth. We know Egu didn't pick the squad. So calling him various names is wrong.
We all know the NFF picked the squad.

Eguoavoen was just the front guy.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

It is what it is. 1 AM EST. Time to go to sleep.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:00 am
Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:58 am Thank God it’s over. That was painful to watch.
Maybe a rewatch without the ‘tension’ will be less painful.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Great morale boosting victory served by ****'s team. Will help propel our gracious Mexican hosts into the Gold Cup!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA SELECT 0 MEX 2

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:56 am
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:44 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:39 am
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:33 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:19 am NFF need to be queried for approving this $#% show without the main team, absolute waste of time.
...na who go query them? A nice gift from America and everyone go shut up as even nothing happened.
You had the opportunity to ‘query’ the NFF Vice Chairman when we hosted him right here on CE a few weeks ago.
Many of you didn’t turn up.
But those that did, ‘queried’ him on the game and other things. :idea:
...before or after this friendly? Anyway, I can waste my time asking NFA incompetent bureaucrats anything about football administration because they don't know jack.
It couldn’t have been “after” this friendly, could it? :taunt:
It was several weeks ago.

One thing I’ve got to learn about our people is we like to complain and stick with our views and notions.
When the opportunity comes to actually hear from the horses mouth, they’d rather stay away so that their long-held views are not shaken.

So you are stuck forever in your echo chamber.

Of all the loudest and fiercest NFF critics, only Fabio turned up.
Much respect to him. :thumb:
...and what did his querying the NFA chief do to effect today's outcome?
Even if the house was full that day asking questions, these people, the NFA, don't give a flippin' flop just lip service.
Anyway, this is a friendly. When the match was advertised I knew we not gonna measure up playing Mexico in their own backyard.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

joao wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:00 am
Sir V wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:59 am Thank God. The game is over.
...And the bleeding has been stopped.
Na to go sleep now.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Game over. Our team play was poor and in my view the fact the team was just put together showed glaringly. It could well have been more than four goals. On talent level, it was not too bad in terms of gap but team play was a huge disparity. Will share more of my views later.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:02 am
fabio wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:00 am Let's say the truth. We know Egu didn't pick the squad. So calling him various names is wrong.

That sounds like an excuse to me, as in “there are far better players in the NPFL”
:roll: :roll: :roll:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:04 am Game over. Our team play was poor and in my view the fact the team was just put together showed glaringly. It could well have been more than four goals. On talent level, it was not too bad in terms of gap but team play was a huge disparity. Will share more of my views later.
lol, prof, talent wasn't there either...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA SELECT 0 MEX 2

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:03 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:56 am
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:44 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:39 am
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:33 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:19 am NFF need to be queried for approving this $#% show without the main team, absolute waste of time.
...na who go query them? A nice gift from America and everyone go shut up as even nothing happened.
You had the opportunity to ‘query’ the NFF Vice Chairman when we hosted him right here on CE a few weeks ago.
Many of you didn’t turn up.
But those that did, ‘queried’ him on the game and other things. :idea:
...before or after this friendly? Anyway, I can waste my time asking NFA incompetent bureaucrats anything about football administration because they don't know jack.
It couldn’t have been “after” this friendly, could it? :taunt:
It was several weeks ago.

One thing I’ve got to learn about our people is we like to complain and stick with our views and notions.
When the opportunity comes to actually hear from the horses mouth, they’d rather stay away so that their long-held views are not shaken.

So you are stuck forever in your echo chamber.

Of all the loudest and fiercest NFF critics, only Fabio turned up.
Much respect to him. :thumb:
...and what did his querying the NFA chief do to effect today's outcome?
Even if the house was full that day asking questions, these people, the NFA, don't give a flippin' flop just lip service.
Anyway, this is a friendly. When the match was advertised I knew we not gonna measure up playing Mexico in their own backyard.
That’s your view.
Just one of many.
Stick with it. :thumb:

Na you ax kweshon.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:04 am Game over. Our team play was poor and in my view the fact the team was just put together showed glaringly. It could well have been more than four goals. On talent level, it was not too bad in terms of gap but team play was a huge disparity. Will share more of my views later.
That's what I thought also. The GK example was not terrible in anyway.

Team play was non existent. The players have not played together before.

Now is the time to BUILD on this.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Prof,

Abeg stop patronizing garbage, there's absolutely no hint of talent in that travesty of a team, the NPFL is a disgrace.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:06 am

That sounds like an excuse to me, as in “there are far better players in the NPFL”
Or maybe the messiah coach put his imprint on the talent on display :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If it was Egu that was on the bench, it will be used to validate how BAD Nigerian coaches are.

If we had won, it will be use as evidence of how good Rohr is
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mexico vs Nigeria (2-0)

Post by wanaj0 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:56 am However our goalie looks good as a quarterback. Bobo get serious one handed long throw sha
Impressed with the goalie! :thumb:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:09 am
That's what I thought also. The GK example was not terrible in anyway.

Team play was non existent. The players have not played together before.

Now is the time to BUILD on this.
Build on this Equavoen's mago mago team?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:13 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:06 am

Or maybe the messiah coach put his imprint on the talent on display :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If it was Egu that was on the bench, it will be used to validate how BAD Nigerian coaches are.

If we had won, it will be use as evidence of how good Rohr is
Your spin.
Vancity got it spot on before the game: it’s a win-win for you guys, even in a 4-kondo defeat.
You are confirming his prediction.
He must be a genius. :taunt: :taunt: