Chukwueze to Lille ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chukwueze to Lille ?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Several outlets are reporting that chuks is on his way to lille :scared: wouldn't this be a lateral or downward move? Don't know about this but hopefully the boy gets a good team if he's sold
OCCUPY NFF!!
lacidi
Egg
Egg
Re: Chukwueze to Lille ?

Post by lacidi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 pm Several outlets are reporting that chuks is on his way to lille :scared: wouldn't this be a lateral or downward move? Don't know about this but hopefully the boy gets a good team if he's sold
You do realize that Lille are the Ligue 1 champions.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

lacidi wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 pm Several outlets are reporting that chuks is on his way to lille :scared: wouldn't this be a lateral or downward move? Don't know about this but hopefully the boy gets a good team if he's sold
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

That's why I'm askiñg the question. Villarreal are Europa champs and will also be in the CL. La Liga is also the better league with Villareal likely to challenge for top spots next season. The guy has put in a few yrs there, I just feel that his value could skyrocket if he maintains the same form he had in the 2nd half of last season.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

He should stay in Villarreal.

Though one good thing about a move to Lille would be Lille would sell him in a year or two to a top club. Lille is great at selling its players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Now we know those who actually follow European football and those who just pretend they do :winking: ❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:38 pm
Now we know those who actually follow European football and those who just pretend they do :winking: ❗️

Cheers.
I follow Nigerian players who play in good teams around the world. I'm not a colonized follower.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Granted that Villarreal did win the Europa league but don’t forget that the Europa league is a tournament of also-rans. Villarreal finished 7th, outside of any Euro spot in league competition this season. I don’t know that it’s valid to compare them to the champions of Ligue 1❗️

Cheers.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Villareal need the money. Unai admitted that much
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Staying in the Spanish league is better from him since he won’t be missing out on Champions league if he stays. Unless the motivation for the move is money for both player and club.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:39 am Staying in the Spanish league is better from him since he won’t be missing out on Champions league if he stays. Unless the motivation for the move is money for both player and club.
Lille are champions of Ligue 1 and are Champions league regulars (at least recently), plus Lille have a very good record of developing players and making their market values higher... I won't call this a bad move for Samu if it happens.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:21 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:39 am Staying in the Spanish league is better from him since he won’t be missing out on Champions league if he stays. Unless the motivation for the move is money for both player and club.
Lille are champions of Ligue 1 and are Champions league regulars (at least recently), plus Lille have a very good record of developing players and making their market values higher... I won't call this a bad move for Samu if it happens.
If Lille are gonna make him more prominent in their squad than he was at Villareal then I'd say it makes sense.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

please go back to rant and rave :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Lille has played more champs league ball than Villareal in the last 5 to 7 season.,. Lille are also bigger than Villareal FYI
Lille have won Ligue 1 4 times and finished 2nd 6 times
they played 48 Champs league matches in their history , while Villareal has played 34 Champs league matches in their history
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleagu ... 797--losc/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villarrea ... n_football
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Lille are proving a great platform for young players.
My opinion: it’s kinda a lateral move, but if Lille are looking at him he’s smart to look at it.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:13 pm
please go back to rant and rave :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Lille has played more champs league ball than Villareal in the last 5 to 7 season.,. Lille are also bigger than Villareal FYI
they played 48 Champs league matches in their history , while Villareal has played 34 Champs league matches in their history

You have comprehension problem. Read the emboldened text again.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:41 am

A common problem on CE is that people think they’re saying one thing while the audience is reading something totally different.

You said the Spanish league would be better for him since he won’t be missing out on Champions league… but Villarreal haven’t yet qualified for the Champions League proper, they have only qualified for the prelims by virtue of winning the Europa league, while Lille, on the other hand, are already in the Champions League. So, why is staying in the Spanish league better than going to Lille? You see, your statement didn’t make sense… and telling him to read it again won’t change what you wrote😃❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why should i read it again? You wrote rubbish, and you want me to waste my time ? As i have said you are better off staying in rant and rave. Eagles nest is too advanced for you
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:31 pm

A common problem on CE is that people think they’re saying one thing while the audience is reading something totally different.

You said the Spanish league would be better for him since he won’t be missing out on Champions league… but Villarreal haven’t yet qualified for the Champions League proper, they have only qualified for the prelims by virtue of winning the Europa league, while Lille, on the other hand, are already in the Champions League. So, why is staying in the Spanish league better than going to Lille? You see, your statement didn’t make sense… and telling him to read it again won’t change what you wrote😃❗️

Cheers.
I am glad you opened your post the way you did.

My main point is that he will blossom better in the Spanish league than the French league. And yes, I am assuming Villarreal will qualify for the league proper. But it’s more about the country league than the team.