A lesson to all UK born naija players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: A lesson to all UK born naija players

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:12 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:01 pm
Bros, not to get in between your conversation with BigTurkey but the two situations are not similar at all.

Kidnapping is a criminal offense typically targeting people who can pay. Mikel's father was a victim of crime.

The kid being abused is being abused for being black.

The fallacious argument of "Wronger than wrong" should be reserved for BigTurkey.
Did you miss Ighalo's abuse after he missed the chance vs Argentina? From tribal to threats to all kinds of disgusting things were said to him. So much so he refused to return to the SE and **** had to beg him to come back? So was that not a lesson to UK born naija players? What about the abuse and threats that Ikpeba endured when he missed vs Cameroon? Was that also a lesson? ATEOTD this is a pointless thread, footballers are going to get abuse from fans, its part of the game when things don't go the fans way. Its why Kanu was so scared to take a PK vs Tunisia in 2006 after he saw what Ikpeba had to endure and they had to beg/force him to.
We have had a history of players missing chances and being abused for missing chances and not because of where they come from. Ayigbeni's miss against Korea didn't stop him from playing for the Eagles.

My point is that you brought up KIDNAPPING like it was as a result of unsatisfactory performance on the football pitch. IT WAS NOT!

Your false equivalence was pointed out to you but you are still going on about abuse.

Athletes get abused by fans... it is a sad part of sports.

Some take the abuse further and make it a racial thing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-57803161
see what they did to Rashford's mural.... yes they are just upset a black man missed a PK.. Southgate , missed in 96.. we didn't get to see all this trash
A mural honouring footballer Marcus Rashford has been vandalised with graffiti following England's defeat to Italy in the Euro 2020 final.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did you miss Ighalo's abuse after he missed the chance vs Argentina? From tribal to threats to all kinds of disgusting things were said to him. So much so he refused to return to the SE and **** had to beg him to come back? So was that not a lesson to UK born naija players? What about the abuse and threats that Ikpeba endured when he missed vs Cameroon? Was that also a lesson? ATEOTD this is a pointless thread, footballers are going to get abuse from fans, its part of the game when things don't go the fans way. Its why Kanu was so scared to take a PK vs Tunisia in 2006 after he saw what Ikpeba had to endure and they had to beg/force him to.
Please tell them.

I bet Dessers and Akpoguma wish they had chosen their birth countries instead of Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, you are the one making the false equivalence. Big belle Pokey's :taunt: initial post suggests Saka would not have been subject to such abuse had he chosen to represent Nigeria instead. Maceo has shown you instances where that's not the case.
Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:36 pm
Bros, not to get in between your conversation with BigTurkey but the two situations are not similar at all.

Kidnapping is a criminal offense typically targeting people who can pay. Mikel's father was a victim of crime.

The fallacious argument of "Wronger than wrong" should be reserved for BigTurkey.
We have had a history of players missing chances and being abused for missing chances and not because of where they come from. Ayigbeni's miss against Korea didn't stop him from playing for the Eagles.

My point is that you brought up KIDNAPPING like it was as a result of unsatisfactory performance on the football pitch. IT WAS NOT!

Your false equivalence was pointed out to you but you are still going on about abuse.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bros, you keep focusing on one part of my argument when you seem to agree with the main point of my argument as you said:
You said some make it a racial thing, do we not make it a tribal thing? Abuse is abuse period! This is not some kind of lesson to UK born naija players which is the point of this thread. Abuse will happen when things don't go the fans way and they can single out someone to blame, but is it really a lesson? Will UK born naija players be shielded from abuse by choosing Nigeria instead? Of course they won't, but they might actually be exposed to more wahala which was the point of bringing up things like kidnapping that have happened to our own footballers and clearly doesn't happen in the UK...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Akure4Life wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:32 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:55 am
Akure4Life wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:22 am We can abuse Bigpokey24 all we want but when your Prime Minister and Home secretary openly encourage fans to boo their national team. Than you have to make a choice as a ethnic minority if you really want to go through such abuse at the tender age of 19.
Is this a fact?
Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are nobody's favourite government officials but I must have missed this.
They still hold power in the UK.

Do a quick search on google and you will read so many articles about them saying the fans have the right to boo their own national team
that woman was so comfortable thinking she isn't a minority see what they've told her

a few weeks ago she said this
Priti Patel says fans have right to boo England team for ‘gesture politics’ of taking the knee
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 65409.html
Football fans have a right to boo the England team for “taking the knee” in protest at racism, the home secretary has said.

Priti Patel said the anti-racism protest associated with the Black Lives Matter movement amounted to “gesture politics” and dodged a question about whether she would boo herself.
this is the same woman who is against immigrants
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:45 pm Uncle, you are the one making the false equivalence. Big belle Pokey's :taunt: initial post suggests Saka would not have been subject to such abuse had he chosen to represent Nigeria instead. Maceo has shown you instances where that's not the case.

Oga, its like Cellular missed the entire point of the initial post...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Bros, you keep focusing on one part of my argument when you seem to agree with the main point of my argument as you said:
You said some make it a racial thing, do we not make it a tribal thing? Abuse is abuse period! This is not some kind of lesson to UK born naija players which is the point of this thread. Abuse will happen when things don't go the fans way and they can single out someone to blame, but is it really a lesson? Will UK born naija players be shielded from abuse by choosing Nigeria instead? Of course they won't, but they might actually be exposed to more wahala which was the point of bringing up things like kidnapping that have happened to our own footballers and clearly doesn't happen in the UK...
You brought up kidnapping.

I didn't argue with you about abuse.

But no footballer has been subject to kidnapping because they missed a chance for Naijaria or played in a game that had a bad outcome.

No player or sportsperson is shielded from abuse.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:45 pm Uncle, you are the one making the false equivalence. Big belle Pokey's :taunt: initial post suggests Saka would not have been subject to such abuse had he chosen to represent Nigeria instead. Maceo has shown you instances where that's not the case.

I was responding to MaceO and not to BigTurkey.

And I started off talking about not getting in between his exchanges with BigTurkey.

Just that responding that we did worse is plain wrong.

We are not different when it comes to abusing players... but not to the point of equating the crime of kidnapping to a sports-related incident.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:05 pm

But no footballer has been subject to kidnapping because they missed a chance for Naijaria or played in a game that had a bad outcome.

please spare him mr president he know naught what he sayeth.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

European football's governing body Uefa condemned the "disgusting racist abuse", adding: "We stand by the players and the FA's call for the strongest possible punishments."

On Monday, League Two side Leyton Orient said they had banned a fan for three years in connection with the abuse.

"The supporter in question's actions on Twitter were alerted to the club late last night, and action has been taken swiftly to issue a banning order," the club said.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is what we do to racist cowards , we come get you in your house
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

But I didn't say 'footballers were subject of kidnapping b/c they missed a chance for Naijaria', that's your interpretation. I've broken down why I brought up kidnapping, to counter the initial post which was trying to say these players are better off choosing SE b/c they could get abused in the UK. Well hello, they can get abused in Naijaria too, AND on top of that they can be subject to much worse than abuse as we've seen happen to our footballers from JJ's money being stolen by naija banks for daring to invest in the country, to Mikel's pops being kidnapped twice, to Ighalo's house being broken into and threatened to be set on fire etc...all of which are also 'lesson learned' as far as picking Naijaria. The grass is not always greener...

https://www.ghgossip.com/breaking-hoodl ... ire-video/
Super Eagus 4 Life!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 am
akamoke wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:23 am If everyone reacts to racists like you want us to, then none of us will ever set foot in UK or any country for that matter

I think its high time we stop giving 2 hoots about what racists think of you, they are beneath you so there is no need for the recognition of their filth
When you stop giving 2 hoots about the racist, then the way the black man has been marginalized for many years would never seize to exist. When we give hoots then people see it is a huge problem. Saka is 19 , this is not what you want a teenager to be experiencing at this stage of his development. I will never recommend quality blacks footballers to play for England .
It is more effective to fight racists at the institutional level (which is where I battle) than at individual levels filled with faceless cowards who likely cannot spew their nonsense to the face of the player. These individuals are not worth my time or effort

Already, some of them are being charged for their racist vitriol online, now that's how you take the fight to them

Im also comforted (for now) by the fact that Southgate is the coach and he will fight the battle for his players. I will like to see stronger statements though along the lines of if you are racist towards any of the players we do not want you supporting England because every member of this team would not tolerate this. It should be official, clear and precise.. Then let the law take its course..If not then we protest

I just can't stand the comments like "Oh, don't play for England because the racists won't accept you", since when am I compelled to take directions from racists...spit!!!
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

akamoke wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:12 pm
akamoke wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:23 am If everyone reacts to racists like you want us to, then none of us will ever set foot in UK or any country for that matter

I think its high time we stop giving 2 hoots about what racists think of you, they are beneath you so there is no need for the recognition of their filth
When you stop giving 2 hoots about the racist, then the way the black man has been marginalized for many years would never seize to exist. When we give hoots then people see it is a huge problem. Saka is 19 , this is not what you want a teenager to be experiencing at this stage of his development. I will never recommend quality blacks footballers to play for England .
It is more effective to fight racists at the institutional level (which is where I battle) than at individual levels filled with faceless cowards who likely cannot spew their nonsense to the face of the player. These individuals are not worth my time or effort

Already, some of them are being charged for their racist vitriol online, now that's how you take the fight to them

Im also comforted (for now) by the fact that Southgate is the coach and he will fight the battle for his players. I will like to see stronger statements though along the lines of if you are racist towards any of the players we do not want you supporting England because every member of this team would not tolerate this. It should be official, clear and precise.. Then let the law take its course..If not then we protest

I just can't stand the comments like "Oh, don't play for England because the racists won't accept you", since when am I compelled to take directions from racists...spit!!!
Thank you! The coach is backing you, the association is backing you, so is it the faceless thumb thug racists that you will now allow to stop your progress? Who gives a rats arse about them?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm We abuse our own players mercilessly and frequently in tribal overtones. Is such ignorance so different from these fickle English fans? We should live what we preach.
This is the most unintelligent comment on this thread. So because you see an offense , you should turn a blind eye? smh
Hey Einstein (probably should not cynically call you a smart white man). Sure that really ignorant retort makes you think you are smart. Your posts linguistically suggest otherwise and thankful we have some 90K posts to pinpoint just where to place you. Read it again and ask you super intelligent self. Is there anything in my post that says I turn a blind eye to racism?
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:20 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm We abuse our own players mercilessly and frequently in tribal overtones. Is such ignorance so different from these fickle English fans? We should live what we preach.

When you are done typing on OUR forum, go and wipe your Queen's yansh! slave.
Thanks for the insults man. It is so great to get abused on OUR forum. Hope this brightens your day
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:23 pm
akamoke wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Thank you! The coach is backing you, the association is backing you, so is it the faceless thumb thug racists that you will now allow to stop your progress? Who gives a rats arse about them?
For all we know those trolls could be typing from North Korea, or they could be 13 year old kids looking to show off to his mates about reaction he gets. As noted above if you are loved in your working environment and you are progressing professionally in that said environment and no one actually tries to physically harm you , who cares what others might think online or in the papers, there will always be haters regardless of race , ethnicity or gender.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm
This is the most unintelligent comment on this thread. So because you see an offense , you should turn a blind eye? smh
Hey Einstein (probably should not cynically call you a smart white man). Sure that really ignorant retort makes you think you are smart. Your posts linguistically suggest otherwise and thankful we have some 90K posts to pinpoint just where to place you. Read it again and ask you super intelligent self. Is there anything in my post that says I turn a blind eye to racism?
what you just wrote makes zero sense. Also you are clueless when it comes to this topic , and that is why you added 90k, post reviews, smart white man etc you included those so it seems like you wrote enough ....just come out and say you find it difficult to express the thoughts in your head in words. there is no harm in admitting that you lack critical thinking skills.

You can do what some do, just read and browse. Stop posting hanging sentences and thinking folks won't call you out . This isn't a personal attack , just observing your major intellectual error in this thread . Now why do you want people to turn a blind eye?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:12 pm

But I didn't say 'footballers were subject of kidnapping b/c they missed a chance for Naijaria', that's your interpretation. I've broken down why I brought up kidnapping, to counter the initial post which was trying to say these players are better off choosing SE b/c they could get abused in the UK. Well hello, they can get abused in Naijaria too, AND on top of that they can be subject to much worse than abuse as we've seen happen to our footballers from JJ's money being stolen by naija banks for daring to invest in the country, to Mikel's pops being kidnapped twice, to Ighalo's house being broken into and threatened to be set on fire etc...all of which are also 'lesson learned' as far as picking Naijaria. The grass is not always greener...

https://www.ghgossip.com/breaking-hoodl ... ire-video/
do not be so limited, escobar was shot and killed , Palacious brother was murders, ozil and one assanal left back were robbed on a bike, etc... you ae totally comparing racism to robbery etc :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: talk about digging
SuperEagles

ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

I'm not supporting the racist fans by any means, even putting Saka in that position was cruel. He's 19 for goodness sakes. Yet if you're non-white and you're going to a white country and you're not expecting racism, you are honestly fooling yourself. It's just how things are.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:03 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm
what you just wrote makes zero sense. Also you are clueless when it comes to this topic , and that is why you added 90k, post reviews, smart white man etc you included those so it seems like you wrote enough ....just come out and say you find it difficult to express the thoughts in your head in words. there is no harm in admitting that you lack critical thinking skills.

You can do what some do, just read and browse. Stop posting hanging sentences and thinking folks won't call you out . This isn't a personal attack , just observing your major intellectual error in this thread . Now why do you want people to turn a blind eye?
Of course we can all pretend we are geniuses on the internet. Why should I be exempt from thinking I possess critical thinking skills like you do. I too I’m entitled to an inflated, chest thumping opinion of my intellect. Not just you.
There is nothing wrong in your outrage about racism towards the players but thinking that playing for Nigeria solves that issue for an English footballer of Nigerian descent is down right fickle and shall I say not what I expected from such a deep philosophical mind. I have said my piece. Time to go actually use the few neurons that have not whittled away as a result of this encounter.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Saka is a professional footballer. He was not put in any unusual position. England did not lose because of Saka's saved penalty. In my opnion, they lost because they had only one shot on goal trying to defend a lone goal lead for 88 minutes. That Rohr type negative football.
ElHadary wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:27 pm I'm not supporting the racist fans by any means, even putting Saka in that position was cruel. He's 19 for goodness sakes. Yet if you're non-white and you're going to a white country and you're not expecting racism, you are honestly fooling yourself. It's just how things are.