Leon Balogun Explodes on NFF: Biting Criticism...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Leon Balogun Explodes on NFF: Biting Criticism...

Post by Enugu II »

The hammer is about to fall......1, 2, 3....
After Oparanozie, Leon NEXT......"we are just trying to see new faces and options in defense" NFF official. LOL.

Leon Balogun criticizes Football administration in Nigeria, Super Eagles crisis in bombshell interview
https://www.footballlive.ng/leon-balogu ... -interview
By Editor - July 27, 2021065

Nigeria CB Leon Balogun has raised some critical issues about the administration of football in Nigeria, including the condition with the Super Eagles squad, criticizing the lack of professionalism.

Balogun spoke on the Nigeria Football Federation circus about the backlog of bonuses owed the Super Eagles stretching back 2019.
The 33 year-old revealed he had “taking the fall” for standing up for his teammates against the administrators and has been dubbed a “trouble maker”.

Speaking on “The Beautiful Game Podcast”, the 2019 AFCON bronze medal winner anticipates his vocal criticism could land him hot water with an intolerant Nigeria FA.

Excerpts of Balogun’s interview with “The Beautiful Game” Podcast:

You hear about other players and why can’t they not perform in the Super Eagles. We have to be honest, the infrastructure, we are not being provided with the best minerals to do our job.

It starts with pitches or it starts with accommodation but it goes on to pitches and all these kinds of things. And as I said I’m always quite outspoken, probably I know if some people hear that they might come after me but I don’t care because that’s just how it is.

If you say you want to see the next Messi coming out of Nigeria or the next Cristiano Ronaldo or whatsoever, if you want to see us so then you need to make sure that back home in Nigeria we have the best possibilities.

Like why don’t we have a base in Nigeria where we meet up like St. George’s park in England, we don’t really have something like that.

About the bonuses, it’s not even a secret, I’ve read something recently where people in charge contradict themselves saying things have been paid then they admit they haven’t been paid.

You know what everybody is so concerned about the look of Nigeria and we that we have to represent Nigeria well and we cannot embarrass Nigeria; make sure you’re not embarrassing Nigeria with your own action.

I think it’s also a matter of the culture, it’s a cultural thing to show respect in this kind of things, also that’s something where I clash probably because I’m not afraid to speak my mind even if it’s with the Coach or the Manager if I feel like something is wrong I might at one point just talk about it and then it’s always like this boy is a trouble maker.

I’m not a trouble maker, because at the end of the day I stand in for my teammates, I do that with pleasure and if I have to take the fall well, I probably did in the past.

But, it’s always also motivated by personal issues, by things that I just feel like, I don’t have to deal with this, I should not have to deal with this and I don’t think any of us should, there’s loads of work to do.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Leon Balogun Explodes on NFF: Biting Criticism...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well done leon. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The truth must be spoken.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Even though i doubt the article, however Leon is right, how come we do not have a base for the SE. We can build something similar to other top nations... Also they need to sort the bonuses etc. Shame on peakmilk, dude has been a failure this is the same joker who was boasting during AFCON shouting,25k for you, 50k for you etc
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[tweet][/tweet]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:20 am :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[tweet][/tweet]
ok, i believe the article after seeing this video, and i will add this to my post, this falls on the NFF and peakmilk...all that money wey them done dey collect from FIFA , wey am,,, at least they should have used it to build a similar complex like the one Musa built up north....

once again , shame on peakmilk and his failure admin
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:40 am

[tweet][/tweet]
ok, i believe the article after seeing this video, and i will add this to my post, this falls on the NFF and peakmilk...all that money wey them done dey collect from FIFA , wey am,,, at least they should have used it to build a similar complex like the one Musa built up north....

Gerrarra hia with your ignorance. These are the same conditions you want Rohr to win the WC under. You no get shame sef. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Well said Leon, at least in the past we could claim Surulere, but lack of maintenance and I don't care attitude has led to Nigeria playing all over the Country instead of the usual National Stadium.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:29 am Well said Leon, at least in the past we could claim Surulere, but lack of maintenance and I don't care attitude has led to Nigeria playing all over the Country instead of the usual National Stadium.
True that.
Used to be called ‘Sports City’.
But we really do need a home for the national teams. A whole complex.
The Surulere stadium, grand as it was, wasn’t dedicated to football.
That’s what we need.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I hope the likes of Bigbokey will tone down their negative criticism of Rohr. The "Mourinhos and Pochetinos" that you clamour for won't take this nonsense from NFF.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and what is new here? nothing new.
Players have constructively criticized the NFA in the past but they were all dubbed trouble makers, mafia, etc.
The little thieves who support the bigger thieves will call them names.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Well I guess these prevailing conditions aren’t a great recruiting tool
for those “euro-born” black men to be attracted to playing for Nigeria,
especially those @ the top of their game and being seriously recruited
by their country of birth.
Maybe folks should focus on the fball administration and stop attacking players.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

[tweet][/tweet]
Nice one Leon.

Lets hope he is not frozen out of the SE after this video.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

naijaguy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 am I hope the likes of Bigbokey will tone down their negative criticism of Rohr. The "Mourinhos and Pochetinos" that you clamour for won't take this nonsense from NFF.
keep thinking having a top notch training facility will help **** tactically. siddon there , we can build the best facility in the world , it will never improve the SE tactically . FACT not feelings .
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:27 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:40 am

[tweet][/tweet]

Gerrarra hia with your ignorance. These are the same conditions you want Rohr to win the WC under. You no get shame sef. :boo:
Rather, these are the incompetent conditions that got us a **** in the first place...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm Well I guess these prevailing conditions aren’t a great recruiting tool
Maybe folks should focus on the fball administration and stop attacking players.
No let BP catch you o he no go tell us about this 'lesson', as if this full scale infrastructural incompetence isn't way worse than some social media thumb thugs that you can simply block...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm Well I guess these prevailing conditions aren’t a great recruiting tool
No let BP catch you o he no go tell us about this 'lesson', as if this full scale infrastructural incompetence isn't way worse than some social media thumb thugs that you can simply block...
i have no idea what you are talking about. You didn't express yourself properly. what the heck has this got to do with IG, FACEBook etc?
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm
i have no idea what you are talking about. You didn't express yourself properly. what the heck has this got to do with IG, FACEBook etc?
Just add these things to your ‘lessons learned’ post for players of Nigerian heritage picking other countries rather than Nigeria…here you have one who picked Nigeria lamenting about how bad things are…but continue to act like you don’t get it…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Makes sense why the players don't give their all and we complain. Trust me, NFF is seriously jeopardizing our World Cup qualification matches with this outstanding debt.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:10 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm
Just add these things to your ‘lessons learned’ post for players of Nigerian heritage picking other countries rather than Nigeria…here you have one who picked Nigeria lamenting about how bad things are…but continue to act like you don’t get it…
you mean a player rejected by germany? tell us what that said player has done in football to be well known, he plays week in week out vs dundee united , hearts etc... you are very funny. Are all your fingers equal?
Okocha and co all played for Nigeria. Balogun who gets disgraced by pathetic cartoon nation.. you are so sad it hurts. Those so called junk players , which all white and mighty Euro clubs are they playing for? smh..even our well established SE born and raised from the soil are the only ones playing for decent club. You want me to name them? Name these foreign born players playing for top euro clubs... rejects sef get mouth to talk...smh. balogun who couldn't cut it at Brighton...e done find him level

don't make me name these rejected foreign raised so called SE and their low level clubs they all play fall... You pathetic NFF chairman, has littered our SE with low level trahs junks
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nigerian administrators have this bad habit of thinking they can just explain things away with a bunch of stupid excuses and the people will forget the problem. Pinnick like any other yeye govt worker, excuses roll out of their mouths like words roll off Bigporker 's keyboard. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:00 pm
naijaguy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 am I hope the likes of Bigbokey will tone down their negative criticism of Rohr. The "Mourinhos and Pochetinos" that you clamour for won't take this nonsense from NFF.
keep thinking having a top notch training facility will help **** tactically. siddon there , we can build the best facility in the world , it will never improve the SE tactically . FACT not feelings .
BigP, how do you think the NFF can attract and pay a top coach when the facilities are inadequate
and the salary payments are always delayed? Please get real, and try seeing through the shenanigans of our
football administrators. With these incompetent and clueless administrators, we should be happy if we qualify
for any tournament, continental or FIFA controlled.

Those so-claimed 'Stake holders' of our football, are merely holding the nation to ransom, as they lack the basic
interest, understanding, or psychological make-up to help develop the game in the country. What with our NFF
members wearing foreign club apparels in public, or promoting such clubs in public. Can we imagine Sir Ferguson
donning the jersey of two time African champions Enyimba FC in England?

I will like NFF chair, Pinnick, to sincerely explain how our men and women teams missed out of the Tokyo Olympics
for starters. Meanwhile he can arrange for some ladies to go on vacation in Europe supposedly for training, and with
no security? How convenient, and what did this jamboree cost?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

joao wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:13 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:00 pm
BigP, how do you think the NFF can attract and pay a top coach when the facilities are inadequate
and the salary payments are always delayed? Please get real, and try seeing through the shenanigans of our
football administrators. With these incompetent and clueless administrators, we should be happy if we qualify

Those so-claimed 'Stake holders' of our football, are merely holding the nation to ransom, as they lack the basic
interest, understanding, or psychological make-up to help develop the game in the country. What with our NFF
members wearing foreign club apparels in public, or promoting such clubs in public. Can we imagine Sir Ferguson

I will like NFF chair, Pinnick, to sincerely explain how our men and women teams missed out of the Tokyo Olympics
for starters. Meanwhile he can arrange for some ladies to go on vacation in Europe supposedly for training, and with
Well said Sir.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

joao wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:13 pm BigP, how do you think the NFF can attract and pay a top coach when the facilities are inadequate

Pinnick has sent his Sec. Gen on the plane to Austria to sign of documents regarding the incident.

The biggies names in Europe....Public transport is a very civilized of commuting in Europe.....

Met Boris Johnson blah....

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim