Raphael Onyedika Nwadike has just dumped Celtic out of the Champions League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Raphael Onyedika Nwadike has just dumped Celtic out of the Champions League

Post by Paveman »

His goal in extra time gave Midtylland a win in extra time in the champions league second qualifying round.

I predict a very good season for the boy who plays as a defensive midfielder. A good prospect to look out for. He is one of the Ebedei boys, and has just turned 20.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Raphael Onyedika Nwadike has just dumped Celtic out of the Champions League

Post by wiseone »

Congrats to Nwadike.

Celtic is allergic to success in the Champions League.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 pm Congrats to Nwadike.

Celtic is allergic to success in the Champions League.
Celtic are simply living on past glories (they won the equivalent of the CL back in the 60s), their massive fan base and the perennial two-legged Scottish Premiership title race.
They’re really no better than a Fulham or a Watford.
And to be honest, on average Rangers aren’t that much better. :idea:
Football
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
Rangers would survive British Premier League but Celtic would be relegated immediately, claims Jamie O’Hara
Ryan McDonald
11:43, 22 Apr 2021Updated: 14:57, 22 Apr 2021

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-league/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You are being charitable by comparing them to "a Fulham or a Watford". I suspect their real level is a mid-table Champioship team.

The scary thing is that Celtic was the first British team to win the European Cup. They became champions of Europe with a squad where 13 of its 15 players were born within 10 miles of Celtic Park in Glasgow (of the 2 "outsiders", one was born 11 miles away from Celtic Park, and the was born 30 miles away). Something like that would never happen today. Can you imagine e.g. Bayern or PSG winning the Champions League with a squad of players all born in the vicinity of their stadium? The closest modern equivalents are Man U's "Class of 92" or the Barcelona La Masia graduates who won the Champions League.
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:04 am Celtic are simply living on past glories (they won the equivalent of the CL back in the 60s), their massive fan base and the perennial two-legged Scottish Premiership title race.
They’re really no better than a Fulham or a Watford.
And to be honest, on average Rangers aren’t that much better. :idea:
Football
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
Rangers would survive British Premier League but Celtic would be relegated immediately, claims Jamie O’Hara
Ryan McDonald
11:43, 22 Apr 2021Updated: 14:57, 22 Apr 2021

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-league/
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Paveman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:57 pm His goal in extra time gave Midtylland a win in extra time in the champions league second qualifying round.

I predict a very good season for the boy who plays as a defensive midfielder. A good prospect to look out for. He is one of the Ebedei boys, and has just turned 20.
This player caught my eye when I watched the first leg. It took a while for them to show the name on his shirt, then I realized he's Nigerian. Very mobile, strong on the tackle, and tactically aware. I like him!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

This boy has locked down a place this season. Only 20 years old, he is playing regularly with a club that is first in the Danish league. I think he is due a callup for the Flying Eagles.