Is Kennedy Boboye an NPFL Super Coach?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is Kennedy Boboye an NPFL Super Coach?

Post by Enugu II »

Given Kennedy Boboye winning the NPFL title at Akwa United and being the first to win it with two different clubs in the NPFL, would you classify him as an NPFL Super Coach?

My view is YES. He definitely belongs with the other three NPFL Super Coaches. Here are the other three:

1. Salisu Yusuf
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Gbenga Ogunbote

I have not listed them in any particular order.

What do you think?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chuks69
Egg
Egg
Time to recognise Coach Kennedy Boboye coaching Prowess

Post by chuks69 »

Coach Boboye first won the NPL a few years ago with Plateau United (their first NPL title), now he has repeated the trick with Akwa United.
Kennedy teams play breath taking attacking football.. The unfortunate thing, the times he has been in the National teams, he has been one of the Assistants... Kennedy Boboye can be the next top coach from motherland.
afc##
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Kennedy Boboye an NPFL Super Coach?

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:41 pm Given Kennedy Boboye winning the NPFL title at Akwa United and being the first to win it with two different clubs in the NPFL, would you classify him as an NPFL Super Coach?

My view is YES. He definitely belongs with the other three NPFL Super Coaches. Here are the other three:

1. Salisu Yusuf
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Gbenga Ogunbote

I have not listed them in any particular order.

What do you think?
No doubt!! If we're even looking at NPFL titles won in a 38 game season, technically this is his 2nd in a row.
He's built a tough squad of players with the largest point gap from 2nd that i've seen in a long time. Though I want to see how he'll do on the continent on a bigger stage as well with the potential loss of key players to bigger leagues sooner or later he has to think fast.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Considering Salisu Yusuf is a thief who has been caught on camera collecting bribes, one must question his successes. it is tainted! It is not far-fetched that he bribed his way to any title he won.

Only in Nigeria will a well known thief and fraud be praised and called a "super" anything. smh, Who cursed us?!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:06 am Considering Salisu Yusuf is a thief who has been caught on camera collecting bribes, one must question his successes. it is tainted! It is not far-fetched that he bribed his way to any title he won.

Only in Nigeria will a well known thief and fraud be praised and called a "super" anything. smh, Who cursed us?!
Yes but I was told that Salisu learned his lesson and won't do it again and also that it was only small money they bribed him with so they shouldn't investigate and we should forgive.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Time to recognise Coach Kennedy Boboye coaching Prowess

Post by Enugu II »

chuks69 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 pm Coach Boboye first won the NPL a few years ago with Plateau United (their first NPL title), now he has repeated the trick with Akwa United.
Kennedy teams play breath taking attacking football.. The unfortunate thing, the times he has been in the National teams, he has been one of the Assistants... Kennedy Boboye can be the next top coach from motherland.
I agree. Boboye and tge Plateau Utd coach have shown their mettle as attack minded coaches that also produce results. Ogunbote also produces results but prefers to defend resolutely. I hope that instead of present I ng them as assistants at the NT level that they should be given the reins handling one of the national teams.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Let's see what his team does on the continent.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He must be doing something right to win 2 titles with different teams.

Hopefully Akwa will perform well at the CAF tournament. If they do, then it might be a good idea to bring him in to manage one of our national teams, preferably U23.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They went like 18 games in the league without a defeat and in 37 games , they've only lost 4 matches.. in my books, dude is miles ahead of the current joker we have coaching our SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Is he a relation of Boboye, who coached the Atlanta 96 dream team qualifiers? (I believe Boboye coached the team until the 0 - 0 draw with Kenya in Lagos. Foreign based players were invited for the battle in Mombasa (2nd leg), Which the team won 3 - 0.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Gbenga Ogunbote and Kadiri Ikhana fall into this category of Super coaches too, surely.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

fabio wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:09 pm Is he a relation of Boboye, who coached the Atlanta 96 dream team qualifiers? (I believe Boboye coached the team until the 0 - 0 draw with Kenya in Lagos. Foreign based players were invited for the battle in Mombasa (2nd leg), Which the team won 3 - 0.
Dude Kennedy Boboye played in that Atlanta team, as a Striker, #8 or #9, and was dispensed when the Foreign based players took over..
afc##
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:09 pm Is he a relation of Boboye, who coached the Atlanta 96 dream team qualifiers? (I believe Boboye coached the team until the 0 - 0 draw with Kenya in Lagos. Foreign based players were invited for the battle in Mombasa (2nd leg), Which the team won 3 - 0.
You mean he played? He played the qualifiers but didn't make the final cut.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

SEs has not being the same since Yusuf left. Bring him back and get rid of Joseph Yoyo.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Aswani wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:08 pm Gbenga Ogunbote and Kadiri Ikhana fall into this category of Super coaches too, surely.
But Kadiri Ikhana has long left the coaching circuit. Unless you are counting on retirees.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am They went like 18 games in the league without a defeat and in 37 games , they've only lost 4 matches.. in my books, dude is miles ahead of the current joker we have coaching our SE
NNIgeria league that home team never losses? Ive been privileged to watch some league games live this year and i must say its been totally dissapointing. A league were referee decides the winner before the match starts.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:17 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am They went like 18 games in the league without a defeat and in 37 games , they've only lost 4 matches.. in my books, dude is miles ahead of the current joker we have coaching our SE
NNIgeria league that home team never losses? Ive been privileged to watch some league games live this year and i must say its been totally dissapointing. A league were referee decides the winner before the match starts.
But all said and done, he still emerged from the battle as last man standing.
TWICE!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

https://bbcgossip.com/sports/akwa-unite ... l-triumph/

Akwa United’s Boboye shifts focus to Caf Champions League after historic NPFL triumph
SPORTS
August 2, 2021

Updated: 12 hours ago

After helping the Promise Keepers win their maiden Nigerian top-flight title, the tactician is aiming to lead the team to a fruitful outing in Africa

Coach Kennedy Boboye has shifted focus to Akwa United’s Caf Champions League campaign after leading the Promise Keepers to Nigeria Professional League glory.

Inspired by a Charles Atshimene hat-trick, the Uyo-based outfit mauled MFM 5-2 at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium to end their NPFL title wait with a game to spare.

Following winning their maiden top-flight crown, the former Nigeria international now boasts of two winners medals after leading Plateau United to the country’s elite division diadem in 2017 after leaving Abia Warriors.

While revelling in Akwa’s historic feat, Boboye claims his next goal is to lead the team to a successful outing when the African club tournament commences.

“It feels good winning the Nigeria Professional Football League title with Akwa United. That is a great reward for our hard work and consistency,” Boboye told Goal.

“This trophy is for the Akwa Ibom state governor Mr. Udom Emmanuel, the commissioner for youths and sports Monday Uko and our amiable chairman Paul Bassey for their supports since I was appointed as head coach of this great team.

“I will not forget to appreciate the contributions of my technical crew and players because, without them, this feat would have not been possible.

“I’m the happiest man in the world at the moment because, at the start of the season, no one gave us a chance, but with a game left, we have emerged as champions of one of the biggest leagues in Africa.

“All celebrations are on hold for now because we have commenced preparations for our game against Lobi Stars.

“Although the result is inconsequential, we are hoping to end the 2020-21 campaign on a winning note.

“Having won the NPFL title for the very first time, our next target is to represent Nigeria well in next year’s Caf Champions League.

“Aiming for the African crown is a tall dream, but we are hoping to give a good account of ourselves and also to show everyone that we are worthy champions of Nigeria.

“Shortly after the end of this campaign, we will have a brief rest before commencing preparations for the Caf Champions League with full force.”

Nasarawa United, Rivers United, Enyimba, Kwara United and Kano Pillars will battle for the last slot in Africa’s elite club competition allocated to Nigeria
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:30 am
Aswani wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:08 pm Gbenga Ogunbote and Kadiri Ikhana fall into this category of Super coaches too, surely.
But Kadiri Ikhana has long left the coaching circuit. Unless you are counting on retirees.
I didn't realise he was only referring to current coaches plus Gbenga Ogunbote was originally mentioned but I missed it.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

You mean Bazuaye. Willy Bazuaye was the one who initially coached the Atlanta 96 team before Bonfere Jo took over. No relation.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 am
You mean Bazuaye. Willy Bazuaye was the one who initially coached the Atlanta 96 team before Bonfere Jo took over. No relation.
Thanks! It was Wily Bazuaye. At least, I know you followed the team right from the beginning. :clap: :clap:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:14 am
chief nfachairman wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:17 am
But all said and done, he still emerged from the battle as last man standing.
TWICE!!!
which battle?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:bump: :bump: :bump:

How far?
His name keeps coming up.