AFCON 2022 Draw

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Super eagles AFCON 2022(Egypt, Sudan and Guinea.B

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Africa Cup of Nations draw seeding

Pot 1: Cameroon, Algeria, Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Nigeria

Pot 2: Egypt, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea

Pot 3: Cape Verde, Gabon, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Guinea-Bissau

Pot 4: Malawi, Sudan, Equatorial Guinea, Comoros, Ethiopia, Gambia

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/senegal-on ... 09084.html
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super eagles in Pot 1 AFCON 2022

Post by vancity eagle »

If Pinnick and the imbeciles at the NFF are not careful, Nigeria will no longer be a top 5 nation, meaning we would play a top seed in the final round of World Cup Qualifying.

The fool Pinnick is telling Rohr that qualification is "non negotiable" yet he brags how he forced Ahmed "chickenhead" Musa on to Rohr.

This is the same clown who is going around parading Nigeria "homebased team" to get blown out by Mexico which affects our ranking.

All these stupid useless games the HB eagles play will affect our ranking.

Its like these people just do not plan for success, and yet expect it to just happen by chance.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:52 pm If Pinnick and the imbeciles at the NFF are not careful, Nigeria will no longer be a top 5 nation, meaning we would play a top seed in the final round of World Cup Qualifying.

The fool Pinnick is telling Rohr that qualification is "non negotiable" yet he brags how he forced Ahmed "chickenhead" Musa on to Rohr.

This is the same clown who is going around parading Nigeria "homebased team" to get blown out by Mexico which affects our ranking.

Its like these people just do not plan for success, and yet expect it to just happen by chance.
Are you sure about that?
I thought they said it wouldn’t.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:29 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:52 pm If Pinnick and the imbeciles at the NFF are not careful, Nigeria will no longer be a top 5 nation, meaning we would play a top seed in the final round of World Cup Qualifying.

Are you sure about that?
Unless you work it out with FIFA that it is a "B international" they will count it.

I remember that England did this a few times, years back.

What Rohr might have referred to was that it was outside the FIFA sanctioned friendly dates, meaning it will still count, but count for less.

Friendlies count for a multiplier of 5, while friendlies sanctioned within FIFA dates count for 10.

The problem with this upcoming "hb friendly" tournament in September or October , is that it will likely take place within the FIFA dates so they will count for a 10× multiplier rather than 5x.

Are they even aware of this ? Or is it just blatant incompetence. I doubt they even care, the mad rush to pimp players seems to be more important than the SE proper, when they cannot even pay bonuses.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:04 am

Are you sure about that?
Unless you work it out with FIFA that it is a "B international" they will count it.

What Rohr might have referred to was that it was outside the FIFA sanctioned friendly dates, meaning it will still count, but count for less.

Friendlies count for a multiplier of 5, while friendlies sanctioned within FIFA dates count for 10.

The problem with this upcoming "hb friendly" tournament in September or October , is that it will likely take place within the FIFA dates so they will count for a 10× multiplier rather than 5x.

Are they even aware of this ? Or is it just blatant incompetence. I doubt they even care, the mad rush to pimp players seems to be more important than the SE proper, when they cannot even pay bonuses.
They are going to pay for their incompetence sooner or later or even sooner than later but they won’t learn anyway!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:10 am

Are you sure about that?

They are going to pay for their incompetence sooner or later or even sooner than later but they won’t learn anyway!
Let us be clear and not just speculate. We need to know the situation for real.
Are we saying that the CHAN matches def affect out FIFA ranking?
If so, let’s know how and when.
If not, why not?

This was effectively the CHAN team, regardless of who they played against. So the Q is, how does FIFA regard the CHAN team and the championship as a whole?

If it really does impact on our FIFA ranking, should we be participating at all?
For example, does the Olympic soccer reflect on FIFA rankings? Everyone knows they are not full national teams.
The key point is, whether FIFA-sanctioned friendliest or not, what does the body regard as full national teams and when does it not?
How does it define a ‘B’ international? Is it down to the national football bodies or does FIFA make the call regardless?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Are you sure about that?

So are you blowing a fuse because you know for a fact that the Mexico game and the upcoming friendlies are NOT regarded as ‘B’ internationals?
Because I see no reason why they shouldn’t be.
You seem to be taking panadol for hitting your own head against a brick wall. Calm down first.
What is the TRUE situation?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk you really no be am at all. Did Mexico use their 1st team to play our homebased team? Smh..dude apply yourself. that was a fifa sanctioned A friendly.

You people should stop blaming the chan team.. name the top teams we've defeated other than Lesotho and Benin.... you are quick to forget the loses to Algeria and Cameroon were all factored in
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:13 am Damunk you really no be am at all. Did Mexico use their 1st team to play our homebased team? Smh..dude apply yourself. that was a fifa sanctioned A friendly.

You people should stop blaming the chan team.. name the top teams we've defeated other than Lesotho and Benin.... you are quick to forget the loses to Algeria and Cameroon were all factored in
I know the question is a bit too convoluted for you, that’s why nobody asked you.
But just in case you’ve had a cerebral upgrade, kindly address the issue simplified for you below.
1. What is a ‘B’ international?
2. Who decides the status of the team and the game, FIFA or the national football association(s)?
3. Why do tournaments like CHAN, WAFU Nations Cup not affect our FIFA standings? Or do they?
4. If one country plays a friendly with its full team vs another that basically presents its U23 team, what does it count as?

A host country can insist on a minimal number of first team players to feature in the invited team for a friendly. It’s even happened to Nigeria before I believe. This suggests that even FIFA might use certain criteria in its rating of a game.

That Mex-Ngr 2021 mighta been rated as an ‘A friendly’ does not answer the above questions, which I’m sure you can’t answer.
Oya, prove me wrong and surprise us. :taunt:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Are you sure about that?

oga,
ROhr and Pinnick said the MExico Games would not count. So stop vexing over nothing.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:29 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:13 am Damunk you really no be am at all. Did Mexico use their 1st team to play our homebased team? Smh..dude apply yourself. that was a fifa sanctioned A friendly.

I know the question is a bit too convoluted for you, that’s why nobody asked you.
But just in case you’ve had a cerebral upgrade, kindly address the issue simplified for you below.
1. What is a ‘B’ international?
2. Who decides the status of the team and the game, FIFA or the national football association(s)?
3. Why do tournaments like CHAN, WAFU Nations Cup not affect our FIFA standings? Or do they?
4. If one country plays a friendly with its full team vs another that basically presents its U23 team, what does it count as?

A host country can insist on a minimal number of first team players to feature in the invited team for a friendly. It’s even happened to Nigeria before I believe. This suggests that even FIFA might use certain criteria in its rating of a game.

That Mex-Ngr 2021 mighta been rated as an ‘A friendly’ does not answer the above questions, which I’m sure you can’t answer.
Oya, prove me wrong and surprise us. :taunt:
1. B internationals rarely take place. England last played one in 2007. I can't find much info but I believe that the FA must make it clear to FIFA to register the match as such. Both playing nations of course must agree.

2. As said above I believe both national football associations involved must make this clear to FIFA. And nowhere in the Mexican media or during the match did they ever refer to match as a "B international" because it was in fact their A team. I highly doubt it was a B international, and I think Pinnick doesn't even know what he is talking about. Maybe because the match was outside of the FIFA sanctioned window he believed it wouldn't count, but that would just make it count half as much. As I said a 5x multiplier rather than the 10x multiplier that both Cameroon matches were worth.

3. I know for a fact that CHAN counts. It will be a multiplier of 5x as CHAN takes place outside of FIFA sanctioned windows. So yes if our team flops it will affect our rankings. I believe WAFU would count for the same amount as well, but I know for a fact CHAN counts, and I believe that is why Egypt dropped out (which is kind of strange given they have the strongest domestic team and would probably benefit from CHAN)

4. If you use your u23 team for a full FIFA international friendly during a FIFA window, then it counts as a full friendly. You would have to register the match as an U23 friendly for it not to count, and in that case you wouldn't be able to play a full team. If you are playing a full team, then it is a full friendly no matter if you use U17, homebased, that is on you.

the only criterea FIFA uses is whether or not the friendly is during a FIFA window, unless it is registered as a B match, and those very rarely take place.

FIFA does not care whether you call up your best players or not, if you are registered as a full friendly, they will treat it as such.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Are you sure about that?

oga,
ROhr and Pinnick said the MExico Games would not count. So stop vexing over nothing.
so you believe everything they say ? AS I said before, I saw nowhere in the Mexican media or forums that the match was a "B international"

Anyways I am more worried about the up comming homebased tournament in the US, because unless they have taken the necessary steps to make sure these games are not counted as full friendlies, they will count as a 10X multiplier given that they will occur during the FIFA window, and the fact that we will be play low ranked teams, should we lose or draw, we could take a serious dip from multiple losses against poor opposition.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
AFCON 2022 Draw

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Its on live! Bring on CIV or Egypt. SE perform best when the competition is toughest. Let's gooo. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON 2022 Draw

Post by txj »

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i want ghana
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

lovely Stadiums
SuperEagles

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I want those fuvking midgets its about damn time we get our payback for the Brentford massacre.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Actual draw is on - Eto'o, Drogba and Gyan all looking good.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Group A:
Cameroon
Burkina Faso
Ethiopia
Cape Verde

Group B:
Senegal
Zimbabwe
Guinea
Malawi

Group C:
Morocco
Ghana
Comoros
Gabon

Group D:
Nigeria
Egypt
Sudan
Guinea-Bissau

Group E:
Algeria
Sierra Leone
Equatorial Guinea
Cote D'Ivoire

Group F:
Tunisia
Mali
Mauritania
Gambia
Last edited by YemiBrazil on Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Eto is rigging this draw for Cameroon
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, G. Bissau
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, and G.Bissua .. what a boring group
SuperEagles

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Nigeria and Group D...always group D.