SE Team list for WC qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Team list for WC qualifiers

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:16 am All you need to pretty much guarantee an invite is to play in the EPL. No-one looks at Germany that closely, or Holland.. Do you think they would invited Frank if he played in Denmark? Do we really think that by playing EPL now his quality has quadrupled in less than 2 months? Point is that we have quality players who aren't necessarily playing in the EPL or famous leagues.
Now I know the powers that be don't want to invite Nwakali or Ejaria. We are so lacking the the creative midfield that it is not even funny. No wonder the SE just defends and try to hit on the counter. They hardly take any initiative in a game. When they attempt to do, they are so glaringly bereft of ideas on how to break the opposing team defence.
Which eligible players in Germany or Holland are you keen on inviting?
And just FYI, Frank Onyeka got invited to the SE (and played) before he moved to the EPL.
KEEP UP bro. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The game vs Liberia will have the uk players.. they won't travel to Cape verde
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This list does not give me confidence but it’s the best we have at this point in time. It would be a miracle if we qualify for the World Cup.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:33 am This list does not give me confidence but it’s the best we have at this point in time. It would be a miracle if we qualify for the World Cup.
Who is missing that worries you or have you always been shaking like Kongi? :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Kingsley Micheal is a full time bench warmer at shitty Bologna
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:14 am The game vs Liberia will have the uk players.. they won't travel to Cape verde
This
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Damunk wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:39 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:11 am
highbury wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:16 am All you need to pretty much guarantee an invite is to play in the EPL. No-one looks at Germany that closely, or Holland.. Do you think they would invited Frank if he played in Denmark? Do we really think that by playing EPL now his quality has quadrupled in less than 2 months? Point is that we have quality players who aren't necessarily playing in the EPL or famous leagues.
Now I know the powers that be don't want to invite Nwakali or Ejaria. We are so lacking the the creative midfield that it is not even funny. No wonder the SE just defends and try to hit on the counter. They hardly take any initiative in a game. When they attempt to do, they are so glaringly bereft of ideas on how to break the opposing team defence.
Why do the "powers that be" not want to invite Ejaria or Nwakali ?
Because Ejaria hasn’t done the switch, obviously…and Nwakali hasn’t done much to justify his invitation.
Thank you for nice and simple logic. I continue to be baffled that year after year Nwakili is hyped as our great midfield hope based on U17 games 5+ years ago. There is a reason he has shuttled and ridden the bench mostly at one mediocre team or another. I hope he can still rise to the level we expected. I am waiting but there is just no objective evidence he belongs to this group at this point.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Again I have to repeat that reportedly, most of the South American players are going to ignore their clubs and play for their national teams.

Where are the Africans in this regard ?

What is shameful is that these South American players are much more important players for their clubs, and think of all the Nigerian players who have been treated like crap by their clubs and reduced to bench roles.

Iheanacho, Iwobi, Balogun,

Will they run back to their clubs only to sit on the bench.

Shameful.

These players need to step up and stop being bitc%es. The world cup is on the line for heavens sake.

Their clubs really have no leverage over them.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

It is a young team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:25 pm Again I have to repeat that reportedly, most of the South American players are going to ignore their clubs and play for their national teams.

What is shameful is that these South American players are much more important players for their clubs, and think of all the Nigerian players who have been treated like crap by their clubs and reduced to bench roles.

Shameful.

These players need to step up and stop being bitc%es. The world cup is on the line for heavens sake.

KPOM
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

anybody who has no sense would attack players not travelling to covid hotspots. smh... Covid never h\it close to any of una so you sit in your bubble sipping MD 20-20 because you want to watch football... smh
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:07 pm anybody who has no sense would attack players not travelling to covid hotspots. smh... Covid never h\it close to any of una so you sit in your bubble sipping MD 20-20 because you want to watch football... smh
You are the one with no sense.

Cape Verde is NOT a "Covid hotspot" any more than the US is, which is not on the red list.

I suppose the players from France, Turkey, etc. Who you expect to go to Cape Verde have some kind of immunity the EPL players do not have.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:25 pm Again I have to repeat that reportedly, most of the South American players are going to ignore their clubs and play for their national teams.

Shameful.

The highlighted portion is factually incorrect.

The Brazil contingent at Liverpool have already accepted that they are not going.

The issue is really with the government and not the clubs...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The "Iwuala Project" goal has been accomplished, so he is no longer needed in the SE.
So who is the new "Iwuala"?
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Shameful.

The Brazil contingent at Liverpool have already accepted that they are not going.

And Liverpool has all the South American players ?

Reportedly all the Argentinian players in EPL are going to play for their national team.

Meanwhile our players will skip our game so they can return to warm the bench.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

lacidi wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:54 am Kingsley Micheal is a full time bench warmer at shitty Bologna
Kingsley Michael starts against Atalanta today!
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:59 pm
txj wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Shameful.

And Liverpool has all the South American players ?

Reportedly all the Argentinian players in EPL are going to play for their national team.

Meanwhile our players will skip our game so they can return to warm the bench.
...players, their clubs, their country FAs, the regions they come from, all have clouts and levels of respect or need in that order.
South American players most like carry their clubs
South American players most likely get their FA's backing.
You cannot say the same with African players or their FAs.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Same ol useless squads with same name.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

2nd appearance in Serie A this season.
Was subbed in the 60th min. Average performance.
Dammy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:08 pm
lacidi wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:54 am Kingsley Micheal is a full time bench warmer at shitty Bologna
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:22 am 2nd appearance in Serie A this season.
Was subbed in the 60th min. Average performance.
Dammy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:08 pm
Yea just watched his game, def not yet NT quality.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just heard all the Argentine players will travel to SA for the worldcup qualifiers and ignore the EPL
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kawawa wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:43 pm Van city don’t blow casket. If Simon is injured maybe one of your preferred wingers will come off the list. Just hope Musa continue to serve humble pie as he hits century mark.
Continue from 1 game 3 years ago maybe but what has he done lately to warrant continuous call ups?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI