Rohr: I’m not scared of Eagles sack

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

SUPER Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, says he is not scared of getting fired from his current position by the Nigeria Football Federation if his team fails to perform to their satisfaction at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

The Franco-German who joined the Eagles in 2016 has qualified the team to two AFCON competitions and the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Speaking to Elegbete TV, Rohr says he is confident the country will do well at the 2021 AFCON with the quality of players in the squad, he also stated that he is not scared of getting sacked if they fail to achieve the federation’s desired target in Cameroon

“When I was coming to Nigeria, I signed that the job is done if I don’t qualify for the World Cup, the second time I also signed that the job will be done if I don’t qualify for the AFCON and the third time I agreed that the job is done if we don’t do well at the AFCON,” Rohr told Elegbete TV.

“You can only stay in a country if the results are good, you have to go if it isn’t. Some coaches won’t but I agreed.”

Nigeria have been paired alongside seven-time AFCON champions, Egypt as well as Guinea-Bissau and Sudan in Group D.

Rohr led Nigeria to a third spot finish at the last AFCON in Egypt and will hope to go a step higher next year in neighbouring Cameroon.

https://punchng.com/rohr-im-not-scared-of-eagles-sack/
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr: I’m not scared of Eagles sack

Post by Scipio Africanus »

If somebody says they are not scared of something, it confirms that they are really scared of that something. Cut him loose!

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:56 pm If somebody says they are not scared of something, it confirms that they are really scared of that something. Cut him loose!
See mentality. :laugh:

What is there to be scared of? Coaches with much bigger names in bigger football countries get sacked all the time. You don't have infer dome twisted logic to try to make sense. You know what? The next after Rohr will likely get sacked too. :taunt:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Simply put, Rohr "doesn't give a flying f#$k" on whatever outcome his fate brings WIN OR LOSE, the fact he expressed this undiluted gangster mindset just when a crucial WCQ is about to start leaves more room for concern.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:48 pm Simply put, Rohr "doesn't give a flying f#$k" on whatever outcome his fate brings WIN OR LOSE, the fact he expressed this undiluted gangster mindset just when a crucial WCQ is about to start leaves more room for concern.
No need for concern. Like I said, fire his a$$.

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the man talk true.
He has seen the good, the bad, the ugly of SE and Nigeria.
And if they sack him they better pay in full asap or oyinbo man go carry them go oyinbo court where they will never side against their own.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:58 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:48 pm Simply put, Rohr "doesn't give a flying f#$k" on whatever outcome his fate brings WIN OR LOSE, the fact he expressed this undiluted gangster mindset just when a crucial WCQ is about to start leaves more room for concern.
No need for concern. Like I said, fire his a$$.
...fire him? You better have all his balance to the last green dollar ready. And you know NFA don't have that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You guys are seriously funny.
If wishes were horses…. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

But why is he so scared of quitting? I mean they haven't paid you in 7+ months just quit :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 pm But why is he so scared of quitting? I mean they haven't paid you in 7+ months just quit :mrgreen:

7 months without pay in Nigeria is nothing. NFF knows they have to pay him or risk major fines from FIFA. Coach Rohr can chill with peace of mind that the loot is on the way of there's no Nigerian football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 pm But why is he so scared of quitting? I mean they haven't paid you in 7+ months just quit :mrgreen:
Maceo4

If I was in his shoes, I will not quit. You have a contract and it will be honored. The contract does not expire until after the wcqs i believe. I will stay on, if I was in his shoes unless th we NFF offers a buy out deal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:21 am
Maceo4

If I was in his shoes, I will not quit. You have a contract and it will be honored. The contract does not expire until after the wcqs i believe. I will stay on, if I was in his shoes unless th we NFF offers a buy out deal.
Prof, na play I dey play, but truth is he won’t find this kind of opportunity to do something at the ANC and go to another WC if he quit. If any country na so so Niger and South Sudan go hire am…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:01 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:21 am
Maceo4

Prof, na play I dey play, but truth is he won’t find this kind of opportunity to do something at the ANC and go to another WC if he quit. If any country na so so Niger and South Sudan go hire am…
True,it’s not as if he has done much.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...7 months of no pay is savings in the bank waiting to be collected. When and if the hammer falls on the NFA (by the world court) to pay, the man will easily collect heavy with interest.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The real bone of contention hasn't been the results but the performances.

Our exhilarating attacking and creative play has been replaced with a style of play that most fans find unpalatable..
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

My post achieved its goal of baiting haters into spewing garbage from their mouth.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:56 pm If somebody says they are not scared of something, it confirms that they are really scared of that something. Cut him loose!
Bro,
What should he say " I'm Scared to get Sack ? OHHHH I'm Scared, Please don't Sack me " !!!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

blueangel wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:44 pm
Bro,
What should he say " I'm Scared to get Sack ? OHHHH I'm Scared, Please don't Sack me " !!!!!
How about him just shutting the f*ck up? The same advice applies to you as well.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we are wasting our time with this coach. 2 draws vs Liberia and the almighty Cape Verde
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Full interview
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 pm
blueangel wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:44 pm
Bro,
How about him just shutting the f*ck up? The same advice applies to you as well.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But you don't think he might have been asked the specific question?
Seems you'd prefer he responded by telling the journalist to STFU.

Interesting. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mr Shows wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:39 pm The real bone of contention hasn't been the results but the performances.

Our exhilarating attacking and creative play has been replaced with a style of play that most fans find unpalatable..
since you cannot argue against the results, (which have been better than the vast majority of SE coaches) you must move on to something SUBJECTIVE.

"style of play" and "performance" appear to be the ones the die hard critics focus on yet again if one truly looks this is just another meaningless criticism.

Rohr's eagles have played many exciting matches with plenty of attacking flair and play and cohesion, (both Lesotho matches, Sierra Leone first 70 minutes, Brazil, Ukraine, Benin match we totally dominated, both recent Cameroon matches we dominated despite missing the majority of our first team)

but so long as "style of play" is SUBJECTIVE, the haters can always complain and claim Rohr is failing in this regard.

the OBJECTIVE truth is that Rohr has continued to get the job done, despite not being paid for how long, and having to deal with all the NFF rubbish.

I personally can beef with Rohr regarding some of his selections, but he is getting the job done, and should it continue with these 2 matches it would just be a continuation of what he has been doing.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 am
Full interview
:thumbs: :thumbs:

I have to give it up to Rohr.

He was asked "why not call up local players?"

He reacted angrily "Why do I always get asked this question ? You saw what happened in Los angeles. THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH"

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He then said there is pressure from agents to get these local players into SE so they can get deals to Europe.

I have my criticisms of Rohr, but I like the man, he is correct on these issues and I will trust him to handle SE more than any of the crooks we have had in the recent past. Or those currently jostling for his position.