African World Cup Qualifiers on FIFA youtube Live

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: African World Cup Qualifiers on FIFA youtube Live

Post by YUJAM »

I watched Mali/Rwanda and the Malians are an interesting side. They have plenty of skillful players who play a free flowing style of football. I think they’ll be in the last round and while they probably aren’t good enough to make the WC, they’ll be key in determining the final outcome of the group
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:48 pm I watched Mali/Rwanda and the Malians are an interesting side. They have plenty of skillful players who play a free flowing style of football. I think they’ll be in the last round and while they probably aren’t good enough to make the WC, they’ll be key in determining the final outcome of the group
Mali has always been a very skillful side that plays beautiful free flowing football, even as far back as the 70's- 80's era.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The consternation for me is that Guinea, an African powerhouse in the 70s, has been overtaken by the likes of Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Liberia and even Benin. Their FA must suck more than ours🙂❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:28 am The consternation for me is that Guinea, an African powerhouse in the 70s, has been overtaken by the likes of Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Liberia and even Benin. Their FA must suck more than ours🙂❗️

Cheers.

TTTK,

Nothing is ever static. Remember, Sudan and Ethiopia were once powerhouses as well in Africa. Hungary was once a powerhouse in global soccer.

What is CONSTANT is CHANGE ITSELF. That is a well known quote.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:28 am The consternation for me is that Guinea, an African powerhouse in the 70s, has been overtaken by the likes of Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Liberia and even Benin. Their FA must suck more than ours🙂❗️

Cheers.
The 70s is too far a time for any significant changes and shifts not to have taken place football-wise... The likes of Sudan and Ethiopia were also African football powerhouses once upon a time.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:39 am

Cheers.
The 70s is too far a time for any significant changes and shifts not to have taken place football-wise... The likes of Sudan and Ethiopia were also African football powerhouses once upon a time.
Kpom!
Nigeria only began to sit at the African table in the 70s.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:33 am
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:39 am

Cheers.
Kpom!
Nigeria only began to sit at the African table in the 70s.
… but we are still vying for the head chair despite our shambolic FA. One would have expected a lot more from a prodigiously talented Guinea🤔❗️

Cheers.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

WOW! I am VERY impressed by the quality of the pitch in Namibia and even Madagascar! Looks better than anything I have seen in Naija!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah wah ooo, Benin defeated Madagascar in Cartoon country... hmmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:25 pm nah wah ooo, Benin defeated Madagascar in Cartoon country... hmmmm
And this is a surprise because? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Are we sure our game tomorrow is on ESPN+?? It's not listed on their app. THE CAPE VERDE GAME IS
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

https://m.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2021-09-03/

Tomorrow’s schedule on Livesoccertv has it listed
Ugbowo wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:40 pm Are we sure our game tomorrow is on ESPN+?? It's not listed on their app. THE CAPE VERDE GAME IS
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cheers.
Aside from Titi Camara what has Guinea produced in terms of talents? Mali and Congo are the countrues with far more potential. Its their extractions that are supplying talents to most western European NTs these days.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I am currently switching back and forth between CIV vs Mozambique and SA vs Zimbabwe games! Long may this ESPN deal continue! I am loving this!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bushboy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:09 pm I am currently switching back and forth between CIV vs Mozambique and SA vs Zimbabwe games! Long may this ESPN deal continue! I am loving this!!
this is a perfect example of someone who has zero sense about technology.. how unintelligent can one be in 2021 with the abundance of technology? You are clueless and this is pretty embarrassing that you have zero sense on multitasking.

Are you aware of the fact you do not need to switch back and forth? you can open both apps in two different tabs and have them playing at the same time... my goodness, what are we dealing with here? the audacity , boastfulness and confidence to shout switching back and forth is pretty much shameful
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:16 pm
bushboy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:09 pm I am currently switching back and forth between CIV vs Mozambique and SA vs Zimbabwe games! Long may this ESPN deal continue! I am loving this!!
this is a perfect example of someone who has zero sense about technology.. how unintelligent can one be in 2021 with the abundance of technology? You are clueless and this is pretty embarrassing that you have zero sense on multitasking.

Are you aware of the fact you do not need to switch back and forth? you can open both apps in two different tabs and have them playing at the same time... my goodness, what are we dealing with here? the audacity , boastfulness and confidence to shout switching back and forth is pretty much shameful
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BigTurkey you too like wahala.

I think you don get Ph.D. for being a Professional Trouble maker.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Trouble maker is an understatement

He immediately assumed that dude isn’t using a TV or phone to watch the game. :blink:
Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:49 pm

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:12 pm Trouble maker is an understatement

He immediately assumed that dude isn’t using a TV or phone to watch the game. :blink:

in 2021 you aren't aware of single mobile devices or TVs that can display multiple contents at the same time? what the heck are we dealing with here
SuperEagles

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

What irony! A person can in one thread accuse people of acting "feminine" for complaining about training conditions, and in another thread complain about how another man chooses to watch football in the privacy of his own home! Which is more "vaginal" I wonder? :???: :rotf: :rotf:
Who will be next?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Dude. Sharrap and go kneel in a quiet corner with your hands in the air. This way the adults in the room can enjoy the game in peace.

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:40 pm
YUJAM wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:12 pm Trouble maker is an understatement

in 2021 you aren't aware of single mobile devices or TVs that can display multiple contents at the same time? what the heck are we dealing with here
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:33 pm
joao wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:05 pm
YUJAM wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:22 pm Seems like ESPN+ is taking away deals that BEIN had, hitting them in the pockets. But I think BEIN still has rights to the ANC.

Anyway, I think ESPN+ is a better option because its platform allows easy access to all the ongoing matches. BEIN does not have the same capabilities.

I watched Senegal vs Togo and for all the talent they have,
they aren't playing up to their potential. They are just a bunch of good players playing together.
I think at some point they'll have to do away with Alioune Cisse if they want to move to the next level
African football is what it is - Great skills and enthusiasm, with 'bone breaking' determination.
If Argentina or Brazil plays Togo, they will not have an easy task till they can score and then start
passing the ball around to waste time. I always wonder how most of us view the African qualifiers.
Seems like we presume some 'knighted' teams can just show up and win with ease, and if they don't
then the team and coaches are determined useless.

Let's just realized that most teams can play the game, and few go into a match feeling overwhelmed.
Spot on.
This is 2021 and countries are not sleeping.
Even in Europe, the traditional powerhouses are slowly ceding ground to ‘smaller’ nations like Belgium, Denmark and Croatia.
Argentina and Brazil are not the all-conquering powerhouses they once were.
It is what it is. :idea:
Many countries in Africa now have professionals in Europe. No matter their division, they still possess that natural physicality, skill and flair. Playing professionally adds technicality and the right mental disposition. Also, playing against the so-called big players regularly eliminates the intimidation factor. Coming back to play in Africa is always a challenge because the equally talented players come with vigor and determination. Playing on some dodgy surfaces isn't exactly exciting either.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Cameroon is really ready to host this AFCON o! That pitch looks immaculate!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
Who will be next?
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Those bugs flying around are distracting tho.....there are tons of them
bushboy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:03 pm Cameroon is really ready to host this AFCON o! That pitch looks immaculate!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.