Super Eagles Camp updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Eagles Camp updates

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:14 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:43 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:46 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:42 pm Even pre Covid, SE struggled to get full capacity attendance at games.

Back to the style of play. The Italians showed us that you don't have to play Rohr boring style of football to win games. Even the English are now playing attrative football. But Nigeria is regressing back to archaic boring football.
When was this? As far as I recall, I always saw full house whether in Uyo or wherever else SE had played precovid.
Ohenhen changes his story every time he wets his pants.
Lol can’t believe his comments were based on Abuja, like where has he been the last decade?
He sits inside his own head. Can’t think of any other reason why he is forever so far removed from reality.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Too long of a speech.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:56 pm Too long of a speech.
No offense, but you are an !diot.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Wondering which other country does this???? Subject it’s football players to a very long speech at 2am in the morning There is a time and a place and i don’t it was the appropriate time. If at all they need say something it should short and to the point.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

The worst thing you can do for a big man in Nigeria is ask them to make a speech. I am yet to have a short one, not in the village and not on the international stage. We love our spotlight. It seems he meant well but 2AM!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:52 pm Wondering which other country does this???? Subject it’s football players to a very long speech at 2am in the morning There is a time and a place and i don’t it was the appropriate time. If at all they need say something it should short and to the point.
The man is reportedly paying 500 million Naira a year and supplying his plane to transport the team to to away games. I say he has earned the right to give any length of speech he dang well pleases.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kalu and Ebuehi reportedly out to Covid.

Owngoal.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:50 pm Kalu and Ebuehi reportedly out to Covid.

Owngoal.
Chidera can play the No 10 role, who replaces Ebuehi now?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why was Aina excused? He is based in Italy
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kawawa wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:02 pm The worst thing you can do for a big man in Nigeria is ask them to make a speech. I am yet to have a short one, not in the village and not on the international stage. We love our spotlight. It seems he meant well but 2AM!

be careful they will call you an angel* for questioning the lenght of the speech.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

After a while the players wiil stop listening if the speech is too long. I am not saying he hasn't earned the right to talk to the players. Even if he didn't sponsor them, any one with advise should be able to talk the players. Just saying a short more direct speech would have been better.

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

bushboy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:21 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:52 pm Wondering which other country does this???? Subject it’s football players to a very long speech at 2am in the morning There is a time and a place and i don’t it was the appropriate time. If at all they need say something it should short and to the point.
The man is reportedly paying 500 million Naira a year and supplying his plane to transport the team to to away games. I say he has earned the right to give any length of speech he dang well pleases.
We have to agreed to disagree on this one.

The players would have been tired from all the training then travel at 2am the last thing they would have wanted is to endure a long unstructured speech. I hope is doesn’t affect their performance tomorrow.

Nigerians (Ibo’s)like to inflict unnecessary pain whenever they perform favors
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:10 pm After a while the players wiil stop listening if the speech is too long. I am not saying he hasn't earned the right to talk to the players. Even if he didn't sponsor them, any one with advise should be able to talk the players. Just saying a short more direct speech would have been better.
how was that speech too long ?

Is this what you were complaining about, I was expecting this thing to last a long time, it was literally 5 minutes.

you guys.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

We have to agree to disagree on this one.

The players would have been tired from all the training then travel at 2am the last thing they would have wanted is to endure a long unstructured speech. I hope is doesn’t affect their performance tomorrow.

Nigerians (Ibo’s) :bump: :bump: :bump: like to inflict unnecessary pain whenever they perform favors
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:20 pm

Nigerians (Ibo’s) :bump: :bump: :bump: like to inflict unnecessary pain whenever they perform favors
Don't even go that tribalistic line.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:20 pm

That tribalistic trope is a very sad and frankly idiotic take.
Last edited by Cito on Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

It seem we are running out of things to complain about. :D :D :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

NFF confirm Aina is out of WCQ vs Cape Verde; Musa on 97 caps in the eyes of FIFA
Published: September 06, 2021

Through a press release, Nigeria Football Federation have confirmed that Chelsea academy product Ola Aina will not be available for selection when the Super Eagles face off with Cape Verde in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday, September 7, just as allnigeriasoccer.com exclusively reported two days ago.

Apart from the Torino defender, seven United Kingdom-based players have returned to their respective clubs, including Glasgow Rangers duo Joe Aribo and Leon Balogun, Leicester City's Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho, Everton winger Alex Iwobi and Watford's William Troost-Ekong and Oghenekaro Etebo.

Tyronne Ebuehi, Innocent Bonke, Chidozie Awaziem and Kenneth Omeruo are among the players in contention to make their first appearances in the World Cup qualifiers against Cape Verde.

Bearing it in mind that a friendly against Togo back in June 2017 wasn't recognized by FIFA because manager Gernot Rohr utilized nine substitutes, three more than the limit permitted by the football's world governing body, former Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa could earn his 98th cap tomorrow.

In the eyes of FIFA, Musa is currently on 97 caps as the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Algeria, in which Musa featured, wasn't recognized by the Zurich based organization because Nigeria fielded an ineligible player Abdullahi Shehu.

The match was declared to be forfeited and awarded 3-0 in favour of Algeria, with the NFF also receiving a fine of CHF 6 000.

A win against the Blue Sharks will brighten the path of the three –time African champions to the knockout final round, given that home-and-away fixture against the Central African Republic is what is on the plate in October.

21 Super Eagles in Cape Verde

Goalkeepers (3): Francis Uzoho (APOEL Nicosia, Cyprus); Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Maduka Okoye (Sparta Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

Defenders (7): Chidozie Awaziem (FC Boavista, Portugal); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany); Abdullahi Shehu (AC Omonia, Cyprus); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Valentine Ozornwafor (Sporting Charleroi, Belgium); Tyronne Ebuehi (Venezia FC, Italy)

Midfielders (4): Chidera Ejuke (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Innocent Bonke (Malmo FF, Sweden); Kingsley Michael (Bologna FC, Italy); Adekunele Adeleke (Abia Warriors)

Forwards (7): Ahmed Musa (Fatih Karagumruk, Turkey); Samuel Kalu (FC Bordeaux, France); Victor Osimhen (Napoli FC, Italy); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Paul Onuachu (KRC Genk, Belgium); Terem Moffi (FC Lorient, France); Henry Onyekuru (Olympiacos FC, Greece)

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=41009
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

FIfA created friendlies for this reason. Friendlies are mean't to test players and build depth. There is no excuse. Every FIfA window I complain why is he not testing new players. The number of new players getting their first caps is low. They say he needs to build chemistry. Friendlies are mean't to test new players and build depth. Friendlies are not mean't to build chemistry. Now whala dey. The coach is scrambling to find reinforcements. He is now forced to give Hencry Michael and co their international debut in a world cup qualifier. Nigeria football is so disorganized. Hopefully they will learn that Friendlies are mean't to test new players and build depth after many years I have been saying so on CE. After saying that there is still plenty of talent in camp to atleast get a draw against Cape Verde. Can also call up the home based players that took part in the Mexico Friendly.The creative midfielder Iwuala that plays for Enyimba and the defender Adeleke can be drafted in. Can also callup the DM that played in the game. Plenty of options. Thee will be no excuses.

Can go with this lineup
Okoye, Ebuehi, Omeruo, Awaziem, Sanusi, Michael, Benke, Iwuala, Kalu, Osimhen, Onyekuru

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wow according to owngoal. Kalu and Ebuehi tested positive for Covid. They are out.

We need to change the way we conduct Friendlies. At least 5 new players should get international debuts every friendly. Also make sure the homebased are camped once a month.

Some body better tell Rohr, there will be no excuses.Why didn't he build depth?

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:10 pm
We have to agreed to disagree on this one.

Nigerians (Ibo’s)like to inflict unnecessary pain whenever they perform favors
We’ve gone from just opinions on speech to racist/tribalistic none sense
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr will probably go with this lineup. Back 3 with Ebuehi now out.

Okoye, Awaziem, Omeruo, Adeleke, collins, Sanusi, Shehu, Benke, Michael, Onyekuru, Osimhen

3-5-2, Collins and Sanusi as wingbacks. Defensiive lineup to get the draw.