BREAKING!!! Coach Butler Detained For Hours In Lagos

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MonroviaBoy
Egg
Egg
BREAKING!!! Coach Butler Detained For Hours In Lagos

Post by MonroviaBoy »

Liberia Sports Online
BREAKING!!!
Coach Butler Detained For Hours In Lagos
... Passport Confiscated
Credible reports gathered late Wednesday evening say, Liberia National Team Head Coach, Peter Butler, was detained for hours by immigration authorities at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) located in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.
According to sources who spoke on anonymity, the arrogant English Coach was held for complications in his traveling documents. Butler was prevented from entering the host country upon arrival with the Liberian delegation ahead of LIBERIA's crucial Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers with the Super Eagles of Nigeria slated for Friday, September 3, 2021.
Information regarding Butler's detention was carefully managed by ranking members of the team's delegation.
It has also been confirmed that the situation was drawn from skepticism over his passport, with some alleging that he was allegedly traveling with faulty documents.
Though he was later released to the Liberian delegation following the intervention of ranking members on the trip, Butler passport remained in the custody of the Airport Authority.
Initially, Nigerian Airport Authority demonstrated lack of corporation to allow Butler entry into Nigeria once the necessary paperwork is not properly handled.
At the moment, Butler passport is being confiscated by the Nigerian Airport Authority, but the Englishman has expressed shock over the situation.
Coach Butler: "I don't know why my passport was confiscated. I disappointed but it's something I cannot control."
If formalities are not work out sooner to retrieve Butler's passport, it means the Lone Star head Coach will not be allowed to travel with the team to Cameroon, where Liberia will host Central Africa Republic (CAR).
The Coach's situation comes barely a week after CAF sanctioned LIBERIA's Samuel K. Doe stadium imposing Cameroon as LIBERIA's home venue.
Meanwhile, Butler held a light training session with the team late this evening, but his morphology depicted a nosedive in the motivation every Liberian expect.
Source: Webster Cassell /Contributing Journalist
Last edited by MonroviaBoy on Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonroviaBoy
Egg
Egg
Re: BREAKING!!! Coach Butler Detained For Hours In Lagos

Post by MonroviaBoy »

Bush League African football Bullshit !...Yes I am back !!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

MonroviaBoy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:13 am Bush League African football Bullshit !...Yes I am back !!!!!!
They released you from prison just in time for the game? Hopefully you will go back where you came from after the game? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Is Nigeria aware that they still have to go to Liberia? They too might start finding faults where they exist or not.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
MonroviaBoy
Egg
Egg

Post by MonroviaBoy »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:41 am
MonroviaBoy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:13 am Bush League African football Bullshit !...Yes I am back !!!!!!
They released you from prison just in time for the game? Hopefully you will go back where you came from after the game? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was let out of Prison because my 2 favorite African sides are playing against each other....Kanu made me a Super Eagle fan and I am a Liberian by Birth....The Green grass will scatter....BTW..with this stacked Eagles side..why do they need these bush-league antics?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

No they do not, per the first post on this thread.
"...The Coach's situation comes barely a week after CAF sanctioned LIBERIA's Samuel K. Doe stadium imposing Cameroon as LIBERIA's home venue..."
Ipe Grams wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:46 am Is Nigeria aware that they still have to go to Liberia? They too might start finding faults where they exist or not.
MonroviaBoy
Egg
Egg

Post by MonroviaBoy »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:07 pm No they do not, per the first post on this thread.
"...The Coach's situation comes barely a week after CAF sanctioned LIBERIA's Samuel K. Doe stadium imposing Cameroon as LIBERIA's home venue..."
Ipe Grams wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:46 am Is Nigeria aware that they still have to go to Liberia? They too might start finding faults where they exist or not.
That is for the first Leg...We hope to get SKD qualified for the 2nd leg
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Welcome back.

But tell your coach to apply for visa like others... he is not an ECOWAS citizen. And even the process for Visa on Arrival starts before you get to Naijaria.

Anyway, good luck with the game. You guys should collect at least 5 goals... maybe we will let una score 1. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Bear in mind, that is in 60 days - return leg is in November. Might be a stretch.
MonroviaBoy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:07 pm No they do not, per the first post on this thread.
That is for the first Leg...We hope to get SKD qualified for the 2nd leg
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well Liberia’s home games won’t be in Liberia so that’s not a problem.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:22 pm
Why not?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Guv007 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:10 pm
Why not?
If Nigeria where to go to Monrovia then Liberia’s customs officers or airport officials could pay Nigeria back favour but that won’t be the case if Liberia have play their home games in a neutral venue.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Why not?
If Nigeria where to go to Monrovia then Liberia’s customs officers or airport officials could pay Nigeria back favour but that won’t be the case if Liberia have play their home games in a neutral venue.
...his question was "why not", instead you gave a long winded response. Here is a proper response given earlier;

Otitokoro wrote: ↑Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 am
"...The Coach's situation comes barely a week after CAF sanctioned LIBERIA's Samuel K. Doe stadium imposing Cameroon as LIBERIA's home venue.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:50 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Why not?
...his question was "why not", instead you gave a long winded response. Here is a proper response given earlier;

Otitokoro wrote: ↑Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 am
"...The Coach's situation comes barely a week after CAF sanctioned LIBERIA's Samuel K. Doe stadium imposing Cameroon as LIBERIA's home venue.
He obviously didn't read that,I already knew there was a list teams that are not permitted to use their home stadiums and wether you or him like my response the fact still remains!