Enyimba agree deal with Finidi George.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi George linked with Enyimba??

Post by Purity »

Enyimba FC manager FATAI OSHO is likely to leave his role as Head coach of the club in the coming days. T

A number of high profile names have already been shortlisted as potential candidates for the job, notable amongst them are ABDUL MAIKABA, FINIDI GEORGE, USMAN ABDALLAH & IMAMA AMAPAKABA.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finidi George linked with Enyimba??

Post by Damunk »

Finidi please.
He needs to ‘get his hands dirty’ with real coaching experience and credentials.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I hope Chief Anyasi has the guts to appoint Finidi George..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's so sad to see the likes if Finidi unemployed as a coach in Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am one Finidi's biggest fans, but where was he employed as a coach before that makes it sad for him to be unemployed as a coach in Nigeria? He was an u15 coach in Spain. That does not warrant that he is given a head coaching job in Nigeria.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:29 am It's so sad to see the likes if Finidi unemployed as a coach in Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:55 am I am one Finidi's biggest fans, but where was he employed as a coach before that makes it sad for him to be unemployed as a coach in Nigeria? He was an u15 coach in Spain. That does not warrant that he is given a head coaching job in Nigeria.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:29 am It's so sad to see the likes if Finidi unemployed as a coach in Nigeria.
1naija,

I get your point but as an ex-international, with a coaching certificate, he should be able to get a position of a top assistant with either the youth national team or an NPFL team. That is not asking for much. What exactly is Yobo's pedigree that led to him getting the top assistant position of Super Eagles?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Esperance of Tunis just appointed Jaidi. Not sure Jiadi is not qualified than Finidi.. Findi also played in NPFL with Rovers and Sharsk before heading to Ajax..
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:55 am I am one Finidi's biggest fans, but where was he employed as a coach before that makes it sad for him to be unemployed as a coach in Nigeria? He was an u15 coach in Spain. That does not warrant that he is given a head coaching job in Nigeria.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Purity wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:15 pm Esperance of Tunis just appointed Jaidi. Not sure Jiadi is not qualified than Finidi.. Findi also played in NPFL with Rovers and Sharsk before heading to Ajax..
Jaidi was a coach ( assistant ) in Europe for Cercle Brugge

Teams managed
2017–2019 Southampton U-23
2019–2020 Hartford Athletic
2021 Cercle Brugge (assistant)
2021– Espérance de Tunis
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Finidi George has his Uefa A Licence which is one level below the highest qualification, the Pro Licence.

His previous coaching roles include director of international football at former club Real Betis and managed the youth team of his erstwhile Spanish side Real Mallorca in 2013.

In NPFL:

At club level George played in Nigeria for Calabar Rovers and Iwuanyanwu Nationale before shining at Sharks of Port Harcourt and earning a moving to Ajax in the Netherlands in 1993.

Not as experienced as Jaidi in terms of coaching experience, but Findi wants to make his name as coach in Nigeria.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I am hearing Enyimba is heading towards Imama also.. Imama won the league with Rangers in 2016 season.. He is currently with Abia Warriors..
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Purity wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:29 pm I am hearing Enyimba is heading towards Imama also.. Imama won the league with Rangers in 2016 season.. He is currently with Abia Warriors..
But Imama has repeatedly screwed up ever since then.
He has been given opportunities which he failed to build upon.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 pm
Purity wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:29 pm I am hearing Enyimba is heading towards Imama also.. Imama won the league with Rangers in 2016 season.. He is currently with Abia Warriors..
But Imama has repeatedly screwed up ever since then.
He has been given opportunities which he failed to build upon.
Damunk,

For mew, I think the jury is still out on Imama, TBH. It is quite difficult to definitely make out what he is as a coach. He has failed several times at the NT level when he was handed the reins. I feel, presently, that he is a good coach given comments from guys who have worked under him, his long term results, and his philosophy. I make this statement because he has been reasonably successful at the club level whenever he has had to time to implement his vision of how the game should be played. If I recall correctly, at Rangers, he did not win in his first season. At Abia (?), he had awful results to start off before his team settled down inspire of financial issues. Comments on his teams indicate that they play outstanding football and they do score usually above the average based on his philosophy that it is best to have the opponent chase your goal score than to simply sit back. That has served him well at the local level where most teams setback to their own detriment when playing away from home. Unfortunately, that time that he has at the club level is not available at the NT level. That is my read of him, currently. I will not be surprised that Enyimba will see him out, He has a good track record at the club level and his philosophy may just be what a Nigerian club needs going into the continent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Enyimba agree deal with Finidi George.

Post by Purity »

Former Nigerian international Finidi George will be Enyimba's new coach for the new season.

Detiails later.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyimba agree deal with Finidi George.

Post by aruako1 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Great! :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Fantastic news. :thumb:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Really happy for Finidi. Hope he succeeds at Enyimba. Not every great ex-player makes a good coach, but hope Finidi makes the transition successfully.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

olu wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:53 pm Really happy for Finidi. Hope he succeeds at Enyimba. Not every great ex-player makes a good coach, but hope Finidi makes the transition successfully.
Same prayers.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This is very good news. Hopefully he delivers. We need him to succeed.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Finidi always came across as professional in his approach. I'm not worried about him. He'll do well.

Wha choo looking at?!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Former Dakkada Fc Technical Adviser Coach Caleb Esu to assist Finidi George at Enyimba Fc