Keshi defeated Liberia by 6 goals to 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Keshi defeated Liberia by 6 goals to 1

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:39 am Here we go again with this dumb Keshi comparison, this is 2021 not 2016 for goodness sake... teams improve and football just like every other sport in the same context is replete with its dynamics... so because you beat Liberia 6-1 way back in 2016 now means we are expected to keep thrashing them by that scoreline? that's a pretty dumb, juvenile and entitled logic.

And while at it, can we allow Keshi rest in peace already? support the team and stop all this petulant whinings, not even a fan of Rohr in the least much more his rigid football philosophy, but he will soon go... your national team will always be here.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Preach bro! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:08 am
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am
Adisboy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 am
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:37 am
Adisboy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:41 am
Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:46 pm
Adisboy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Abeg no vex bro. Na Bigpokey and he's selective reasoning i dey talk.
I can't believe grownazz men are trying to denigrate the achievements of the Big Boss.

You all must be Arsenal fans or somn. :veryangry: :curse:
Una sabi yarn opaks! No body is trying to denigrate Keshi's achievements as he clearly overachieved with the bunch of players he selected. Most of us, including Vancity believe he was a great coach, just that he made head scratching selection of players. I believe he would have done even more if he selected the right players. I can confidently say that he's AFCON 2013 team bar Odemwingie had better players than the World Cup team. For the World Cup dropping the Uche brothers, Chinedu Obasi etc for players like Ruben, Uchebo, etc, that had no business at the world cup made no sense, but still with the lack of quality he still made the 2nd round. Just imagine if he went with better quality, how far he could have gone. This was clearly evident in the match against France after Onazi's injury. Also the other argument is the denigration of the current coach, who by all accounts is doing very well considering our state when he took over. Rohr, may not have won the AFCON yet but you can clearly see that he has built a foundation that will make us compete at the top in Africa for the next decade, while most of Keshi's team just faded in oblivion almost immediately after the world cup in 2014. From Keshi's antecedents, less than 50% of our current players would have been invited to camp, the rest would have been homebased and Hey yous.
So Keshi won the ANC and qualify for the WC 2nd round with local players and hey yous. It should be easy for Rohr to win the ANC and WC SF with better players don't you think?
You're comprehension get as e be if the highlighted is the only thing you culled from my write up. The football situation of 2013 is not the same as football now. The teams have changed. You cannot correlate it. Football no be maths. The main thing is Keshi was a VERY GOOD COACH! ONE OF OUR VERY BEST! What people had a issue with is his selection process. I am convinced he would had done more at the World Cup with a better selection. The backdrop of that process is the subsequent rapid decline after the World Cup as the team couldn't sustain the required level of quality due to the amount of hey yous involved.
Thank you.

A good coach with Hey yous was able to win the ANC and qualify for 2nd round of WC

What should be the expectation for an excellent coach who is not selecting hey yous but better players? Just asking for my co worker. Thanks
False argument.
He is not denigrating Keshi but you are insistent on denigrating Rohr.
Stick to the core issue and stop this 'football-is-mathematics' logic.

We all respect Keshi for what he achieved but we all also know there was a lot to be desired which most of you were crying out about at the time.
The threads are there and I am sure you had your own say.

Our culture dictates that we don't speak ill of the dead but you can't now try and guilt-trip those who refuse to forget the shenanigans.
You can highlight where I have denigrated Rohr?

When you say WE ALL RESPECT Keshi? Is that a FACT? Who are the WE?

When you finish, you can kindly just state the MINIMUM expectation that is required from Rohr? What are the performance measures that should be used to measure his performance on the job.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Baba, it is not me saying that oh. It is Bigpokey. Do not give me a name my parents didn't give me. I am a supporter of the SE 100% regardless of who the coach is or who the players are.
I can't believe grownazz men are trying to denigrate the achievements of the Big Boss.

Una sabi yarn opaks! No body is trying to denigrate Keshi's achievements as he clearly overachieved with the bunch of players he selected. Most of us, including Vancity believe he was a great coach, just that he made head scratching selection of players. I believe he would have done even more if he selected the right players. I can confidently say that he's AFCON 2013 team bar Odemwingie had better players than the World Cup team. For the World Cup dropping the Uche brothers, Chinedu Obasi etc for players like Ruben, Uchebo, etc, that had no business at the world cup made no sense, but still with the lack of quality he still made the 2nd round. Just imagine if he went with better quality, how far he could have gone. This was clearly evident in the match against France after Onazi's injury. Also the other argument is the denigration of the current coach, who by all accounts is doing very well considering our state when he took over. Rohr, may not have won the AFCON yet but you can clearly see that he has built a foundation that will make us compete at the top in Africa for the next decade, while most of Keshi's team just faded in oblivion almost immediately after the world cup in 2014. From Keshi's antecedents, less than 50% of our current players would have been invited to camp, the rest would have been homebased and Hey yous.
So Keshi won the ANC and qualify for the WC 2nd round with local players and hey yous. It should be easy for Rohr to win the ANC and WC SF with better players don't you think?
You're comprehension get as e be if the highlighted is the only thing you culled from my write up. The football situation of 2013 is not the same as football now. The teams have changed. You cannot correlate it. Football no be maths. The main thing is Keshi was a VERY GOOD COACH! ONE OF OUR VERY BEST! What people had a issue with is his selection process. I am convinced he would had done more at the World Cup with a better selection. The backdrop of that process is the subsequent rapid decline after the World Cup as the team couldn't sustain the required level of quality due to the amount of hey yous involved.
Thank you.

A good coach with Hey yous was able to win the ANC and qualify for 2nd round of WC

What should be the expectation for an excellent coach who is not selecting hey yous but better players? Just asking for my co worker. Thanks
The funny thing about these people now saying Keshi did this, did that did not even believe in him when he was the coach. Prior to the Nations Cup after the draw with Cape Verde people were calling for his head. Till the quarter final against Ivory Coast a lot here were complaining on how he's not a coach, this & that so much so that the FA had his sack letter ready as they expected him to fall against Ivory Coast. Fast forward 2021, same narrative different coach. A lot of people are now saying Rohr's team cannot win the AFCON next year (in fact it was worse in 2013 as at least some people think we can win in 2022) but nobody, not one soul gave Keshi a chance. Now everyone is talking as if they had hope in that team prior to that tournament. Nigerians never learn that it is never a simple as that. There's no linear measurement to a team success in a tournament. There's also that element of fortune that has to go the team's way. We just have to support the team. The comparisons are due to constant claim the Rohr is failing, when there's absolutely no evidence of this. People talk of friendly matches, but Nigeria has never had a great record in friendlies no matter the coach. We are a tournament team.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Adisboy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:29 am

The funny thing about these people now saying Keshi did this, did that did not even believe in him when he was the coach. Prior to the Nations Cup after the draw with Cape Verde people were calling for his head. Till the quarter final against Ivory Coast a lot here were complaining on how he's not a coach, this & that so much so that the FA had his sack letter ready as they expected him to fall against Ivory Coast. Fast forward 2021, same narrative different coach. A lot of people are now saying Rohr's team cannot win the AFCON next year (in fact it was worse in 2013 as at least some people think we can win in 2022) but nobody, not one soul gave Keshi a chance. Now everyone is talking as if they had hope in that team prior to that tournament. Nigerians never learn that it is never a simple as that. There's no linear measurement to a team success in a tournament. There's also that element of fortune that has to go the team's way. We just have to support the team. The comparisons are due to constant claim the Rohr is failing, when there's absolutely no evidence of this. People talk of friendly matches, but Nigeria has never had a great record in friendlies no matter the coach. We are a tournament team.
Thanks for your measured response.

My question again is what will be definition of SUCCESS for Rohr? What will be definition of failure? What's the expectation?

That can now be used to evaluate Rohr's performance.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:18 am
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am Thank you.

False argument.

We all respect Keshi for what he achieved but we all also know there was a lot to be desired which most of you were crying out about at the time.

Our culture dictates that we don't speak ill of the dead but you can't now try and guilt-trip those who refuse to forget the shenanigans.

When you finish, you can kindly just state the MINIMUM expectation that is required from Rohr? What are the performance measures that should be used to measure his performance on the job.
Rohr has been given his performance criteria by the NFF in his original and renewed contracts and he has met them and is still on course to meet them. the NFF on their part have not met theirs. But he continues to work, just like Keshi did.
I thought that was obvious. No?

You can't make a case against Rohr by constructing a straw man by saying people are 'denigrating Keshi'.
Like how?
Like saying he didn't win AFCON?
Or saying he didn't get to R2 of the WC?

Like I said, Keshi has a deeper and wider story and some people don't want to go there, or Nigerian football to go through all that ever again.
Some on the other hand are happy to forget everything, pretend it never happened and focus solely on the AFCON gold.
Its their prerogative and both POVs are legit.

''''the expectation for an excellent coach..."
They say "sarcasm is like cheap wine: it leaves a bad after taste."
You are a bright man. You are not gonna be caught opening your mouth gboa-gboa. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Thank you.

Thank you 'jare.
Everybody is now 'claiming'.
The abuse of Keshi on this very site was loud, widespread and persistent. Some of us were labelled the 'Keshi Brigade'. :rotf:
Now that the dislike for "The White Man" has superseded all that, they are now claiming to have had Keshi's back all along. :roll:

Make we no open chapter for them. The threads are still there as CE never forgets. :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Here is the thing with damunk, he constantly claims there are threads from folks like wanajo calling for Keshi's sack etc... we all know your likes. VE, king Loki. etc were all out against keshi... you on the other hand really don't care about the SE , you are just concerned about the chopping and changing of coaches

Mind you **** is the first coach to lose a worldcup( we lost 3 zip vs Algeria) qualifiers since Angola in 2004 .... today the fake coach will get exposed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:19 am Here is the thing with damunk, he constantly claims there are threads from folks like wanajo calling for Keshi's sack etc... we all know your likes. VE, king Loki. etc were all out against keshi... you on the other hand really don't care about the SE , you are just concerned about the chopping and changing of coaches

Mind you **** is the first coach to lose a worldcup( we lost 3 zip vs Algeria) qualifiers since Angola in 2004 .... today the fake coach will get exposed
I've seen you. :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:19 am Here is the thing with damunk, he constantly claims there are threads from folks like wanajo calling for Keshi's sack etc... we all know your likes. VE, king Loki. etc were all out against keshi... you on the other hand really don't care about the SE , you are just concerned about the chopping and changing of coaches

So I shouldn't call you out? You are funny . I also saw you trolling and seeking attention in that thread about coaches you bumped. Stop being a faker
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:40 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 am

So I shouldn't call you out? You are funny . I also saw you trolling and seeking attention in that thread about coaches you bumped. Stop being a faker
I said I've seen you!
Ah-ah???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:42 am

False argument.

Rohr has been given his performance criteria by the NFF in his original and renewed contracts and he has met them and is still on course to meet them. the NFF on their part have not met theirs. But he continues to work, just like Keshi did.

You can't make a case against Rohr by constructing a straw man by saying people are 'denigrating Keshi'.
Like how?

Like I said, Keshi has a deeper and wider story and some people don't want to go there, or Nigerian football to go through all that ever again.
Some on the other hand are happy to forget everything, pretend it never happened and focus solely on the AFCON gold.

You are a bright man. You are not gonna be caught opening your mouth gboa-gboa. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Can you share that performance criteria so that I know when it is achieved? Thanks in advance.

Stating that Rohr did not win the AFCON is a statement of FACT. Same way him not getting to R2 of WC is a statement of FACT. You are the one that termed that to be denigrating him. How can listing his achievements be denigrating except you think those achievements are way below the required standard.

You can go ahead and list the 'history' that should be used to measure the performance of a SE coach since that's what I am interested in.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:50 am

Thank you.

Thank you 'jare.
Everybody is now 'claiming'.
The abuse of Keshi on this very site was loud, widespread and persistent. Some of us were labelled the 'Keshi Brigade'. :rotf:
Now that the dislike for "The White Man" has superseded all that, they are now claiming to have had Keshi's back all along. :roll:

Make we no open chapter for them. The threads are still there as CE never forgets. :rotf:
Indeed many people abused Keshi with some wishing him death. Some even supported the opponent against the SE. Some were so SAD that every time they remembered that SE won the ANC with Keshi as coach they get infuriated. No big deal. People are free to decide who they like or support.

I am mainly interested in the performance evaluation of SE coaches. What performance is acceptable and which one is not acceptable? What performance will deserve a sack?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:44 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:42 am

False argument.

Like how?

Can you share that performance criteria so that I know when it is achieved? Thanks in advance.

Stating that Rohr did not win the AFCON is a statement of FACT. Same way him not getting to R2 of WC is a statement of FACT. You are the one that termed that to be denigrating him. How can listing his achievements be denigrating except you think those achievements are way below the required standard.

You can go ahead and list the 'history' that should be used to measure the performance of a SE coach since that's what I am interested in.
If you don't know what his widely publicised criteria have been and continue to be, then I can't help you.
I think you are being too clever by half by pretending not to know and I'm not falling for that ish.
If you really want to know, google is your friend.
If you genuinely DO NOT know, then sorry, it means you have been arguing with a big gap in your knowledge.
But I sincerely doubt that. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As for your "statements of fact" you refer to, you obviously didn't get the irony I was pointing out. But its okay.
You actually think I was suggesting they were NOT statements of fact? Or that I somehow thought Rohr had won AFCON?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abeg, leave matta.