MKO Abiola Stadium Abuja Ready For Use

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
MKO Abiola Stadium Abuja Ready For Use

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MKO Abiola Stadium Abuja Ready For Use

Post by ohenhen1 »

Next match

Invite only tickets. The different ministries will distribute the tickets lol.

This is a 60 K seater stadium. When was the last time Nigeria had full capacity at this stadium in Abuja when the Eagles are playing?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Imagine 300 million dollars to build this eyesore.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:43 am Imagine 300 million dollars to build this eyesore.
The 300 was for the entire complex which includes 4 different other arenas so it’s not just the football stadium
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:43 am Imagine 300 million dollars to build this eyesore.
That wasn't for just the stadium. It included a lot of other infrastructure for sports event. Remember we hosted the All African games
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Uncle Quantity Surveyor, so how much should the ENTIRE Complex have cost?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Celebrity wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:12 pm

Uncle Quantity Surveyor, so how much should the ENTIRE Complex have cost?
Ben Iroha, dem dey ax you say how much e for cost?
Abeg, answer am. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The 300 million dollars was a good investment at the time. The same stadium if they want to build it today will be north of 600 million dollars. The problem like every thing Nigeria government is stupid administration. They built the stadium in the wrong location. That stadium should be in Lagos. And they should have handed it over to a privae organization to manage it. Treat it like a private entity. Tickets sold on the open market. Businesses allowed to spring up around the stadium. But they fail to maintain it. No one goes to the stadium.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:04 pm The 300 million dollars was a good investment at the time. The same stadium if they want to build it today will be north of 600 million dollars. The problem like every thing Nigeria government is stupid administration. They built the stadium in the wrong location. That stadium should be in Lagos. And they should have handed it over to a privae organization to manage it. Treat it like a private entity. Tickets sold on the open market. Businesses allowed to spring up around the stadium. But they fail to maintain it. No one goes to the stadium.
Ohenhen1

I do not see a problem with a worthy stadium being built in a capital city of Nigeria with rapidly growing population. Plans involve estimating the future, thinking ahead. You should not be limited to the present or else you will soon become obsolete -- that is why things are planned for the future.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:04 pm The 300 million dollars was a good investment at the time. The same stadium if they want to build it today will be north of 600 million dollars. The problem like every thing Nigeria government is stupid administration. They built the stadium in the wrong location. That stadium should be in Lagos. And they should have handed it over to a privae organization to manage it. Treat it like a private entity. Tickets sold on the open market. Businesses allowed to spring up around the stadium. But they fail to maintain it. No one goes to the stadium.
Ohenhen1

I do not see a problem with a worthy stadium being built in a capital city of Nigeria with rapidly growing population. Plans involve estimating the future, thinking ahead. You should not be limited to the present or else you will soon become obsolete -- that is why things are planned for the future.
I think the problem is I look at everything from the private sector point of view. I am not a politician or government official. How do we make money from the stadium or generate the most money from the investment?

My solutino is let the private sector manage everything to do with the stadium. Build the stadium in a population center of over 20 million people not 900K. Build good surrounding transportation infrastructure.

Government need to learn from the success of NLNG. That is the future model for government.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:40 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 pm
Ohenhen1

I think the problem is I look at everything from the private sector point of view. I am not a politician or government official. How do we make money from the stadium or generate the most money from the investment?

My solutino is let the private sector manage everything to do with the stadium. Build the stadium in a population center of over 20 million people not 900K. Build good surrounding transportation infrastructure.

Government need to learn from the success of NLNG. That is the future model for government.
I respect that view and it does make sense but only if the stadium was built with private funds and set tip as a money making venture. However, that isn't the case here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Public funds should also make money. the money will be used to maintain the facility.

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I read somewhere the pitch wouldn't be ready for use until around February - March next year. Something to do with the kind of grass used. The photo you're viewing appears to be photoshopped. I've see a few Naija newspapers parading the same photo. Which make it even more suspicious. The real state of the pitch is nowhere as lush as the photo portrays.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!