Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 FT

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:34 pm Huge win for Nigeria. I think passage to the final round of ten looks quite assured
Shhhhh!!!! Don’t say that.
The huge win is not important for some because CV ‘gave’ us two goals.
FIFA must hear of this unfair victory and look into it…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2

Post by txj »

fabio wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:52 pm Last 10 minutes remind me of NIG vs ARG (WC) and NIG vs ALG (ANC Semi - Final). Inviting pressure, upon pressure!

Nothing wrong with that as long as you use it successfully to play on the counter.

In this game, it was a sound tactic, even if it comes with butterflies...

My problem is that we did not try to initiate counters from passing and movement but repeatedly opted for the long balls to Victor to catch them out...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Congrats to the team. :clap: :clap:

This was a very good (and fortunate) result considering the circumstances. I think we would have been happy to take a draw with the depleted team.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm Did we not win this game? Away with at least 10 first team members missing? Rejoice guys.
vs a team wey no get stadium? did we score any goal ? or we should be grateful that pathetic pitch helped the SE? let us be honest we had zero tactics .. this was just due to the fact that football is the most popular sport in Nigeria, are you aware CAPE Verde do not even have a real football league.. you are dancing all over the place after using luck to defeat a minnow... CIV defeated Cameroon is a real match..our competitions are Cape Verde, CAR and Liberia ...make we hear word... we have the cheapest group in the entire continent
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Great result, considering the circumstances.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Enyi wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:20 pm what Jack Daniels are you guys drinking.....

do u want me to post mistakes made by England and Italy's number ones.....

This is the best keeper last year in the dutch league straight from nowhere and now Uzoho that barely signed for a club in CYPRUS!! :curse: !! IS BETTER THAN HIM.....what is wrong on this forum....
The thing is mind boggling :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no one is blaming a defender like Omerou who has been in SE since time immemorial stinking up the defence o ..how you want the youngen to "command" him tire me. Someone was actually comparing this chap to Vince ? Jesu Vince kwa ?

We are an "indomie " set of fans. second team playing away to cape verde o ...hmmm
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:41 pm
kawawa wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm Did we not win this game? Away with at least 10 first team members missing? Rejoice guys.
vs a team wey no get stadium? did we score any goal ? or we should be grateful that pathetic pitch helped the SE? let us be honest we had zero tactics .. this was just due to the fact that football is the most popular sport in Nigeria, are you aware CAPE Verde do not even have a real football league.. you are dancing all over the place after using luck to defeat a minnow... CIV defeated Cameroon is a real match..our competitions are Cape Verde, CAR and Liberia ...make we hear word... we have the cheapest group in the entire continent
I remember we struggled against this same CV team in a friendly match when Keshi was coach, we were thoroughly outclassed despite having the likes of Emenike, Mikel, Onazi etc bros abeg I know Rohr is crap, but abeg learn to keep things in perspective... we were without more than half of our full team and yet more or less should have comfortably beaten Cape Verde on the balance of play. The same CV has caused major upsets against the likes of CIV, Cameroon, and other decent African sides not too long ago.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:28 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:20 pm what Jack Daniels are you guys drinking.....

This is the best keeper last year in the dutch league straight from nowhere and now Uzoho that barely signed for a club in CYPRUS!! :curse: !! IS BETTER THAN HIM.....what is wrong on this forum....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I normally wouldn't especially as these young men, are stepping out for the National team, but you cannot be all confident over BS.

Uzoho did not lose the starting shirt. He got injured. Okoye has not earned it. He has been very shaky. We coughed up a 4 goal lead with him. One is almost tempted to join Coach Amodu and ask Okoye to join Oruma on the moon all star team.

As for making the Dutch Eredividise team of the season, I didn't find it on any other site outside of Nigerian sites like this one https://soccernet.ng/2021/05/super-eagl ... eason.html.

Other sites do not list him, and he did not even make any team of the month for the league. He was joint second in clean sheets though.

So, please watch the SE games (your conclusion doesn't suggest you've been doing that) and please make sure you post those Pickford mistakes on the right forum.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

See logic. We play whoever is in front of us. We did not ask for this draw. Last time we had Algeria, Cam, Zambia and of course you forgot. They may not have a stadium, they may not have a league but they have a pedigree of outstanding footballers. If memory serves me well in the not so distant past an away draw in Africa for the SE was a great result. Blind as I am, Vic scored a goal. SE’s B team beat the first team of another country in a WC qual. I am ecstatic :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:48 pm
I remember we struggled against this same CV team in a friendly match when Keshi was coach, we were thoroughly outclassed despite having the likes of Emenike, Mikel, Onazi etc bros abeg I know Rohr is crap, but abeg learn to keep things in perspective... we were without more than half of our full team and yet more or less should have comfortably beaten Cape Verde on the balance of play. The same CV has caused major upsets against the likes of CIV, Cameroon, and other decent African sides not too long ago.
a friendly Tobi...that Cape Verde was a team of Portugues they made AFCON q-finals and defeated / drew ghana or so . They almost made the worldcup but had used a banned player so they had to lose by 3-0 . this current one aren't footballers, did you see how unfit they looked? their number 9 is a sumo wrestler .. let us be honest we were trash playing against fishermen, college students , TSA agents, police officers and dog walkers.. we used professional and players who have played at two world cups.. the sad thing is we struggled vs a Minnow
SuperEagles

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 pm

The thing is mind boggling :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no one is blaming a defender like Omerou who has been in SE since time immemorial stinking up the defence o ..how you want the youngen to "command" him tire me. Someone was actually comparing this chap to Vince ? Jesu Vince kwa ?

We are an "indomie " set of fans. second team playing away to cape verde o ...hmmm
Knowleagble minds here gave up on Omeruo a long time ago. He pretty much cost Keshi his job.

And yes, the Uzoho that stepped out for DLC in the season before the World Cup deserved to start for the SE in Russia. The debate was if the Vince of that time should come into the team for competition and to help the young man.

You better know your onions, and actually watch the players in each season before making insinuations all over the place.

There is a lot that could have needlessly gone wrong today. Musa, Shehu, Okoye, Omeruo. We pretty much profited from two defensive errors.

Why does Senegal have their EPL and Serie A players for starters. No room for needless errors in WCQs

Little wonder things keep getting worse and (almost) everyone just folds their hands with the 'Que sera sera' resignation.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:39 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:34 pm Huge win for Nigeria. I think passage to the final round of ten looks quite assured
The positive outcome is desirable and should be celebrated, but does not excuse the process in this case.

You may want to ponder on that.

Why make it needlessly stressful and based on a lucky bounce here or there.

The result is huge. WCQs are tough, and we have a good group. The team we faced was not the banana peel today, it was US. The bench and the Administration.
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

truetalk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:03 pm
Outcome vs Process.

You may want to ponder on that.

Why make it needlessly stressful and based on a lucky bounce here or there.

The result is huge. WCQs are tough, and we have a good group. The team we faced was not the banana peel today, it was US. The bench and the Administration.
leave them, they are celebrating trash opponents.. shebi the 3rd round they come soon..
SuperEagles

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

In fact, FIFA must look into how Nigeria led on the stats sheet (more ball possession, more shots on goal and more corner kicks).
FIFA also needs to critically look into how the ref allowed Nigeria to pretty much dominated the match, considering this was Nigeria's B team.
FIFA needs to open an investigation into this match. Definitely...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:51 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:28 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I normally wouldn't especially as these young men, are stepping out for the National team, but you cannot be all confident over BS.

Uzoho did not lose the starting shirt. He got injured. Okoye has not earned it. He has been very shaky. We coughed up a 4 goal lead with him. One is almost tempted to join Coach Amodu and ask Okoye to join Oruma on the moon all star team.

As for making the Dutch Eredividise team of the season, I didn't find it on any other site outside of Nigerian sites like this one https://soccernet.ng/2021/05/super-eagl ... eason.html.

Other sites do not list him, and he did not even make any team of the month for the league. He was joint second in clean sheets though.

So, please watch the SE games (your conclusion doesn't suggest you've been doing that) and abeg, make sure you post those Pickford mistakes on the right forum, not here.
tedder89
Egg
Egg
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2

Post by tedder89 »

@TXJ - Those are some of the details that count against Rohr and will be exposed vs better opposition

Add the spacing issues when out of possession, set plays etc

However, I'm a firm believer in the glass being half full.....
txj wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:39 pm
fabio wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:52 pm Last 10 minutes remind me of NIG vs ARG (WC) and NIG vs ALG (ANC Semi - Final). Inviting pressure, upon pressure!

Nothing wrong with that as long as you use it successfully to play on the counter.

In this game, it was a sound tactic, even if it comes with butterflies...

My problem is that we did not try to initiate counters from passing and movement but repeatedly opted for the long balls to Victor to catch them out...
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm
a friendly Tobi...that Cape Verde was a team of Portugues they made AFCON q-finals and defeated / drew ghana or so . They almost made the worldcup but had used a banned player so they had to lose by 3-0 . this current one aren't footballers, did you see how unfit they looked? their number 9 is a sumo wrestler .. let us be honest we were trash playing against fishermen, college students , TSA agents, police officers and dog walkers.. we used professional and players who have played at two world cups.. the sad thing is we struggled vs a Minnow
BP,

Once agains. You're been emotional and economical with the truth, have you even checked the record of this Cape Verdean team in all their major qualifiers? start with the AFCON... they have beaten Cameroon and sit comfortably in their group position (if I'm not mistaken), also check their home records!

We took a very depleted team and won on the road in a match we dominated and on balance of play should have win despite playing below our quality... the Senegal you were praising beat Congo with their FULL SQUAD.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cape Verde is no longer a good side because they're playing Nigeria? :rotf: :rotf:

This is a world cup qualifier. African Nations put their best possible sides forward for WCQers. Cape Verde has been a good side for some time now. We praise them when they give other top sides a hard time but underrate them when it comes to Nigeria.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

muzines wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 pm Nigerians are weird. We just went to Cape Verde and got a win, and people here are moaning that the sky is falling. Yes, it was tense at the end - but this is a damn good win, especially with missing our EPL contingent.
Those complaining didn’t want a result and are of little or no relevance!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

muzines wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 pm Nigerians are weird. We just went to Cape Verde and got a win, and people here are moaning that the sky is falling. Yes, it was tense at the end - but this is a damn good win, especially with missing our EPL contingent.
Those complaining didn’t want a result and are of little or no relevance!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Full time stats per Livescore
Not bad everything considered

Shots on Target Nig 6 CV 2
Shots off target 1 to 4
Blocked shots 1 to 0
Possession 52 to 48
Corners 7 to 4
Offsides 3 to 2
Fouls 12 to 12
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 pm
BP,

Once agains. You're been emotional and economical with the truth, have you even checked the record of this Cape Verdean team in all their major qualifiers? start with the AFCON... they have beaten Cameroon and sit comfortably in their group position (if I'm not mistaken), also check their home records!

We took a very depleted team and won on the road in a match we dominated and on balance of play should have win despite playing below our quality... the Senegal you were praising beat Congo with their FULL SQUAD.
BP is actually right here Tobi. Ryan Mendes is a baller, and around 2013, they had a number of former Portuguese Junior Internationals in the team. They are no longer on that level, but in 2 years there might be another wave of former Portuguese Juniors with eligibility.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Even Zambia lost 0-2 at home to Tunisia, most of their key players like Patson Daka had to return to their EPL club(s)