Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 FT

Post by oscar52 »

The team does not pass the eye test but again none of Rohr teams I have seen have. I will just wish them well but the guy don completely turn SE to flair-less team.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Great result. On to the October window.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:27 pm
Robbynice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:38 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:31 pm Nigeria was lucky. But the team made their own luck. Against even an averagely better team like Libeia or Benin, Nigeria would have lost. There are a lot of positives from the game.

1. Awaziem and Omeruo played well
2. Henry Michael is developig well. That U20 group that lost to the US is not totally a failed set.
Didn't a Rohr coached team beat both Liberia and Benin? :???:

He used Team A to beat Benin and lIberia. Team B would have lost to Liberia or Benin away from home.

Also I recall Mighty Sierra Leone coming back from 4 goals down in Nigeria to earn a 4-4 draw against a Rohr coached side. Is that true?

:???: :???:
...and Liberia then edged out Sierra Leone Africa in the World Cup Qualifier earlier round to qualify for the group matches. Football is not mathematics but I know you won't get it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:38 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:22 pm If Naija gets drawn in the next round (if they get through) against one of Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria. Just get a regular supply of tissues because this Rohr bunch ain't going nowhere
Egypt? Lmaoooo have you been following African football lately? The same Egypt that are currently struggling in their group and are not even 100% sure of qualification :rotf: We heard the same thing when we drawn in the same group with Algeria, Cameroon, and Zambia in the last WC group... and we all know how that turned out. Rohr might be a crap coach, but he definitely knows how to qualify his teams to major tournaments (check his records).
keep beating your chest about knowing how to qualify, the last worldcup qualification was because of Ighalo, Moses, Mikel , Iwobi , Kele... those players all used their talents to bail **** . You are here singing and dancing , we have been grouped with minnows for the last 3 qualifications . How can anyone be this lucky in 3 qualifiers, here are the all and mighty minnows we've played in the last 3 years plus SA, Seychelles and Libya ( 2019 AFCON) Lesotho, Benin, Salone (2021 AFCON) Liberia, CAR, Cape Verde( 2021) you are singing and dancing, look at the trash teams we've been playing .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:07 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:22 pm If Naija gets drawn in the next round (if they get through) against one of Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria. Just get a regular supply of tissues because this Rohr bunch ain't going nowhere
Egypt? Lmaoooo have you been following African football lately? The same Egypt that are currently struggling in their group and are not even 100% sure of qualification :rotf: We heard the same thing when we drawn in the same group with Algeria, Cameroon, and Zambia in the last WC group... and we all know how that turned out. Rohr might be a crap coach, but he definitely knows how to qualify his teams to major tournaments (check his records).
keep beating your chest about knowing how to qualify, the last worldcup qualification was because of Ighalo, Moses, Mikel , Iwobi , Kele... those players all used their talents to bail **** . You are here singing and dancing , we have been grouped with minnows for the last 3 qualifications . How can anyone be this lucky in 3 qualifiers, here are the all and mighty minnows we've played in the last 3 years plus SA, Seychelles and Libya ( 2019 AFCON) Lesotho, Benin, Salone (2021 AFCON) Liberia, CAR, Cape Verde( 2021) you are singing and dancing, look at the trash teams we've been playing .
BP,
So since we had all those super stars like Ighalo, Mikel, Moses, Iwobi etc.. isn't it more impressive that we are winning our crucial games without those star veterans like Moses, Ighalo and Mikel with primarily a new generation of players?
We didn't beg, ask, or negotiate to be in the same group as this so called "minnow teams", fate and maybe good luck just happened to find us paired with them... remember you can only BEAT who or what's in front of you :thumb:

While at it, REMEMBER or maybe you've forgotten how we failed to qualify for ordinary AFCON not too long ago in a group full of world class teams like of SA, Sudan and Congo :taunt:
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

I will be having dinner with Ogbeni Rohr manana and I will straighten out some of this stuff. The game played out exactly as I called it yesterday. As the SUPREME LEADER here, that's what I do!
Oti sheleh!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:47 pm The team does not pass the eye test but again none of Rohr teams I have seen have. I will just wish them well but the guy don completely turn SE to flair-less team
This is exactly what you people said about Amodu’s teams to get him sacked after qualification.
Now y’all are shedding crocodile tears for the way the man was treated.
And if you’re too young to know, now you know. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

I dont know why people do not seem relieved with a win away from home in what is a banana skin of a tie. Some lessons learnt in a game where we did not have room for error. It was clear we were a cut above these players even with our b or c (which ever you choose) team. The pitch meant that control was hard and considering the conditions, it would be crazy to go to a place like that and not play cautious.

We take the three points and we move!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I mean... :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Amodu never gave up a 4 goal lead to Sierra Leone. We have seen Rohr at world cup. I supported the sack of Amodu for getting 3rd.at Afccn. I now support the sack of Rohr.
Should have been fire after the last world cup. I want to win Afcon. I want world cupQuarterfinak. I want to see progressively better play and world cup quarterfinals.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I think he said at the time that we had “no chance” of qualifying from the group.
Oh wait….. I think that might have been Bigporkey!! :)

Nothing changes.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

for a county like Nigeria. Not winning Afcon and atleast 2nd round of world cup is a failure.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:58 pm
oscar52 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:47 pm The team does not pass the eye test but again none of Rohr teams I have seen have. I will just wish them well but the guy don completely turn SE to flair-less team
This is exactly what you people said about Amodu’s teams to get him sacked after qualification.

I couldn't agree with you more. Rohr's modus operandi is so reminiscent of Amodu.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Most of Rohr supporters are like Buhari voters. I have watched so many of these Super eagles matches Uber him and I can tell you is either these players are overated or their coach should have been fired after the last world cup. You can't have it both ways. I honestly don't see us going anywhere under this dude. I can promise you that at the next Afcon we wouldn't go past the same position we finished at the last Afcon....btw the same apply to the world cup as well.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Why is no one discussing key points in today's game? For me conceding that first goal and how it happened needs to be addressed. It was along ball and I thought Shehu was at fault as he was the right back but went AWOL. Also Okoye was beaten at his near post which should never happen, he should have covered the near post and force the striker to go far post if he is beaten fine. Again it was the first shot attempt and they score. Okoye was on holiday up to that point. Don't think he should be our number 1 I am saying that having watched him concede 4 goals at home against Saro.

Another key point in the game was early on when Moses delivered a great cross in the box to Musa who blasted the ball high over the bar. If that was Kele/Onachu/Osemi that would have been a goal! Musa appeared to have lost his pace.

A lot of people on this forum think Victor is the teams best striker but watching him in the game he doesn't do enough to lose him markers granted he scored and he had 3 centre backs marking him. He still has a long way to go in his development I think Onauchu is more clinical in front of goal.

In the first half Collins was by far our most effective player however Ejuke needs to move the ball quicker and not take too many touches. Our set plays look like we have been practicing as the delivery from corner kicks were dangerous.

Again our subs where made far too late in the game we all saw how Henry almost made an instant impact and Onachu would have coped with the physicality of the Cape Verde players.

Number 13 in midfield and Shehu were our worst players and were exposed we were lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the field.
Going forward : Number 13 , Shehu, Musa & Okoye need to be replaced with better players
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

mystic wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:08 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:58 pm

I couldn't agree with you more. Rohr's modus operandi is so reminiscent of Amodu.
Rohr concedes more than Amodu's teams. And Amodu's teams could attack if they needed to. Having said that, I'm seeing more of a good balance in Rohr's teams. I was very impressed with yesterday's win.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:31 am Why is no one discussing key points in today's game? For me conceding that first goal and how it happened needs to be addressed. It was along ball and I thought Shehu was at fault as he was the right back but went AWOL. Also Okoye was beaten at his near post which should never happen, he should have covered the near post and force the striker to go far post if he is beaten fine. Again it was the first shot attempt and they score. Okoye was on holiday up to that point. Don't think he should be our number 1 I am saying that having watched him concede 4 goals at home against Saro.

Another key point in the game was early on when Moses delivered a great cross in the box to Musa who blasted the ball high over the bar. If that was Kele/Onachu/Osemi that would have been a goal! Musa appeared to have lost his pace.

A lot of people on this forum think Victor is the teams best striker but watching him in the game he doesn't do enough to lose him markers granted he scored and he had 3 centre backs marking him. He still has a long way to go in his development I think Onauchu is more clinical in front of goal.

In the first half Collins was by far our most effective player however Ejuke needs to move the ball quicker and not take too many touches. Our set plays look like we have been practicing as the delivery from corner kicks were dangerous.

Again our subs where made far too late in the game we all saw how Henry almost made an instant impact and Onachu would have coped with the physicality of the Cape Verde players.

Number 13 in midfield and Shehu were our worst players and were exposed we were lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the field.
Going forward : Number 13 , Shehu, Musa & Okoye need to be replaced with better players
Your points are far more worthy of discussion.
The fact that they are not being discussed just shows you that the ARSes are less interested in the team and more interested in Rohr who they just can’t get out of their underwear.

‘Severe pains’ going on 5 years now.
It can’t be easy for them. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And yes, I totally agree with you on Osimhen, Musa and Shehu.
Osimhen needs to do more to justify his claim to be the undisputed no 9.
However, I think Moffi rather than Onuachu will be the one to eventually threaten his position.
I also think Sadiq - once his plane finally arrives - will offer everything that Onuachu does and more.

Musa is passed it and should retire honourably. Shehu shouldn’t really be part of the mix.

Okoye I disagree with you on.
Yes that was a ‘schoolboy’ error but every keeper makes them.
We swing back to Uzoho and he’ll make his own. He is probably less experienced than Okoye is at the moment. He’s been out for a relatively long time at roughly the same age. Has probably played less competitive games in total too.
And there’s no objective evidence to suggest he is “better”, whatever that means in the context of comparing the two.
Akpeyi? We all know the public sentiment.

So who is left?
Noble? Ezenwa? Thomas? Osigwe?

We can’t keep trying them out endlessly.
It’s not as if they’ve not been invited before….. :idea:
Just my opinion.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

My support for the SE trumps any reservations I might have about Rohr.
It was a very good result away from home, without our key players and debuting 2 midfielders in a WCQ,against the team most of us feared in the group. The SE totally dominated the game and deserved the 3 points.
Musa appears to be done and we should not jeopardise our qualification because of one player. I suggest the NFF arrange friendlies to get him over the line for his 100 caps. The change in our attack when he was replaced is enough evidence that his days are numbered in the SE.
Kingsley Michael played very well IMO, with vital interceptions and moving the ball forward quickly.
The CV was clearly offside but Okoye was also at fault for being beaten in his near post.
Bonke was decent but has not really seized the opportunity.
Awaziem is making a good case for himself as a potential starter in the first team. Ejuke, like most CEs have stated, needs to release the ball quickly, however, he is very talented and forced a good save from the goalkeeper.
Osimhen needs to add variety to his game and not play like a battering ram all the time. He didn't get enough service and with the ineffectual Musa next to him, probably made his job harder.
Overall, it was a good outing and we march on.
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:04 am
Flex Swift wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:31 am Why is no one discussing key points in today's game? For me conceding that first goal and how it happened needs to be addressed. It was along ball and I thought Shehu was at fault as he was the right back but went AWOL. Also Okoye was beaten at his near post which should never happen, he should have covered the near post and force the striker to go far post if he is beaten fine. Again it was the first shot attempt and they score. Okoye was on holiday up to that point. Don't think he should be our number 1 I am saying that having watched him concede 4 goals at home against Saro.

Your points are far more worthy of discussion.
The fact that they are not being discussed just shows you that the ARSes are less interested in the team and more interested in Rohr who they just can’t get out of their underwear.

‘Severe pains’ going on 5 years now.
It can’t be easy for them. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And yes, I totally agree with you on Osimhen, Musa and Shehu.
Osimhen needs to do more to justify his claim to be the undisputed no 9.
However, I think Moffi rather than Onuachu will be the one to eventually threaten his position.
I also think Sadiq - once his plane finally arrives - will offer everything that Onuachu does and more.

Musa is passed it and should retire honourably. Shehu shouldn’t really be part of the mix.

Okoye I disagree with you on.
Yes that was a ‘schoolboy’ error but every keeper makes them.
We swing back to Uzoho and he’ll make his own. He is probably less experienced than Okoye is at the moment. He’s been out for a relatively long time at roughly the same age. Has probably played less competitive games in total too.
And there’s no objective evidence to suggest he is “better”, whatever that means in the context of comparing the two.
Akpeyi? We all know the public sentiment.

So who is left?
Noble? Ezenwa? Thomas? Osigwe?

We can’t keep trying them out endlessly.
It’s not as if they’ve not been invited before….. :idea:
Just my opinion.
Good solid points!!!

We will have agree to disagree on Onauchu & Moffi. I seen enough of Moffi at club level to evaluate his game. He is similar to Isaac Success but a bigger version. For a big man Onauchu knows how to put the ball in the back of the net on the ground & in the air. Also he proved last season where he won the golden boot and set a new scoring record in the Belgium league. Moffi has to continue to develop scoring lots of goals to challenge both Victor & Paul. But it is great a competition to have and provide the team with quality.

On another point since we were so short in midfield I wondered why Olayinka wasn’t called up, I see him as a midfielder who could have contributed in that away game.

In terms of goal keepers one option that could be tried is rotate them. This what England did when they had Ray Clemence & Peter Shilton……… But Okoye gives away cheap goals from faulty positioning both at international and club levels.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1. That goal by Cape Verde was miles offside. The goalscorer was Moses Simon's man but we were playing a high defensive line. In fact, in that instance, our offside trap worked to perfection (but someone neglected to inform the referee).

2. Okoye's positioning was poor. He was too bus trying to point out that the Cape Verdean player was offside, that by the time it dawned on that he would actually have to do his job as a goalkeeper, he had lost his bearings.

3. For now we do not have a great goalkeeper. What we have are two very promising youngsters in Okoye and Uzoho who will have their good days and their off days. But we've been through this before with a young Vincent Enyeama and he turned out okay. So there's no cause to abandon ship.

4. Innocent Bonke (sporting the number 13 shirt) didn't do his chances of earning future call-ups much good. I thought that Shehu was okay, but he’s our 3rd string RB for a reason. Meanwhile, Ahmed Musa is a depreciating asset.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2

Post by Adisboy »

naijaguy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm
Igugu wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:58 pm
naijaguy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:54 pm Rohr on the road to qualifying again without a loss. Glory be to God
I agree. Against the likes of Argentina and Brazil, Paraguay and Germany, Nduka won't stand a chance. His reflexes, his positioning, his sense of judgment of the ball are not up to standard yet. He needs to gain more experience.
Maduka you mean. Have you forgotten he was the goalkeeper vs Brazil in a friendly match. Go watch that game again. He was very good in that match. In fact that's the match that crowned him as Naija number one.
Abeg stop rewriting history. Uzoho was the goal keeper who started the match and pulled off all those amazing saves. Okoye only came in, in the 2nd half when Uzoho got injured. Luckily, he didn't have to do much till the end of that game. The reason he's got the number 1 shirt was due to Uzoho's long-term injury.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 pm just look at the teams their 2013 squads played for ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Afri ... Cape_Verde
the current team are full of armatures and unfit / overweight footballers

they had a defender called Nando then ... that was their golden squad.. today's team is not what yall thought they were .. that was almost 10 years ago

tobi and you keep saying Cameroon.. are you aware during the qualifiers Cameroon didn't take the games seriously and were testing players.. they used those games as friendly seeing they already qualified
:lol: :rotf: Chai! You sabi write rubbish! Are you ok?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mystic wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:25 am 1. That goal by Cape Verde was miles offside. The goalscorer was Moses Simon's man but we were playing a high defensive line. In fact, in that instance, our offside trap worked to perfection (but someone neglected to inform the referee).

2. Okoye's positioning was poor. He was too bus trying to point out that the Cape Verdean player was offside, that by the time it dawned on that he would actually have to do his job as a goalkeeper, he had lost his bearings.

3. For now we do not have a great goalkeeper. What we have are two very promising youngsters in Okoye and Uzoho who will have their good days and their off days. But we've been through this before with a young Vincent Enyeama and he turned out okay. So there's no cause to abandon ship.

4. Innocent Bonke (sporting the number 13 shirt) didn't do his chances of earning future call-ups much good. I thought that Shehu was okay, but he’s our 3rd string RB for a reason. Meanwhile, Ahmed Musa is a depreciating asset.
The Cape Verde goal was legit. A long ball was played. While the ball was in the air the CV player started his run. By the time the camera actually panned to him, he was just about in front of the Nigerian defender (#15), but he was onside when the ball was played.

Regarding Okoye. Surely Nigeria can do better than this. :evil: I was thinking, that ball would have been a non-issue for Enyeama. I know we don't have anyone of Enyeama's quality right now, but surely we must have keepers that can do better than this.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes