Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 FT

Post by Bigpokey24 »

just look at the teams their 2013 squads played for ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Afri ... Cape_Verde
the current team are full of armatures and unfit / overweight footballers

they had a defender called Nando then ... that was their golden squad.. today's team is not what yall thought they were .. that was almost 10 years ago

tobi and you keep saying Cameroon.. are you aware during the qualifiers Cameroon didn't take the games seriously and were testing players.. they used those games as friendly seeing they already qualified
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Cape Verde Starting 11

Post by Vindave »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:24 pm win, draw or lose Rohr is not it at all, NFF should start looking for another coach before the world cup starts and pay off this fraud already
When or what time will the new coach use to study the team and understand them...?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria was lucky. But the team made their own luck. Against even an averagely better team like Libeia or Benin, Nigeria would have lost. There are a lot of positives from the game.

1. Awaziem and Omeruo played well
2. Henry Michael is developig well. That U20 group that lost to the US is not totally a failed set.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:31 pm Nigeria was lucky. But the team made their own luck. Against even an averagely better team like Libeia or Benin, Nigeria would have lost. There are a lot of positives from the game.

2. Henry Michael is developig well. That U20 group that lost to the US is not totally a failed set.
Didn't a Rohr coached team beat both Liberia and Benin? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 pm just look at the teams their 2013 squads played for ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Afri ... Cape_Verde
the current team are full of armatures and unfit / overweight footballers

they had a defender called Nando then ... that was their golden squad.. today's team is not what yall thought they were .. that was almost 10 years ago

tobi and you keep saying Cameroon.. are you aware during the qualifiers Cameroon didn't take the games seriously and were testing players.. they used those games as friendly seeing they already qualified
You are still deviously overlooking the fact that:

(1) We took a very depleted squad to play away in a crucial away game and on a terrible pitch that did football no good service, in fact a DRAW was the standard expectation given the circumstance

(2) We played at third gear and still dominated that match comfortably save for few nervy moments in the last minutes, if Rohr had done his subs well and introduced Onyekuru and Moffi earlier, we would have scored more goals. The likes of Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Senegal, Algeria, Tunisia have majority of their star players... We had only Osimhen and a makeshift defence, and a bunch of hey-you's including a one legged Musa leading our hopes of winning...that was more or less our C team sef if we're to be honest
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Robbynice wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:38 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:31 pm Nigeria was lucky. But the team made their own luck. Against even an averagely better team like Libeia or Benin, Nigeria would have lost. There are a lot of positives from the game.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Rohr and **** are not the same individuals.
Allow them jare!

They will twist themselves into pretzels just to denigrate the victory, even using another victory by same coach.... :lol:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Just logged in. Was this a friendly or a qualifier?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:50 pm Just logged in. Was this a friendly or a qualifier?
A friendly because CV ‘dashed’ us two goals.
So the victory doesn’t count, apparently. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2

Post by txj »

tedder89 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:12 pm @TXJ - Those are some of the details that count against Rohr and will be exposed vs better opposition

Add the spacing issues when out of possession, set plays etc

However, I'm a firm believer in the glass being half full.....
txj wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:39 pm
fabio wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:52 pm Last 10 minutes remind me of NIG vs ARG (WC) and NIG vs ALG (ANC Semi - Final). Inviting pressure, upon pressure!

Nothing wrong with that as long as you use it successfully to play on the counter.

In this game, it was a sound tactic, even if it comes with butterflies...

My problem is that we did not try to initiate counters from passing and movement but repeatedly opted for the long balls to Victor to catch them out...

We've scored many goals from counters under Rohr.

Today he just wasn't willing to take any extra risks. Understandable under the circumstances though..

My issue was how the counters were being set up...

Playing a low or medium block is widely used in the game today...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:50 pm Just logged in. Was this a friendly or a qualifier?
You may call it a friendly qualifier
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Just watched the game and we did as well as we could given the circumstances and luck was on our side. One thing of note, I prefer having defenders who are comfortable with the ball at their feet like Omeruo and Awaziem and are accurate/confident passers out the back.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

muzines wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 pm Nigerians are weird. We just went to Cape Verde and got a win, and people here are moaning that the sky is falling. Yes, it was tense at the end - but this is a damn good win, especially with missing our EPL contingent.
Its easy to figure out when you realize that a vocal group of people on this forum are more interested in seeing Rohr fail than they are in seeing Nigeria succeed.
Once you realize that, their moaning is easy to understand,...no matter how disgustingly petty they come across.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

charlie wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:13 pm
muzines wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 pm Nigerians are weird. We just went to Cape Verde and got a win, and people here are moaning that the sky is falling. Yes, it was tense at the end - but this is a damn good win, especially with missing our EPL contingent.
Its easy to figure out when you realize that a vocal group of people on this forum are more interested in seeing Rohr fail than they are in seeing Nigeria succeed.
Once you realize that, their moaning is easy to understand,...no matter how disgustingly petty they come across.
Agree. The hatred for the coach has morphed into disdain for our team. We capped two new senior Eagles today in a competitive WC qual. Bonke and Kingsley who I believe never played for the senior team b4. We should be talking about them.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2

Post by Vindave »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cruxifixoy2k wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:53 pm Gone are the days when you can easily predict and name Eagles starting players. Today it is Ejike, tomorrow Mba, week after it is Buhari.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

At least we got the 3 points. Job done. On to the next one.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He used Team A to beat Benin and lIberia. Team B would have lost to Liberia or Benin away from home.

Also I recall Mighty Sierra Leone coming back from 4 goals down in Nigeria to earn a 4-4 draw against a Rohr coached side. Is that true?

:???: :???:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I did not watch the game as I was returning from the Gulder and Pepper soup fest in Niaja. But I hope Ejuke was the man of the match given all the hype he used to get here.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Just saw the highlights.
Rank amateur hour!
Pathetic
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 pm Just saw the highlights.
Rank amateur hour!
Pathetic
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: finally someone who has eyes
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:27 pm

He used Team A to beat Benin and lIberia. Team B would have lost to Liberia or Benin away from home.

Also I recall Mighty Sierra Leone coming back from 4 goals down in Nigeria to earn a 4-4 draw against a Rohr coached side. Is that true?

:???: :???:
Baba I still don't get you. But it is okay. So you admit that he had a depleted team and that the team went on the road and won a massive WC qualifier game. However you feel the need to compare apples and oranges...Okay o. It is well...You can continue to dwell on that. As for me and my house, we move on to the next and hopefully it will be another massive victory (3 points)
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:41 pm
kawawa wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm Did we not win this game? Away with at least 10 first team members missing? Rejoice guys.
vs a team wey no get stadium? did we score any goal ? or we should be grateful that pathetic pitch helped the SE? let us be honest we had zero tactics .. this was just due to the fact that football is the most popular sport in Nigeria, are you aware CAPE Verde do not even have a real football league.. you are dancing all over the place after using luck to defeat a minnow... CIV defeated Cameroon is a real match..our competitions are Cape Verde, CAR and Liberia ...make we hear word... we have the cheapest group in the entire continent
I have to agree with you on this
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

If Naija gets drawn in the next round (if they get through) against one of Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria. Just get a regular supply of tissues because this Rohr bunch ain't going nowhere
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

DIMKA76 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:22 pm If Naija gets drawn in the next round (if they get through) against one of Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria. Just get a regular supply of tissues because this Rohr bunch ain't going nowhere
Egypt? Lmaoooo have you been following African football lately? The same Egypt that are currently struggling in their group and are not even 100% sure of qualification :rotf: We heard the same thing when we drawn in the same group with Algeria, Cameroon, and Zambia in the last WC group... and we all know how that turned out. Rohr might be a crap coach, but he definitely knows how to qualify his teams to major tournaments (check his records).