Thank you **** it is time to go

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Thank you **** it is time to go

Post by fabio »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:02 am
Rohr has a chance to be rated as our best coach ever. Even if he just matches Westerhoff & Keshi's records (winning AFCON & WC 2nd round), he would have achieved more than them due to his win ratio in competitive games & the fact that his teams seamlessly qualify for tournaments. Rohr is the first coach of Nigeria to complete 3 qualifying cycles undefeated in away games in Africa. The trend is continuing in his 4th which is the current World Cup qualifiers. However if he doesn't match that, say may be another AFCON Bronze & just WC qualification, I will classify him below those two e.g. the best of the rest, because according to some dudes here if a coach doesn't win AFCON they are failures. A ton of coaches fall into that category, then there's Siasia & Oliseh that couldn't even qualify for AFCON (Siasia on 2 occasions), so I wonder how to describe those coaches.
According FIFA records.... Nigeria 0 Algeria 3!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:35 am
Rohr has a chance to be rated as our best coach ever. Even if he just matches Westerhoff & Keshi's records (winning AFCON & WC 2nd round), he would have achieved more than them due to his win ratio in competitive games & the fact that his teams seamlessly qualify for tournaments. Rohr is the first coach of Nigeria to complete 3 qualifying cycles undefeated in away games in Africa. The trend is continuing in his 4th which is the current World Cup qualifiers. However if he doesn't match that, say may be another AFCON Bronze & just WC qualification, I will classify him below those two e.g. the best of the rest, because according to some dudes here if a coach doesn't win AFCON they are failures. A ton of coaches fall into that category, then there's Siasia & Oliseh that couldn't even qualify for AFCON (Siasia on 2 occasions), so I wonder how to describe those coaches.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A game they have declined to credit a single player with a cap.
You funny.
Who scored by the way? I hear it was Rabah Madjer. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You funny.
I know you will show face :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please what does FIFA record say :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

fabio wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:35 am
I was expecting the above response. It clearly shows that you are not interested in facts. Says a lot about you. Abeg please name the players that scored the goals for Algeria. Also please explain why that game is not included by FIFA as a match played by Ahmed Musa. Fabio please i'm waiting from your response.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:25 am
I was expecting the above response. It clearly shows that you are not interested in facts. Says a lot about you. Abeg please name the players that scored the goals for Algeria. Also please explain why that game is not included by FIFA as a match played by Ahmed Musa. Fabio please i'm waiting from your response.
Chief, no vex! I was only going my FIFA facts!
The relevant FIFA and UEFA rules on the subject are clear. FIFA Disciplinary Code, 2011 Edition,3 article 55 provides:

“1. If a player takes part in an official match despite being ineligible, his team will be sanctioned by forfeiting the match (cf. art. 31) and paying a minimumfine of CHF 6,000.

2. If a player takes part in a friendly match despite being ineligible, his team will be sanctioned by forfeiting the match and paying a minimum fine of CHF 4,000.”

Article 31 provides:

“1. A team sanctioned with a forfeit is considered to have lost the match by 3-0. facts according to FIFA

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/regul ... ory_id=115
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You funny.
I know you will show face :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please what does FIFA record say :taunt:
I always show my face when people crack good jokes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should be pleased.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Amodu and Keshi never ever lost a worldcup qualifier... we cannot say the same for the dude who messed up our undefeated records during WCQs
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:29 pm
Adisboy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:57 pm
Adisboy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:18 am
gochino wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 am
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:18 pm we nigerian sometime we never happy ,the guy still getting results and qualifying for tournament remember 2015 and 2017 nation cup.???
So are coaches hired just to qualify teams for tournaments?? See complex!
But he got to the Semi's in his first and only AFCON with us. Westerhoff only won the AFCON on his 3rd attempt. He got Silver in his first with an experimental squad in 1990 but got bronze with a far better experienced and talented squad in 1992. Should he have been sacked in 1992 since he couldn't get to the final? According to you guys yardsticks he should have. If he did, 1994 would not have happened. Even though the team couldn't get to the final like the earlier team there was clear progress in the foundation of the team like what is happening today. Rohr has built a team that would surely compete at the highest level in Africa for many more AFCONs. With a strong team odds are that you are likely to win a tournament sooner rather than later.
But we have a coach that won the AFCON at First Attempt with hey yous. :thumb:

I am asking again, what will be considered failure/success for current SE coach?
Expecting every coach hired to win the AFCON or any major competition on the first try is ridiculous. This is not the norm. Did Guardiola win the premier league in his first season? Did Joachim Low win the Euros or World Cup in his first try? The aim is to build a team capable of challenging before other factors come into play. There's an element of good fortune that comes with winning tournaments. Algeria for instance could have easily been eliminated in the quarterfinals as the scraped through on penalties. Even against us, if Ndidi did not make that tackle and the game went into extra time in the semifinals. These are things that worked in Algeria's favour. In 2013, i remember the last ditch tackle by Mikel that saved a certain equaliser by Ivory Coast in the quarters etc. These things have to align together with having a competitive team for you to have a chance of becoming champions. It does not solely rest on the coaches' abilities. If that is difficult to understand then I can't help you.
Thanks. So what will you use to measure the performance of the coach?
Thanks.

I am looking ahead. What will be your measure to decide that a coach is not good enough and should have a change of hands?

Better still what will Rohr specifically achieve that will make you say NOT GOOD ENOUGH to continue on the job?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

some people forgot who was the coach in this match
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

fabio wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:55 am
Adisboy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:25 am
Chief, no vex! I was only going my FIFA facts!
The relevant FIFA and UEFA rules on the subject are clear. FIFA Disciplinary Code, 2011 Edition,3 article 55 provides:

“1. If a player takes part in an official match despite being ineligible, his team will be sanctioned by forfeiting the match (cf. art. 31) and paying a minimumfine of CHF 6,000.

2. If a player takes part in a friendly match despite being ineligible, his team will be sanctioned by forfeiting the match and paying a minimum fine of CHF 4,000.”

Article 31 provides:

“1. A team sanctioned with a forfeit is considered to have lost the match by 3-0. facts according to FIFA

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/regul ... ory_id=115
What was the score on the field of play? Also why is it that when you look up this match there always an asterix attached to the loss. Also who's error was it that records were not kept correctly. The coaches changed (Oliseh to Rohr) but the same NFF board attached. Anybody, who attributes this result to Rohr in anyway shape or form, is not well or just mischievous.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

naijaguy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:30 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:35 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm Given all of the changes, the team is frankly doing better than I had expected...

GO Super Eagles!!
no thanks to cape-verde for scoring and assisting 2 goals
Bigpokey you need to chill sometimes.
If it was the SE that scored the own goal, you'd blame Rohr. The opponent scored an own goal and you are still not happy. This is how wizards behave o. You don't need to start flying at night to become one. :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Attention seeker.

If I catch you in the streets of Houston, you will see the attention my knuckles will give your lips. Nonsense!
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:25 pm after the match just waka go europe, you've destroyed our style of play ... you can keep peakmilk with you
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 am
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:18 pm we nigerian sometime we never happy ,the guy still getting results and qualifying for tournament remember 2015 and 2017 nation cup.???
So are coaches hired just to qualify teams for tournaments?? See complex!
gochino,

Thank you!

What an incredibly low bar to set!! Qualifying for a tournament of how many teams when we are ranked what again run Africa and claiming we have great talents? Ridiculous! The fact that we did not qualify to AFCON tice means diddly. That was ofd given the fact that we had usually qualified without a sweat. No one remembers the reason we did not make it. Let me remind people who have developed amnesia: (1) NFF in-fighting and making it publicly impossible for the coach to do his job, and (2) a quirky and unusual draw pitting Nigeria and Egypt in a qualifier. Those two scenarios are unusual.

It is a shock, therefore, that somewhere will equate Nigeria's (ranked usually in Africa's Top 5) qualification for a 24-team AFCON as a great achievement. It is a ridiculously low bar. Thank goodness that authorities do not assess Rohr or any Nigerian manager based on such a low bar. Far more is expected.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics