3 takeaways from the game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
3 takeaways from the game

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr is one damn lucky coach, his game management as we already know is zero... We won't go far in the world cup with this man... I'm glad his contract is running down, how many months left again?

Musa has got to stay far away from this team if he truly loves his nation.

The likes of Nwakali or any creative midfielder out there urgently need to be called up... The likes of Lookman, Ejaria will be great attacking options for us, but it seems their switch will take decades.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 3 takeaways from the game

Post by Gotti »

At this stage, the ONLY important thing is...THREE POINTS! :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:56 pm Rohr is one damn lucky coach, his game management as we already know is zero... We won't go far in the world cup with this man... I'm glad his contract is running down, how many months left again?

The likes of Nwakali or any creative midfielder out there urgently need to be called up... The likes of Lookman, Ejaria will be great attacking options for us, but it seems their switch will take decades.
Nwakali, another SE legend before his time!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Nwakali is actually playing well for his club and getting alot of playing time. It is criminal for Rohr not to invite more midfielders but rely on the combo of Ndidi/Etebo/Aribo. That is dangerous! Imagine if these 3 are injured( God forbid), we are toast. It is so obvious even the blind can see that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:03 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:56 pm Rohr is one damn lucky coach, his game management as we already know is zero... We won't go far in the world cup with this man... I'm glad his contract is running down, how many months left again?

Nwakali, another SE legend before his time!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:08 pm Nwakali is actually playing well for his club and getting alot of playing time. It is criminal for Rohr not to invite more midfielders but rely on the combo of Ndidi/Etebo/Aribo. That is dangerous! Imagine if these 3 are injured( God forbid), we are toast. It is so obvious even the blind can see that.
So Nwakali is your answer?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

let them get there first because like i said will still have long way to go ,finish second round first and 3rd round hopefully .
thanks
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

You were making some good points until you recommended Nwakali who has done fcuuuk all and living off past glory since his under 17 days as our savior and solution.

For me, the personnel available for selection has surpassed Rohr's ability as a coach/manager. The catch 22 is given the personnel available is good enough to qualify for the WC so you have to qualify first and worry about coaching replacement issues later. This is not the time for disruption.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

green4life wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:17 pm

You were making some good points until you recommended Nwakali who has done fcuuuk all and living off past glory since his under 17 days as our savior and solution.

For me, the personnel available for selection has surpassed Rohr's ability as a coach/manager. The catch 22 is given the personnel available is good enough to qualify for the WC so you have to qualify first and worry about coaching replacement issues later. This is not the time for disruption.
There was that Athletico Madrid friendly too (not buying into the hype yet O, just dropping information for completeness).

The coach is poor, but I am also worried about the management of this 2 game series, since that is what we may have to contend with throughout this phase of the qualifiers.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Rohr has met his targets. He deserves to continue
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 pm
highbury wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:08 pm Nwakali is actually playing well for his club and getting alot of playing time. It is criminal for Rohr not to invite more midfielders but rely on the combo of Ndidi/Etebo/Aribo. That is dangerous! Imagine if these 3 are injured( God forbid), we are toast. It is so obvious even the blind can see that.
Damunk you are a sensible man

there is no reason by now that Rohr has not had a look at

Kelechi Nwakali
Obinna Nwobodo
Alhassan Yusuf

live in camp during a callup

We have had plenty of opportunities but Rohr thought it was more important to call up 9 defenders, or second division wingers (Abraham Marcus)

Its not like these players have not merrited a callup

Nwobodo had better numbers than Etebo last year playing in the same league, but for a weaker team.

Nwakali has been doing well for his team in the Segunda, and if Rohr can call up a 2nd division winger ( a position we are not lacking in) then certainly he can call up a ball playing midfielder in a stronger 2nd division, when that is a position we lack in.

Alhassan Yusuf has been tearing up the Belgian league and was making waves in Sweden before. Again if they can call up Iwuala or Abraham Marcus for positions we dont even need them in, they can certainly call up Alhassan.

His ignoring of the most important position on the pitch is damn right criminal, you can make no excuses for Rohr here, he has failed abysmally.

Rohr even failed to call up midfielders for a 2 friendlies when we were missing, Ndidi, Etebo, AND Aribo. He simply called up Onyeka and 9 defenders. What kind of fool is that ? I am honestly asking you.

We should not have found ourselves in this position to be scrambling for midfielders.

Today we had ZERO midfielders on the bench. Had bonke or Kinglesy gotten injured, what will Rohr do ?

There needs to be no fewer than 6 proper midfielder for every 23 man squad. That includes Iwobi as our main AM, but there needs to be at least 5 after him. Anything else is completely irresponsible.
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

3 points.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:13 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 pm
Damunk you are a sensible man

there is no reason by now that Rohr has not had a look at

Kelechi Nwakali
Obinna Nwobodo
Alhassan Yusuf

live in camp during a callup

We have had plenty of opportunities but Rohr thought it was more important to call up 9 defenders, or second division wingers (Abraham Marcus)

Its not like these players have not merrited a callup

Nwobodo had better numbers than Etebo last year playing in the same league, but for a weaker team.

Nwakali has been doing well for his team in the Segunda, and if Rohr can call up a 2nd division winger ( a position we are not lacking in) then certainly he can call up a ball playing midfielder in a stronger 2nd division, when that is a position we lack in.

Alhassan Yusuf has been tearing up the Belgian league and was making waves in Sweden before. Again if they can call up Iwuala or Abraham Marcus for positions we dont even need them in, they can certainly call up Alhassan.

His ignoring of the most important position on the pitch is damn right criminal, you can make no excuses for Rohr here, he has failed abysmally.

Rohr even failed to call up midfielders for a 2 friendlies when we were missing, Ndidi, Etebo, AND Aribo. He simply called up Onyeka and 9 defenders. What kind of fool is that ? I am honestly asking you.

We should not have found ourselves in this position to be scrambling for midfielders.

Today we had ZERO midfielders on the bench. Had bonke or Kinglesy gotten injured, what will Rohr do ?

There needs to be no fewer than 6 proper midfielder for every 23 man squad. That includes Iwobi as our main AM, but there needs to be at least 5 after him. Anything else is completely irresponsible.
I believe and hope Rohr knows better now... he began to panic before the game as he realized how dangerously thin his midfield situation was... Rohr will be an obstinate fool not to expand his final WC list by including more midfielders after today's game, he's lucky the Nigerian Juju bailed him out on this one.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

my takeaways

Kingsley Michael was good. Good technique, always looked to make positive passes, drove forwards, made tackles. Def one for the future, but he should be in the mix.

Ahmed Musa has nothing to offer SE. Absolutely nothing. Zilch. These stupid NFF conmen are jeapordizing SE so that he can break the cap records. Musa should just walk away if he loves his country and stop being so damn selfish.

Okoye should sit on the bench. too many soft goals he has allowed, I'm sick of the excuses. Enough already.

Innocent Bonke is simply a carpenter nothing more. We need to get past this idea that all a DM does is "break up plays" A DM can have technical skill and passing ability for heavens sake. Dont want to see him again, nowhere near the ability of Alhassan Yusuf or even Nwobodo.

Ejuke is a very skilled player but still a diamond in the rough. I can see why Rohr does not start him, but he can be turned into a deadly sub impact player. He should always be in the mix for now.

Osimehn really needs to add some craftiness to his game. Like I have been saying for a long time, HE IS TOO ONE DIMENSIONAL. All he does is run and muscle. He needs to add intelligence to his game. Delay your runs, peel off from your markers to create space and channels for wingers to pass to you. I can see how top defenders will simply mark him out of games, as has been done many times in Seie A.

Overall we did not play too badly given the circumstances, poor pitch, missing players, away match, yes we had luck to win, but it was a decent outing

I hope Rohr has learned his lesson but I doubt it. He needs to be continually improving the team and player set, and not think the job is done. Some players should have seen their last match (Bonke, Musa, Shehu)

There is no alternative to Rohr unfortunately, we are stuck with him. The team isn't even bad, its just that Rohr needs to sort out a few things he seems slow to understand. The obvious NFF meddling in the team is also not helping.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

just look at the lucky goals
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Just how many assists or goals does this creative force have in “all the playing time”. We keep hyping and he keeps not delivering
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyeka was invited
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:30 pm my takeaways

Kingsley Michael was good. Good technique, always looked to make positive passes, drove forwards, made tackles. Def one for the future, but he should be in the mix.

Ahmed Musa has nothing to offer SE. Absolutely nothing. Zilch. These stupid NFF conmen are jeapordizing SE so that he can break the cap records. Musa should just walk away if he loves his country and stop being so damn selfish.

Okoye should sit on the bench. too many soft goals he has allowed, I'm sick of the excuses. Enough already.

Innocent Bonke is simply a carpenter nothing more. We need to get past this idea that all a DM does is "break up plays" A DM can have technical skill and passing ability for heavens sake. Dont want to see him again, nowhere near the ability of Alhassan Yusuf or even Nwobodo.

Ejuke is a very skilled player but still a diamond in the rough. I can see why Rohr does not start him, but he can be turned into a deadly sub impact player. He should always be in the mix for now.

Osimehn really needs to add some craftiness to his game. Like I have been saying for a long time, HE IS TOO ONE DIMENSIONAL. All he does is run and muscle. He needs to add intelligence to his game. Delay your runs, peel off from your markers to create space and channels for wingers to pass to you. I can see how top defenders will simply mark him out of games, as has been done many times in Seie A.

Overall we did not play too badly given the circumstances, poor pitch, missing players, away match, yes we had luck to win, but it was a decent outing

I hope Rohr has learned his lesson but I doubt it. He needs to be continually improving the team and player set, and not think the job is done. Some players should have seen their last match (Bonke, Musa, Shehu)

There is no alternative to Rohr unfortunately, we are stuck with him. The team isn't even bad, its just that Rohr needs to sort out a few things he seems slow to understand. The obvious NFF meddling in the team is also not helping.
You pretty much captured most of my thoughts wrt the Rohr issue.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:49 pm

That is the mindset of people who are afraid of winning. They are comfortable getting Participation Trophies than risk trying something new when they realize a manager can'g give them more than he has given them.

Take a look at recent history. Algeria would not have won the AFCON if they had the mindset of some Naija fans and Arsenal fans. They saw that with the generation of players they have, they should be better than their results leading to the AFCON. They could have played it safe... they didn't. And the rest is history.

Take a look at your darling Chelski... had they been owned by Arsenal Accountancy Firm, they would have stuck with a club legend, Lampard, satisfied that they were in the running or 4th place trophy... but No! The owner/ownership felt that they were underachieving and middling. Made a change in the middle of a 4th place trophy challenge and Champions League battle. And with the same set of players, won the darn Champions league.

That is the difference between teams with ambition and teams gunning for Participation Trophies.

This man, **** has given us the best he can give us. You ain't winning $#% with him. He is like a Relegation coach... not a Championship coach. It is like having a paramedic threat you when you can be seen by a physician. His job is to stabilize the patient not to treat the patient.

This coach does not get our psyche. Does not set up his team to play to our strengths... has successfully turned us to a below-par European side. And like the Brazilians have discovered, you ain't gonna win NATHING playing like the Europeans. It requires a complete football philosophy overhaul. When you meet teams with better discipline and better clinical finishers, they will beat you... because that which makes you unpredictable and difficult to beat has been neutered.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cellular wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:16 pm

That is the mindset of people who are afraid of winning. They are comfortable getting Participation Trophies than risk trying something new when they realize a manager can'g give them more than he has given them.

Take a look at recent history. Algeria would not have won the AFCON if they had the mindset of some Naija fans and Arsenal fans. They saw that with the generation of players they have, they should be better than their results leading to the AFCON. They could have played it safe... they didn't. And the rest is history.

Take a look at your darling Chelski... had they been owned by Arsenal Accountancy Firm, they would have stuck with a club legend, Lampard, satisfied that they were in the running or 4th place trophy... but No! The owner/ownership felt that they were underachieving and middling. Made a change in the middle of a 4th place trophy challenge and Champions League battle. And with the same set of players, won the darn Champions league.

That is the difference between teams with ambition and teams gunning for Participation Trophies.

This man, **** has given us the best he can give us. You ain't winning $#% with him. He is like a Relegation coach... not a Championship coach. It is like having a paramedic threat you when you can be seen by a physician. His job is to stabilize the patient not to treat the patient.

This coach does not get our psyche. Does not set up his team to play to our strengths... has successfully turned us to a below-par European side. And like the Brazilians have discovered, you ain't gonna win NATHING playing like the Europeans. It requires a complete football philosophy overhaul. When you meet teams with better discipline and better clinical finishers, they will beat you... because that which makes you unpredictable and difficult to beat has been neutered.
Difference is Algeria has a competent FA and well run league/footballing culture, Nigeria on the other hand does not... the mess was there before Rohr was tenured as coach, and it will most likely still remain there when he sees out his contract.

It's all Rohrs fault, meanwhile your NFF can't even pay the man's salary, even the same players who represent the GWG have on several occasions complained of not been given the match bonuses they were promised... you want success albeit with your overpampered expectations (which is fine) afterall we all want the best for our national football team... But your football administration including the whole structure is at a pitiable state yet somehow you expect success... Pray tell, which world class coach will be ready to work on such footballing environment where crass incompetence takes a front seat? you can't even pay your employee the wages he's due for and you expect a Pep Guardiola to somehow descend from the sky and tolerate our sh#t? unfortunately things don't work like that, what you see is what you get, until Rohrs contract ends and he fails to meet the expectations set for him, you might as well support your national team through thick and thin until that world class coach you have lined up to bring our beautiful football back comes along.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:28 pm
Difference is Algeria has a competent FA and well run league/footballing culture, Nigeria on the other hand does not... the mess was there before Rohr was tenured as coach, and it will most likely still remain there when he sees out his contract.

It's all Rohrs fault, meanwhile your NFF can't even pay the man's salary, even the same players who represent the GWG have on several occasions complained of not been given the match bonuses they were promised... you want success albeit with your overpampered expectations (which is fine) afterall we all want the best for our national football team... But your football administration including the whole structure is at a pitiable state yet somehow you expect success... Pray tell, which world class coach will be ready to work on such footballing environment where crass incompetence takes a front seat? you can't even pay your employee the wages he's due for and you expect a Pep Guardiola to somehow descend from the sky and tolerate our sh#t? unfortunately things don't work like that, what you see is what you get, until Rohrs contract ends and he fails to meet the expectations set for him, you might as well support your national team through thick and thin until that world class coach you have lined up to bring our beautiful football back comes along.
Bro, i will be the first to tell you that **** is still coach because of non-footballing reasons.

He has been a good soldier taking crap from the FA. And if Pinnick had any modicum of integrity would have paid the man off and went about searching for a coach that can give us a footballing identity. **** has done his job, he has triaged the patient and stabilized the patient. Continuing with him is fools gold.

But I don't blame Pinnick, he is after all an Arsenal fan.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:16 pm

To compare Algeria and Nigerias situation is ridiculous.

They got a new coach because they were in a free fall of piss poor results.

They failed to qualify for World Cup (courtesy of Rohr but they also finished dead last even below Zambia)

They failed to get out of the first round of the previous afcon.

Of course they got a new coach. How is that situation anything similar to Rohr and Nigeria
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cellular wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:45 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Bro, i will be the first to tell you that **** is still coach because of non-footballing reasons.

He has been a good soldier taking crap from the FA. And if Pinnick had any modicum of integrity would have paid the man off and went about searching for a coach that can give us a footballing identity. **** has done his job, he has triaged the patient and stabilized the patient. Continuing with him is fools gold.

But I don't blame Pinnick, he is after all an Arsenal fan.
And you think it's as easy as Pinnick just paying off Rohr and then go searching for a coach that will give us back our "footballing identity", while the rot in our general football structure remains unaddressed :rotf:.. Maybe the new coach will do well in the first stint of his managerial tenure by making us play that attractive brand of football we badly want to see, perhaps he will win some games impressively... then what happens after he loses the momentum and everything goes back to sh#t again because the same problems I earlier highlighted (NFF wahala) pops up again?

At least Rohr has given the team a semblance of stability considering the mess and disorganization he met the team when he was appointed as coach. The reality we all know as the truth deep down but are scared to admit is that, Nigerian football will require a thorough revamp from bottom-up, our entitled winning mentality is a mere reflection of our nostalgia for the days Nigerian football was at its peak of glory, unfortunately nothing remains the same forever and that's why we NEED A COMPETENT FA to get their hands dirty and rebuild our footballing identity again, once that is achieved... the good coaches appointed to manage our various football teams will then have the quality materials on ground to work with and improve upon...Bros, Rohr is far from the problem, Rohr was brought in to steady the ship and he has done just that! every other thing after that was just a BONUS considering how we failed to qualify for two consecutive AFCONS. We even argue that Rohr has exceeded the expectations set for him in spite of our reservations about his coaching philosophy, he will rightfully see out his contract terms unless he fails to win an AFCON trophy or at least make the finals, ditto meeting the target of qualifying for the WC and making it out of group stage. So far Rohr has done well in nearly meeting two expectations required of him without us pulling out our calculators:

(1) we have comfortably qualified for the AFCON with games to spare barring any spiritual anomaly.

(2) We are in a very comfortable spot/position for world cup qualification, we played our football against minnows in third gear without even breaking sweat or keeping our blood pressure machines within reach as has been the struggle of Nigerian fans in previous years of qualification quagmires even in groups with the so called "minnows".