Which midfielders should make the World cup?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Which midfielders should make the World cup?

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:53 pm WTF is wrong with Rohr ?

Word is he is singing praises about Bonke declaring "he is here to stay"

Did he somehow confuse Bonke with Michael.

I mean is he in charge of a football team or is he running a school of carpentry?

WTF is wrong with this man sometimes ?
Bonke is the latest beneficiary of your insults. Nothing he ever does in GWG will be good enough for you. It is a pattern with you.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 pm

I mean is he in charge of a football team or is he running a school of carpentry?

Bonke is the latest beneficiary of your insults. Nothing he ever does in GWG will be good enough for you. It is a pattern with you.
you all complain when "we dont play beautiful soccer"

but then you also support carpenters on your team, and then wonder why we dont create enough chances.

You dont play beautiful free flowing soccer when your team is filled with carpenters.

Please tell me how many carpenters the top teams have on their rosters.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

By the way I read somewhere that the squads will be expanded squads for the aFCON to mitigate any Covid problems.

Is this true ?

This would be a very welcome development.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:19 am By the way I read somewhere that the squads will be expanded squads for the aFCON to mitigate any Covid problems.

Is this true ?

This would be a very welcome development.
If true then MF conundrum will look interesting since we want to see the likes of Nwakali, Alhassan, Obinna Nwobodo etc finally get a chance.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:18 am
aruako1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 pm

you all complain when "we dont play beautiful soccer"

but then you also support carpenters on your team, and then wonder why we dont create enough chances.

You dont play beautiful free flowing soccer when your team is filled with carpenters.

Please tell me how many carpenters the top teams have on their rosters.
The problem is you constantly abusing players that wear the GWG. You pick on some players and insult them every game. Bonke did ok for a player making his debut in such a difficult game. He helped Nigeria to a critical away win. You, on the other hand, petulantly ran off to support Ivory Coast against your own country.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

It is a pity Ramon Azeez is without a club. Can’t understand how he still hasn’t found a good fit.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Paveman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:07 pm It is a pity Ramon Azeez is without a club. Can’t understand how he still hasn’t found a good fit.
His separation from Granada is a net positive as he'll find a club where he's wanted.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Any reason why Kingley was not on the bench for Bolongnia today?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 am Any reason why Kingley was not on the bench for Bolongnia today?
Yes, unfortunately he has had a minor muscle tear in his thigh. Not sure if he got the injury in the cape verde game or at training….
He will be out for around a month!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Another midfielder that has started the season well is Watford loanee Tom Dele-Bashiru.
Not saying he will make a world cup squad, but he's one to keep an eye on. He scored two goals for Reading in the Championship yesterday:

The second goal he scored was an absolute cracker.

Glad to see he's playing again after missing most of last season due to injury. Felt he was better than Kinsgley Michael when I saw them play for the Flying Eagles and didn't think he got enough playing time with the U23 Eagles.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Paveman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:07 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 am Any reason why Kingley was not on the bench for Bolongnia today?
Yes, unfortunately he has had a minor muscle tear in his thigh. Not sure if he got the injury in the cape verde game or at training….
He will be out for around a month!
Thanks for the update :thumb:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Simon, chukwueze and Dennis will all start ahead of Kalu. He's too inconsistent to be a starter for SE. If you want to get the job done without any fancy stuff then Simon is the safe bet. The boy plays on both ends and actually works for the team, that's why his coaches and teamates love him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:25 am Simon, chukwueze and Dennis will all start ahead of Kalu. He's too inconsistent to be a starter for SE. If you want to get the job done without any fancy stuff then Simon is the safe bet. The boy plays on both ends and actually works for the team, that's why his coaches and teamates love him.
I agree with your assessment of Simon. His game has changed. He could do all the dribbling and show stuff that we see in Chukwueze or Kalu. The fact is that he has cut out most of those and has become far more consistent and is dedicated at both ends of the field. Unfortunately, it is now beginning to be misread as Simon not being good enough when compared to the road pleasers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Mr Shows wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 am Rohr recruits his m/f players based on his tactics. His formation is to have the power play in the m/f to be anchored by dynamic wingers who can cut in from the flanks and dimension the attacking play. This is complimented with full backs, as we saw in Jamiu Collins bombing forward to cause havoc in the final third (interestingly a positional play that cost us the first goal with Shehu out of position).

The middle of the park for Rohr is all about stability and shielding the back 4. Ndidi, Etebo, Aribo, Kingsley, Semi Ajayi all fit this bill. So it is players in this mould that Rohr will naturally look at.

We are packed on both flanks, that is why there is no rush to add Demola Lookman. The crown jewel is a creative attacking player to sit alongside Ndidi... That for me is the missing link.
Spot on with your analysis :clap: :clap: :agree: .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

My boy Dele Bashiru looking good. :thumbs: Is Rhor in contact with Lesley Ugochuwku? I would hate to lose that chap to France. His Uncle is Onyekachi Akpam.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ejaria scored twice for Reading as they beat league leaders Fulham away from home.

I still maintain he will give SE something different.

Bashiru looks to be developing as well.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont know who it was that tried to claim that Ejaria is not one of the top players in the championship, but that is an utter LIE.

Last season according to whoscored.

#2 in dribbles per game
#12 in key passes per game

#15 in Overall Rating
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Obinna Nwobodo is currently #1 in Turkey for tackles per match. Yet Rohr went for some pretender playing in Sweden.

People said Nwobodo is not a pure DM. But why do you need a "pure" DM when you can get a guy with high tackle rate along with extra technical and passing skills.

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with Rohr and his scouting team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm Obinna Nwobodo is currently #1 in Turkey for tackles per match. Yet Rohr went for some pretender playing in Sweden.

People said Nwobodo is not a pure DM. But why do you need a "pure" DM when you can get a guy with high tackle rate along with extra technical and passing skills.

You only wonder what is wrong with the SE scouting team becos you believe you are always right.
Have you ever considered you might be wrong, at least sometimes?
Have you considered that your judgement could be wrong a lot of the time?

Would you dare consider the possibility that your undoubted passion for the SE clouds your judgement?
Man mi, to every observer of your posts on this forum, it is very obvious.

I’d say no true fan calls it right more than half the time at best. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Mr Shows wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 am Rohr recruits his m/f players based on his tactics. His formation is to have the power play in the m/f to be anchored by dynamic wingers who can cut in from the flanks and dimension the attacking play. This is complimented with full backs, as we saw in Jamiu Collins bombing forward to cause havoc in the final third (interestingly a positional play that cost us the first goal with Shehu out of position).

The middle of the park for Rohr is all about stability and shielding the back 4. Ndidi, Etebo, Aribo, Kingsley, Semi Ajayi all fit this bill. So it is players in this mould that Rohr will naturally look at.

We are packed on both flanks, that is why there is no rush to add Demola Lookman. The crown jewel is a creative attacking player to sit alongside Ndidi... That for me is the missing link.
The missing link is Olise in 1/2 years that kid will rule. Cap him now he is not a starter
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Although they are decent players, the inclusion of Bonke and Michael was a surprise to me. Like others have said. If we're looking for a destroyer to deputize for Ndidi, I would pick Yusuf over Bonke. If you're looking for two way CMs, I would pick Ejaria, Nwobodo, Dele-Bashiru, and Nwakali over Micheal. These midfielders are all getting more playing time for their clubs than Michael.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm Obinna Nwobodo is currently #1 in Turkey for tackles per match. Yet Rohr went for some pretender playing in Sweden.

You only wonder what is wrong with the SE scouting team becos you believe you are always right.

Would you dare consider the possibility that your undoubted passion for the SE clouds your judgement?

Its the problem of a fan not understanding that for a coach, player selection is always about context. Context being the said player's fit within the existing tactical organization, and/or ability of such to expand it..

For instance, within Rohr's tactical setup atm, its easy to see there's room for a technical player behind Osimhen and of greater tactical balance than Iwobi. That player is more likely an Ebere Eze than Ejaria who is tactically clueless and lacks balance...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Have you ever seen Ejaria play?
txj wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:59 pm

Its the problem of a fan not understanding that for a coach, player selection is always about context. Context being the said player's fit within the existing tactical organization, and/or ability of such to expand it..

For instance, within Rohr's tactical setup atm, its easy to see there's room for a technical player behind Osimhen and of greater tactical balance than Iwobi. That player is more likely an Ebere Eze than Ejaria who is tactically clueless and lacks balance...