Which midfielders should make the World cup?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Which midfielders should make the World cup?

Post by txj »

olu wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 am Have you ever seen Ejaria play?
txj wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm Obinna Nwobodo is currently #1 in Turkey for tackles per match. Yet Rohr went for some pretender playing in Sweden.

People said Nwobodo is not a pure DM. But why do you need a "pure" DM when you can get a guy with high tackle rate along with extra technical and passing skills.

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with Rohr and his scouting team.
You only wonder what is wrong with the SE scouting team becos you believe you are always right.
Have you ever considered you might be wrong, at least sometimes?
Have you considered that your judgement could be wrong a lot of the time?

Would you dare consider the possibility that your undoubted passion for the SE clouds your judgement?
Man mi, to every observer of your posts on this forum, it is very obvious.

I’d say no true fan calls it right more than half the time at best. :oops:

Its the problem of a fan not understanding that for a coach, player selection is always about context. Context being the said player's fit within the existing tactical organization, and/or ability of such to expand it..

For instance, within Rohr's tactical setup atm, its easy to see there's room for a technical player behind Osimhen and of greater tactical balance than Iwobi. That player is more likely an Ebere Eze than Ejaria who is tactically clueless and lacks balance...

Yes; going back to his academy days at LFC.

Have you seen him play?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bonke reprising same role for SE in CL
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:18 pm Bonke reprising same role for SE in CL
:rotf:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Whats up with Yusuf? Is he injured?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:15 am Whats up with Yusuf? Is he injured?
Yes.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Well Etebo is officially out of the afcon with injury.

Expect Rohr to fill his place with Bonke or another defender.

The opportunities this angel* has had to look at new midfield options and squandered just boggles my mind.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

The Next Jay Jay Okocha :taunt: :taunt:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Southhampton FC has a Nigerian-British midfielder in their first team. Nathan Adewale Temitayo Tella (born 5 July 1999). He started his career at Arsenal.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

balo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 pm Southhampton FC has a Nigerian-British midfielder in their first team. Nathan Adewale Temitayo Tella (born 5 July 1999). He started his career at Arsenal.
Old news.
He has been discussed here several times.

Not a bad player but he doesn't seem to be generating much interest with fans or our national team scouts and coaches.
Goes to show you how silly the whingers are when they claim that all you need is to play in England for you to get a SE call-up.
Dem beaucoup like that for here. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:05 pm Well Etebo is officially out of the afcon with injury.

Expect Rohr to fill his place with Bonke or another defender.

The opportunities this angel* has had to look at new midfield options and squandered just boggles my mind.
Dude relax with the curse words, do you have anger issues? na wa ooo
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm
balo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 pm Southhampton FC has a Nigerian-British midfielder in their first team. Nathan Adewale Temitayo Tella (born 5 July 1999). He started his career at Arsenal.
Old news.

Not a bad player but he doesn't seem to be generating much interest with fans or our national team scouts and coaches.
Goes to show you how silly the whingers are when they claim that all you need is to play in England for you to get a SE call-up.

Only learned about him because I am watching the #CHESOU game right now.

Thanks for the heads up.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Old news.

He's on the radar but hasn't done enough to this point to warrant anything close to a call-up.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rapheal Nwadike of Mijitland is another one to watch out for. I think he could be the key.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ANC wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:08 am have you qualified for WC?
Very good question
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:36 am Rapheal Nwadike of Mijitland is another one to watch out for. I think he could be the key.
Who the feck is that?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:36 am Rapheal Nwadike of Mijitland is another one to watch out for. I think he could be the key.
Very good player. He has seamlessly filled Frank Onyeka’s shoes at Midtjylland. Plus he's only scratching the surface, as he has bags of potential.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:39 pm
Old news.

He's on the radar but hasn't done enough to this point to warrant anything close to a call-up.
With every new player that secures a position in the squad, the bar is set slightly higher for anyone trying to get in.
Once upon a time, players like Onyekuru, Simy, Ozonwafor would be sure starters in the SE.
However, I still believe that our CD is our weakest link at the moment and cannot wait for Akpoguma to finally show what he is made of.
By the way, I haven't seen him in any of the team's camp videos or pictures.
I hope he hasn't changed his mind and headed back to Germany :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "