WE ARE 2 WINS AWAY FROM THE FINAL PLAYOFF ROUND

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
WE ARE 2 WINS AWAY FROM THE FINAL PLAYOFF ROUND

Post by Adisboy »

Yesterday's win was very crucial for our World Cup progress. I have watched all the matches in our group so far and clearly we have played the 2 strongest teams in the group. CAR are clearly the weakest. I knew things were going our way when the 1st game in our group between CAR & Cape Verde ended 1-1. Cape Verde were completely dominant in that game and when they scored it looked like it was going to be a white wash. But after loads of guilt-edged misses and a goal keeping error (seems to be Cape Verde's trade mark in these qualifiers), CAR equalised and survived the remaining minutes. In their match with Liberia, Liberia were marginally the better side and duly won in what was an away game for Liberia.

Going by what i have witnessed, it is more than likely that we are taking 6 points from our 2 matches with CAR, and at least one of those matches would be a thrashing. Mind you, CAR's home games are played in Douala, Cameroun and on an excellent pitch. In the first game against Cape Verde there was torrential rain throughout the game and unlike the Teslim Balogun pitch, the Douala pitch held up perfectly. No ponds, no heavy balls, I was astonished. Meanwhile as we are playing them, Liberia & Cape Verde are cancelling themselves out. I willing to bet that once again we will qualify from the group with 2 games to spare. Up Rohr
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: WE ARE 2 WINS AWAY FROM THE FINAL PLAYOFF ROUND

Post by Tobi17 »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:36 am Yesterday's win was very crucial for our World Cup progress. I have watched all the matches in our group so far and clearly we have played the 2 strongest teams in the group. CAR are clearly the weakest. I knew things were going our way when the 1st game in our group between CAR & Cape Verde ended 1-1. Cape Verde were completely dominant in that game and when they scored it looked like it was going to be a white wash. But after loads of guilt-edged misses and a goal keeping error (seems to be Cape Verde's trade mark in these qualifiers), CAR equalised and survived the remaining minutes. In their match with Liberia, Liberia were marginally the better side and duly won in what was an away game for Liberia.

Going by what i have witnessed, it is more than likely that we are taking 6 points from our 2 matches with CAR, and at least one of those matches would be a thrashing. Mind you, CAR's home games are played in Douala, Cameroun and on an excellent pitch. In the first game against Cape Verde there was torrential rain throughout the game and unlike the Teslim Balogun pitch, the Douala pitch held up perfectly. No ponds, no heavy balls, I was astonished. Meanwhile as we are playing them, Liberia & Cape Verde are cancelling themselves out. I willing to bet that once again we will qualify from the group with 2 games to spare. Up Rohr
On a random note, how come the likes of Algeria, Cameroon, CIV and Senegal were able to retain their key players even though most of the top players from these teams are recognizably UK based and should be affected by the covid restrictions? We pretty much had it way tougher cause we took a vastly depleted squad to contend with a very tricky Cape Verdean team (for context we lined up a makeshift midfield, defense and even attack) against a decent side rearing for a major upset!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:47 am
Adisboy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:36 am Yesterday's win was very crucial for our World Cup progress. I have watched all the matches in our group so far and clearly we have played the 2 strongest teams in the group. CAR are clearly the weakest. I knew things were going our way when the 1st game in our group between CAR & Cape Verde ended 1-1. Cape Verde were completely dominant in that game and when they scored it looked like it was going to be a white wash. But after loads of guilt-edged misses and a goal keeping error (seems to be Cape Verde's trade mark in these qualifiers), CAR equalised and survived the remaining minutes. In their match with Liberia, Liberia were marginally the better side and duly won in what was an away game for Liberia.

On a random note, how come the likes of Algeria, Cameroon, CIV and Senegal were able to retain their key players even though most of the top players from these teams are recognizably UK based and should be affected by the covid restrictions? We pretty much had it way tougher cause we took a vastly depleted squad to contend with a very tricky Cape Verdean team (for context we lined up a makeshift midfield, defense and even attack) against a decent side rearing for a major upset!
The highlighted is because the countries that they played both matches in were in the UK's amber list not red list. Example, if things stay the same we would have full compliments of our players in the next 2 games against CAR as Nigeria & Cameroon (where CAR currently play their home games) are in the amber list.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:58 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:47 am

The highlighted is because the countries that they played both matches in were in the UK's amber list not red list. Example, if things stay the same we would have full compliments of our players in the next 2 games against CAR as Nigeria & Cameroon (where CAR currently play their home games) are in the amber list.
Ok makes sense now, thanks for the clarification :clap: