Chidera Ejuke: "The thing you dey find go Sokoto..."

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chidera Ejuke: "The thing you dey find go Sokoto..."

Post by Damunk »

Any new thoughts?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ejuke

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:45 pm Ejuke stats in Russia according to whoscored

#10 ranked player in the league
2 goals and 2 assists top of league is 8 goals and 4 assists
#1 for dribbles per match
#64 for key passes per match
The stats tell the full story. Most telling Stat is his league ranking even though Russia is not a top league. No 10 ranking is still very good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:50 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 pm Love or hate him, what a player! A winger/forward of the authentic Nigerian wingplay DNA. A disruptive player to the opposing and to some extent his own team.

Yes, the defense was tiring when he came on but he still did his job,they had no answers for him. His game is obviously not polished yet at 23yrs old but what he is now is a world class dribbler who needs to learn how to use his bag of tricks. Once he does, the boy will be a Barca,PSG, Mac City type talent. He could also be avpius Ikeda if he doesn't.

I'm happy we have him.
Not been able to watch the match yet but I’ve been a fan and agree with everything you say.
I started a thread on him last week, asking whether he could be converted to a central playmaker over time.

All the criticisms of him were probably levelled at Okocha at the same stage of his career.
He just needs a coach to harness and channel his skills, like you say.
The boy is special. I think we should play 2 DM behind him and let him be the No 10. It's a high risk high reward proposition, of he delivers we'll have world class AM. Limiting his to the wings is not the best way to allow him to thrive. He needs the free role.
I think Iwobi may trump him overall. Iwobi isn't bad at driving forward, but is much better at picking out passes, and he can dribble too.

Depends on our opponent tbh.

If we play minnows who bunker I would definately want Ejuke on the pitch, but against stronger teams I think I'd prefer Iwobi with Ejuke being an impact sub.

Could they play together, interchanging in central and wide roles. This of course would be in a 433. I wouldn't trust EJuke as a wingback in a 352
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

good size, excellent balance, great dribbling technique, questionable decision-making and team play. 10/10 will play Iwobi ahead of him. But i like his exciting play, old school Naija dribbler that has not been overcoached by European robotic coaches.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ejuke will definitely excel as a CAM if we play him through the middle in that 352 formation, but on the basis of decision making and better delivery of key passes... Iwobi remains ahead of him in that creative role.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:52 pm Any new thoughts?
Play him as a CAM through the middle, he and Iwobi are our natural play-makers right now... but Chidera needs to improve on his decision making cause he has all the right tools we need to unlock teams that will play the low block against us.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:40 pm His best position is LW plain and simple....
WRONG.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:08 pm Ejuke will definitely excel as a CAM if we play him through the middle in that 352 formation, but on the basis of decision making and better delivery of key passes... Iwobi remains ahead of him in that creative role.
He is a must in our 23

He can be backup to Iwobi at #10 but also a wing option, whether starting or on the bench.

Against Cape Verde he showed that he put in the defensive workrate
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

He runs with the ball until he is gassed. Not sure that kind of game will age well. You got to use your teammates more. 1 - 2 football more efficient. If no road, it's oK to to pull back until your teammates join in. Ability to take on three players yourself is a great skill to have but one that should only be used as last option possible. His type of current game will create alot of disjointed team play and makes his team vulnerable to a counter. Strategic ball possession is an important part of the game.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:40 pm His best position is LW plain and simple....
WRONG.
Indeed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:56 pm He has to learn when to stop dribbling and try to find a pass or shot. It’s quite frustrating watching him beat one and two and still try for 3 and 4 without even looking up to see if there is anybody free to pass to.
Lol. He still hasn’t changed one bit though in fairness, your post was 1 month ago. But I tire for am.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Sure, Ejuke is another Okocha in the making, but holding on the the ball too long
is not beneficial to team play. Also he may be courting injury if playing against the likes of Rudiger.
Did anyone notice how his dribbling runs end into a cul-de-sac? If this lad ever learn to
play mostly 'one-touch' football, he will be sought after by every big club.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

His best position is a free role supporting (behind) a lone striker almost like Madison plays for Leicester City. He needs freedom and his energy is useful defensively.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why are you people so bent on his dribbling? No one cries when Neymar, Messi, Mbape, Salah all dribbles. You have a skillful player and you folks are crying about his best assets. The guy came in and took a load off the SE...we need ball carriers that can help against park the bus teams. This guy can only get better
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:12 pm
His best position is a free role supporting (behind) a lone striker almost like Madison plays for Leicester City. He needs freedom and his energy is useful defensively.
Yeap he looks very good there. Playing him behind Vic or kele
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Absolutely agreed you the first time, todays game confirms your pov. I always toyed with the idea. Ejuke just needs to add the element of bringing others into play especially in those advance positions.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:49 pm Why are you people so bent on his dribbling? No one cries when Neymar, Messi, Mbape, Salah all dribbles. You have a skillful player and you folks are crying about his best assets. The guy came in and took a load off the SE...we need ball carriers that can help against park the bus teams. This guy can only get better
:thumb:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

DIMKA76 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 pm
Absolutely agreed you the first time, todays game confirms your pov. I always toyed with the idea. Ejuke just needs to add the element of bringing others into play especially in those advance positions.
I KPOM this statement!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I would like to see more of him. His selfish play can be counter productive.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

So when Chukwueze returns to fitness and the likes of Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo also return...will Rohr drill adopt the 352 for the next two games? I really want to see Chukwueze or Ejuke been tried in that CAM role.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:12 pm

I very seriously doubt it. He does not have the game intelligence to play there.

He's not a player who puts his technical abilities in service of the team game; does not have the head's up vision to see movement around him or the decision making to time his runs and his releases appropriately.

He's best in the wide role coming centrally, esp as a change of pace option from the bench...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:04 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 pm
I KPOM this statement!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Good to hear from like minded formers.
With regard to Ejuke. What Ejuke likes and the role he plays in the SE are two different things. People need to understand that at this stage in his career, he needs a manager who sets out his brief clearly before each game and debriefs him after every game. Soon he'll imbibe these qualities to make him the rounded player we hope he becomes.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm So when Chukwueze returns to fitness and the likes of Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo also return...will Rohr drill adopt the 352 for the next two games? I really want to see Chukwueze or Ejuke been tried in that CAM role.
The conundrum is this

443 or 352

443 we can utilize our AM (Iwobi or EJuke) while also using the good wing forwards we have like Chukwueze, Ejuke, Kalu (hopefully Lookman) but here we dont use a second striker (Iheanacho)

with the 352 we can utilize a second striker but we get less play from our wing forwards.

I think the formation should depend on who is available and the opponents we play. Now that our best wing forward (chukwueze) is injured it makes sense to go with 352

I just never want to see 442 again. We have never really played well with this formation .