Has Musa's Captainship Served the Players Well? DISCUSS....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Has Musa's Captainship Served the Players Well? DISCUSS....

Post by Enugu II »

I have been thinking of this as follows and I hope you can chime in:

1. Is Musa's continued captainship beneficial to the NFF? Perhaps, it may have led to players not vehemently protesting the NFF indebtedness to the players. Think of the era of Mikel Obi, Vincent Enyeama, Sunday Oliseh, etc. Maybe, this laidback attitude of the players to this situation is due to their leadership.

2. Is it possible that the NFF is wary of the players' choice of replacement for Musa? Would that replacement be as agreeable? Will the fact that the replacement being groomed outside Nigeria more likely to be unacceptable to NFF shenanigans?

3. Or just maybe the players love Musa. Perhaps, he has been a uniting force in camp. Is it possible that without him, the camp will be split into various interest groups?

Just my quick thoughts at the moment. I raise them here for open discussion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Has Musa's Captainship Served the Players Well? DISCUSS....

Post by vancity eagle »

Musa time with SE needs to end.

NOW.

His presence is detrimental to our team and he is stealing the spot of somebody much more deserving.

That is the only thing that matters.

I have been saying this for the past 2 years. He has been nothing but piss poor, whether he was clubless or not.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Musa has no more to offer and should kindly retire with dignity!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:45 pm I have been thinking of this as follows and I hope you can chime in:

1. Is Musa's continued captainship beneficial to the NFF? Perhaps, it may have led to players not vehemently protesting the NFF indebtedness to the players. Think of the era of Mikel Obi, Vincent Enyeama, Sunday Oliseh, etc. Maybe, this laidback attitude of the players to this situation is due to their leadership.

2. Is it possible that the NFF is wary of the players' choice of replacement for Musa? Would that replacement be as agreeable? Will the fact that the replacement being groomed outside Nigeria more likely to be unacceptable to NFF shenanigans?

3. Or just maybe the players love Musa. Perhaps, he has been a uniting force in camp. Is it possible that without him, the camp will be split into various interest groups?

Prof, the Musa situation is a bit of a head scratcher.
Franky I have been looking for evidence of beef within the camp ....just the subtle signs that might suggest players are tired of him being forced on them for example. But I've not seen anything.
Maybe it is just the norm for players to accept whoever they find themselves on a team with.

I am also surprised that a good number of fans are not in sync with what we always assume to be the reflected norm on CE pages.

Post-match interviews with fans do not show the widespread discomfort with his inclusion that we read here on CE.
So I believe it is not simply a case of the NFF imposing him on Rohr and the team.
It might be that he is simply a really nice, humble guy who they all love and respect and serves a purpose on the team unseen and unknown to us fans. One thing we can all agree on him is that he carries no false airs around his space.

A recent video even showed players wishing him well on his '100th' cap. Fans the same thing.

So I'm a bit confused.
Personally though, I think he should be dropped from the team.
I'm pretty sure when that day comes, the team will give him a big send off.

And in general, I don't even think the team is "split".
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:22 pm Musa has no more to offer and should kindly retire with dignity!
He should. While the ovation is still quite loud.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk

Pinnick is on record boasting that he forced Rohr's hand to pick Musa on the team. This was when Rohr had dropped him for poor form.

There is no doubt the NFF is behind his inclusion, and I would say they were behind Iwuala as well

You dont choose players because they are "friendly" or "nice"

Clearly there is an agenda to make him Nigeria's all time cap leader.

On a completely different note, and I have no evidence for this, this is pure speculation but I believe that certain agents are pulling their weight to make sure their clients remain on the SE team. This could be true for guys like Musa, Shehu, possibly Simon. I believe this may be connected to the long delay in FIFA switch for certain players like Lookman and Ejaria. For if these superior players are in the mix, it will be hard for these agents to keep their players' spots on the team.

It is like certain players are being "protected" so that nobody takes their place. I dont know who benefits from this specifically, but it seems like it is going on, and the UK Covid rules has given us an opportunity to see players who would usually not get a look.

Rohr was asked about the FIFA changes of Lookman and Ejaria in that interview and he gave a politicians answer where he did not even answer the question, he gave a vague and ambiguous response, so I think something is going on.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:29 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:45 pm I have been thinking of this as follows and I hope you can chime in:

Prof, the Musa situation is a bit of a head scratcher.
Franky I have been looking for evidence of beef within the camp ....just the subtle signs that might suggest players are tired of him being forced on them for example. But I've not seen anything.
Maybe it is just the norm for players to accept whoever they find themselves on a team with.

I am also surprised that a good number of fans are not in sync with what we always assume to be the reflected norm on CE pages.

Post-match interviews with fans do not show the widespread discomfort with his inclusion that we read here on CE.
So I believe it is not simply a case of the NFF imposing him on Rohr and the team.
It might be that he is simply a really nice, humble guy who they all love and respect and serves a purpose on the team unseen and unknown to us fans. One thing we can all agree on him is that he carries no false airs around his space.

A recent video even showed players wishing him well on his '100th' cap. Fans the same thing.

So I'm a bit confused.
Personally though, I think he should be dropped from the team.
I'm pretty sure when that day comes, the team will give him a big send off.

And in general, I don't even think the team is "split".
Musa is not my favourite but his inclusion is not the aberration that certain noise makers (one is particularly loud) are making it to be. He has served Nigeria well and is clearly respected in the dressing room.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

EnuguII, for the sake of Nigerian football, say it with conviction. Musa's time to leave has since passed. There's no point in creating a role of "Peace Maker" or "Camp Commandant" for a player whose best days are long gone. If we are serious about Qatar 2022, Musa needs to be ushered out after the obligatory 100 caps. Rather painful watching a once-feared player running aimlessly around the pitch.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"