ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

dudu
Egg
Egg

Post by dudu »

Solowe wrote:
balo wrote:Is this the resurgence of the yoruba ballers or was it a case of our handlers not looking past their backyards? The same needs to be done in the Northern part of the country.

Buran Uba! (Sorry Abu)

Balo,

That is exactly my point.

There are a lot more Amokachis, babagidas and Garba lawals out there that are being overlooked or underdeveloped. If they dont get the same nuturing, support and positive reinforcement the southern players get, they are always going to be mediocre.

We dont really have a good scouting or football development programe anyway so its easy for a lot of players to fall thru the cracks
I do not believe in this ethnic bru ha ha, we all know the good players in Nigeria both at home and abroad, you dont need any scout per say to reveal them, when Aliyu Mohammed was making waves in Italy, no body gave a damn where he came from, we just wanted a Nigerian that plays good football thats all, if hin like make hin be Ijaw or Urhobo.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Post by Orion »

naija4ever wrote:The most annoying, wasteful and useless thread so far that can only be started by an ethnic retard. If u dont even know from the names of the Obinna and Ifeanyi that they igbos, why bother myself with attention seeking johnny miss road. Some are hailing ur idiocy and u r satisfied with it? AM sorry for u dude :evil: :evil: . This is my last response to this thread, so whatever ur repsonse would be, dont expect me to reply.
If u are that enlightened u will know that by now all these ethnic nonsense are outdated, if SE wins trophy the whole world knows its naija that won it not, igbo, yoruba, hausa or niger delta, so whats ur point? :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock:
And if you weren't that interested in all this ethnic talk why did you take the pain in pointing out those two guys were Igbo? You're not interested in their ethnicity right? Why go to all that effort?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti wrote:
waka-man wrote:I always say, regardless of Solowe's intentions (and I have no reason to suspect them), this is useful stuff.

If we are not developing talent in a whole swath of the country i.e. the north, that should be fixed ASAP. Is there some wicked goalie up in Sokoto we're missing because the scouts don't go up there.

You gotta use all your assets, and this makes me feel, we might not be using all ours.
WAKA (& SOLOWE):
Northern teams are involved (and therein scouted) in EVERY Nigerian national competition -- premier league (8 clubs), professional league (8 clubs), amateur league (several clubs), Shell Cup (secondary schools), National Sports Festival and Academicals (when it is contested). So there is apparently NO structural or institutional discrimination against talent of Northern origin.

Nevertheless, I think that there might well be a rational relationship between the reasons (cultural, professional, personal or otherwise) for the paucity of Nigerian players of Northern origin plying their wares abroad and the paucity of international-class players of Northen origin at the senior level, in a talent-rich Nigeria.
And honestly I feel even if we could get any good enough Northerner, he'd prolly be ferried off to what has consolidated as the hub of the game in Nigeria today-South East. The North may have been strong in history but that's history cos as long as the likes of Kalu, Odili etc still holds sway, the tendencies will still be that the best players will be playing for clubs in that area.

I can't imagine the donation of Bikes by Zamfara to the Sharia Boys as having any potential to usurp the scale now.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Solowe, you are incorrigible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I initially used to frown at Solowe's ethnic breakdown posts but even though I don't know his real motive, now I actually feel it is a crucial piece of information which if used the proper way would help us in the development of our football.

Information like this can help us identify sections of the country lacking in talents production or scouting and then we can begin to think of ways to improve it.

Disclaimer: this kind of information should only be used for grassroot development and in no way be used to determine team selection.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

AreaDaddy wrote:Solowe

Now wey you don post I know say game don dey. But man, after all these years you still no sabi pass Niger Delta!!!...Urhobo, Edo, Ishan, Kalabari, Ibibio all those ones no dey your vocab????

Anyway how you see my formation for the Game

--------------------Annang---------------

-------------Igbo---Yoruba---Igbo------

------Igbirra-----Idoma---Igbo---Yoruba------Nupe-----

--------------Edo-----AjeButter/import----------
Abeg leave Solowe o! He is trying. 2 years ago anybody to the East of Ondo was Igbo at least now he lumps them up together as Naija-Delta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Solowe is right. Musa Mohammed was the best player in the Trinadad and Tobago U17 team, but because he wasn't from Onigbinde's tribe he was never given a shot. This is my problem with our local coaches (except Amodu & Siasia). They may not do it on purpose (except in Onigbinde's case) ,but they are very tribalistic.

The Dolphins team that won 2004 NPL campionship had mostly Northern players, so Chukwu must not be doing a good job of scouting for them. There is blatant discrimination against Northern players, and we should stop making excuses for those that perpetrate this crime. If Amodu could find room for Northern players on the team, there was no reason why Onigbinde shouldn't have found room for them, and there is no reason why Chukwu is not finding room for them now. This must stop.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

airwolex wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Solowe

Now wey you don post I know say game don dey. But man, after all these years you still no sabi pass Niger Delta!!!...Urhobo, Edo, Ishan, Kalabari, Ibibio all those ones no dey your vocab????

Anyway how you see my formation for the Game

--------------------Annang---------------

-------------Igbo---Yoruba---Igbo------

------Igbirra-----Idoma---Igbo---Yoruba------Nupe-----

--------------Edo-----AjeButter/import----------
Abeg leave Solowe o! He is trying. 2 years ago anybody to the East of Ondo was Igbo at least now he lumps them up together as Naija-Delta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Post by airwolex »

Orion wrote:
naija4ever wrote:The most annoying, wasteful and useless thread so far that can only be started by an ethnic retard. If u dont even know from the names of the Obinna and Ifeanyi that they igbos, why bother myself with attention seeking johnny miss road. Some are hailing ur idiocy and u r satisfied with it? AM sorry for u dude :evil: :evil: . This is my last response to this thread, so whatever ur repsonse would be, dont expect me to reply.
If u are that enlightened u will know that by now all these ethnic nonsense are outdated, if SE wins trophy the whole world knows its naija that won it not, igbo, yoruba, hausa or niger delta, so whats ur point? :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock:
And if you weren't that interested in all this ethnic talk why did you take the pain in pointing out those two guys were Igbo? You're not interested in their ethnicity right? Why go to all that effort?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are all interested to an extent. As long as we don't go overboard or become ethnic warlords then its all good.

I think the time when alarm bells should start ringing is when you start to campaign for useless players to be included just because they are from your region or hate on others because they are not - that is indeed sad.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Babayaro is caucasian! He's white, just that...he's trapped in a black man's body. :roll:
Obinna
Egg
Egg

Post by Obinna »

I PREDICTED THAT THIS THREAD WILL REACH 4 PAGES.. HAHAH

HAHA

HOW ABOUT IT REACHING 6!!!
Owerri-Aba Road
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Well then let's work towards it! :lol: Post 1 of Project Six-Page!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

waka-man wrote:I always say, regardless of Solowe's intentions (and I have no reason to suspect them), this is useful stuff.

If we are not developing talent in a whole swath of the country i.e. the north, that should be fixed ASAP. Is there some wicked goalie up in Sokoto we're missing because the scouts don't go up there.

You gotta use all your assets, and this makes me feel, we might not be using all ours.
Exactly what is the main reason for not scouting up North? :roll:
Obinna
Egg
Egg

Post by Obinna »

POST 2 OF PROJECT SIX PAGE :lol:
Owerri-Aba Road
Abubakar
Egg
Egg

Post by Abubakar »

Solowe,

Oh my Solowe!

What can I say. But THANK YOU!!!

Now, I see a lot of you just jumping up and polluting ("tusa") the air with your insults and ignorant rants.

Let me tell you, there is no smoke without fire.

This is a legitimate problem. Some of you try to claim that there are few northerners playing professional soccer abroad and this is why there has been less of them in the team. My goodness!!! What happened to Mohammed Musa (T&T U-17)? What happened to Ibrahim (Ibro) Ndalla? What happend to Aliyu Datti? Guys, please stop the break-dance!

In the last 3 years Chukwu & his Southern cronies have taken the great SE through a high degree of experimentation with new players everyday. How they have not been able see the talents of the Mohammed's and the Ndalla's of this world really beats me.
Are they not supposed to be the same Nigerians like Ekwueme (the clubless man) and Chukwudi Nworgu (the great trialist).

Somebody even had the liver to argue that the majority of Musa Abdullahi's T&T team were southerners due to lack of talents in the North. Insults!!! Did Coach Musa pick his team? Was it not the southern mafias that picked that team? They were so desperate to put in the like's of Eromoigbe (a 37 years old man) in the place of budding young Northern talents. Thank God for Coach Musa Abdullahi. He had the guts to include some 4 northerners in that team. See what all these boys have done with themselves.

There is a problem in Nigeria and we must all admit it.

Buran Uba!
In the Abundance of Water, the Fool is Thirsty!
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

The scouts get beheaded and their headless bodies are sent back in boxes to the agencies and dogs come to the agencies with the heads in their mouths. :shock:

Post 3...
Abubakar
Egg
Egg

Post by Abubakar »

lowzeewee wrote:Babayaro is caucasian! He's white, just that...he's trapped in a black man's body. :roll:
Loweezeee,
You must be a fly in a gutter somewhere.

Babayaro is from Abagana in Njikoka Local Govt Area of the great Anambra State.

Buran Uba!
Abubakar
Egg
Egg

Post by Abubakar »

lowzeewee wrote:The scouts get beheaded and their headless bodies are sent back in boxes to the agencies and dogs come to the agencies with the heads in their mouths. :shock:

Post 3...
Lowezeee!!!
What are you implying?

You are a disgrace to your moda!

Buran Uba!
Chima
Egg
Egg

Post by Chima »

POST 3 OF PROJECT SIX PAGE

I still dey wait for the list of Northern players that should have been on the team list. :evil: :evil: :evil:
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Chima I already got the third post. So this one of mine is now the fifth of Project Six Page(PSP).

See as even GT doesn't dare to step into the North to check his up-and-coming stars of the inter-village league there. :shock: He would rather go to Timbuktu and Singapore! :lol:
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Abubakar wrote:
lowzeewee wrote:The scouts get beheaded and their headless bodies are sent back in boxes to the agencies and dogs come to the agencies with the heads in their mouths. :shock:

Post 3...
Lowezeee!!!
What are you implying?

You are a disgrace to your moda!

Buran Uba!
This is a formal request from me to you to stop throwing our families into the fray. Thanks.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

The North are trying as much as possible to keep their talents in Reserve awaiting any possible brake-up so they can use them very well against the rest of Nigeria and the rest of the world. :lol: :lol: :lol: typical way of preserving their natural resources.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti wrote:
Solowe wrote:Its amazing that a Northern coach like Abdulahi can find north talent good enough to almost win the u-17 WC while his southern couterpats only find token Northern players for their teams
Actually, the more relevant question is why the young prospects from the North have generally failed to make the transition that many of their Southern counterparts have made? The regional origin of Nigerian national coaches have nothing to do with why the likes of Aliyu-Dati, Haruna Babangida, Ibrahim Babangida, Rabiu Baita, Abubakar Balarabe, Hashimu Garba, Abubakar Musa, Suleiman Mohammed (who even failed trials in South Africa) has not made the successful transition to the senior level -- both at club and intenational levels.

And btw, Westerhoff did NOT "find" Tijani Babangida.
Gotti,

For every Northern player that couldn’t make that “transition”, 10 southern ones also fail to make the grade too. We could go through a whole slew of great southern hopes who didn’t make it either?? However, because southern players get to go out for trials in large numbers, they are more than likely to get picked up…It thus becomes a numbers game.

And you may ask how come a large number of southern players get to go overseas?? It’s simply because of access!

Access to the coaches, access to the NFA, access being on highly visible team or areas. The southern players get most of the easy access to the channels that can get them noticed. As an example, the easiest way for a player to get noticed is through one of the junior national teams. If the coaches and the NFA are primarily selecting southern players, those are the people who get visibility and expose to the next level game and ultimate will get noticed by scouts from all around the world.

Westerhoff may not have found TJ, but he certainly had a lot to do with his career move overseas.