IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A long long time ago. Amodu qualified us 2ce the WC in 2002 and 2010 . won Silver , 2 Bronzes at AFCON.. never lost a WCq... today we are celebrating the victories over the almighty CAPE VERDE...whereas AMODU was beating the crap out of ghana etc to qualify for the worldcup...winning home and away , left and right ..today enemies of progress are celebrating way below pars as achievements ...shame.. we cannot beat a top AFRICAN team... our levels today nah SALONE etc

this is what AMODU did to save the SE from WOWOS

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Get a job so you can at least buy a new computer to reach 500k posts.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What was done to Amodu was wrong.

But that was decades ago, I would hope we have learned lessons from back then.

You cannot fire a coach for qualifying for a worldcup from the group of death with a game to spare.

Then being 4 minutes from eliminating Argentina in another group of death.

Then winning Bronze at afcon, losing by a last minute freekick to Africa's undisputed best team who has broken undefeated records within Africa. All this after facing to qualify for the previous 2 tournaments.

The coach has more away victories than any previous coach.

Only a fool will fire a coach with such a record.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:19 pm A long long time ago. Amodu qualified us 2ce the WC in 2002 and 2010 . won Silver , 2 Bronzes at AFCON.. never lost a WCq... today we are celebrating the victories over the almighty CAPE VERDE...whereas AMODU was beating the crap out of ghana etc to qualify for the worldcup...winning home and away , left and right ..today enemies of progress are celebrating way below pars as achievements ...shame.. we cannot beat a top AFRICAN team... our levels today nah SALONE etc

Bigpokey24, please who do you have in mind for us to hire as a coach for our team?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Odas wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:47 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:19 pm A long long time ago. Amodu qualified us 2ce the WC in 2002 and 2010 . won Silver , 2 Bronzes at AFCON.. never lost a WCq... today we are celebrating the victories over the almighty CAPE VERDE...whereas AMODU was beating the crap out of ghana etc to qualify for the worldcup...winning home and away , left and right ..today enemies of progress are celebrating way below pars as achievements ...shame.. we cannot beat a top AFRICAN team... our levels today nah SALONE etc

Bigpokey24, please who do you have in mind for us to hire as a coach for our team?
Thank you! That is the exact question I was going to ask.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Finidi
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Finidi and Emmanuel Amunike
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:19 pm What was done to Amodu was wrong.

You cannot fire a coach for qualifying for a worldcup from the group of death with a game to spare.

Then winning Bronze at afcon, losing by a last minute freekick to Africa's undisputed best team who has broken undefeated records within Africa. All this after facing to qualify for the previous 2 tournaments.

No, our football administrators haven’t learnt a darned thing. While Keshi was scrambling his brains coaching against France in the second round of the World Cup, they were busy interviewing his would ne replacement❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ANC wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:26 am

What's Finidi's coaching experience? Which teams has he coached for you to hand over the fate of our senior national team to him just like that? let him start with the youth teams first... and I definitely agree Amunike deserves a chance, he's the most experienced of our local coaches right now... I see him as the man to take over when Rohr’s contract ends.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:44 am

What's Finidi's coaching experience? Which teams has he coached for you to hand over the fate of our senior national team to him just like that? let him start with the youth teams first... and I definitely agree Amunike deserves a chance, he's the most experienced of our local coaches right now... I see him as the man to take over when Rohr’s contract ends.
Gbam!. I am relieved no one mentioned Yobo. :D

Amunike deserves a chance for sure. I wish Oliseh didnt ditch the team in the manner he did. He also would have been a candidate for consideration.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:19 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:44 am

Gbam!. I am relieved no one mentioned Yobo. :D

Amunike deserves a chance for sure. I wish Oliseh didnt ditch the team in the manner he did. He also would have been a candidate for consideration.
How does Amuneke “deserve” a chance? On what basis?
Don’t get me wrong. I love the guy but that is just sentiment.
So what qualifies him to take charge of the Nigerian snr NT, other than the fact that he is a Nigerian?

In most professions, before you get hired not only do you have to show your qualifications and experience, you also have to account for any gaps in your CV.
So all sentiments aside, what has he been doing in the last two years?

Same with Finidi. Same with Oliseh.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 am
So what qualifies him to take charge of the Nigerian snr NT, other than the fact that he is a Nigerian?

In most professions, before you get hired not only do you have to show your qualifications and experience, you also have to account for any gaps in your CV.

Sentimental aside, what was Rohr doing before he got employed by the NFF?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

fabio wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 am

Good question! Most important thing is you also have to account for your achievements in the game. What exactly did Rohr achieve in his 20 yrs of coaching?...Amunike won the u17 and hisorically qualified Libya for the Anc, Keshi historically qualified tiny Togo for their first ever world cup, against all odds! All I remember is Rohr being sacked for underperformance at Gabon and Niger.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:50 am

Good question! Most important thing is you also have to account for your achievements in the game. What exactly did Rohr achieve in his 20 yrs of coaching?...Amunike won the u17 and hisorically qualified Libya for the Anc, Keshi historically qualified tiny Togo for their first ever world cup, against all odds! All I remember is Rohr being sacked for underperformance at Gabon and Niger.
First, get your facts right. It wasn’t Libya. It was Tanzania… but genuine mistake.

Uhm….but did I hear you say U17?
Guy, I think you’ve got your age grades mixed up.
We are talking of the next SE manager, not the Flying Eagles.

So be a brave guy and allow yourself to take a look at our beloved Amuneke’s managerial record in the ADULT game and tell us what is “deserving” of a shot with NIGERIA’s SENIOR NATIONAL TEAM, aka Super Eagles.

If in your opinion, Rohr was a mistake - and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion - then why do you want to repeat the same ‘mistake’ by hiring someone who’s coaching record is no better and is actually currently out of work and has been looking for a job for 2 years?
Ghen-Ghen!!!
No disrespect to Amuneke, but there is nothing ‘deserving’ to champion in that, Nigerian or no.
:idea: :idea: :idea:
You can’t eat your cake and have it.

Na una go first crucify the guy the moment he puts a foot wrong.
We know you Nigerians. :taunt:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohr also took Burkina Faso to 15th out of 16 teams in AfCon.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:19 pm What was done to Amodu was wrong.

Did you call out Amodu's sacking as wrong? I suspect that you didn't.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

To be fair he also took Bordeaux to the 1996 UEFA Cup final with a certain Zinedine Zidane.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 am

To be fair he also took Bordeaux to the 1996 UEFA Cup final with a certain Zinedine Zidane.
I don't think Gochino knows that otherwise he wouldnt have asked the question the way he did.
Now he knows, he will modify his position to "the last ten years" and that 1996 "was 25 years ago, not 20". :D

Point is, this anti-Rohr argument is only given legs by setting up strawmen, like anybody is saying he is "the best coach ever". :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is what we can afford and he is who we can attract.
Meanwhile, we don't have another Keshi waiting in the shadows and the best Nigerian candidates are just not doing enough to "deserve" the job.

I laugh at that word 'deserve". Let's not disrespect any Nigerian coach here but right now, nobody "deserves' anything.
You work and prove your mettle.

Its a no-brainer but the naysayers won't give up until they have their way and the next poor guy comes along to carry the cross on his shoulders.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

You do know that Ghana were pisspoor in those qualifiers. They finished 4th in a Group of 5 behind Liberia & Sudan. Amodu was fired because of people like you. I can remember people calling him "Danfo driver", saying he's not a coach, no tactics, ultra defensive, etc. Meanwhile, this same Amodu was winning games. They got their excuse when he lost the AFCON semi's narrowly on both occasions in 2002 & 2010 (the same trap being set for Rohr). The only hope Rohr has is that this board wouldn't not likely react in the same way due to possible contractual consequences. Both times Amodu was sacked, we subsequently had our worst World Cup performances - even in our easiest ever world cup group of 2010 - Argentina, Greece & South Korea. We should be very careful what we wish for.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 am

I don't think Gochino knows that otherwise he wouldnt have asked the question the way he did.
Now he knows, he will modify his position to "the last ten years" and that 1996 "was 25 years ago, not 20". :D

Point is, this anti-Rohr argument is only given legs by setting up strawmen, like anybody is saying he is "the best coach ever". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile, we don't have another Keshi waiting in the shadows and the best Nigerian candidates are just not doing enough to "deserve" the job.

I laugh at that word 'deserve". Let's not disrespect any Nigerian coach here but right now, nobody "deserves' anything.

Its a no-brainer but the naysayers won't give up until they have their way and the next poor guy comes along to carry the cross on his shoulders.
Which role did Rohr prove his mettle?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:19 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 am

Which role did Rohr prove his mettle?
Ah, sebi you said it was a mistake? :lol:
They should have given the job to a “deserving” Amuneke who had won the U17 World Cup 9 months before.
His greatest achievement till date.
:roll:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:00 am

You do know that Ghana were pisspoor in those qualifiers. They finished 4th in a Group of 5 behind Liberia & Sudan. Amodu was fired because of people like you. I can remember people calling him "Danfo driver", saying he's not a coach, no tactics, ultra defensive, etc. Meanwhile, this same Amodu was winning games. They got their excuse when he lost the AFCON semi's narrowly on both occasions in 2002 & 2010 (the same trap being set for Rohr). The only hope Rohr has is that this board wouldn't not likely react in the same way due to possible contractual consequences. Both times Amodu was sacked, we subsequently had our worst World Cup performances - even in our easiest ever world cup group of 2010 - Argentina, Greece & South Korea. We should be very careful what we wish for.
Thank you for reminding them ‘jare.
Some of us have been saying this for ever. The similarities are uncanny.
They’re all suddenly shedding crocodile tears for Amodu’s “unfair sacking” but are now pushing the exact same arguments with the race card as their joker in the pack.