Rohr has already spent 5 years.. (RSTV)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr has already spent 5 years.. (RSTV)

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 am Fact is Nigeria has the best set of quality players since the 1990s with countless players playing for top clubs. Rohr is expected to perform.
I believe it's too late to change him and the team has played well enough that he deserves a chance to prove himself at the AFCON and the World Cup. If he gets to the 1/4 final or further of the World Cup we should keep him.

Also: when is the last time we had players scoring 10+ goals in a top league? Meanwhile we have:
Terem Moffi
Victor Osimhen
Simy
Kelechi Iheanacho
plus Paul Onuachu with 35 goals last season in the Belgian league

And players like Dennis, Awoniyi and Sadiq with decent tallies.
What you say is right.
What they are saying about some other African teams is also right.
Don't be fooled that Nigeria is the only country that has the "best collection of players" in a generation. We plenti.

Take a quick look at some of the other African national squads. We are not alone.
Pound-for-pound, we don't necessarily have the "best" national collection in Africa.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Nope.
You leave a toxic relationship and don't need to hook up with anybody until you are ready, if ever.
In football, you sack one coach for another you've lined up almost immediately.
You can dispute tht if you like. :D

Na una go first abuse NFF for being ''clueless and incompetent" if they fail to have another in place but this is what you seem satisfied with all in the name of blind anti-Rohrism.

See why I say you like to project your 'emotional' argument onto others?
Who sacks a coach with no replacement in sight? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thanks for bringing emotions into the debate!

Coaches can be sacked and temporary appointments made, until a permanent replacement is found :!:

Don't be emotional :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm
marutimon wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 am Fact is Nigeria has the best set of quality players since the 1990s with countless players playing for top clubs. Rohr is expected to perform.
I believe it's too late to change him and the team has played well enough that he deserves a chance to prove himself at the AFCON and the World Cup. If he gets to the 1/4 final or further of the World Cup we should keep him.

Also: when is the last time we had players scoring 10+ goals in a top league? Meanwhile we have:
Terem Moffi
Victor Osimhen
Simy
Kelechi Iheanacho
plus Paul Onuachu with 35 goals last season in the Belgian league

And players like Dennis, Awoniyi and Sadiq with decent tallies.
What you say is right.
What they are saying about some other African teams is also right.
Don't be fooled that Nigeria is the only country that has the "best collection of players" in a generation. We plenti.

Take a quick look at some of the other African national squads. We are not alone.
Pound-for-pound, we don't necessarily have the "best" national collection in Africa.
Correct.

Nigeria, Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Ivory Coast, even Mali all have very strong squads ATM.

Even Ghana is starting to produce new talent again.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:35 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Nope.
You leave a toxic relationship and don't need to hook up with anybody until you are ready, if ever.
In football, you sack one coach for another you've lined up almost immediately.
You can dispute tht if you like. :D

Na una go first abuse NFF for being ''clueless and incompetent" if they fail to have another in place but this is what you seem satisfied with all in the name of blind anti-Rohrism.

See why I say you like to project your 'emotional' argument onto others?
Who sacks a coach with no replacement in sight? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thanks for bringing emotions into the debate!

Coaches can be sacked and temporary appointments made, until a permanent replacement is found :!:

Don't be emotional :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Fabiyoyo....so you'd rather risk the future of the SE by sacking the coach and appointing a "temporary" coach in the interim all for your emotional dislike for Rohr?

And when would you effect this sacking for a.... "temporary" coach? :D
Immediately?
December?
On the eve of the WC?

You see yet again what I mean when I say you are projecting your own emotionality onto others?
Who does that out of sheer beef? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:05 pm Fabiyoyo....so you'd rather risk the future of the SE by sacking the coach and appointing a "temporary" coach in the interim all for your emotional dislike for Rohr?

Immediately?
December?
On the eve of the WC?

You see yet again what I mean when I say you are projecting your own emotionality onto others?
Uncle Damunk, when I said you are emotional, you say, you are not :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Learn to discern among Rohr critic, don't tar all of us with the same brush.

When and where I have advocated Rohr sacking? Rohr is not good enough, deal with it!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:14 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:05 pm Fabiyoyo....so you'd rather risk the future of the SE by sacking the coach and appointing a "temporary" coach in the interim all for your emotional dislike for Rohr?

Immediately?
December?
On the eve of the WC?

Uncle Damunk, when I said you are emotional, you say, you are not :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Learn to discern among Rohr critic, don't tar all of us with the same brush.

When and where I have advocated Rohr sacking? Rohr is not good enough, deal with it!
You are all the same.
Just some are smarter than others.
You in particular are an expert in artful dodging and projection.
But we sabi you.

So say it now: "I, Fabiyoyo of CE, on this 19th day of Sept 2021, DO NOT support Rohr's sacking."

Then we can move to whether or not he is "good enough". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

fabio wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 am
joao wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am Realism is not the strong suit of those attacking Rohr, but then...
Just for the sake of it, I wish those asking for a Rohr's replacement can name three possible candidates
one of who would be able to steer the SE in a better direction, and how to finance his requirements.

What will this new face be able to bring to the SE, and will he be able to tolerate and deal with the BS
Rohr have been facing?
If these 'change prophets' cannot articulate their desire for a new coach, they should just chill.
That's like saying... One should not leave a toxic relationship, until one finds a new partner.
Your argument is too soft, and begging the question. Please try something better.
As for your 'continuing a toxic relationship until you find a new partner' take, I say
watch out as the grass in not always greener on the other side. And don't forget, a bird in
hand is worth twenty in the bush.
Cheers Bro!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:33 am
joao wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am Realism is not the strong suit of those attacking Rohr, but then...
Just for the sake of it, I wish those asking for a Rohr's replacement can name three possible candidates
one of who would be able to steer the SE in a better direction, and how to finance his requirements.
What will this new face be able to bring to the SE, and will he be able to tolerate and deal with the BS
Rohr have been facing?
If these 'change prophets' cannot articulate their desire for a new coach, they should just chill.
Forget it.
They have told us already:
1. Amuneke
2. Finidi, and
3. One ‘fantastic’ coach like that who’s name they have forgotten.

Oh…and since Rohr is “being paid too much” it seems they intend paying his replacement far less whilst at the same time shedding crocodile tears for the way our local coaches are “not being treated fairly”.

You get the joke now? :P
You keep making this silly argument in defense of ****.

You don't need to know of a replacement to see that the current coach is not a coach for a team with any ambition of competing with the best in the world. There's nothing innovative about his methods or his style that will make you think he is capable of transforming the team.

What you keep going on and on about in defense of **** is akin to the parable of the talent. You are that servant who buries his talent for fear of losing it... and the resulting wrath of his master.

The problem I see is that of expectation. **** has lowered it enough for you guys that you are just pleased to just compete...attend competitions, avoid being 'disgraced' and collect your participation trophy.

What makes us Naijarians and Naijaria is that we don't believe, act or accept being timid or positions reserved only for indigenes. We have been conditioned by this below-average coach to accept that we are mediocre just like him.

You and your paddies are best being insurance adjusters or accountants... or even Arsenal fans. Holding onto mistakes for the sake of not being called impetuous.
Again, we all have different aspirations or dreams... some of yous just like being ordinary. And some believe the world is out there to be taken.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I don't like Rohr, and I think he's a poor coach.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Really? Joao, you surely must think that Rohr is some heaven sent.

People can name tons and not just three coaches. You seem to forget Rohr was a nondescript coach when he was plucked to manage Nigeria. There are tons of coaches who fit that very description all over the place -- Nigeria, Africa, everywhere. There is nothing exactly earthshaking in Rohr's resume beside his achievements with Nigeria. Then even his achievement with Nigeria has not been exactly earthshaking. May I remind you that we are discussing N-I-G-E-R-I-A and not Burkina Faso here.

In my view, Rohr is just a middling-level manager. Nothing more, nothing less. He has met the bare minimum which has kept him on the job. However, that bear minimum will and shall not be enough too keep him there after this contract. He either does better or he will be let go. That is a fact.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:29 am
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

People can name tons and not just three coaches. You seem to forget Rohr was a nondescript coach when he was plucked to manage Nigeria. There are tons of coaches who fit that very description all over the place -- Nigeria, Africa, everywhere. There is nothing exactly earthshaking in Rohr's resume beside his achievements with Nigeria. Then even his achievement with Nigeria has not been exactly earthshaking. May I remind you that we are discussing N-I-G-E-R-I-A and not Burkina Faso here.

In my view, Rohr is just a middling-level manager. Nothing more, nothing less. He has met the bare minimum which has kept him on the job. However, that bear minimum will and shall not be enough too keep him there after this contract. He either does better or he will be let go. That is a fact.
Prof, but all this has barely ever been in dispute nah.
Straw men everywhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So for your records as well as amusement, here is the STRAWMAN FC first eleven (plus substitute), complete with positions and squad numbers.
Always fit, willing and able to go at the blast of the whistle.
Just so you are familiar with the team. :D

’DEEPER’ THE CHEAPER KEEPER
“Rohr is Oyibo, so let him be”. - STRAWMAN (1)

A-B-F ’BACKMEN’
“Rohr is Nigeria’s earthshaking, best ever coach”. - STRAWMAN (2)
“Rohr can do no wrong because he was sent from heaven”. - STRAWMAN (3)
“Rohr has achieved what no other coach has achieved”. - STRAWMAN (4)
“Rohr is a most brilliant coach”. - STRAWMAN (5)
“Rohr should remain coach even in failure” - STRAWMAN (6)

MIDFIELD MESSIS & MARADONAS
“Rohr should not look at NPFL players” - STRAWMAN (7)
“Rohr should be treated better than local coaches”. - STRAWMAN (8)
“Rohrmen hate local coaches and would rather die than ever have one in charge”. - STRAWMAN (9)
“Rohrmen ridicule Keshi and disrespect his achievements”. - STRAWMAN (10)

DEADLY CENTRAL ATTACKERS:
“Rohrmen are satisfied simply ‘marking register’ at AFCON and the WC”. - STRAWMAN (11)
“Rohrmen lack ambition, are underachievers and love ordinariness”. - STRAWMAN (12)

So…
Is there any real argument ever being brought up?
There must be a reason why these straw men are permanently on the playing field.
The answer is simple:
Without these straw men, the Anti-Rohr Society of Enraged Supporters has no case and can’t compete.

They should calm down, wait for Rohr to begin to fail first, or simply bring someone better.
Short of that, all these f@ckusations should cease with immediate effect.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 pm I don't like Rohr, and I think he's a poor coach.
That's nothing new. Every coach Nigeria ever hired was called a poor coach without exceptions. Westerhoff, Bonfere & Keshi only became good coaches after they won trophies. Incidentally the ones that have never coached the SE or have somehow been overlooked are constantly considered as much better coaches and the ones that will win the AFCON ever cycle. As i said nothing new, na Nigerians we be.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 pm
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 pm I don't like Rohr, and I think he's a poor coach.
That's nothing new. Every coach Nigeria ever hired was called a poor coach without exceptions. Westerhoff, Bonfere & Keshi only became good coaches after they won trophies. Incidentally the ones that have never coached the SE or have somehow been overlooked are constantly considered as much better coaches and the ones that will win the AFCON ever cycle. As i said nothing new, na Nigerians we be.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Absolutely right.
20/20 Vision!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

BTW, you missed the KING of strawman and I list them below:

1. That Nigeria has won 3 AFCONs.....Rohr has won zilch.

2. Nigeria has reached the final 16 of the World Cup three times .... none involved Rohr.

3. That the achievements above involved multiple coaches, Nigerian and expatriates .... none named Rohr.

4. That Rohr has not achieved nothing special as a national team coach before he came to Nigeria........n I w we are being to that to re po lace him will take a camel passing through the needle's eye.

Now let's examine the logic of #4 above.

Let me add that we will so write about Rohr winning or drawing friendly internationals - Brazil, Argentina. LOL. Well, I also know Amodu won one of those against France and Keshi tied Italy. They were also friendlies. They ain't trophies.

Rohr knows that only winning the AFCON and moving beyond the opening round of the World Cup will keep jim on his Nigerian job. Not reaching those milestones will lead to see you later. That is very clear. The NFF will act or they will follow suit.

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:00 am
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Prof, but all this has barely ever been in dispute nah.
Straw men everywhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So for your records as well as amusement, here is the STRAWMAN FC first eleven (plus substitute), complete with positions and squad numbers.
Always fit, willing and able to go at the blast of the whistle.
Just so you are familiar with the team. :D

’DEEPER’ THE CHEAPER KEEPER
“Rohr is Oyibo, so let him be”. - STRAWMAN (1)

A-B-F ’BACKMEN’
“Rohr is Nigeria’s earthshaking, best ever coach”. - STRAWMAN (2)
“Rohr can do no wrong because he was sent from heaven”. - STRAWMAN (3)
“Rohr has achieved what no other coach has achieved”. - STRAWMAN (4)
“Rohr is a most brilliant coach”. - STRAWMAN (5)
“Rohr should remain coach even in failure” - STRAWMAN (6)

MIDFIELD MESSIS & MARADONAS
“Rohr should not look at NPFL players” - STRAWMAN (7)
“Rohr should be treated better than local coaches”. - STRAWMAN (8)
“Rohrmen hate local coaches and would rather die than ever have one in charge”. - STRAWMAN (9)
“Rohrmen ridicule Keshi and disrespect his achievements”. - STRAWMAN (10)

DEADLY CENTRAL ATTACKERS:
“Rohrmen are satisfied simply ‘marking register’ at AFCON and the WC”. - STRAWMAN (11)
“Rohrmen lack ambition, are underachievers and love ordinariness”. - STRAWMAN (12)

So…
Is there any real argument ever being brought up?
There must be a reason why these straw men are permanently on the playing field.
The answer is simple:
Without these straw men, the Anti-Rohr Society of Enraged Supporters has no case and can’t compete.

They should calm down, wait for Rohr to begin to fail first, or simply bring someone better.
Short of that, all these f@ckusations should cease with immediate effect.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Enugu II, my statement is not an endorsement of Rohr but a pointer on the realities facing our SE.
If we can't pay Rohr on time, and add to that the way we handle things, how can we attract serious coaches
to our cause? People can dream and lament all they want, but reality informs that we got what we deserve.

My question still stands, as to which dream coaching candidate can we attract under the current situation?
Cheers!!1
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:04 am
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Enugu II, my statement is not an endorsement of Rohr but a pointer on the realities facing our SE.
If we can't pay Rohr on time, and add to that the way we handle things, how can we attract serious coaches
to our cause? People can dream and lament all they want, but reality informs that we got what we deserve.

My question still stands, as to which dream coaching candidate can we attract under the current situation?
Cheers!!1
Joao,

My apologies. I did not think that you endorsed Rohr outrightly. However, the statement you made makes it seems tough to replace Rohr. Here are the key points that I make clear.

1. Rohr is not outstanding that it will be difficult to replace him.

2. Nothing in Rohr's record pre-SE and at SE makes him difficult to replace.

3. If you follow Nigeria's record closely, there are multiple coaches both local and foreign that have achieved similar to Rohr or even better. Look at even the maligned Eguavoen. He won a bronze at AFCON (Rohr has not done better) and he had no opportunity to take Nigeria through a WCQ for us to compare. You look at his winning percentage overall and it is strikingly similar to Rohr's. Yet, not many here rate Eguavoen. I am not even mentioning several that achieved much more than Rohr has done in Nigeria.

4. Now on replacements -- for starters Emmanuel Amuneke has shown that he can do no worse than Rohr and perhaps he may even be better. He won the U-17 WC with Nigeria. He took Tanzania to an AFCON, a competition to which Tanzania had not qualified for in decades. Rohr had no similar achievements. Rohr was piss poor wherever he has been. In Nigeria, he has been middling at best. Here, I am comparing Rohr's records at those places with coaches who coached in those same spots. In essence., Amuneke will do no worse! My only reservation with Amuneke is that he does not seem like a guy who will last long at a place because of the style he introduces. he tends to have his players work 110% with relentless pressure on the ball. It is an exciting brand of football and not the bland stuff we have become accustomed to with Rohr. However, Amunelke's style but wears fast on veteran-type players who dislike playing at such frenetic pace. That is my only reservation. Further Sunday Oliseh has indicated interest in returning to the job. These are just two Nigerians available and likely to take the job and none of those two can take a back seat to Rohr. I have not mentioned Augustine Eguavoen or even those coaching locally. In terms of expatriates we have Herve Renard who has long aspired to coach Nigeria, there is Micho Srejedovic (although has faced some charges), and there are others as average as Rohr when we hired him.

Now have I not yet named more than the three you thought was difficult to find? The bottomline is that to replace Rohr (specifically him and his current record) is a piece of cake.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:06 pm
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Cheers!!1
Joao,

My apologies. I did not think that you endorsed Rohr outrightly. However, the statement you made makes it seems tough to replace Rohr. Here are the key points that I make clear.

3. If you follow Nigeria's record closely, there are multiple coaches both local and foreign that have achieved similar to Rohr or even better. Look at even the maligned Eguavoen. He won a bronze at AFCON (Rohr has not done better) and he had no opportunity to take Nigeria through a WCQ for us to compare. You look at his winning percentage overall and it is strikingly similar to Rohr's. Yet, not many here rate Eguavoen. I am not even mentioning several that achieved much more than Rohr has done in Nigeria.

4. Now on replacements -- for starters Emmanuel Amuneke has shown that he can do no worse than Rohr and perhaps he may even be better. He won the U-17 WC with Nigeria. He took Tanzania to an AFCON, a competition to which Tanzania had not qualified for in decades. Rohr had no similar achievements. Rohr was piss poor wherever he has been. In Nigeria, he has been middling at best. Here, I am comparing Rohr's records at those places with coaches who coached in those same spots. In essence., Amuneke will do no worse! My only reservation with Amuneke is that he does not seem like a guy who will last long at a place because of the style he introduces. he tends to have his players work 110% with relentless pressure on the ball. It is an exciting brand of football and not the bland stuff we have become accustomed to with Rohr. However, Amunelke's style but wears fast on veteran-type players who dislike playing at such frenetic pace. That is my only reservation. Further Sunday Oliseh has indicated interest in returning to the job. These are just two Nigerians available and likely to take the job and none of those two can take a back seat to Rohr. I have not mentioned Augustine Eguavoen or even those coaching locally. In terms of expatriates we have Herve Renard who has long aspired to coach Nigeria, there is Micho Srejedovic (although has faced some charges), and there are others as average as Rohr when we hired him.

Now have I not yet named more than the three you thought was difficult to find? The bottomline is that to replace Rohr (specifically him and his current record) is a piece of cake.
Thanks E.II, for your perspective on the issue.
Your points are well taken, but our realities with regards finances, disguised pragmatism that belies individual or group interests,
(to name a few points), are issues that are impeding progress. What with high placed NFF officials, going around acting and ranting
about their foreign club fandoms, or fantasizing on creating situations that require large amount of funds while not creative about
increasing local interests in their sport, thus helping generate more local funds?
Also we cannot discard the negative actions of some of us even on this site. Most of us suggest ready made players and coaches with
the mindset of overnight success, while showing no patience for a gradual build-up of talent and a competitive formula.

All said, I would always prefer a competitive minded team of administrators, coaches, and players,
that will eventually produce a winning team, while acknowledging fully, the endeavor we are engaged.
Cheers Bro!!!

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Cheers!!1
Joao,

Prof, a truly formidable list of achievers you have named here! :D

Amuneke
Oliseh
Eguavon
Renard
Srejedovic.

Just to be sure, I checked their CVs and was…blown away! :oops:

With all due respect, this is a case for ‘replacing for replacement’s sake’
I thought we needed an upgrade on ‘the failure’ called Rohr according to popular sentiment. Not a replacement of like for like, or worse.
Then what befalls these brilliant new coaches when they don’t achieve AFCON gold at the first attempt? Another sacking?

Renard who has at best a half ‘decent’ CV just turned down the Bafana Bafana job saying he was “very happy” in Saudi.

The rest? Hmmm.
- U17 WC and worst team at the last AFCON
- Poor man-management skills demonstrated time and time again, at home and away.
- A Mexico humbling, the latest in a nondescript collection of performances with the Olympic team and the SE as makeshift manager
- Waka-waka coach, with a ‘Rohr-esque’ record…kind of.

So how are any of these an upgrade?
Or are we planning on replacing like with like for reasons best known to the very emotional and less pragmatic Anti-Rohr Society of Enraged Supporters?
Kindly advise because it seems you are proving my point and making a case against my Strawman no 6.
Has Rohr failed? Is he about to?
Why would you want to replace him with any of these… ‘interesting’ guys, two (possibly three) of whom have strangely been out of work for two years and counting?
And when will this even be sef?

And as you rightly pointed out earlier, this is our beloved Super Eagles of Nigeria we are talking about, not the Eagles of Mali or the Hawks of Togo.
So how would this be progress?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:13 am
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Cheers!!1
Joao,

Amuneke
Oliseh
Eguavon
Renard
Srejedovic.

I thought we needed an upgrade on ‘the failure’ called Rohr according to popular sentiment. Not a replacement of like for like, or worse.
Then what befalls these brilliant new coaches when they don’t achieve AFCON gold at the first attempt? Another sacking?

Renard who has at best a half ‘decent’ CV just turned down the Bafana Bafana job saying he was “very happy” in Saudi.

The rest? Hmmm.
- Poor man-management skills demonstrated time and time again, at home and away.
- A Mexico humbling, the latest in a nondescript collection of performances with the Olympic team and the SE as makeshift manager

Or are we planning on replacing like with like for reasons best known to the very emotional and less pragmatic Anti-Rohr Society of Enraged Supporters?
Kindly advise because it seems you are proving my point and making a case against my Strawman no 6.
Why would you want to replace him with any of these… ‘interesting’ guys, two (possibly three) of whom have strangely been out of work for two years and counting?

And as you rightly pointed out earlier, this is our beloved Super Eagles of Nigeria we are talking about, not the Eagles of Mali or the Hawks of Togo.
Damunk

Several of those listed have achieved far more than Rohr did before he was hired. That is exactly the point.

Theoretically, therefore, one would expect them to achieve more than Rohr is currently doing with a highly talented team called the Super Eagles. That is precisely y the logic.

For easy comparison, compare their current record to Rohr's achievements before Rohr was hired to manage Nigeria. Thst should tell you want you need to know.

Damunk, may ask whether in your strident haste to defend Rohr you have suddenly forgot that Renard actually won an AFCON? Was that just an oversight or was is something you wanted to sweep under the carpet?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:07 pm
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Cheers!!1
Joao,

Amuneke
Oliseh
Eguavon
Renard
Srejedovic.

The rest? Hmmm.

Damunk

Several of those listed have achieved far more than Rohr did before he was hired. That is exactly the point.

Theoretically, therefore, one would expect them to achieve more than Rohr is currently doing with a highly talented team called the Super Eagles. That is precisely y the logic.

For easy comparison, compare their current record to Rohr's achievements before Rohr was hired to manage Nigeria. Thst should tell you want you need to know.

Damunk, may ask whether in your strident haste to defend Rohr you have suddenly forgot that Renard actually won an AFCON? Was that just an oversight or was is something you wanted to sweep under the carpet?
Prof why do you assume that anyone with a counter argument is “defending Rohr”?
That presumes then that you are “attacking” him.
Is that the case? Are you attacking him?
We can have a difference of opinion over a character without anyone “attacking” or “defending the person.

You even say in my “strident haste”. That’s a bit OTT don’t you think? :D
I, like many, am just giving the other side of the argument which you guys believe is “emotional”, but you guys are the ones that have not made a factual case for dismissing this guy, but more a very emotional one. A case not based on current performance, but things like the ‘Nigerian style’, the ‘Golden bronze’ and his “six years in office (or is it seven self?) with nothing to show for it” :lol:
All buttressed of course by the straw men arguments that I listed earlier.

Despite all that, I’ve never felt you guys are ‘attacking’ the guy, so why would you believe that every contested point amounts to “a strident defence” of him?
This is precisely why I commented earlier that people now feel the need to first clarify their position before saying anything positive about Rohr, lest they be hounded and accused of being less logical, or less intelligent, or less ambitious, or of low self esteem, or lovers of “The White Man” or whatever.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:58 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:07 pm
Rohr have been facing?
Christ have mercy!

Cheers!!1
Joao,

Amuneke
Oliseh
Eguavon
Renard
Srejedovic.

The rest? Hmmm.

Damunk

Prof why do you assume that anyone with a counter argument is “defending Rohr”?
We can have a difference of opinion over a character without anyone “attacking” or “defending the person.

I, like many, am just giving the other side of the argument which you guys believe is “emotional”, but you guys are the ones that have not made a factual case for dismissing this guy, but more a very emotional one. A case not based on current performance, but things like the ‘Nigerian style’, the ‘Golden bronze’ and his “six years in office (or is it seven self?) with nothing to show for it” :lol:

Despite all that, I’ve never felt you guys are ‘attacking’ the guy, so why would you believe that every contested point amounts to “a strident defence” of him?
This is precisely why I commented earlier that people now feel the need to first clarify their position before saying anything positive about Rohr, lest they be hounded and accused of being less logical, or less intelligent, or less ambitious, or of low self esteem, or lovers of “The White Man” or whatever.
Damunk,

Do those same assumptions not apply to you? Why do you think that those who attack Rohr's record do not have a genuine reason for doing so? In fact, from. my position, I actually think that I am neutral and that you are not. How about that view?

Why have you claimed that those listed as achieving more than Rohr are not infact better achievers? Why have you selectively picked a few and focused on them? You conveniently neglect the fact that Renard was named because it does not fit your narrative that those selected are better achievers than Rohr? Or was Renard not mentioned? Why did you conveniently neglect the fact that he was named? These are questions you need to address if you seek the high ground of being an impartial observer. You cannot seek such a high ground when in fact your position does not indicate that value of a high ground.

Better still, can you show us the indices that you may have used to indicate that Rohr is better achiever than Renard?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:07 pm Damunk
Several of those listed have achieved far more than Rohr did before he was hired. That is exactly the point
Such as?
Renner, I have already described as ‘decent’ but is not available and recently turned down South Africa.
So hiring him is not the ‘piece of cake’ you describe.

You can’t possibly claim that Amuneke’s record, or Eguavon’s surpass Rohr’s. Fear God nah. :rotf:
Oliseh…
Which achievements again?

The Sjevencho guy is no different from Rohr. Can’t see what is supposedly “better” in him that’ll make a difference. He’s been around though, for sure.
That’s a supposition which is neither here nor there. You wouldn’t throw away what you already have in hand and start all over again for a very unproven replacement based on theory alone.
You wouldn’t hire the Ghanaian or Cameroonian U17 World Cup-winning coach that ‘carried last’ in AFCON to coach the SE.
You absolutely know that. Never!
For easy comparison, compare their current record to Rohr's achievements before Rohr was hired to manage Nigeria. Thst should tell you want you need to know
That’s what I am struggling to see.
And why “before” Rohr took over the SE?
Is that a subtle acknowledgement that he has improved his CV during his tenure with the SE? :taunt:
Answered already, first paragraph of my initial response.
Did you not see it? :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:38 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:58 pm Prof why do you assume that anyone with a counter argument is “defending Rohr”?

Damunk,

Do those same assumptions not apply to you? Why do you think that those who attack Rohr's record do not have a genuine reason for doing so? In fact, from. my position, I actually think that I am neutral and that you are not. How about that view?

Why have you claimed that those listed as achieving more than Rohr are not infact better achievers? Why have you selectively picked a few and focused on them? You conveniently neglect the fact that Renard was named because it does not fit your narrative that those selected are better achievers than Rohr? Or was Renard not mentioned? Why did you conveniently neglect the fact that he was named? These are questions you need to address if you seek the high ground of being an impartial observer. You cannot seek such a high ground when in fact your position does not indicate that value of a high ground.

Better still, can you show us the indices that you may have used to indicate that Rohr is better achiever than Renard?
Prof you have jumped the gun based on your prejudices.
My response was getting too long so I decided to address your recommendations separately, not because I was ‘dodging’ your question or as you unfairly presume, it “doesn’t fit my narrative”. Prof, you know me better than that.
I don’t dodge.
Kindly see my response above, which is simply an expansion on the response you were not satisfied with.

MEANWHILE I have never accused or assumed anyone is “attacking” Rohr.
I said that already.
Couldn’t have made it clearer.
You make your case, I make mine. Simple.

But you have accused me of ‘defending’.
You defend against an attack so it is quite logical for me to wonder whether you are actually on the attack.
No? :D