Rohr has already spent 5 years.. (RSTV)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr has already spent 5 years.. (RSTV)

Post by Purity »

My weekend show on FIFA world cup qualifiers and Rivers United in Caf Chamions league.. Rohr fit stay another 4 years..

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

How many years was Westerhoff in charge?

I recall Westerhoff winning Afcon. His team playing with Swagger. The standards are lower in 2021 oompared to 1994. I fear for the future. Imagine the continual erosion of standards.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:32 pm How many years was Westerhoff in charge?

I recall Westerhoff winning Afcon. His team playing with Swagger. The standards are lower in 2021 oompared to 1994. I fear for the future. Imagine the continual erosion of standards.
Westerhoff won AFCON on his THIRD ATTEMPT.

I recall Rohr only coaching ONE attempt, or did I miss 2 tournaments.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Rohr has already soent 5 years.. (RSTV)

Post by Cellular »

Purity wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:07 pm My weekend show on FIFA world cup qualifiers and Rivers United in Caf Chamions league.. Rohr fit stay another 4 years..

Bia, why you dey shout? You no get sound engineer?

You dey yarn like how una dey shout for phone.

We are here with you ooo. We no dey China or Maiduguri. :D :taunt:

Ps., nice show. :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

5 years! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When is our next learning expedition? Na primary 6 we dey go now? here to learn, there to learn, always to learn. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

No vex.. My engineers make me vex.. lol
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

dude is really shouting , nah fight?... the audio nah wah 😂.. your guest is funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm not a Rohr fan, but I actually thing holding on to a coach long term is good. Give him till World Cup 2022 and then change him, if he can;t deliver.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr has already spent 5 years.. (RSTV)

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
All over the forum, posters are having to clarify their positions first:
“I’m not a Rohr fan, but…”

The Rohr haters don really bully una, una nor fit speak your mind freely again.
O ma se o… :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marutimon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:02 pm I'm not a Rohr fan, but I actually thing holding on to a coach long term is good. Give him till World Cup 2022 and then change him, if he can;t deliver.
Please dont follow this rule in your life. Thus us extremely bad advise that have sent many battered women to their graves and investors to the poor house. Holding on to anything, long-term, just for the sake of longevity is almost always a bad idea. There are other good reasons to hold on to something long-term.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

marutimon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:02 pm I'm not a Rohr fan, but I actually thing holding on to a coach long term is good. Give him till World Cup 2022 and then change him, if he can;t deliver.
True! You hold on to something of value and that thing should have the potential to improve or explode in a positive way, example, Bitcoin...Does the 70 year old Rohr look like a coach that has the potential to improve in the future?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Anyone who compares Rohr's 5 years to Westerhoff's 5 years is not serious. Firstly, In Westerhoff's 5 years there were 3 AFCONs & 2 World Cups (1990 & 1994) that took place. In our usual confused reasoning we decided to drop Paul Hamilton who was handling the team throughout the qualifiers for the 1990 and we were sitting top of the group, deciding to get Westerhoff to immediately take over the team in a game we needed a draw away to Cameroon to qualify for the final play-off stage. We ended up losing that game and missing out on that World Cup and then Westerhoff starting again from scratch. In Rohr's 5 years there has been only 1 World Cup & 1 AFCON. We were already eliminated from the 2017 AFCON when Rohr took over. Secondly, 2020 can effectively be written off as there were only 2 competitive matches played the whole year due to covid, something Westerhoff never experienced.

It's also a fact that Westerhoff won his AFCON on the 3rd attempt, but he left formidable team behind and that was due to the years he spent building the team. In 2022 Rohr will be prosecuting his 2nd AFCON and likely his 2nd World Cup and like Westerhoff, nobody can argue that the team his building will not still be competitive long after he's left. We should just allow him complete these then we can have a more justified evaluation of his period. He has barely 15 months left, so haters will get their way soon.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

What result will be classified as 'Can't Deliver' ?

That's something that is NOT clear to me/.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think it shows objectivity if you can say something positive about him even if you are not a fan. Unless you all want us to be like Lolly. Rohr has often been underwhelming, but his team is doing the business right now.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:29 am

I think it shows objectivity if you can say something positive about him even if you are not a fan. Unless you all want us to be like Lolly. Rohr has often been underwhelming, but his team is doing the business right now.
Chief, no one needs to first clarify their position on Rohr before they state their opinion.
It sounds almost apologetic.
It’s like, “don’t crucify me for saying something positive about him because I am no fan of his, but…”
Not necessary.
“I’m not a Nigerian, but not all Nigerians are scammers” :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 pm
Please dont follow this rule in your life. Thus us extremely bad advise that have sent many battered women to their graves and investors to the poor house. Holding on to anything, long-term, just for the sake of longevity is almost always a bad idea. There are other good reasons to hold on to something long-term.
DaMunkey, are you listening? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:15 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 pm
DaMunkey, are you listening? :D
Changing anything “just for the sake of changing is almost always a bad idea”.
You don’t keep changing your wife because you don’t like the taste of her oha soup.

So teacher, don’t teach me nonsense with bad ‘advise’. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Realism is not the strong suit of those attacking Rohr, but then...
Just for the sake of it, I wish those asking for a Rohr's replacement can name three possible candidates
one of who would be able to steer the SE in a better direction, and how to finance his requirements.
What will this new face be able to bring to the SE, and will he be able to tolerate and deal with the BS
Rohr have been facing?
If these 'change prophets' cannot articulate their desire for a new coach, they should just chill.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am Realism is not the strong suit of those attacking Rohr, but then...
Just for the sake of it, I wish those asking for a Rohr's replacement can name three possible candidates
one of who would be able to steer the SE in a better direction, and how to finance his requirements.
What will this new face be able to bring to the SE, and will he be able to tolerate and deal with the BS
Rohr have been facing?
If these 'change prophets' cannot articulate their desire for a new coach, they should just chill.
Forget it.
They have told us already:
1. Amuneke
2. Finidi, and
3. One ‘fantastic’ coach like that who’s name they have forgotten.

Oh…and since Rohr is “being paid too much” it seems they intend paying his replacement far less whilst at the same time shedding crocodile tears for the way our local coaches are “not being treated fairly”.

You get the joke now? :P
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Fact is Nigeria has the best set of quality players since the 1990s with countless players playing for top clubs. Rohr is expected to perform.
I believe it's too late to change him and the team has played well enough that he deserves a chance to prove himself at the AFCON and the World Cup. If he gets to the 1/4 final or further of the World Cup we should keep him.

Also: when is the last time we had players scoring 10+ goals in a top league? Meanwhile we have:
Terem Moffi
Victor Osimhen
Simy
Kelechi Iheanacho
plus Paul Onuachu with 35 goals last season in the Belgian league

And players like Dennis, Awoniyi and Sadiq with decent tallies.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:56 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:29 am

Chief, no one needs to first clarify their position on Rohr before they state their opinion.
It sounds almost apologetic.
It’s like, “don’t crucify me for saying something positive about him because I am no fan of his, but…”
Not necessary.
“I’m not a Nigerian, but not all Nigerians are scammers” :rotf:
Clarifying one's position can help others to gauge your objectivity. In your example, a Nigerian is more likely to be taken as biased than a non-Nigerian. In the same vein, confirming your bias before a statement can help to show your objectivity (e.g. if I am commenting on a debate about my brother). It is absolutely necessary.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

joao wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am Realism is not the strong suit of those attacking Rohr, but then...

Rohr have been facing?
That's like saying... One should not leave a toxic relationship, until one finds a new partner.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 am

Rohr have been facing?
That's like saying... One should not leave a toxic relationship, until one finds a new partner.
Nope.
You leave a toxic relationship and don't need to hook up with anybody until you are ready, if ever.
In football, you sack one coach for another you've lined up almost immediately.
You can dispute tht if you like. :D

Na una go first abuse NFF for being ''clueless and incompetent" if they fail to have another in place but this is what you seem satisfied with all in the name of blind anti-Rohrism.

See why I say you like to project your 'emotional' argument onto others?
Who sacks a coach with no replacement in sight? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: