Bonke vs Juventus

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Bonke vs Juventus

Post by Bigpokey24 »

live and direct at 2pm
30Diarra Diawara
32Berget
15Ahmedhodzic
24Nielsen
31Brorsson
5Rieks
20Innocent
10Christiansen
7Rakip
19Birmancevic
9Colak
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Bonke vs Juventus

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am waiting for the new excuse **** will come up with stating we do not have players playing in the champs league
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:11 pm I am waiting for the new excuse **** will come up with stating we do not have players playing in the champs league
Come….are you not the same person whingeing upandan that our players are featuring in ‘shytty’ clubs?
Weytin dey do you? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Samu isn't 100% yet according to Una. another SE in the champs league. i am still waiting for the excuses . I am sure more will start tomorrow
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

One of my main issues with Rohr and also NFF is that they think one is only good enough if they play in the EPL. Of course they marginally look at other leagues, but they are too EPLcentric.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

How is brick-layer Bonke doing?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:31 pm How is brick-layer Bonke doing?
He is doing crap.
HB are off season, but how is he better than every HB; Rohr is full of it.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Oguleftie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm
He is doing crap.
Who is this player called HB? :???:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He is doing crap.
I no wan talk am before they say im hating lol. Simple passes under no pressure he was misplacing them, hopefully it was just a poor game...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Terrible player, the fact that Rohr even considers this guy an understudy to Ndidi worries me
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:35 am Terrible player, the fact that Rohr even considers this guy an understudy to Ndidi worries me
I was confused when I read that Rohr was singing his praises after the Cape Verde match.

Kingsley Michael was much more impressive.

I did not see anything special from Bonke, but some were waxing lyrical about how he broke up plays and dominated the midfield.

Did I miss something ? I haven't yet watched the match a second time but I still think it is criminal to invite this guy over Alhassan, even if they don't play the exact same position.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:51 am
He is doing crap.
I no wan talk am before they say im hating lol. Simple passes under no pressure he was misplacing them, hopefully it was just a poor game...
I thought he was poor in his passing against cape verde
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Maybe he had a bad game. It happens My issue with **** is he will keep inviting Bonke instead of giving the likes of Alhassan and Nwobodo a chance.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:35 am Terrible player, the fact that Rohr even considers this guy an understudy to Ndidi worries me
He's not terrible. He is just a solid professional who served his role as emergency depth when he was needed. At the current time Oghenekaro Etebo, Frank Onyeka and Semi Ajayi are Ndidi's backups in the national team. It remains to be seen what Rohr will do with Bonke, if at all he has any further plans for him. Don't believe everything you read in the media.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:56 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:51 am
He is doing crap.
I thought he was poor in his passing against cape verde
Well a poor couple of games…or maybe he’s just po….nah no way esp. since **** praised him…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Thank goodness I wasn’t seeing things during that Cape Verde game. I witnessed a player that can’t play football and hasn’t mastered the basic fundamentals of the game. He was simply kicking I thought is was in response to the Cape Verde’s physical game but seeing him against Juv confirms that how he plays.

Nigeria were lucky to have played a poor team like Cape Verde on a poor field using such a player. I hate to think what would have happened if we had played on a better field against a better opposition. Those who claimed he dominated midfield and was in ‘beast mode’ whatever that means do not mean well for Nigeria.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 pm Thank goodness I wasn’t seeing things during that Cape Verde game. I witnessed a player that can’t play football and hasn’t mastered the basic fundamentals of the game. He was simply kicking I thought is was in response to the Cape Verde’s physical game but seeing him against Juv confirms that how he plays.

Nigeria were lucky to have played a poor team like Cape Verde on a poor field using such a player. I hate to think what would have happened if we had played on a better field against a better opposition. Those who claimed he dominated midfield and was in ‘beast mode’ whatever that means do not mean well for Nigeria.
They claim he dominated and Omeruo/Awaziem combo (who were barely troubled) had a crap game. I was shocked but ok…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Did anyone actually watch the Malmo - Juve game and have some feedback as to how Bonke played?? Tackles/Positioning/Passing?

Did he just look completely out of place?

Couldn't watch it live but the replay is available on Paramount and I hope to watch it soon.....
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

do not pay attention to the naysayers. He had a decent game,. The gulf in class was huge between juve and Malmo( this same Malmo eliminated Aribo and Balogun's Rangers). This was Malmo's only 3rd ever champs league run
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 pm

do not pay attention to the naysayers. He had a decent game,. The gulf in class was huge between juve and Malmo( this same Malmo eliminated Aribo and Balogun's Rangers). This was Malmo's only 3rd ever champs league run
Oga make it make sense for me, so Bonke was exempted from this gulf in class or he was part of it? If he was part of it then how are you saying anything different? Abi you wan tell us he was in beast mode again a la ****?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i never said such. they were outclassed and he did the simple stuff. I see nothing wrong in the bobo playing for Malmo. He is part of our pool of players and will not start when the big guns are available . however folks are exaggerating here
SuperEagles

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

So I watched the Malmo - Juv replay with emphasis on our boy

Apparently, he was touch and go for this game because he had picked up a knock prior, so this being my first time watching him I couldn't tell if he was playing within himself or not.

Malmo lined up with a midfield 3 with Bonke nominal position being the right side coming up against Rabiot and Alex Sandro.

It's clear his responsibility is to snuff out attacks, he hardly came anywhere near Juve's box and i thought his positioning was generally good always showing for passes and looking to keep things moving with a safe, short pass.

I've heard his long range shooting is good but I didn't see any evidence of that in this game.....

The few times he tried anything long range, it didn't get to the intended recipient. He's efficient enough with positioning not to have to make last ditch tackles, in fact no tackles in his 75 mins....

He kept close tabs on Rabiot when Juve had possession, most of the danger came from the other side where Cuadrado was causing all kinds of issues. He assisted Alex Sandro for the first goal....Bonke was in the box at the time

This was a level above what Malmo are used to (same as Chelsea) and I want to see him vs Zenit in the next round

Right now we don't have a like for like backup for Ndidi, Etebo is not a real DM and neither is Onyeka at least not for Brentford

I'd like to see more of him but after the CV game where he was clearly nervous, this was more encouraging....
tedder89 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:07 pm Did anyone actually watch the Malmo - Juve game and have some feedback as to how Bonke played?? Tackles/Positioning/Passing?

Did he just look completely out of place?

Couldn't watch it live but the replay is available on Paramount and I hope to watch it soon.....

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Malmo vs Zenit

More of the same for Bonke in the first half; tidy without ever really dominating midfield