Pinnick provides an update on Super Eagles and Rohr’s salaries

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The players haven’t received their match bonuses for months, while the coaches are owed a backlog of salaries, but it has now been settled, according to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has revealed that the federation has paid the Super Eagles players their match bonuses, while the coaching department led by Gernot Rohr will receive all outstanding wages soon.

Pinnick revealed this at the official announcement of the partnership between the NFF and Baba Ijebu, who are now the official gaming partner for all national teams.
The Super Eagles haven’t received their match bonuses since the beginning of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, while the coaches haven’t been paid for months.

Although that hasn’t stopped the players from fulfilling their duties, Rangers star Leon Balogun recently complained about the Federation’s treatment of the players and coaches.

Meanwhile, the NFF has also signed deals with MTN as the official communication partner of the national teams, while Airpeace is now the airline carrier for the national teams.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/09/pinnick-pr ... aries.html
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick provides an update on Super Eagles and Rohr’s salaries

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But Nigerians want Eze,Lookman,Tomori,Micheal Olise and who ever else to leave the comfort of their organised professional environment for this mess.My hat goes off to all those that have served Nigeria despite its limitations!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

They shouldn't come if they dont have the passion to play for Naija without bonuses!

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:21 pm But Nigerians want Eze,Lookman,Tomori,Micheal Olise and who ever else to leave the comfort of their organised professional environment for this mess.My hat goes off to all those that have served Nigeria despite its limitations!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Why stop there?

Why don't you look for a coach that has "passion to coach Naija" without salary....
Cmoke wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:13 pm They shouldn't come if they dont have the passion to play for Naija without bonuses!

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:21 pm But Nigerians want Eze,Lookman,Tomori,Micheal Olise and who ever else to leave the comfort of their organised professional environment for this mess.My hat goes off to all those that have served Nigeria despite its limitations!
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Cmoke wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:13 pm They shouldn't come if they dont have the passion to play for Naija without bonuses!

Forget the pesky bonus it’s stressful,there’s footage of arguments in gyms playing on pitches out of the late 70s that not even non league clubs in Scotland have to bear the chairman knocks on your dads door and boasts that you’ll play for Nigeria without any official agreement then talks for hours about bonuses the night before a game,come on.I love the Super Eagles but it’s not a good look and I doubt they want to be a part of it especially when Nigerian fans believe that winning a World Cup is around the corner ignoring the he fact that their FA is completely amateur.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm

Forget the pesky bonus it’s stressful,there’s footage of arguments in gyms playing on pitches out of the late 70s that not even non league clubs in Scotland don’t have to bear the chairman knocks on your dads door and boasts that you’ll play for Nigeria without any official agreement then talks for hours about bonuses the night before a game,come on.I love the Super Eagles but it’s not a good look and I doubt they want to be a part of it especially when Nigerian fans believe that winning a World Cup is around the corner ignoring the fact that their FA is completely amateur.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:19 am

Forget the pesky bonus it’s stressful,there’s footage of arguments in gyms playing on pitches out of the late 70s that not even non league clubs in Scotland have to bear the chairman knocks on your dads door and boasts that you’ll play for Nigeria without any official agreement then talks for hours about bonuses the night before a game,come on.I love the Super Eagles but it’s not a good look and I doubt they want to be a part of it especially when Nigerian fans believe that winning a World Cup is around the corner ignoring the fact that their FA is completely amateur.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:19 am

Forget the pesky bonus it’s stressful,there’s footage of arguments in gyms playing on pitches out of the late 70s that not even non league clubs in Scotland have to bear the chairman knocks on your dads door and boasts that you’ll play for Nigeria without any official agreement then talks for hours about bonuses the night before a game,come on.I love the Super Eagles but it’s not a good look and I doubt they want to be a part of it especially when Nigerian fans believe that winning a World Cup is around the corner ignoring the fact that their FA is completely amateur.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Why is this man working for free?

Make im resign na.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Why would he leave 9 months salary on the table; would you??

It's a bargaining chip because dumb Peak Milk will have to think twice about sacking him; especially since he doesn't have the money to pay him

A trip to CAS will provide a ruling in Rohr's favor with interest......
Cellular wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:31 pm Why is this man working for free?

Make im resign na.

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

“ while the coaching department led by Gernot Rohr will receive all outstanding wages soon”

Soon na next next year…say around June
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I don’t know which is worse; your dishonest thoughtless comments on the situation or the shortcomings
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Make im resign na.
...why are you not paying him?
Why did you contract him?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

@Iworo thanks for this

Rohr signed with NFF, not Aiteo
If he goes to CAS for restitution na NFF that’s liable
iworo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:49 pm

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

tedder89 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 pm @Iworo thanks for this

Rohr signed with NFF, not Aiteo
If he goes to CAS for restitution na NFF that’s liable
iworo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:49 pm
You're welcome. :agree: :agree:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mcal wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:49 am

Make im resign na.
...why are you not paying him?
Why did you contract him?
You missed his point. That’s one of the criticisms of local SE coaches on this forum. The inference being that they aren’t pushing for their salary because they make money off being player agents.