our Kele and Ndidi vs our Osimhen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: our Kele and Ndidi vs our Osimhen

Post by Bigpokey24 »

to be honest it was a cracking game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:54 pm
Robotnik wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:51 pm This is not the Osimhen I used to know.
Awoniyi, Moffi and Nacho are ahead of Osimhen right now truth be told... no doubt Osimhen will remain the # 1 man in the SE... but he badly needs competition
:D

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Embarrassing
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: My 9!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

watching Nigerians ball like this , dey always sweet my belle no be small
SuperEagles

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Nice finish to the game by Victor! If he can add composure to his game! Oh boy! We might have a true gem...
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Robotnik wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:51 pm This is not the Osimhen I used to know.
Awoniyi, Moffi and Nacho are ahead of Osimhen right now truth be told... no doubt Osimhen will remain the # 1 man in the SE... but he badly needs competition
He has competition! His competitors just can't dislodge him. Hence, his position.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

From your mouth to God's ears...this kid is truly special
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:47 pm
olu wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:46 pm I like the fact that Osimhen is being more confident and taking more shots. I think he's finding a good balance on when to pass and when to shoot. He was rushing his shots in the first half, but settled down in the second.
That there is a sign of CONFIDENCE! Please God keep him injury free. We have a few trophies ahead of us with this kid.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

highbury wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 pm
bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:41 pm
olu wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 pm Osimhen is playing well. His strength is running down the flanks/channels. He just needs to work on his runs down the middle to be more complete and be more composed in the box. That last miss was a bad one
On current form, Moffi is ahead of him.
Tufiakwa with your bad belle. Even you sef know say that its a lie :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It was a great finish to the game by Vic. But to be fair, at the time I made that post it, he was taking wayward shots and didn't look good at all. Just based on the "eye test" I still think Moffi is the better finisher of the two. Just my opinion.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:54 pm Nice finish to the game by Victor! If he can add composure to his game! Oh boy! We might have a true gem...
You still continue to lie to yourself. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We don't " might" have a true gem," We already have a true gem
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Victor Osimhen is the real deal guys...real talk
SuperEagles

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 pm
olu wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 pm Osimhen is playing well. His strength is running down the flanks/channels. He just needs to work on his runs down the middle to be more complete and be more composed in the box. That last miss was a bad one
Tufiakwa with your bad belle. Even you sef know say that its a lie :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It was a great finish to the game by Vic. But to be fair, at the time I made that post it, he was taking wayward shots and didn't look good at all. Just based on the "eye test" I still think Moffi is the better finisher of the two. Just my opinion.
How u made a eye test feel like a fact… next time don’t rush to vomit rubbish….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Kai!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Foot in mouth disease on full display.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

A good game but Leicester midfield was none existent. Ndidi did not have a good game and the Leicester defense was so, so susceptible to counters today.

On another note, the ref was a bit unkind to Leicester. That tackle on Nacho was definitely a takedown❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Any video of the game?

Some of us have gaddem jobs and can't watch games smack dab in the middle of the day on a work day. We are not all bigpokey and kongi that ain't gat not gaddem jobs.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kelechi can definitely be the answer to our creative midfield dilemma, he was superb today playing the #10 role for Leicester and his assist for their second goal was equally as sublime. I reckon he can grow into that type of player and role for the NT
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

By the way, Napoli is much, much improved from last season❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Leicester vs Napoli 2-2: Sumptuous Osimhen Cancels Two-Goal Deficit

There is a new leader in Napoli and his name is Victor Osimhen, as the Nigerian striker bagged a brace at the King Power Stadium on Thursday night to cancel a two-goal lead for Leicester in the Europa League Group C opener.
Napoli approached their trip to Leicester with the right mindset but the Foxes managed to punish every single mistake the Partenopei made, lifting themselves to a 2-0 lead with goals from Ayoze Pérez and Harvey Barnes before Osimhen would help his side to storm back and deliver a precious point to the visitors.

For his Europa League overture, Luciano Spalletti made a few changes compared to his winning effort against Juventus on Saturday. Amir Rrhamani replaced Kostas Manolas in defense and Kevin Malcuit took the right back spot, with Giovanni Di Lorenzo moving to the opposite flank. In the Azzurri‘s 4-3-3 setup, Hirving Lozano was preferred to Matteo Politano to support Victor Osimhen and Lorenzo Insigne on the front line.

Napoli’s approach to the game was promising, with Osimhen testing Kasper Schmeichel within the first five minutes. But Leicester were quickly to organize themselves and, as soon as they hit the gas, Napoli had no answers to their offenses. David Ospina had to go above and beyond to deny Harvey Barnes from point blank range but couldn’t do anything on nine minutes as Ayoze Pérez converted a cross from the former into the Foxes’ lead, talking advantage of the Partenopei defense’s bad positioning.

Napoli weathered the storm and attempted a reaction that was all in Osimhen’s initiatives. On 20 minutes, the Big Nigerian freed himself from his marker with a brilliant faint and went for a shot that missed the goal target. On 28 minutes, he produced himself in a spectacular acceleration to dash past Timothy Castagne and serve Kevin Malcuit on the right hand side, but the 30-year-old’s conclusion was simply dreadful.

After Ospina made a shiver run down Luciano Spalletti’s back with a suicidal pass in the build-up that risked giving Leicester a big chance, it was again Osimhen to lead a sortie into the opposition box, serving a fine pass that Piotr Zielinski should have made better use of. In the meantime, Lorenzo Insigne started to adjust his aim with two shots that ended just a few inches far from the goal target.

On 44 minutes, Malcuit whipped a cross into the box for Hirving Lozano, whose header was powerful but not angled enough to put Schmeichel in trouble. At half time, Leicester were holding onto their lead but Napoli surely deserved more.

Leicester coach Brendan Rodgers understood that he had to change something. He began from two of his men, as Youri Tielemans and Caglar Soyuncu made their entrance after the restart.

That was a right intuition as it was the Belgian midfielder to serve the last pass for Patson Baka’s second goal, which was however disallowed for offside. The Neapolitans, too shy when defending from Leicester’s four-pass exchange in the occasion, were saved by the VAR.

On 62 minutes, it was time for a double change for Napoli as well. Matteo Politano replaced Lozano, while Elif Elmas took Zielinski’s place. But there was not time to take advantage of any as, right after them, Leicester made it two – this time for real, with no offside flag raised. The Foxes recovered a ball in midfield and Kelechi Iheanacho conjured a fantastic filtering pass for Barnes, who made no mistake from it.

Still, Osimhen didn’t want to hear it. The Nigerian continued to fight light a gladiator and, six minutes later, used all his strength to best his marker Jannik Vestergaard and put the ball into the back of the net with a lob, making it 1-2.

Spalletti pulled out Insigne and replaced him with Adam Ounas, switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation. He then also added Andrea Petagna and Juan Jesus for the final assault, reshaping his side in a ultra-offensive setup.

But it was still him, Osimhen, to put the cherry on top of his terrific performance, jumping higher than Soyuncu on 87 minutes to head the ball home a Politano cross and draw level for the Partenopei.

Napoli wanted even more than that as they were now playing with all the confidence on their side while Leicester seemed to have no fuel left in the tank. The score, however, remained set a 2-2 despite the Partenopei gaining a one-man advantage after Wilfried Ndidi saw red during stoppage time. And, all in all, they can be happy with it.

https://cultofcalcio.com/leicester-vs-n ... l-deficit/
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He was playing well in the first half. Running down the channels excellently and holding up the ball well. The only thing lacking was his finishing as he was taking wild/hurried shots. He's the most complete striker we have because of his ability to run the channels, pass, and hold up the ball. His finishing and movement still need work. Iheanacho is ahead of him in terms of movement and finishing in the box, possibly Moffi too. Osimhen is the most complete of the 3 though.
bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 pm
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

VICTOR AIRLINES :) :) :) :D :D :thumbs: :thumbs: .
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

No he should not. IMO, AM is not his best position. He's a good passer, but doesn't look comfortable running with the ball and doesn't have the pace of an ideal AM. He can drop deep occasionally and pick out passes, but he's at his best when he's in the box. Kele is a deadly finisher/poacher. He needs to be in the box as much as possible. I prefer giving the creative burden to someone else.
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:20 pm Kelechi can definitely be the answer to our creative midfield dilemma, he was superb today playing the #10 role for Leicester and his assist for their second goal was equally as sublime. I reckon he can grow into that type of player and role for the NT
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 pm Any video of the game?

Some of us have gaddem jobs and can't watch games smack dab in the middle of the day on a work day. We are not all bigpokey and kongi that ain't gat not gaddem jobs.
I thought you had retired.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

VICTOR! VICTOR!! VICTOR!!! VICTOR!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

From now on, only Arabs should be commentators for our games. :rotf: :thumbs: :thumbs:

This one is clearer, but not as sweet.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Osimhen can just terrorize defenses i swear, they had to comot old man Evans at half time after Osimhen was all over him. Small composure in the first half and he’d have had a hat trick this game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!