DESSERS getting heat and responds......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
DESSERS getting heat and responds......

Post by Enugu II »

‘I don’t care’- Cyriel Dessers hits back at critics
Kelvin Omachonu by Kelvin Omachonu 3 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria 0
https://soccernet.ng/2021/09/i-dont-car ... at-critics

The Nigerian striker moved from Genk to Feyenoord on a one-year loan deal last summer, but some fans of the Club on the Meuse are still doubtful about his quality

Nigerian forward Cyriel Dessers has hit back at his critics at Feyenoord, stating that he doesn’t care about fans’ opinions.

The Belgium-born attacker arrived at Genk from Heracles in the summer of 2020, but he struggled to break into the starting lineup at the Cegeka Arena, playing second fiddle to compatriot Paul Onuachu.

In search of more game time, Dessers opted for a loan deal to Feyenoord this summer.

Dessers is not a stranger to the Dutch league, as he played at Utrecht, NAC Breda and Heracles Almelo during his time in Netherland.

However, with just under three appearances under his belt at his new club, some of the fans already feel he might not be able to deliver at De Kuip.

Nevertheless, the 26-year-old is unfazed by his critics as he states his belief in his abilities.

“I’m a different player than I was a few years ago.” Dessers told ESPN as per Voetbal primeur.

“When people talk about my Utrecht or Heracles period, I don’t care. I’ve become a much better footballer and can’t wait to show that to everyone.”

Feyenoord have played just three games this season, so the Nigerian still has 31 Eredivise games to prove to his critics that they were wrong about him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DESSERS getting heat and responds......

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He scored and assisted against PSV today so yeah f*ck the haters!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm He scored and assisted against PSV today so yeah f*ck the haters!
:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dessers na very silly man :lol: :lol:
See how he pissed off the PSV supporters after his goal. :lol: :lol:
https://wittyfutty.com/2021/09/video-cy ... -psv-fans/
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Osimhen, Awoniyi, Odey, Moffi, Dessers, Umar, Ihenacho... why would we need Abraham again? :???:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:24 am Dessers na very silly man :lol: :lol:
See how he pissed off the PSV supporters after his goal. :lol: :lol:
https://wittyfutty.com/2021/09/video-cy ... -psv-fans/
The thing sweet me. Some of those fans were ready to strangle him.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I believe Tammy is ineligible to switch.
Its Fikayo Tomori that is still eligible
bret- hart wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 am Osimhen, Awoniyi, Odey, Moffi, Dessers, Umar, Ihenacho... why would we need Abraham again? :???:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 am I believe Tammy is ineligible to switch.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 am Osimhen, Awoniyi, Odey, Moffi, Dessers, Umar, Ihenacho... why would we need Abraham again? :???:
We don't need Tammy, like we are too stacked in attack anyway, Tomori on the other hand is one player I'll give an arm to have in the SE, and if he's still eligible to be capped and wants to play for us... then we shouldn't waste time.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:11 am
Otitokoro wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 am I believe Tammy is ineligible to switch.
We don't need Tammy, like we are too stacked in attack anyway, Tomori on the other hand is one player I'll give an arm to have in the SE, and if he's still eligible to be capped and wants to play for us... then we shouldn't waste time.
I want Tomori too but he has to make his intensions known instead of playing his cat and mouse games. He has started again with the "I am a proud Nigerian" crap Saka did in the past. If he wants to play for Nigeria he better ask Tammy for Pinnick's phone number and get his green pali ASAP. No more games biko.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:51 am
I want Tomori too but he has to make his intensions known instead of playing his cat and mouse games. He has started again with the "I am a proud Nigerian" crap Saka did in the past. If he wants to play for Nigeria he better ask Tammy for Pinnick's phone number and get his green pali ASAP. No more games biko.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That’s so funny.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tomori is no longer eligible.
Though he has only one England cap, he was over 21 when he got it.
It was just short of his 22nd birthday which firmly rules him out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Who is Odey?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:08 am
Tomori is no longer eligible.
Though he has only one England cap, he was over 21 when he got it.
It was just short of his 22nd birthday which firmly rules him out.
And the evil empire strikes!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI