Ahmed Musa Explodes in Game for His Club....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ahmed Musa Explodes in Game for His Club....

Post by Enugu II »

Super Eagles skipper stars in seven-goal Super Lig thriller
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 1 hour ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria 0
https://soccernet.ng/2021/09/super-eagl ... g-thriller

Faith Karagumruk and Yeni Malatyaspor kicked off the Turkish top-flight matchday five games with an entertaining clash that will live for a while in their fans’ memories

Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa impressed from start to finish to help Fatih Karagumruk come from behind to seal a memorable 4-3 win at Yeni Malatyaspor on Friday evening.

Musa was not among the goals, but he certainly was one of Fatih Karagumruk’s better players on the night, contributing immensely in attack and in defense.

Andrea Bertolacci and Aleksandar Pesic grabbed a brace each to pull Francesco Farioli’s men back from 2-0 down, then 3-1 down to a 4-3 triumph over a Yeni Malatyaspor side that paraded Nigerian midfielder Obinna Nwobodo.

But Musa was constantly in the thick of the action. The Super Eagles skipper enjoyed an 84% pass accuracy, completed 100% of his dribbles, and won seven of his nine ground duels.

The former Leicester City ace made two key passes and had two shots blocked for the Black-Red.

In defense, Musa contributed one clearance and three tackles as the visitors struggled to contain the fluid attack of Yeni before the hosts were reduced to ten men with the sending off of Jospin Nshimirimana on the hour mark.

The win shoots Fatih Karagumruk (who have played a game more) to third on the Super Lig table, levelled on ten points with leaders Besiktas and Anthony Nwakaeme’s Trabzonspor.

Musa only joined the Black-Red in July on a free transfer after a brief spell in the NPFL with former club Kano Pillars.

But the 28-year-old has become an influential member of coach Francesco Farioli’s side, helping the team to two wins and a draw in the four matches he has played in.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ahmed Musa Explodes in Game for His Club....

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, what is this na? He exploded with passes? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:39 pm Uncle, what is this na? He exploded with passes? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Musa as usual didn’t score or assist a goal,the only difference this time is that he was trusted to play a whole game!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

MInd just fly me, I though the guy had an explosive diarrhea in a game.... :?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Exploding for zero goals? Brand new concept…❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:30 pm Exploding for zero goals? Brand new concept…❗️

Cheers.
Explosion unfortunately is not about goals. We have defenders and midfielders who explode. Explosion simply refers to a guy having a dominant performance. In this game, I simply read it as Musa giving a dominant performance. That does not have to be goals if he is not the point guy.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:00 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:30 pm Exploding for zero goals? Brand new concept…❗️

Cheers.
Explosion unfortunately is not about goals. We have defenders and midfielders who explode. Explosion simply refers to a guy having a dominant performance. In this game, I simply read it as Musa giving a dominant performance. That does not have to be goals if he is not the point guy.
Prof., this is a new definition of 'explodes'.

Especially for a striker. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Cheers.

Ol'boy no be new definition oooo! In fact, my contact with that definition was reading Jairzinho as he prepared with Brazil in readiness for the 1974 World Cup! His words: "With 3 months to train, I will explode in Germany". Of course, de bobo no explode but he was clearly talking of his form. The story I posted indicated that Musa was at his top performance and hence the term "explode". In my view, I have never restricted the word "explode" to a striker to simply goals. A defender can explode as far as I am concerned and my understanding. It simply indicates that the person is at the height of his performance. That is simply what explosive form refers to.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Cheers.

Ol'boy no be new definition oooo! In fact, my contact with that definition was reading Jairzinho as he prepared with Brazil in readiness for the 1974 World Cup! His words: "With 3 months to train, I will explode in Germany". Of course, de bobo no explode but he was clearly talking of his form. The story I posted indicated that Musa was at his top performance and hence the term "explode". In my view, I have never restricted the word "explode" to a striker to simply goals. A defender can explode as far as I am concerned and my understanding. It simply indicates that the person is at the height of his performance. That is simply what explosive form refers to.
:D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Remember don try oooo. But na my first experience reading Bouton explosion be dat. When I read dat word na Jairzinho dey come for my head.