Ovie Ejaria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ovie Ejaria

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm Owngoal has reported that a source close to Rohr has confirmed Ejarias switch approval by FIFA.

The source says Ejaria is on the radar but that "other players are ahead of him" and he will make the team if he continues to perform as he has started this year.

So you mean to tell me that he cannot make a 30 man list, that is a bunch of complete bullshi$.

Yet Rohr called up a 2nd division Portuguese player in a position which we do not lack.

Who is Iwobis backup in the team ? Or has Rohr abandoned the 433 ?

It would be stupid to abandon the 433 completely, as that is the formation suited to playing stronger opponents.

Like I said, I believe somebody doesn't want these players in the team because it means some agents player will eventually lose his spot (I'm looking at you Shehu and Musa)

There is no logical FOOTBALL reasons why Ejaria will not EASILY make a 30 man squad.
Don't sweat on it, in Rohr’s world mechanics like Bonke are world class but a creative gem like Ejaria who has been blowing hot this season is just another player on the radar.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm Owngoal has reported that a source close to Rohr has confirmed Ejarias switch approval by FIFA.

The source says Ejaria is on the radar but that "other players are ahead of him" and he will make the team if he continues to perform as he has started this year.

So you mean to tell me that he cannot make a 30 man list, that is a bunch of complete bullshi$.

Yet Rohr called up a 2nd division Portuguese player in a position which we do not lack.

It would be stupid to abandon the 433 completely, as that is the formation suited to playing stronger opponents.

Like I said, I believe somebody doesn't want these players in the team because it means some agents player will eventually lose his spot (I'm looking at you Shehu and Musa)

There is no logical FOOTBALL reasons why Ejaria will not EASILY make a 30 man squad.
This is a lot of hype for someone that last season managed 3 goals & 5 assists in 38 games in a 2nd division league (is still there) compared to 11 goals + 2 assists in 27 games for the Portuguese based player in his debut season and he's also now in the top division. No doubt he's talented player but he needs to do way more for this kind of hype. From what i've seen Iwobi is 2nd choice to Iheanacho in that AM position anyway
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:25 pm

Don't sweat on it, in Rohr’s world mechanics like Bonke are world class but a creative gem like Ejaria who has been blowing hot this season is just another player on the radar.

:blush: :blush: creative gem

You appear to be unaware that there are different roles/positions in central midfield!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:14 pm You like to talk a lot of nonsense...I have watched Ovie since his academy days at Liverpool.

He was sent to the Championship to play his way back to LFC; he didn't make it. Harvey Elliot went to the Championship and came back a starter...

In the context of the SE, the team we have and the coach, I just don't see him as a priority. Not on the basis of his talent, his work rate, consistency...

In terms of creativity, the focus should be on Ebere and Olise in that order...

But more importantly, we need options in CD.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHEAP THEATRICS!!!
In fairness, Ejaria doesn't fit the midfield profile for Klopp's LFC.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

You are just ranting childishly. Do you watch the Super Eagles at all or are your opinions simply based on where a player plays?

1. That 2nd division Portuguese player that you are deriding is Marcus Abraham.

2. Not knowing much about him at the time, I viewed his call-up with curiosity, but his performances against the Indomitable Lions, if anything, underlines the keen eyes of our national team selectors.

3. Rather than raising questions about his addition to the to the Super Eagles, I applaud whoever recommended him to Rohr because he is a player with loads of potential.

4. If you were paying attention, you would also know that although he primarily played as a winger for his clubside last season, that is not where he was used in the two friendlies against Cameroon - as he distinguished himself in midfield.

5. For this reason, this notion that his invitation didn't make sense based on our depth on the wings doesn't hold water.

6. Mind you, I like Ejaria as well, but that is not enough reason to talk nonsense.

7. By the way you are talking nonsense about Shehu as well.

8. A utility player who can play multiple roles for us off the bench has value.

9. Let me ask you a question?

Who would we have plugged in at Left Back against Cape Verde (in those dire circumstances that we found ourselves in) had we not called up Shehu?