Ovie Ejaria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Ovie Ejaria

Post by highbury »

This man has scored 2 goals for reading. I am convinced that he is the key to our midfield creativity. I humbly submit to you guys that he is more skillfull than all the players in the SE. Again this suggest to me that Rohr is a lazy coach. He mainly focuses on EPL but they are excellent players who don't play in the EPL. Kai! It will be criminal if Ejaria doesn't play for the SE. I have never seen any player in SE ball like him. None!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ovie Ejaria

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm This man has scored 2 goals for reading. I am convinced that he is the key to our midfield creativity. I humbly submit to you guys that he is more skillfull than all the players in the SE. Again this suggest to me that Rohr is a lazy coach. He mainly focuses on EPL but they are excellent players who don't play in the EPL. Kai! It will be criminal if Ejaria doesn't play for the SE. I have never seen any player in SE ball like him. None!
What's holding up his nationality switch? that's the main question.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:45 pm
highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm This man has scored 2 goals for reading. I am convinced that he is the key to our midfield creativity. I humbly submit to you guys that he is more skillfull than all the players in the SE. Again this suggest to me that Rohr is a lazy coach. He mainly focuses on EPL but they are excellent players who don't play in the EPL. Kai! It will be criminal if Ejaria doesn't play for the SE. I have never seen any player in SE ball like him. None!
Who knows? One day they tell us the switch is completed, another they tell us it isn't. I have not gotten a clue as to why
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:54 pm
Who knows? One day they tell us the switch is completed, another they tell us it isn't. I have not gotten a clue as to why
The most likely reason is that he has not made up his mind.
Nobody is begging anybody.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:36 pm
Then the Nff or Rohr should tell us
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:03 pm
Exactly, it's been three years since Ejaria and Lookmans' switch process has been going on... I don't think a nationality switch should take that long even if you're prime Messi or CR7...the only plausible explanation for all this delay would be that these guys are still undecided as Damunk opined... I wish him well anyway but no player is too special that we can't move on from

The one player however we should keep an eye on, and who is 100% dedicated to playing for Nigeria is Dele Bashiru... he's doing very at Reading FC and should be called up.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Well, if he is that good, the question is why is he still in the Championship?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm Well, if he is that good, the question is why is he still in the Championship?
That is not really a good question but a question often used? You're using one data point to ask a question. Heck, when Virgil Van Dyke played for Celtic, one would have asked that question at that time as to why he didn't play in the EPL if he was that good. That same question could have applied to Ndidi at Genk, Mane at Southampton, Vardy at Fleetwood Town, etc. The truth of the matter and what I have realized is that not all the best players in England play in the EPL. They are a lot of players in the Championship that are better than those in the EPL. The issue is that these players just haven't been picked up by the EPL for various and sundry reasons
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I also believe Ejaria will be key for Nigeria. I can say confidently that he is a better dribbler than any of our players. He will be a perfect option to Iwobi at AM. I'm not sure if he could play CM, but it may be possible.

I dropped his stats from last season on another thread

Whoscored 2020/21 Season

#2 in dribbles per match (#1 was bright osei samuel who left championship halfway through season so Ejaria ended as #1)

#12 in key passes per match

#15 in overall rating

I dont believe Ejaria is holding out.Why would he ? He is nowhere near the English team. I could even believe Lookman is holding out, even though he is also far away from the English team, but closer than Ejaria.

I have stated this before, and I will say it again, even though I admit I have no evidence, pure speculation.

I believe somebody in the NFF is delaying the switch of these players to protect certain players' postitions in the SE team.

Rohr was asked about Ejaria and Lookman specifically in that recent interview before our last qualifiers, and he dodged the question completely. That shows me something smells. If we were still waiting for the process, why not come out and say so. If the players had not actually declared yet, why not come out and say so.

We will eventually find out what is behind all of this, but my money is on NFF insiders delaying the switch to protect certain players place in the team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm Well, if he is that good, the question is why is he still in the Championship?
Why do we invite players who play in Cyprus ?

Why do we invite players who play in Sweden ?

Why then do we keep inviting a basketball player who plays in the piss poor Belgian league ?

Its not like we dont have strikers tearing up much superior leagues like Awoniyi, Moffi, Nwankwo.

Championship IS A BETTER LEAGUE than the Scottish league, where we have key starters playing.

this is a very lazy argument.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

They wont tell us because there is some shenanigans going on.

One day we will all find out.

Didnt some foreign players back in the day accuse the NFF of demanding money to play for SE ?

Anyways something stinks, like I said we will find out one day.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont know if you can blame Rohr for this one.

Has his switch been completed ?

There was an Owngoal article a few years back where Rohr identified Ejaria as the man who could solve SE creativity problems. I'm pretty sure Rohr is aware of him. Something is holding back the switch from being completed and nobody really wants to talk about it. Its all very vague.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dont worry, I have sent PM to Rohr and the NFF to come and tell us. Dont they know they owe us that?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I think its the NFF holding these players switch up. I remember Ola Aina took way longer to switch over cos the NFF didnt send some paper work on time. He could have made his debut vs Cameroon in Uyo but had to wait till the game vs Zambia. Even Chuba Akpom switch hasnt been finalized. He is still registered as an English player on Wikipedia. These NFF buffons are grossly incompetent and corrupt.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Has anybody here had to deal with the Nigerian High Commission in London for a passport renewal or visiting visa? Has anybody tried to pay for their Nigerian passport online via NIS Innovate1 services ?????

Until you have experienced the pure incompetence and the lack of customer service don’t blame anybody for not switching.

I now understand why tourism can never be successful in Nigeria. They have made it near impossible to obtain a visa. You have to apply online ,pay online to NIS Innovate1 Services the portal which they developed doesn’t work. Then wait to be called to have your visa processed if they ever call. Which other third world country makes it so difficult for foreigners to visit?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 am Has anybody here had to deal with the Nigerian High Commission in London for a passport renewal or visiting visa? Has anybody tried to pay for their Nigerian passport online via NIS Innovate1 services ?????

Until you have experienced the pure incompetence and the lack of customer service don’t blame anybody for not switching.

I now understand why tourism can never be successful in Nigeria. They have made it near impossible to obtain a visa. You have to apply online ,pay online to NIS Innovate1 Services the portal which they developed doesn’t work. Then wait to be called to have your visa processed if they ever call. Which other third world country makes it so difficult for foreigners to visit?
It makes sense to me why some are now clamoring for Nigeria to divide. Since I was born to date, Nigeria has been plagued with corrupt and incompetent leaders.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:13 am
Flex Swift wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 am Has anybody here had to deal with the Nigerian High Commission in London for a passport renewal or visiting visa? Has anybody tried to pay for their Nigerian passport online via NIS Innovate1 services ?????

It makes sense to me why some are now clamoring for Nigeria to divide. Since I was born to date, Nigeria has been plagued with corrupt and incompetent leaders.
You sound as if you believe some sections of Nigeria are more competent or less corrupt than others.
I don’t think so.
So how does the division make any sense?

You can’t cure a systemic infection or cancer by cutting off your limbs.
Corruption follows Nigeria and its people around like a bad smell.
No amount of cutting or running will cure it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 am
highbury wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:13 am

You sound as if you believe some sections of Nigeria are more competent or less corrupt than others.
I don’t think so.
So how does the division make any sense?

You can’t cure a systemic infection or cancer by cutting off your limbs.
Corruption follows Nigeria and its people around like a bad smell.
No amount of cutting or running will cure it.
Honestly, I think you have comprehension issues. Where did I say I believe that some regions are more competent or less corrupt than others? I said It makes sense to me. In other words, I see their reasoning and it is sound. Sometimes you need to remove the cancer to survive. It's like you read something, and you interpret it another way
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

See his goals.

And some will ridiculously claim he is not needed in SE. The guy is a bona-fide baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNJOJN3aY10
Last edited by vancity eagle on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The OP said he is more skillful than all the players in the current SE. I ask again, if this is the case, why is he languishing in the Championship?

I am yet to see an English born player playing in the Championship be a game changer for the SE.
highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
That is not really a good question but a question often used? You're using one data point to ask a question. Heck, when Virgil Van Dyke played for Celtic, one would have asked that question at that time as to why he didn't play in the EPL if he was that good. That same question could have applied to Ndidi at Genk, Mane at Southampton, Vardy at Fleetwood Town, etc. The truth of the matter and what I have realized is that not all the best players in England play in the EPL. They are a lot of players in the Championship that are better than those in the EPL. The issue is that these players just haven't been picked up by the EPL for various and sundry reasons
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 pm The OP said he is more skillful than all the players in the current SE. I ask again, if this is the case, why is he languishing in the Championship?

I am yet to see an English born player playing in the Championship be a game changer for the SE.
highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Aribo was a game changer in his first 2 matches for SE.

He plays in a worse league.

Your reasoning is illogical.

Was Sarr not STARTING for Senegal while he played in the Championship ?

Ejaria was rated directly under Sarr according to whoscored.

Sarr had a rating of 7.13 while Ejaria was 7.12

Sarr was #14 overall while Ejaria was #15 in the Championship.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I believe he would make a solid addition to the SE. Hope he gets to play for the SE before Jesus comes back.

Confused why the switch is taking so long. Does Rohr no longer want to invite him or has Ejaria changed his mind regarding playing for Nigeria?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

olu wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:34 pm I believe he would make a solid addition to the SE. Hope he gets to play for the SE before Jesus comes back.

Confused why the switch is taking so long. Does Rohr no longer want to invite him or has Ejaria changed his mind regarding playing for Nigeria?
Dude is 24 playing for a mid table club in the English 1st division. Yes he wants to play for Nigeria duhh
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.