Ovie Ejaria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Ovie Ejaria

Post by olu »

Here are highlights of the 2 quality goals he scored yesterday:

I don't think the issue is he plays in the Championship. Rohr has invited several 2nd division players or players in lesser leagues.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am glad you qualified your statement about Aribo being a game changer in only a couple of games for Nigeria. I think one of those was a friendly vs Brazil. But from what I’ve observed we are yet to see a player from the English championship be a star for the SE.

And please leave Sarr out of this. His side got relegated from the EPL. Not only was he a top scorer in the Championship but he played a leading role getting them back to the EPL. That you would even mention Sarr in the same sentence as Ojaria shows your head no dey house.
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 pm The OP said he is more skillful than all the players in the current SE. I ask again, if this is the case, why is he languishing in the Championship?

I am yet to see an English born player playing in the Championship be a game changer for the SE.
highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm Well, if he is that good, the question is why is he still in the Championship?
highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm This man has scored 2 goals for reading. I am convinced that he is the key to our midfield creativity. I humbly submit to you guys that he is more skillfull than all the players in the SE. Again this suggest to me that Rohr is a lazy coach. He mainly focuses on EPL but they are excellent players who don't play in the EPL. Kai! It will be criminal if Ejaria doesn't play for the SE. I have never seen any player in SE ball like him. None!
That is not really a good question but a question often used? You're using one data point to ask a question. Heck, when Virgil Van Dyke played for Celtic, one would have asked that question at that time as to why he didn't play in the EPL if he was that good. That same question could have applied to Ndidi at Genk, Mane at Southampton, Vardy at Fleetwood Town, etc. The truth of the matter and what I have realized is that not all the best players in England play in the EPL. They are a lot of players in the Championship that are better than those in the EPL. The issue is that these players just haven't been picked up by the EPL for various and sundry reasons
Aribo was a game changer in his first 2 matches for SE.

He plays in a worse league.

Your reasoning is illogical.

Was Sarr not STARTING for Senegal while he played in the Championship ?

Ejaria was rated directly under Sarr according to whoscored.

Sarr had a rating of 7.13 while Ejaria was 7.12

Sarr was #14 overall while Ejaria was #15 in the Championship.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:47 pm I am glad you qualified your statement about Aribo being a game changer in only a couple of games for Nigeria. I think one of those was a friendly vs Brazil. But from what I’ve observed we are yet to see a player from the English championship be a star for the SE.

And please leave Sarr out of this. His side got relegated from the EPL. Not only was he a top scorer in the Championship but he played a leading role getting them back to the EPL. That you would even mention Sarr in the same sentence as Ojaria shows your head no dey house.
YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 pm The OP said he is more skillful than all the players in the current SE. I ask again, if this is the case, why is he languishing in the Championship?

I am yet to see an English born player playing in the Championship be a game changer for the SE.
YUJAM wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm Well, if he is that good, the question is why is he still in the Championship?
highbury wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm This man has scored 2 goals for reading. I am convinced that he is the key to our midfield creativity. I humbly submit to you guys that he is more skillfull than all the players in the SE. Again this suggest to me that Rohr is a lazy coach. He mainly focuses on EPL but they are excellent players who don't play in the EPL. Kai! It will be criminal if Ejaria doesn't play for the SE. I have never seen any player in SE ball like him. None!
That is not really a good question but a question often used? You're using one data point to ask a question. Heck, when Virgil Van Dyke played for Celtic, one would have asked that question at that time as to why he didn't play in the EPL if he was that good. That same question could have applied to Ndidi at Genk, Mane at Southampton, Vardy at Fleetwood Town, etc. The truth of the matter and what I have realized is that not all the best players in England play in the EPL. They are a lot of players in the Championship that are better than those in the EPL. The issue is that these players just haven't been picked up by the EPL for various and sundry reasons

Yakubu was a star for Nigeria while he played in Championship.

Yujam you are just wrong about this.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:08 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 am
highbury wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:13 am
Flex Swift wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 am Has anybody here had to deal with the Nigerian High Commission in London for a passport renewal or visiting visa? Has anybody tried to pay for their Nigerian passport online via NIS Innovate1 services ?????

Until you have experienced the pure incompetence and the lack of customer service don’t blame anybody for not switching.

I now understand why tourism can never be successful in Nigeria. They have made it near impossible to obtain a visa. You have to apply online ,pay online to NIS Innovate1 Services the portal which they developed doesn’t work. Then wait to be called to have your visa processed if they ever call. Which other third world country makes it so difficult for foreigners to visit?
It makes sense to me why some are now clamoring for Nigeria to divide. Since I was born to date, Nigeria has been plagued with corrupt and incompetent leaders.
You sound as if you believe some sections of Nigeria are more competent or less corrupt than others.
I don’t think so.
So how does the division make any sense?

You can’t cure a systemic infection or cancer by cutting off your limbs.
Corruption follows Nigeria and its people around like a bad smell.
No amount of cutting or running will cure it.
Honestly, I think you have comprehension issues. Where did I say I believe that some regions are more competent or less corrupt than others? I said It makes sense to me. In other words, I see their reasoning and it is sound. Sometimes you need to remove the cancer to survive. It's like you read something, and you interpret it another way
Stori.
So how does "division" which you say "makes sense to you" address the "plague of corruption and incompetence" you are complaining about in the very same breath? :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yakubu was not English.
Anyway I am not against Ejaria getting invited to the SE. My response was aimed at the OP who claimed the guy is more skillful than any of the players in the SE.
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:47 pm I am glad you qualified your statement about Aribo being a game changer in only a couple of games for Nigeria. I think one of those was a friendly vs Brazil. But from what I’ve observed we are yet to see a player from the English championship be a star for the SE.

Yakubu was a star for Nigeria while he played in Championship.

Yujam you are just wrong about this.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another championship hype, bounced around by pool and eventually sent to his level.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:30 pm
Why do we invite players who play in Cyprus ?

Why do we invite players who play in Sweden ?

Why then do we keep inviting a basketball player who plays in the piss poor Belgian league ?

Its not like we dont have strikers tearing up much superior leagues like Awoniyi, Moffi, Nwankwo.

Championship IS A BETTER LEAGUE than the Scottish league, where we have key starters playing.

this is a very lazy argument.

Is it the same piss poor Belgian league where Alhassan Yusuf plays in? Yet that doesn't prevent you from constantly advocating for his inclusion in the Super Eagles. Mind you, I am a fan of Alhassan as well, so this is not about him (just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement). For real though, you need to stop denigrating Onuachu. He's an excellent striker who's earned his spot on the national team.

Consider the fact that Cyriel Dessers is a top notch striker, yet couldn't get off the bench because of Onuachu. When Onuachu's transfer failed to materialize, why do you think that Dessers quickly packed his bags and vamoosed to Feyernoord?

Abeg he may not be your favorite striker stylistically, but show the man some respect.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ejaria will be a great addition to the squad when he eventually gets his opportunity. Much like Iwobi he's a creative player who can flourish in a number of spots - CAM, CM, or as a Wing Forward.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:39 pm

Why then do we keep inviting a basketball player who plays in the piss poor Belgian league ?

Its not like we dont have strikers tearing up much superior leagues like Awoniyi, Moffi, Nwankwo.

Championship IS A BETTER LEAGUE than the Scottish league, where we have key starters playing.

Is it the same piss poor Belgian league where Alhassan Yusuf plays in? Yet that doesn't prevent you from constantly advocating for his inclusion in the Super Eagles. Mind you, I am a fan of Alhassan as well, so this is not about him (just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement). For real though, you need to stop denigrating Onuachu. He's an excellent striker who's earned his spot on the national team.

Consider the fact that Cyriel Dessers is a top notch striker, yet couldn't get off the bench because of Onuachu. When Onuachu's transfer failed to materialize, why do you think that Dessers quickly packed his bags and vamoosed to Feyernoord?

Abeg he may not be your favorite striker stylistically, but show the man some respect.
So oga, why didn’t any transfer materialize for this so called excellent striker? Just wondering…not even news of any proper team trying to get him…Lol @ Dessers being top notch…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:42 pm

So oga, why didn’t any transfer materialize for this so called excellent striker? Just wondering…not even news of any proper team trying to get him…Lol @ Dessers being top notch…

1. You can laugh all you want but Dessers will show his quality at Feyernoord.

2. Genk were asking for too much money. No one is going to pay the kind of money that they were demanding for a 27 year old African striker who's yet to prove himself in one of the power five leagues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 pm

2. Genk were asking for too much money. No one is going to pay the kind of money that they were demanding for a 27 year old African striker who's yet to prove himself in one of the power five leagues.
So how can he be termed an excellent striker, go and watch the goal he scored today and tell me that Belgian league isn’t one of the more useless ones. Dessers is an ok/decent player and will score goals, but top notch? I guess we just have a different opinion on that term. Osimhen is top notch and pushing on world class with a little more consistency. Dessers can’t even make the SE bench…
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mystic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:49 pm Ejaria will be a great addition to the squad when he eventually gets his opportunity. Much like Iwobi he's a creative player who can flourish in a number of spots - CAM, CM, or as a Wing Forward.

TBH I am not convinced about that.

I think peeps underrate the players who are already there. It always appears rosier outside looking in...

We have a good talent in Micheal Olise. We just need to cap him and let him develop under Viera...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Is it the same piss poor Belgian league where Alhassan Yusuf plays in? Yet that doesn't prevent you from constantly advocating for his inclusion in the Super Eagles.
[/quote]

you have to look at players by position, specifically the position we lack and the positions we do not lack.

We do not lack for strikers, so yes Belgium is a piss poor league when we are looking for STRIKERS.

We have Moffi, Awoniyi, Nwankwo, Osimehn, Iheanacho all doing the business in far superior leagues, so why on earth should we be looking to Belgium for a striker. Especially one that IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the way we play.

In fact it would be smarter to even look to Sadiq who also plays in a lesser league but has a better skillset to play with our current team.

Alhassan Yusuf is a central midfielder, where we do not have as many quality options as we do for striker.

Only Etebo and Onyeka play the same position in a superior league, and both Onyeka and Etebo have just joined the EPL, while we have a starter playing in Scotland (Aribo) so it makes sense to look to Belgium for a central midfielder BUT NOT FOR A STRIKER.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 pm
mystic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:49 pm Ejaria will be a great addition to the squad when he eventually gets his opportunity. Much like Iwobi he's a creative player who can flourish in a number of spots - CAM, CM, or as a Wing Forward.

I think peeps underrate the players who are already there. It always appears rosier outside looking in...

We have a good talent in Micheal Olise. We just need to cap him and let him develop under Viera...
You can remain unconvinced but the evidence seem to tell otherwise.

We do not have a player who can play AM, CM, and even on the wings. That is plenty of flexibility that Rohr seems to like.

I can tell you now that he is a better dribbler than any player we currently have, and his passing range and scoring ability are decent.

One of the highest rated players in championship last season and he has started off just as well, even better.

Plenty of national teams have championship players as key members of their teams.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1. For the record I do not think that he will walk in and displace any of our starters. Rather he can be a great option off the bench where we lack adequate playmaking alternatives.

2. I will feel better about Olise when we cap him. We all know what type of talent he has, but that won't mean anything if he opts not to play for Nigeria.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:13 pm

So how can he be termed an excellent striker, go and watch the goal he scored today and tell me that Belgian league isn’t one of the more useless ones. Dessers is an ok/decent player and will score goals, but top notch? I guess we just have a different opinion on that term. Osimhen is top notch and pushing on world class with a little more consistency. Dessers can’t even make the SE bench…

1. A lot of top players have come out of the Belgian league that you are calling useless. Just because it's not one of the big 5 leagues doesn’t mean that they don't play good football there, or that it's not a challenging league.

2. I thought it was a clever goal that Onuachu scored today. He may not be going up against Bonucci and Chiellini but I give him credit for his quick thinking rather than bash the defending. But I'm not surprised that you won't since you are simply an Onuachu hater.

3. Dessers is way better than simply decent. The fact that he can't make the Super Eagles at the moment is a testament to how good our strikers are at the moment including the Onuachu that you constantly deride. Barring injury, his quality will shine through at Feyernoord.

4. We definitely have different notions of the word top notch. I wouldn't use the word top notch to describe Osimhen for instance, as I believe that he's better than that.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:16 pm

Is it the same piss poor Belgian league where Alhassan Yusuf plays in? Yet that doesn't prevent you from constantly advocating for his inclusion in the Super Eagles.
you have to look at players by position, specifically the position we lack and the positions we do not lack.

We do not lack for strikers, so yes Belgium is a piss poor league when we are looking for STRIKERS.

We have Moffi, Awoniyi, Nwankwo, Osimehn, Iheanacho all doing the business in far superior leagues, so why on earth should we be looking to Belgium for a striker. Especially one that IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the way we play.

In fact it would be smarter to even look to Sadiq who also plays in a lesser league but has a better skillset to play with our current team.

Alhassan Yusuf is a central midfielder, where we do not have as many quality options as we do for striker.

Only Etebo and Onyeka play the same position in a superior league, and both Onyeka and Etebo have just joined the EPL, while we have a starter playing in Scotland (Aribo) so it makes sense to look to Belgium for a central midfielder BUT NOT FOR A STRIKER.
[/quote]

Some of the things I read in these parts including much of what you wrote above simply cannot be taken seriously.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

mystic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:54 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:16 pm

Some of the things I read in these parts including much of what you wrote above simply cannot be taken seriously.
[/quote]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I guess the teams that didn’t buy him are also haters lol. Truth is neither Onuachu nor Dessers are good enough for our NT. The likes of Moffi will soon enough end that saga. And yes Belgium is a good league for finding ‘young’ talent, keyword ‘young’ like Onyekuru and Moffi not those who are just making it there in their prime.

Also if you look up top notch it means: “of the highest quality; excellent.” That is NOT Onuachu and damn sure is not Dessers…any player who hasn’t proven themselves in a top 5 league can in no way be termed top notch…
mystic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:47 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:13 pm

1. A lot of top players have come out of the Belgian league that you are calling useless. Just because it's not one of the big 5 leagues doesn’t mean that they don't play good football there, or that it's not a challenging league.

2. I thought it was a clever goal that Onuachu scored today. He may not be going up against Bonucci and Chiellini but I give him credit for his quick thinking rather than bash the defending. But I'm not surprised that you won't since you are simply an Onuachu hater.

3. Dessers is way better than simply decent. The fact that he can't make the Super Eagles at the moment is a testament to how good our strikers are at the moment including the Onuachu that you constantly deride. Barring injury, his quality will shine through at Feyernoord.

4. We definitely have different notions of the word top notch. I wouldn't use the word top notch to describe Osimhen for instance, as I believe that he's better than that.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 pm

We do not have a player who can play AM, CM, and even on the wings. That is plenty of flexibility that Rohr seems to like.

I can tell you now that he is a better dribbler than any player we currently have, and his passing range and scoring ability are decent.

One of the highest rated players in championship last season and he has started off just as well, even better.

Plenty of national teams have championship players as key members of their teams.

What evidence?

You like to talk a lot of nonsense...I have watched Ovie since his academy days at Liverpool.

He was sent to the Championship to play his way back to LFC; he didn't make it. Harvey Elliot went to the Championship and came back a starter...

In the context of the SE, the team we have and the coach, I just don't see him as a priority. Not on the basis of his talent, his work rate, consistency...

In terms of creativity, the focus should be on Ebere and Olise in that order...

But more importantly, we need options in CD.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHEAP THEATRICS!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I watched Ovie AND Olise last season in multiple games and I don't get the hype

Olise is clearly the better of the two but even then, he's so raw and will take some time to adapt to the Prem....his decision making was mostly woeful, attempting dribbles all over the pitch does not a great player make....
txj wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:14 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 pm

What evidence?

You like to talk a lot of nonsense...I have watched Ovie since his academy days at Liverpool.

He was sent to the Championship to play his way back to LFC; he didn't make it. Harvey Elliot went to the Championship and came back a starter...

In the context of the SE, the team we have and the coach, I just don't see him as a priority. Not on the basis of his talent, his work rate, consistency...

In terms of creativity, the focus should be on Ebere and Olise in that order...

But more importantly, we need options in CD.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHEAP THEATRICS!!!
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Owngoal has reported that a source close to Rohr has confirmed Ejarias switch approval by FIFA.

The source says Ejaria is on the radar but that "other players are ahead of him" and he will make the team if he continues to perform as he has started this year.

So you mean to tell me that he cannot make a 30 man list, that is a bunch of complete bullshi$.

Yet Rohr called up a 2nd division Portuguese player in a position which we do not lack.

Who is Iwobis backup in the team ? Or has Rohr abandoned the 433 ?

It would be stupid to abandon the 433 completely, as that is the formation suited to playing stronger opponents.

Like I said, I believe somebody doesn't want these players in the team because it means some agents player will eventually lose his spot (I'm looking at you Shehu and Musa)

There is no logical FOOTBALL reasons why Ejaria will not EASILY make a 30 man squad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm Owngoal has reported that a source close to Rohr has confirmed Ejarias switch approval by FIFA.

The source says Ejaria is on the radar but that "other players are ahead of him" and he will make the team if he continues to perform as he has started this year.

So you mean to tell me that he cannot make a 30 man list, that is a bunch of complete bullshi$.

Yet Rohr called up a 2nd division Portuguese player in a position which we do not lack.

Who is Iwobis backup in the team ? Or has Rohr abandoned the 433 ?

It would be stupid to abandon the 433 completely, as that is the formation suited to playing stronger opponents.

Like I said, I believe somebody doesn't want these players in the team because it means some agents player will eventually lose his spot (I'm looking at you Shehu and Musa)

There is no logical FOOTBALL reasons why Ejaria will not EASILY make a 30 man squad.
Where is the link to the Owngoal story?
You seem to trust it without question.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "