Alex Iwobi plays ajebutter football!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Alex Iwobi plays ajebutter football!

Post by bushboy »

Very frustrating to watch. Won't contest loose balls, won't fight for headers, won't tackle, won't hustle. If you're going to be a luxury player, you better be scoring or assisting LOTS of goals. But he doesn't. I pray to God we can get Olise for SE to provide some competition. Maybe even puch Aribo further up and have Ndidi and Onyeka anchor...
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Alex Iwobi plays ajebutter football!

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr seems content to play him on the flanks, so that is where his competition is in the SE. In the 2 central m/f roles, Rohr wants combatants, not flair. Olise, Ejaria etc are all competing against Etebo, Aribo and Kingsley (Ndidi's shirt is already on lock down). Interestingly, for all the stick Bonke got against CV, I am sure Rohr liked what he saw. It took me watching the game again to appreciate his contribution.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

bushboy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:18 pm Very frustrating to watch. Won't contest loose balls, won't fight for headers, won't tackle, won't hustle. If you're going to be a luxury player, you better be scoring or assisting LOTS of goals. But he doesn't. I pray to God we can get Olise for SE to provide some competition. Maybe even puch Aribo further up and have Ndidi and Onyeka anchor...
OK agent Ajekpako
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Smart kid. Why injure himself unnecessarily. Abeg make we hear word. :mad:

Wha choo looking at?!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bushboy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:18 pm Very frustrating to watch. Won't contest loose balls, won't fight for headers, won't tackle, won't hustle. If you're going to be a luxury player, you better be scoring or assisting LOTS of goals. But he doesn't. I pray to God we can get Olise for SE to provide some competition. Maybe even puch Aribo further up and have Ndidi and Onyeka anchor...
His game hasn't improved since he left Arsenal!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I never watch Everton games.

Iwobi never plays well for them.

He plays well for SE though, so that is all I care. It is what it is, some players are just much better national team players than club players.

Mikel was sort of the same. He like Iwobi are content with doing very simple things for their clubs, but they show up for SE.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Mr Shows wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:44 pm Rohr seems content to play him on the flanks, so that is where his competition is in the SE. In the 2 central m/f roles, Rohr wants combatants, not flair. Olise, Ejaria etc are all competing against Etebo, Aribo and Kingsley (Ndidi's shirt is already on lock down). Interestingly, for all the stick Bonke got against CV, I am sure Rohr liked what he saw. It took me watching the game again to appreciate his contribution.

Rohr plays him on the flank primarily to fit Ihenacho into the starting lineup. Prior to the decision to pair Ihenacho with Osimhen, you could pencil him in as our starting CAM.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mystic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 am
Mr Shows wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:44 pm Rohr seems content to play him on the flanks, so that is where his competition is in the SE. In the 2 central m/f roles, Rohr wants combatants, not flair. Olise, Ejaria etc are all competing against Etebo, Aribo and Kingsley (Ndidi's shirt is already on lock down). Interestingly, for all the stick Bonke got against CV, I am sure Rohr liked what he saw. It took me watching the game again to appreciate his contribution.

Rohr plays him on the flank primarily to fit Ihenacho into the starting lineup. Prior to the decision to pair Ihenacho with Osimhen, you could pencil him in as our starting CAM.
The left flank is his most effective position. The only flaw in Iwobi is he isn’t aggressive enough in terms of looking for his own shot but he is a quality footballer❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Who cares rafa is a trash coach. However Alex in Green white green has always been top notch. Dude balls big time when he plays for Nigeria
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Aren’t you stereotyping ajebutters; balogun and effiong won’t like your tongue
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

6yrs later people are still waiting for Iwobi to develope, the boy's uselessness is pathological. He simply doesn't know how to get results on the pitch and he's not mentally strong enough. We have better options.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:43 pm 6yrs later people are still waiting for Iwobi to develope, the boy is uselessness is pathological. He simply doesn't know how to get results on the pitch and he's not mentally strong enough. We have better options.
Hater, when he doesn’t start you complain, when he does you complain. He’s no JJ but is likely to start for SE, I’m sure you celebrated his ajebutter goal that qualified us to the last WC and the one that knocked out Cameroon at the last ANC :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:51 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:43 pm 6yrs later people are still waiting for Iwobi to develope, the boy is uselessness is pathological. He simply doesn't know how to get results on the pitch and he's not mentally strong enough. We have better options.
Hater, when he doesn’t start you complain, when he does you complain. He’s no JJ but is likely to start for SE, I’m sure you celebrated his ajebutter goal that qualified us to the last WC and the one that knocked out Cameroon at the last ANC :tic:
It's very frustrating to watch a player of such talent refuse to do better. His clb will determine his SE selection , at this stage Iwobi will be in Russia or Turkey in a yr.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 pm
It's very frustrating to watch a player of such talent refuse to do better. His clb will determine his SE selection , at this stage Iwobi will be in Russia or Turkey in a yr.
Useless irrelevant opinion of a confirmed hater. No sweat off Alexander's back.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cally wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 pm
Useless irrelevant opinion of a confirmed hater. No sweat off Alexander's back.
They also predicted that Everton would dump him last season.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol still our most important player imho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:52 pm Lol still our most important player imho
You've taken your corruption to a new level. Shame no dey catch u? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At this point, I've simply concluded that Alex is one of those players who might not have a successful club career, but will have quite a solid career with the national team and win some trophies before he hits a decline...and that's enough for me.

Meanwhile the search for a bona-fide CAM continues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:41 pm At this point, I've simply concluded that Alex is one of those players who might not have a successful club career, but will have quite a solid career with the national team and win some trophies before he hits a decline...and that's enough for me.

Meanwhile the search for a bona-fide CAM continues.
If club form is a requirement for SE call then that cannot happen unless it's based on sentiments. Meanwhile, Iwobi starts for Everton v QPR. He just missed 1 v 1 with the keeper at his mercy. Confidence issues.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:57 pm
LOL! The only bias showing here is yours. You assume ajebutter is used in reference to foreign born players. It is not. It is used merely to describe people who are "soft" or "fragile" regardless of race or place of birth.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:57 pm
EKONG not Effiong.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Iwobi avoiding taking a pk like a plague but he might to take one. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Iwobi no go take pk haba?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!