Kele on the bench again vs BHA(Ndidi starts)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kele on the bench again vs BHA(Ndidi starts)

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:01 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:49 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:48 pm What in the. Lookman is aaight but Chukwueze is much more dynamic player.

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:29 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:06 pm We need to get Lookman in the Super Eagles. Better than Simon Moses for sure!
I have been saying this for ages.

The only of our wingers that is even close to his level is Chukwueze, and personally I think Lookman is better.

No he isn't. Not while he continues to be a predictable left foot only dribbler.
Being a left foot only dribbler does not preclude being dynamic. Messi, Salah, Nacho, Di Maria, Maradona, Cruyff, Rivaldo and Ogunsuyi are or were all left foot only dribblers and about as dynamic as you could ever hope to find❗️

Cheers.
chuks has potential, but he is not there yet.

Go back and look how easily Algeria marked him out of that semifinal.

He has actually been one of our poorest players in the last few games he played for SE.

I've watched him a lot and it seems defenders have figured him out, and he isn't doing enough to switch up his tactics.

He was almost unplayable when he first burst on the scene, now he is nowhere near his initial explosiveness.

Just my 2 cents, but Lookman is more dynamic and much better with end product. He has the stats to prove it.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:44 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:48 pm What in the. Lookman is aaight but Chukwueze is much more dynamic player.

Synopsis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:06 pm We need to get Lookman in the Super Eagles. Better than Simon Moses for sure!

The only of our wingers that is even close to his level is Chukwueze, and personally I think Lookman is better.

No he isn't. Not while he continues to be a predictable left foot only dribbler.
Being a left foot only dribbler does not preclude being dynamic. Messi, Salah, Nacho, Di Maria, Maradona, Cruyff, Rivaldo and Ogunsuyi are or were all left foot only dribblers and about as dynamic as you could ever hope to find❗️

Cheers.

He has actually been one of our poorest players in the last few games he played for SE.

I've watched him a lot and it seems defenders have figured him out, and he isn't doing enough to switch up his tactics.

He was almost unplayable when he first burst on the scene, now he is nowhere near his initial explosiveness.

Just my 2 cents, but Lookman is more dynamic and much better with end product. He has the stats to prove it.

Are you serious?

Chukwueze was still wet behind the ears as an international against Algeria and at the 2019 African Nations Cup. Is that really the game that you're pointing to in order to criticize Chukwueze?

Na wa for you. So many of our national team players have grown so much since then, including Chukwueze. Point to a recent game if you want to criticize him.

By the way, Lookman isn't the finished article, neither is Chukwueze. They are both still in the early stages of their careers. And both will be big time assets for us (assuming that we ever get Lookman's switch to Nigeria over the line).
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mystic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 am

Cheers.

Are you serious?

Chukwueze was still wet behind the ears as an international against Algeria and at the 2019 African Nations Cup. Is that really the game that you're pointing to in order to criticize Chukwueze?

Na wa for you. So many of our national team players have grown so much since then, including Chukwueze. Point to a recent game if you want to criticize him.

By the way, Lookman isn't the finished article, neither is Chukwueze. They are both still in the early stages of their careers. And both will be big time assets for us (assuming that we ever get Lookman's switch to Nigeria over the line).
I’m not aware that Lookman is even considering a switch, that is, seriously❗️

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 am
mystic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 am

Cheers.

Are you serious?

I’m not aware that Lookman is even considering a switch, that is, seriously❗️

Cheers.
He’s only ever spoke of England and his proud memories of playing at youth level for them.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 pm …………………….Okoye……………

Ebuehi….Balogun…..Ekong……Collins

…………Ndidi…………………Aribo…….

…………….Iwobi/Iheanacho…………..
Chukwueze……………………………Lookman
……………………. Osimhen…………….

This team can reach the quarterfinals.
With which coach?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

gochino wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 pm …………………….Okoye……………

Ebuehi….Balogun…..Ekong……Collins

…………Ndidi…………………Aribo…….

…………….Iwobi/Iheanacho…………..
Chukwueze……………………………Lookman
……………………. Osimhen…………….

This team can reach the quarterfinals.
With which coach?
Fantasy,Lookman would rather in a qualifier for England against Albania and 4 minutes in a friendly against Greece.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

what a goal, maybe next game he will get fifteen minutes of playing time.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Didn't he score a few of those types of golaso in his U17 days?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:39 pm what a goal, maybe next game he will get fifteen minutes of playing time.
A few years back, I commented in a post that Nacho is developing into a Messiesque type of player. It’s obvious now that his strongest move is cutting in from the right flank and unleashing a haymaker with his left foot❗️

Cheers.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:24 am
King Futcha wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:39 pm what a goal, maybe next game he will get fifteen minutes of playing time.
A few years back, I commented in a post that Nacho is developing into a Messiesque type of player. It’s obvious now that his strongest move is cutting in from the right flank and unleashing a haymaker with his left foot❗️

Cheers.

That's always been his strength.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

shaq wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:20 am Didn't he score a few of those types of golaso in his U17 days?
:thumb:
Yes, definitely!.
That is a trademark Nacho goal.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Oga Damunk!. Thanks. I thought maybe I was making making it up. :thumb:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

better video

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:55 pm better video

The more I watch Nacho, Osomhen, Ndidi etc play the more I realise how much we are disabling them by making them play on rubbish pitches in Naija.
Wharrahell!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kele on the bench again v Burnley. Mods, pls make this thread a sticky so new threads are not opened bout this issue.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:05 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:55 pm better video

The more I watch Nacho, Osomhen, Ndidi etc play the more I realise how much we are disabling them by making them play on rubbish pitches in Naija.
Wharrahell!

People vastly underestimate the impact of poor pitches on our overall performance...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm Kele on the bench again v Burnley. Mods, pls make this thread a sticky so new threads are not opened bout this issue.

Interesting.

So Brendan Roger's coaching is entirely about his starting Kele in a game or not...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:05 pm The more I watch Nacho, Osomhen, Ndidi etc play the more I realise how much we are disabling them by making them play on rubbish pitches in Naija.
Wharrahell!
I agree the pitch in Russia (WC) must have been rubbish as well :sneaky:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kele assists Vardy
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

What on earth is going on in Rogers head? Why does he keep benching Kele? That was a sweet assist from Ķele!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:27 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:05 pm The more I watch Nacho, Osomhen, Ndidi etc play the more I realise how much we are disabling them by making them play on rubbish pitches in Naija.
Wharrahell!
I agree the pitch in Russia (WC) must have been rubbish as well :sneaky:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are we running out of space for new threads? If we try to make JOB related thread sticky now, you will protedt against it.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm Kele on the bench again v Burnley. Mods, pls make this thread a sticky so new threads are not opened bout this issue.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rogers is probably the most dangerous coach in the EPL. He is so self righteous that he will deliberately hurt his own team just to prove he’s right. God help Leicester❗️

Cheers.