Our Osimhen vs Udinese (1.45pm)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our Osimhen vs Udinese (1.45pm)

Post by bushboy »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:46 pm
bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:38 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm
bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:01 pm I don't understand why we think the only way to show "support" or "loyalty" is by telling outright lies! The truth is our boy Victor is NOWHERE NEAR world class. When you use the term world class in a striker, you are talking about players like Haaland. Players who every single time they walk unto a pitch, you just know they are likely to score. Not even one goal sef, 2 or 3 per game!! Are we really going to pretend that Osimhen fills us with that same level of confidence? I will be 100% honest with you, Victor is the kind of striker that can be clean through on goal facing the keeper and I will still be watching him like "God please, let him score!" but then, he will take a random shot that you don't expect and it will sneak past the keeper. He is completely unpredictable! But the kind of chances I have seen him miss, no striker who is near world class should EVER miss!!

If una like, take the fact I am being honest to insult me and insult the members of my "bushmen"...I know that is what you guys are good at. Someone will soon come and talk about Isaac Success or Nathan Oduwa :roll: :roll:

I really like Victor. I just refuse to lie to myself to "prove" I like him.
World class is a matter of opinion. There is no chartered institution that defines what it is. Victor is not perfect but with some of you, the bias in your criticism shines through. That is why we call you out. Victor is still developing, and he still has his raw moments. But you typically come on to find something uncomplimrntary to say about him because he is not one of your favourites.
Really? World class has suddenly become subjective? since when? When it is applied to a Nigerian? lol. My broda, there is no guess work in world class. Osimhen is 22. I did not start watching football yesterday. When you see a truly world class 22yr old, nobody needs to tell you. I saw Messi at 22, Ronaldo (both of them) at 22, to a lesser extent Harry Kane at 22, Michael Owen at 22, Haaland at 22, Wayne Rooney at 22, let me bring it home sef, Kanu at 22, Yak at 22...all have shown me FAR MORE than Osimhen at 22 for me to delude myself into thinking we have a "world class" talent on our hands. This is NOT hate by any means. I want him to lead us to several world cups and score many great goals for us. Players like Toto Schilachi were not close to world class, but have carried their countries to world cup success. So this is no knock on Victor. I am just giving my honest assessment of a player I have watched EVERY SINGLE GAME he has been involved in for 3 seasons!! he is NOT a world class talent!
Hold up hold up hold up...he's not a world class talent OR he's not currently a world class player? Because the price tag paid for him means those that are in the know and do football for a living DO NOT agree that he lacks world class potential/talent...so abeg clarify for me
Both. He is currently not world class, at at 22, I don't see the skillset in him to make he think he will ever be world class. But maybe I reserve "world class" for truly elite level footballers.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
Football like any kind of investment is a gamble. You see what you THINK is a raw gem, and you take a gamble. It might pay off, and in 3 years you sell your gem for double price, or it may not, and you end up selling your gem at a huge loss! We have seen enough evidence of both scenarios in football. The price tag is the WORST determination of world class you can ever use.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

airwolex wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:33 pm I noticed that his teammates didn't really celebrate his goals against Leicester. Hmmmmmmm
They did. The first one, he ran to the centre circle b/c he was keen to restart that game as it was 2-1. The 2nd one, he ran into the crowd and they chased after him.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Osimhen played very well yesterday despite the service being poor. For those talking about control in tight spaces, Lukaku that can't trap a bag of cement is now considered one of the best strikers in the world. Osimhen is a better player than him, just less experienced. If he works hard, he will be a top, top player.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:43 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:24 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:56 am
olu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:56 am Wow! Talk about being blunt. Did the coach really say "Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces, but is hard to catch in open spaces"? Guess that's an area Osimhen can improve.

That's what I have been saying, but some will label me a "hater" because I want our boy to improve and become world class.

Well there you have it from the coach himself. I guess he is also a "hater"
Not doubting you but can you show us where you said Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces?

By the way, my sense of that translation is that it’s not quite nuanced enough. My Italian is really rusty and was never that great, but I heard that interview and I took out:

“Osimhen had a good game. Space was tight but when it opened up he did well”
Common sense vs Agenda :clap: :clap: :clap:
We know them. We also know those that will give honest criticism without an agenda.
Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

Osimehn is one of the Naija players who I will not miss one of his club matches. One of the most exciting players to watch, and where have I ever questioned his #1 striker status for SE.

So I ask what agenda ?

I see where he can improve, because I watch his game weekly , and I want him to be better. That is not hate or an "agenda"

You can stop with your clownish accusations.
But be honest, you are glomming onto his coach's criticism as if they were similar to yours, when in fact they weren't and you are just trying to use it to justify your critique. Yes he has lots of room for improvement but regardless we can't lose sight of the fact that he's only 22 and Naija trained (only identified at U-17 level by happenstance) he didn't get academy training from the age of 6 like the Haalands etc, so there are obviously things he will need to learn but the raw talent is there and the desire also seems to be there. So he will be fine. For me regardless of whatever fine tuning he needs to do to his game, it all comes down to him becoming a consistent goal scorer, once he's able to consistently score 15+ goals a season in a top 5 league, then he would have reached the next level.
The coach's argument is the same as mine, just worded differently but they are essentially the same thing.

My critique of Osimehn is that when he is not counter attacking (where he has lots of space to operate) he often is not moving away from his markers, but just sits up against them, and this does not provide a genuine passing option to his teammates.

This is during slow build ups mostly. So as Spalleti said, when he is not afforded space, he tends to be inconsequential. He rarely drops back into midfield , or delays his runs. He is too predictable at times.

This is not to say that he is not already an immense talent, as I said I am just spotting aspects of his game he needs to improve.

Most agree he needs to improve, so I don't u derstand the unwarranted attacks, it's pretty pathetic tbh.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:01 pm

That's what I have been saying, but some will label me a "hater" because I want our boy to improve and become world class.

Not doubting you but can you show us where you said Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces?

By the way, my sense of that translation is that it’s not quite nuanced enough. My Italian is really rusty and was never that great, but I heard that interview and I took out:

We know them. We also know those that will give honest criticism without an agenda.
Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

Osimehn is one of the Naija players who I will not miss one of his club matches. One of the most exciting players to watch, and where have I ever questioned his #1 striker status for SE.

So I ask what agenda ?

I see where he can improve, because I watch his game weekly , and I want him to be better. That is not hate or an "agenda"

But be honest, you are glomming onto his coach's criticism as if they were similar to yours, when in fact they weren't and you are just trying to use it to justify your critique. Yes he has lots of room for improvement but regardless we can't lose sight of the fact that he's only 22 and Naija trained (only identified at U-17 level by happenstance) he didn't get academy training from the age of 6 like the Haalands etc, so there are obviously things he will need to learn but the raw talent is there and the desire also seems to be there. So he will be fine. For me regardless of whatever fine tuning he needs to do to his game, it all comes down to him becoming a consistent goal scorer, once he's able to consistently score 15+ goals a season in a top 5 league, then he would have reached the next level.
The coach's argument is the same as mine, just worded differently but they are essentially the same thing.

My critique of Osimehn is that when he is not counter attacking (where he has lots of space to operate) he often is not moving away from his markers, but just sits up against them, and this does not provide a genuine passing option to his teammates.

This is during slow build ups mostly. So as Spalleti said, when he is not afforded space, he tends to be inconsequential. He rarely drops back into midfield , or delays his runs. He is too predictable at times.

This is not to say that he is not already an immense talent, as I said I am just spotting aspects of his game he needs to improve.

Most agree he needs to improve, so I don't u derstand the unwarranted attacks, it's pretty pathetic tbh.
Osimhen is the hottest prospect in Africa right now, una just dey chat sh*t.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:52 pm
airwolex wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:33 pm I noticed that his teammates didn't really celebrate his goals against Leicester. Hmmmmmmm
They did. The first one, he ran to the centre circle b/c he was keen to restart that game as it was 2-1. The 2nd one, he ran into the crowd and they chased after him.
Oh okay. I thought it was a bit odd myself. I agree that Insigne is selfish, but nothing Osimhen can really do about that, that's for the coach to address.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:13 pm

Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

So I ask what agenda ?

Osimhen is the hottest prospect in Africa right now, una just dey chat sh*t.
Hottest PROSPECT.

You do realize that nothing I am saying is contradicting anything you are saying.

Prospect meaning, not the finished product YET, meaning the need to IMPROVE.

I tire for all you guys just reacting emotionally without thinking.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:57 pm Osimhen played very well yesterday despite the service being poor. For those talking about control in tight spaces, Lukaku that can't trap a bag of cement is now considered one of the best strikers in the world. Osimhen is a better player than him, just less experienced. If he works hard, he will be a top, top player.
Comparing Osimhen to Lukaku is utter madness. What Lukaku was doing at 22, Osimhen can't even dream about. I'm Nigerian like you, but I don't lie to myself.
Who will be next?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

olu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:56 am Wow! Talk about being blunt. Did the coach really say "Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces, but is hard to catch in open spaces"? Guess that's an area Osimhen can improve.
highbury wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:56 pm You can interpret his coach's comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/football-i ... -race/amp/

Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

So I ask what agenda ?

I won't shut up like you did when you slunk away after wishing a loss on your country. And should we have a poll to determine who the clown is between you and I?

Your communications skills are below that required by a labourer, hence your resort to insults every time your agenda is pointed out to you.

Yes, you have an agenda. I say this given your history on this site. And you are not intelligent enough to hide your agenda.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I believe he’s talking more about ability on the ball in tight spaces, not necessarily his movement/making runs in the box which is what you’ve been mainly harping on. You can try and conflate the two but I do believe if my understanding is correct that they aren’t the same thing. But that said, this is something that had plagued Lukaku and he’s improved vastly on his ball skills running with the ball and maneuvering in tight spaces to create for himself and others, something you won’t see Osimhen doing as he doesn’t currently have that in his repertoire.

Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

So I ask what agenda ?

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:44 pm
cic old boy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:57 pm Osimhen played very well yesterday despite the service being poor. For those talking about control in tight spaces, Lukaku that can't trap a bag of cement is now considered one of the best strikers in the world. Osimhen is a better player than him, just less experienced. If he works hard, he will be a top, top player.
Comparing Osimhen to Lukaku is utter madness. What Lukaku was doing at 22, Osimhen can't even dream about. I'm Nigerian like you, but I don't lie to myself.
Yes...Osimhen cannot dream about being in the 2015 Everton. Napoli of 2021 is a far inferior team. Another gem from you.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:55 pm
Yes...Osimhen cannot dream about being in the 2015 Everton. Napoli of 2021 is a far inferior team. Another gem from you.
I BEG you PLEASE STOP! National pride is making you sound like a total angel*! There is NO LOGICAL way you can EVER compare Lukaku to Osimhen! Keep going and you will lose all credibility. A 16yr old Lukaku scored 33 goals for Anderlecht. A 18yr old Lukaku scored 17 goals for West freaking Brom!! A 20yr old Lukaku scored 53 goals in 3 seasons at Everton, please do the math! A 22yr old Oshimhen has never gone above 13 goals in his entire career, even when playing for a team you claim is superior to the ones Lukaku was scoring for for fun. How are you making any sense. I can't keep discussing with this level of irrational logic.
Who will be next?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm
I BEG you PLEASE STOP! National pride is making you sound like a total angel*! There is NO LOGICAL way you can EVER compare Lukaku to Osimhen! Keep going and you will lose all credibility. A 16yr old Lukaku scored 33 goals for Anderlecht. A 18yr old Lukaku scored 17 goals for West freaking Brom!! A 20yr old Lukaku scored 53 goals in 3 seasons at Everton, please do the math! A 22yr old Oshimhen has never gone above 13 goals in his entire career, even when playing for a team you claim is superior to the ones Lukaku was scoring for for fun. How are you making any sense. I can't keep discussing with this level of irrational logic.
Osimhen led the scoring at the U-17 World Cup. He had to leave home and come to Europe where he has scored 50 goals at 22. He would certainly have scored more if he had grown up in Europe. They are comparable. Of course many will rate Lukaku higher but at 22 Lukaku was playing for 2015 Everton while Osimhen is the top striker for the team topping the Italian league. "Irrational logic" (supu oyibo :clap:) is you calling the comparison "utter madness".
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:38 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm
bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:01 pm I don't understand why we think the only way to show "support" or "loyalty" is by telling outright lies! The truth is our boy Victor is NOWHERE NEAR world class. When you use the term world class in a striker, you are talking about players like Haaland. Players who every single time they walk unto a pitch, you just know they are likely to score. Not even one goal sef, 2 or 3 per game!! Are we really going to pretend that Osimhen fills us with that same level of confidence? I will be 100% honest with you, Victor is the kind of striker that can be clean through on goal facing the keeper and I will still be watching him like "God please, let him score!" but then, he will take a random shot that you don't expect and it will sneak past the keeper. He is completely unpredictable! But the kind of chances I have seen him miss, no striker who is near world class should EVER miss!!

If una like, take the fact I am being honest to insult me and insult the members of my "bushmen"...I know that is what you guys are good at. Someone will soon come and talk about Isaac Success or Nathan Oduwa :roll: :roll:

I really like Victor. I just refuse to lie to myself to "prove" I like him.
World class is a matter of opinion. There is no chartered institution that defines what it is. Victor is not perfect but with some of you, the bias in your criticism shines through. That is why we call you out. Victor is still developing, and he still has his raw moments. But you typically come on to find something uncomplimrntary to say about him because he is not one of your favourites.
Really? World class has suddenly become subjective? since when? When it is applied to a Nigerian? lol. My broda, there is no guess work in world class. Osimhen is 22. I did not start watching football yesterday. When you see a truly world class 22yr old, nobody needs to tell you. I saw Messi at 22, Ronaldo (both of them) at 22, to a lesser extent Harry Kane at 22, Michael Owen at 22, Haaland at 22, Wayne Rooney at 22, let me bring it home sef, Kanu at 22, Yak at 22...all have shown me FAR MORE than Osimhen at 22 for me to delude myself into thinking we have a "world class" talent on our hands. This is NOT hate by any means. I want him to lead us to several world cups and score many great goals for us. Players like Toto Schilachi were not close to world class, but have carried their countries to world cup success. So this is no knock on Victor. I am just giving my honest assessment of a player I have watched EVERY SINGLE GAME he has been involved in for 3 seasons!! he is NOT a world class talent!
Is it that you do not know the meaning of "subjective"? What are the widely accepted parameters for determining world class? It is a subjective determination and will change from one opinion to another. For me he is a world class talent and he must put in the work to become the real deal.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:13 pm
Osimhen led the scoring at the U-17 World Cup. He had to leave home and come to Europe where he has scored 50 goals at 22. He would certainly have scored more if he had grown up in Europe. They are comparable. Of course many will rate Lukaku higher but at 22 Lukaku was playing for 2015 Everton while Osimhen is the top striker for the team topping the Italian league. "Irrational logic" (supu oyibo :clap:) is you calling the comparison "utter madness".
So, growing up in Europe is a criteria for goal scoring? Now I have heard it all. Victor is NOWHERE close to 50 goals in Europe. Stop lying. Anyway, I'm done debating you. Your comments keep getting weirder by the post.
Who will be next?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 pm
So, growing up in Europe is a criteria for goal scoring? Now I have heard it all. Victor is NOWHERE close to 50 goals in Europe. Stop lying. Anyway, I'm done debating you. Your comments keep getting weirder by the post.
Another clear example of you letting your agenda cloud your judgement, all you had to simply do was Google his numbers and you'll see that it's no lie but you'd rather choose to boldly embarrass yourself yet again....

And yes growing up in Europe is an advantage they have, because the likes of Lukaku didn't have to wait till they're 18 to be (legally) allowed to make their senior debuts
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Yes you should be done debating with me if the truth is not convenient for you. Osimhen scored 20 goals with Chaleroi; 18 for Lille, 13 for Napoli so far. My Maths is not great but that is more than 50 isn't it?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Sunset wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 am
Another clear example of you letting your agenda cloud your judgement, all you had to simply do was Google his numbers and you'll see that it's no lie but you'd rather choose to boldly embarrass yourself yet again....

And yes growing up in Europe is an advantage they have, because the likes of Lukaku didn't have to wait till they're 18 to be (legally) allowed to make their senior debuts
You dey mind am? Why was Victor so poor at Wolfsburg despite scoring loads everywhere? Even Wolfsburg acknowledged that the new environment played a part. As for the number of goals, he will never admit because it doesn't suit his agenda.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

"Victor is NOWHERE close to 50 goals in Europe."

Signed

Bushboy
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bush boy and co funny sha. Do you have to hate on a player because you love another player? You like Isaac Success, fine. But Wetin consign you with hating Victor. It's not like they are in direct competition. One is the main Striker for the SE while the other is nowhere to be found. Others just hate Onuachu. Their lives have to be miserable to reflect the constant negativity and bias
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Some strikers are excellent in tight spaces but are not at aerial battles like vic. Kane , Erlang, and Aguero are examples, none can compete with vic when it comes to winning aerial battles. Every striker has a weakness that can be exploited. Vic actually has improved his dribbling and hold up play but because he's African his physical attributes will be observed more by critics.
OCCUPY NFF!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

You can't be serious! What was Lukaku doing at 22? He was finally shipped off to Everton after failing to make the grade at Chelsea with loan spells at relegation candidates West Brom. I watched him from when he was signed from Anderlecht and was being hyped as the next Drogba. The only thing they had in common was being black, six footers and powerful. He played like he was wearing clown shoes instead of football boots. Talent-wise Lukaku was a donkey, whose game has marginally improved with hard work. He still struggles to control a ball, is clumsy in possession and has managed to become effective despite those obvious flaws.

This is nothing to do with being Nigerian. I actually admire Lukaku for improving on the little talent he has. I have seen Osimhen do stuff with the ball that Lukaku can only dream about. While stats are important for strikers, the first test in football is technical ability. Osimhen, even at this stage, is better than Lukaku on that score.