Our Osimhen vs Udinese (1.45pm)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our Osimhen vs Udinese (1.45pm)

Post by bushboy »

cic old boy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 am
bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Comparing Osimhen to Lukaku is utter madness. What Lukaku was doing at 22, Osimhen can't even dream about. I'm Nigerian like you, but I don't lie to myself.
You can't be serious! What was Lukaku doing at 22? He was finally shipped off to Everton after failing to make the grade at Chelsea with loan spells at relegation candidates West Brom. I watched him from when he was signed from Anderlecht and was being hyped as the next Drogba. The only thing they had in common was being black, six footers and powerful. He played like he was wearing clown shoes instead of football boots. Talent-wise Lukaku was a donkey, whose game has marginally improved with hard work. He still struggles to control a ball, is clumsy in possession and has managed to become effective despite those obvious flaws.

This is nothing to do with being Nigerian. I actually admire Lukaku for improving on the little talent he has. I have seen Osimhen do stuff with the ball that Lukaku can only dream about. While stats are important for strikers, the first test in football is technical ability. Osimhen, even at this stage, is better than Lukaku on that score.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:02 pm
cic old boy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 am
bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Comparing Osimhen to Lukaku is utter madness. What Lukaku was doing at 22, Osimhen can't even dream about. I'm Nigerian like you, but I don't lie to myself.
You can't be serious! What was Lukaku doing at 22? He was finally shipped off to Everton after failing to make the grade at Chelsea with loan spells at relegation candidates West Brom. I watched him from when he was signed from Anderlecht and was being hyped as the next Drogba. The only thing they had in common was being black, six footers and powerful. He played like he was wearing clown shoes instead of football boots. Talent-wise Lukaku was a donkey, whose game has marginally improved with hard work. He still struggles to control a ball, is clumsy in possession and has managed to become effective despite those obvious flaws.

This is nothing to do with being Nigerian. I actually admire Lukaku for improving on the little talent he has. I have seen Osimhen do stuff with the ball that Lukaku can only dream about. While stats are important for strikers, the first test in football is technical ability. Osimhen, even at this stage, is better than Lukaku on that score.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So do you now want to retract your statement about me lying when I said that Osimhen had scored 50 goals in Europe? Or did you mean that I lied about 50 goals and it is actually 51 goals?

And you never quite addressed my Everton of 2015 v Napoli of 2021 comparison.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
Being "shipped off" at Chelsea isn't anything new. We know how that club operates, I can go down the list from KDB to Salah of players who were "shipped off" at Chelsea are are top quality footballers. The same team that "shipped him off" came back and broke the bank to get him back. Not too shabby for a player with "little talent" How about Osimhen? Where was he "shipped off' from? Wolfsburg! The mighty powerhouse of world football. Then he proceeded to fail trial after trial before ending up in the same league that Lukaku LEFT at age 17 after scoring 33 goals in 2 seasons as a 16yr old!!!

I am actually sitting here in disbelief that I am actually having a conversation where I have to defend Lukaku compared to Osimhen. Like seriously? Oshimhen? A lad whose only claim to fame so far is that he is an expensive player who has never scored above 13 goals in ANY season of his life?

I really like Osimhen. I say it again and again. But this hype is ridiculous! He has done NOTHING yet in his career for anyone to DARE compare him to Lukaku. c'mon na!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He’s a 70m Eur striker. He’s done a lot.
Lukaku at a similar stage was comparable to Osimhen today. The question is whether Osimhen can make a similar development.

As for the Abraham comparison, I struggle with that one. Roma paid 34m Eur for Tammy in an inflated market.

Comparing goals is not really like for like. Comparing how much someone is willing to pay is a much more objective measure.

If Osimhen achieves something close to Lukaku, he’d be on a par with the great Yekini. If Abraham declared for Nigeria, I humbly submit he’d easily make the squad ahead of Onuachu, but no one would put him ahead of Osimhen.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:15 pm ^^^
Being "shipped off" at Chelsea isn't anything new. We know how that club operates, I can go down the list from KDB to Salah of players who were "shipped off" at Chelsea are are top quality footballers. The same team that "shipped him off" came back and broke the bank to get him back. Not too shabby for a player with "little talent" How about Osimhen? Where was he "shipped off' from? Wolfsburg! The mighty powerhouse of world football. Then he proceeded to fail trial after trial before ending up in the same league that Lukaku LEFT at age 17 after scoring 33 goals in 2 seasons as a 16yr old!!!

I am actually sitting here in disbelief that I am actually having a conversation where I have to defend Lukaku compared to Osimhen. Like seriously? Oshimhen? A lad whose only claim to fame so far is that he is an expensive player who has never scored above 13 goals in ANY season of his life?

I really like Osimhen. I say it again and again. But this hype is ridiculous! He has done NOTHING yet in his career for anyone to DARE compare him to Lukaku. c'mon na!!
You are doubling down aren't you? Osimhen and Lukaku are comparable. Victor has scored 50 senior goals at 22 despite his challenging start with Wolfsburg. He is the main striker in a bigger club than Lukaku was at 22. You talk about not scoring 13 goals (which is not true as playoff goals are considered league goals so he had 19 at Chaleroi) but what is his goal ratio? Did you consider his goals ratio? Your manipulation of the facts shows your agenda.

TXJ also feels that Tammy is ahead but nobody has challenged him. We know he doesn't have an agenda.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:46 pm He’s a 70m Eur striker. He’s done a lot.
Lukaku at a similar stage was comparable to Osimhen today. The question is whether Osimhen can make a similar development.

As for the Abraham comparison, I struggle with that one. Roma paid 34m Eur for Tammy in an inflated market.

Comparing goals is not really like for like. Comparing how much someone is willing to pay is a much more objective measure.

If Osimhen achieves something close to Lukaku, he’d be on a par with the great Yekini. If Abraham declared for Nigeria, I humbly submit he’d easily make the squad ahead of Onuachu, but no one would put him ahead of Osimhen.
Thank you! We are only talking about early stages. It is not guaranteed that Osimhen would get to Lukaku's current level. He needs to work very hard to get there.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

waka-man wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:46 pm He’s a 70m Eur striker. He’s done a lot.

The more you post, the dumber you sound. No disrespect. Just being blunt. Goals is not the measure of a STRIKER? But price tag? Really? If I foolishly spend $550k on a Ford explorer, that means it the best car on the market abi? Please stop being ridiculous. The reason you spend that amount of money on a striker is for him to SCORE! The only OBJECTIVE measure is IN FACT in GOALS SCORED! To even mention Yekini in regards to Lukaku is an insult. I am Nigerian, but I am honest. Yekini did not come close to reaching anywhere near Lukaku levels of success. he never played any higher than Victoria Seubal!!

Osimhen would thank the Lord almighty if in his career, he can score HALF the number of goals Lukaku has for both club and country. Even Tammy is FAR more prolific than Osimhen. This is not opinion. It is plain FACT.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

bushboy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:27 pm

The more you post, the dumber you sound. No disrespect. Just being blunt. Goals is not the measure of a STRIKER? But price tag? Really? If I foolishly spend $550k on a Ford explorer, that means it the best car on the market abi? Please stop being ridiculous. The reason you spend that amount of money on a striker is for him to SCORE! The only OBJECTIVE measure is IN FACT in GOALS SCORED! To even mention Yekini in regards to Lukaku is an insult. I am Nigerian, but I am honest. Yekini did not come close to reaching anywhere near Lukaku levels of success. he never played any higher than Victoria Seubal!!

Osimhen would thank the Lord almighty if in his career, he can score HALF the number of goals Lukaku has for both club and country. Even Tammy is FAR more prolific than Osimhen. This is not opinion. It is plain FACT.

Certainly not going to join you in the insults.

But yes, price tag of a player is a very good measure of their worth. That’s literally the phrase… what are they “worth”.
League, team, penalty duties etc all contribute to goals scored. And of course you expect a better striker to score more goals, but as good as he is, no one accuses Lewandawski of being the best striker in the world.

As for Yekini and Lukaku, re read what I wrote and comment again.q

I appreciate you might not agree. But lobbing juvenile insults doesn’t help you make your point.

No reasons for us all to descend to such depths.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

KDB and Salah don't struggle to control the ball. Chelski breaking the bank for Lukaku is simply a case of more money than sense. Manure decided to let him go after also breaking the bank for him. Why? Osimhen came to Europe raw without decent coaching in Nigeria. What is Lukaku's excuse? if he was African, he would be playing in Bulgaria.

Goals scored a season is nonsense devoid of context. 13 goals for a club like Lille could be 23 goals for a club like Manure, where you have better service and better teammates. Osimhen's first season in Italy was curtailed by serious injury and corona.

Osimhen is a fast, physical and tall striker. There's nothing wrong with comparing him with another fast, physical and tall striker. The difference is that Lukaku's ball control is abysmal.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Zola compares Osimhen with Lukaku and Beppe Signori says he is more like Drogba! See point about technique (no one ever said it about Lukaku).
'His athletic strength can be devastating' – Osimhen is Lukaku’s ‘heir’, says Zola
Shina Oludare
@sportingshina
Last Updated6 hours ago
22 Sept 202114:10 UTC +01:00

COMMENTS

Goal/Getty
AFRICAN ALL STARS
NAPOLI
SERIE A
SAMPDORIA V NAPOLI
SAMPDORIA

The Italian football great has compared the Nigerian frontman and the Chelsea star ahead of the Parthenopeans’ clash with Sampdoria
Victor Osimhen’s athletic strength can be devastating, according to Gianfranco Zola, who has described the Napoli striker as Romelu Lukaku’s "heir".

The Nigeria international took his tally for the season to three in four matches after finding the net in the Parthenopeans’ 4-0 triumph over Udinese on Monday night.

Prior to his effort against the White and Blacks, Osimhen had gotten a brace as Luciano Spalletti’s men played out a 2-2 draw with Leicester City in a Uefa Europa Cup fixture.

The final result at Stadio Friuli saw the Naples-based outfit lead the Italian top-flight log, having accrued 12 points from four matches, with a heavyweight encounter against Sampdoria up next.

Ahead of Napoli’s clash with Roberto D'Aversa’s Blue-circled at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris, the former club striker gave an assessment of Spalletti’s squad.

“Napoli are really strong in every department,” Zola told La Gazzetta Dello Sport per Football Italia.

“They have [Victor] Osimhen, Insigne and Politano upfront, the quality in midfield, a solid defence with Kalidou Koulibaly and two reliable goalkeepers. I can’t see weak points in their team.

“I didn’t know Osimhen when he arrived last year, but I’ve studied him a little and I’ve discovered a talented player.

“His movements are so good, and his athletic strength can be devastating. He is Lukaku’s heir, he is still young and with room for improvement.”

Following his impressive debut season at Ligue 1 outfit Lille, Osimhen who scored 18 goals in 38 appearances in the 2019-20 season, joined the Italian side in a deal reported to be worth €50 million (£45m/$59m).

His display was recently lauded by former Italy striker Giuseppe Signori, who pointed out similarities between the Super Eagle and Didier Drogba.

“They look a lot like each other physically and technically,” he told Tuttomercatoweb.

“He is good, he has everything: technique, strength, elevation, speed and power.
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/osimhen ... tjnrxeas59
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

cic old boy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:43 pm

KDB and Salah don't struggle to control the ball. Chelski breaking the bank for Lukaku is simply a case of more money than sense. Manure decided to let him go after also breaking the bank for him. Why? Osimhen came to Europe raw without decent coaching in Nigeria. What is Lukaku's excuse? if he was African, he would be playing in Bulgaria.

Goals scored a season is nonsense devoid of context. 13 goals for a club like Lille could be 23 goals for a club like Manure, where you have better service and better teammates. Osimhen's first season in Italy was curtailed by serious injury and corona.

Osimhen is a fast, physical and tall striker. There's nothing wrong with comparing him with another fast, physical and tall striker. The difference is that Lukaku's ball control is abysmal.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
I don't even know why I keep responding, but let me humor you just ONE LAST time...

So you're the coach of a soccer team and and your scout comes to you and says "coach, we have a player for you. He is 28, and has been to 2 world cups. He started in Belgium and scored 33 goals as a 16yr old playing against grown men. He then moved to England where he scored 113 goals in 7 seasons with 3 different teams. The last 2 years, he was in Italy. He scored 47 goals in his two seasons there. Oh, by the way, in his international career, he has scored 67 goals in 100 caps"

So, your response would be "A proven goal scorer? No thank you. What we value in our strikers is exquisite ball control! Get me Victor Osmihen!"

LOL! Dude! Thank you for the comedy relief. Now I have heard it all. LOL!!!!!!!
Who will be next?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bushboy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 pm ^^^
I don't even know why I keep responding, but let me humor you just ONE LAST time...

So you're the coach of a soccer team and and your scout comes to you and says "coach, we have a player for you. He is 28, and has been to 2 world cups. He started in Belgium and scored 33 goals as a 16yr old playing against grown men. He then moved to England where he scored 113 goals in 7 seasons with 3 different teams. The last 2 years, he was in Italy. He scored 47 goals in his two seasons there. Oh, by the way, in his international career, he has scored 67 goals in 100 caps"

So, your response would be "A proven goal scorer? No thank you. What we value in our strikers is exquisite ball control! Get me Victor Osmihen!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Manure paid £75m for Lukaku and their coach decided to get rid of him b/c he had more confidence in Martial and Rash! This is a real life situation with a real coach and not a hypothetical CE yarn! "Proven goal scorer" doesn't tell you about serious questions about Lukaku's technical ability at Chelsea, West Brom, Everton, Manure, etc.

If you want to ignore this reality and deal with hypotheticals, imagine how many international goals Osi would score if he was being supplied by KDB.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

cic old boy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Manure paid £75m for Lukaku and their coach decided to get rid of him b/c he had more confidence in Martial and Rash! This is a real life situation with a real coach and not a hypothetical CE yarn! "Proven goal scorer" doesn't tell you about serious questions about Lukaku's technical ability at Chelsea, West Brom, Everton, Manure, etc.

If you want to ignore this reality and deal with hypotheticals, imagine how many international goals Osi would score if he was being supplied by KDB.

Kai.... see bushwacking. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

cic old boy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm

You stopped making sense many posts ago. One one hand, you seem aware that a club can pay big money for a player and he still NOT be good enough. On the other, you keep mentioning Victor's price tag as proof of quality. On one hand Victor isn't scoring as much because he isn't been fed by KBD, but on the other, Lukaku's consistency even when at Aderlecht, West Brom and Everton is diminished? Contradiction much?

LOL! So in your own little world, you really think a coach prefers Martial and Rashford to Lukaku? The decision to let Lukaku go was mindboggling to many Man Utd fans who absolutely loved the guy. A simple Google search would produce article after article of people questioning why on earth United made that decision to let Lukaku go. But of course, for the sake of finding useless arguments to make, you say it was down to "lack of confidence" in a striker who has scored goals at a 1 in 2 rate at EVERY level and EVERY club he has ever been.

I am starting to think you're just winding me up and I am foolish for falling for it. Because I honestly cannot believe anyone in his right mind would argue Lukaku vs Osimhen in 2021. Only on CE can one see this level of blind patriotism.
Who will be next?
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Sampdoria - Napoli 12.30 eastern on Paramount

Games are coming thick and fast....Vic starts!
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:52 pm
You stopped making sense many posts ago. One one hand, you seem aware that a club can pay big money for a player and he still NOT be good enough. On the other, you keep mentioning Victor's price tag as proof of quality. On one hand Victor isn't scoring as much because he isn't been fed by KBD, but on the other, Lukaku's consistency even when at Aderlecht, West Brom and Everton is diminished? Contradiction much?

LOL! So in your own little world, you really think a coach prefers Martial and Rashford to Lukaku? The decision to let Lukaku go was mindboggling to many Man Utd fans who absolutely loved the guy. A simple Google search would produce article after article of people questioning why on earth United made that decision to let Lukaku go. But of course, for the sake of finding useless arguments to make, you say it was down to "lack of confidence" in a striker who has scored goals at a 1 in 2 rate at EVERY level and EVERY club he has ever been.

I am starting to think you're just winding me up and I am foolish for falling for it. Because I honestly cannot believe anyone in his right mind would argue Lukaku vs Osimhen in 2021. Only on CE can one see this level of blind patriotism.
You are confused. The only price tag I have mentioned was Lukaku's.

It is a given that you would score more goals with a better team/supply. That's why it doesn't make sense comparing Osi at Lille with Lukaku at United or the Belgium national team, for example. But the fact is that Manure paid megabucks for Lukaku and shipped him out. And he can't use the excuse of being young like he did at Chelski.

Ole shipping out Lukaku wasn't in my world. It was in the real world. Ole said he preferred Martial and Rash. Both are better footballers than Lukaku, even if their form has been affected by injuries. It's not true that Manure fans loved Lukaku. Many of them were blasting his poor ball control.

If it is "blind patriotism", why am I not criticising Martial, Rash, KDB, Salah, etc? Let me tell you a secret: Some misguided fans used to question why Lukaku was not getting as much props as Kane. I don't like English players, but it pained me to admit that Kane is by miles a better footballer than Lukaku. It is not "blind patriotism". If you can't see these obvious things, I can recommend a good optician.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

cic old boy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:59 pm
bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:52 pm

You are confused. The only price tag I have mentioned was Lukaku's.

It is a given that you would score more goals with a better team/supply. That's why it doesn't make sense comparing Osi at Lille with Lukaku at United or the Belgium national team, for example. But the fact is that Manure paid megabucks for Lukaku and shipped him out. And he can't use the excuse of being young like he did at Chelski.

Ole shipping out Lukaku wasn't in my world. It was in the real world. Ole said he preferred Martial and Rash. Both are better footballers than Lukaku, even if their form has been affected by injuries. It's not true that Manure fans loved Lukaku. Many of them were blasting his poor ball control.

If it is "blind patriotism", why am I not criticising Martial, Rash, KDB, Salah, etc? Let me tell you a secret: Some misguided fans used to question why Lukaku was not getting as much props as Kane. I don't like English players, but it pained me to admit that Kane is by miles a better footballer than Lukaku. It is not "blind patriotism". If you can't see these obvious things, I can recommend a good optician.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who will be next?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Osihmen v Cagliari live. Cmon Osihboy set the jungle on fire and expose the Bushmen.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He scores!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet