Our Osimhen vs Udinese (1.45pm)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our Osimhen vs Udinese (1.45pm)

Post by txj »

LOL at SE fans
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Vic had a good game, he was among the highest rated players despite Insigne not passing the ball to him... the plantain brother Anguissa is an absolute steal for Napoli as well, very solid player.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Very good for Insigne :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Meanwhile Zambo Anguissa is a baller. Water always finds its level and i am happy for the dude.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

You can interpret his coach's comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/football-i ... -race/amp/
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Wow! Talk about being blunt. Did the coach really say "Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces, but is hard to catch in open spaces"? Guess that's an area Osimhen can improve.
highbury wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:56 pm You can interpret his coach's comment

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:56 am Wow! Talk about being blunt. Did the coach really say "Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces, but is hard to catch in open spaces"? Guess that's an area Osimhen can improve.

His speed and strength/aggression can only take him so far and last so long, he has to add more quality to his game to truly become world class. I believe with time he will improve on those areas.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:56 am Wow! Talk about being blunt. Did the coach really say "Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces, but is hard to catch in open spaces"? Guess that's an area Osimhen can improve.

That's what I have been saying, but some will label me a "hater" because I want our boy to improve and become world class.

Well there you have it from the coach himself. I guess he is also a "hater"
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:56 am

That's what I have been saying, but some will label me a "hater" because I want our boy to improve and become world class.

You are a hater. You cheered for Cote d'ivoire against your country. How much space did Victor have for both his goals against Leicester? How much space did he have for his goal against Cape Verde. I'm sure that something has been lost in translation in Spaletti's comments.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:41 am

His speed and strength/aggression can only take him so far and last so long, he has to add more quality to his game to truly become world class. I believe with time he will improve on those areas.
In short, he will continue to ‘learn’. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not doubting you but can you show us where you said Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces?

By the way, my sense of that translation is that it’s not quite nuanced enough. My Italian is really rusty and was never that great, but I heard that interview and I took out:

“Osimhen had a good game. Space was tight but when it opened up he did well”
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

waka-man wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 am

Not doubting you but can you show us where you said Osimhen lacks quality in tight spaces?

By the way, my sense of that translation is that it’s not quite nuanced enough. My Italian is really rusty and was never that great, but I heard that interview and I took out:

You go wait tire :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 am

You are a hater. You cheered for Cote d'ivoire against your country. How much space did Victor have for both his goals against Leicester? How much space did he have for his goal against Cape Verde. I'm sure that something has been lost in translation in Spaletti's comments.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I don't understand why we think the only way to show "support" or "loyalty" is by telling outright lies! The truth is our boy Victor is NOWHERE NEAR world class. When you use the term world class in a striker, you are talking about players like Haaland. Players who every single time they walk unto a pitch, you just know they are likely to score. Not even one goal sef, 2 or 3 per game!! Are we really going to pretend that Osimhen fills us with that same level of confidence? I will be 100% honest with you, Victor is the kind of striker that can be clean through on goal facing the keeper and I will still be watching him like "God please, let him score!" but then, he will take a random shot that you don't expect and it will sneak past the keeper. He is completely unpredictable! But the kind of chances I have seen him miss, no striker who is near world class should EVER miss!!

If una like, take the fact I am being honest to insult me and insult the members of my "bushmen"...I know that is what you guys are good at. Someone will soon come and talk about Isaac Success or Nathan Oduwa :roll: :roll:

I really like Victor. I just refuse to lie to myself to "prove" I like him.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Common sense vs Agenda :clap: :clap: :clap:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:01 pm I don't understand why we think the only way to show "support" or "loyalty" is by telling outright lies! The truth is our boy Victor is NOWHERE NEAR world class. When you use the term world class in a striker, you are talking about players like Haaland. Players who every single time they walk unto a pitch, you just know they are likely to score. Not even one goal sef, 2 or 3 per game!! Are we really going to pretend that Osimhen fills us with that same level of confidence? I will be 100% honest with you, Victor is the kind of striker that can be clean through on goal facing the keeper and I will still be watching him like "God please, let him score!" but then, he will take a random shot that you don't expect and it will sneak past the keeper. He is completely unpredictable! But the kind of chances I have seen him miss, no striker who is near world class should EVER miss!!

If una like, take the fact I am being honest to insult me and insult the members of my "bushmen"...I know that is what you guys are good at. Someone will soon come and talk about Isaac Success or Nathan Oduwa :roll: :roll:

World class is a matter of opinion. There is no chartered institution that defines what it is. Victor is not perfect but with some of you, the bias in your criticism shines through. That is why we call you out. Victor is still developing, and he still has his raw moments. But you typically come on to find something uncomplimrntary to say about him because he is not one of your favourites.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 pm

We know them. We also know those that will give honest criticism without an agenda.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The emboldened could have been misinterpreted during translation. But he can only get better with training, games and age. He is on the right track.
We have quality in attack. Osimhen is really strong, he lacks quality in tight spaces, but it’s hard to catch him in open spaces.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 pm

We know them. We also know those that will give honest criticism without an agenda.
Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

Osimehn is one of the Naija players who I will not miss one of his club matches. One of the most exciting players to watch, and where have I ever questioned his #1 striker status for SE.

So I ask what agenda ?

I see where he can improve, because I watch his game weekly , and I want him to be better. That is not hate or an "agenda"

You can stop with your clownish accusations.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I noticed that his teammates didn't really celebrate his goals against Leicester. Hmmmmmmm
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm
bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:01 pm I don't understand why we think the only way to show "support" or "loyalty" is by telling outright lies! The truth is our boy Victor is NOWHERE NEAR world class. When you use the term world class in a striker, you are talking about players like Haaland. Players who every single time they walk unto a pitch, you just know they are likely to score. Not even one goal sef, 2 or 3 per game!! Are we really going to pretend that Osimhen fills us with that same level of confidence? I will be 100% honest with you, Victor is the kind of striker that can be clean through on goal facing the keeper and I will still be watching him like "God please, let him score!" but then, he will take a random shot that you don't expect and it will sneak past the keeper. He is completely unpredictable! But the kind of chances I have seen him miss, no striker who is near world class should EVER miss!!

World class is a matter of opinion. There is no chartered institution that defines what it is. Victor is not perfect but with some of you, the bias in your criticism shines through. That is why we call you out. Victor is still developing, and he still has his raw moments. But you typically come on to find something uncomplimrntary to say about him because he is not one of your favourites.
Really? World class has suddenly become subjective? since when? When it is applied to a Nigerian? lol. My broda, there is no guess work in world class. Osimhen is 22. I did not start watching football yesterday. When you see a truly world class 22yr old, nobody needs to tell you. I saw Messi at 22, Ronaldo (both of them) at 22, to a lesser extent Harry Kane at 22, Michael Owen at 22, Haaland at 22, Wayne Rooney at 22, let me bring it home sef, Kanu at 22, Yak at 22...all have shown me FAR MORE than Osimhen at 22 for me to delude myself into thinking we have a "world class" talent on our hands. This is NOT hate by any means. I want him to lead us to several world cups and score many great goals for us. Players like Toto Schilachi were not close to world class, but have carried their countries to world cup success. So this is no knock on Victor. I am just giving my honest assessment of a player I have watched EVERY SINGLE GAME he has been involved in for 3 seasons!! he is NOT a world class talent!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:24 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 pm

Oh shut up.

What agenda ?

Osimehn is one of the Naija players who I will not miss one of his club matches. One of the most exciting players to watch, and where have I ever questioned his #1 striker status for SE.

So I ask what agenda ?

I see where he can improve, because I watch his game weekly , and I want him to be better. That is not hate or an "agenda"

You can stop with your clownish accusations.
But be honest, you are glomming onto his coach's criticism as if they were similar to yours, when in fact they weren't and you are just trying to use it to justify your critique. Yes he has lots of room for improvement but regardless we can't lose sight of the fact that he's only 22 and Naija trained (only identified at U-17 level by happenstance) he didn't get academy training from the age of 6 like the Haalands etc, so there are obviously things he will need to learn but the raw talent is there and the desire also seems to be there. So he will be fine. For me regardless of whatever fine tuning he needs to do to his game, it all comes down to him becoming a consistent goal scorer, once he's able to consistently score 15+ goals a season in a top 5 league, then he would have reached the next level.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:38 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm

Really? World class has suddenly become subjective? since when? When it is applied to a Nigerian? lol. My broda, there is no guess work in world class. Osimhen is 22. I did not start watching football yesterday. When you see a truly world class 22yr old, nobody needs to tell you. I saw Messi at 22, Ronaldo (both of them) at 22, to a lesser extent Harry Kane at 22, Michael Owen at 22, Haaland at 22, Wayne Rooney at 22, let me bring it home sef, Kanu at 22, Yak at 22...all have shown me FAR MORE than Osimhen at 22 for me to delude myself into thinking we have a "world class" talent on our hands. This is NOT hate by any means. I want him to lead us to several world cups and score many great goals for us. Players like Toto Schilachi were not close to world class, but have carried their countries to world cup success. So this is no knock on Victor. I am just giving my honest assessment of a player I have watched EVERY SINGLE GAME he has been involved in for 3 seasons!! he is NOT a world class talent!
Hold up hold up hold up...he's not a world class talent OR he's not currently a world class player? Because the price tag paid for him means those that are in the know and do football for a living DO NOT agree that he lacks world class potential/talent...so abeg clarify for me
Super Eagus 4 Life!