IWUALA Secures trophy for Esperance......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: IWUALA Secures trophy for Esperance......

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:21 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:44 am If Iwuala were playing in that yeye Russian league, you’d all be shrining him🙂❗️
Is that a dig at Ejuke ?

He has been a top performer both in Holland and Russia.

The Russian league is ranked #7 in the world.

Iwuala can only dream of Ejukes accomplishments ATM.

SE positions are not based on sentiments. Prove yourself playing at the highest levels.

Iwuala has not come close to doing that.

His cameos with SE have been flops. There are many waiting in the wings, you don't get many chances to impress, especially in a position where we are loaded.
vanity eagle, are you by any chance Igbophobic? I have to ask because you have a well documented history of raging against players of Igbo descent. Iwuala has been a top performer in every team he’s played for including the SuperEagles. The four games he’s played so far for the National team, he’s been well above average. So, what’s eating at you where Iwuala is concerned?

You claim the Russian league is ranked 7th in the world. By whom or is that just your warped imagination? Assuming there’s any truth to that, Nigeria is currently ranked 34th by FIFA but you and I both know that there aren’t any where near 33 National teams that can beat the SuperEagles. So you might as well wipe your #$% with those rankings and flush them down the toilet.

You also claim that Iwuala’s National team cameos were a flop. That’s an outrageous lie. Most CEs saw the matches and gave Iwuala at least a passing grade. What exactly are those accomplishments of Ejuke’s that you say Iwuala can only dream of? His best performance to date is scoring 9 goals in one and a half seasons for Herenveen, which isn’t exactly a European powerhouse. Besides, Anayo has won some silverware both locally and at Esperence, unlike Ejuke.

You also insinuated that my prior comments are a dig at Ejuke. No, they’re not. Why would I want to take a dig at Ejuke in particular? Several other Nigerians have played or are currently playing in the Russian league. Vic Moses plays there and as far as I’m concerned, he’s still one of our very best footballers. Ask yourself what Russia has done in football lately? If you’re honest, the answer is nothing.

You need to rid yourself of this hateful disposition of yours❗️

Cheers.
Chief, you can’t accuse him of being Igbophobic for dismissing Iwuala while he is accusing you of disrespecting Ejuke.
He may be many things but I fail to recall any time his posts have taken on an ethnic flavour, talk less an Igbophobic one.

If anything, a dubious poster could accuse him of being anti-north becos the overwhelming majority of his posts are rantings against Musa and Abdullahi.
But in all three cases, you can see where he is coming from, even if you do not agree with him.

I am not convinced Iwuala is there yet, but am happy he is progressing.

It’s quite okay for a non-Igbo SE fan to dismiss an Igbo player without there being a bigoted undertone.
I’m sure you have had occasions when you have disparaged non-Igbo players, without there being an agenda.

Generally, we are fans and we rant against anyone and everything regardless. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bros I'm Igbo, so u can stop your idea about bias right there.

I judge players solely on how good they are and Iwuala was crap in the few games he played for SE.

Misplaced virtually every pass and tried dribbles he could not complete.

The truth is that there are close to 10 wingers currently above Iwuala if we are being honest. He is nowhere near SE quality.

This isn't the SE of past that has a few options. There are plenty of options, especially for wingers.

Simon
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onyekuru
Ejuke
Mukairu
Ejaria
Amoo
Nwakaeme

Are all better wide options.

And we haven't even added Lookman yet, with the FIFA clearance.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:44 am If Iwuala were playing in that yeye Russian league, you’d all be shrining him🙂❗️
Is that a dig at Ejuke ?

SE positions are not based on sentiments. Prove yourself playing at the highest levels.

His cameos with SE have been flops. There are many waiting in the wings, you don't get many chances to impress, especially in a position where we are loaded.
vanity eagle, are you by any chance Igbophobic? I have to ask because you have a well documented history of raging against players of Igbo descent. Iwuala has been a top performer in every team he’s played for including the SuperEagles. The four games he’s played so far for the National team, he’s been well above average. So, what’s eating at you where Iwuala is concerned?

You claim the Russian league is ranked 7th in the world. By whom or is that just your warped imagination? Assuming there’s any truth to that, Nigeria is currently ranked 34th by FIFA but you and I both know that there aren’t any where near 33 National teams that can beat the SuperEagles. So you might as well wipe your #$% with those rankings and flush them down the toilet.

You also claim that Iwuala’s National team cameos were a flop. That’s an outrageous lie. Most CEs saw the matches and gave Iwuala at least a passing grade. What exactly are those accomplishments of Ejuke’s that you say Iwuala can only dream of? His best performance to date is scoring 9 goals in one and a half seasons for Herenveen, which isn’t exactly a European powerhouse. Besides, Anayo has won some silverware both locally and at Esperence, unlike Ejuke.

You also insinuated that my prior comments are a dig at Ejuke. No, they’re not. Why would I want to take a dig at Ejuke in particular? Several other Nigerians have played or are currently playing in the Russian league. Vic Moses plays there and as far as I’m concerned, he’s still one of our very best footballers. Ask yourself what Russia has done in football lately? If you’re honest, the answer is nothing.

Cheers.
Chief, you can’t accuse him of being Igbophobic for dismissing Iwuala while he is accusing you of disrespecting Ejuke.
He may be many things but I fail to recall any time his posts have taken on an ethnic flavour, talk less an Igbophobic one.

If anything, a dubious poster could accuse him of being anti-north becos the overwhelming majority of his posts are rantings against Musa and Abdullahi.
But in all three cases, you can see where he is coming from, even if you do not agree with him.

It’s quite okay for a non-Igbo SE fan to dismiss an Igbo player without there being a bigoted undertone.
I’m sure you have had occasions when you have disparaged non-Igbo players, without there being an agenda.

Generally, we are fans and we rant against anyone and everything regardless. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I didn’t accuse him of being Igbophobic. I asked him if he is because of his past comments that have a definite anti Igbo slant. Do you need me to remind you of what he has said about Iheanacho and Onuachu as well❓❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm
Is that a dig at Ejuke ?

Cheers.

I didn’t accuse him of being Igbophobic. I asked him if he is because of his past comments that have a definite anti Igbo slant. Do you need me to remind you of what he has said about Iheanacho and Onuachu as well❓❗️

Cheers.
Well, he has answered you.
So my comments are irrelevant and your suspicions have been laid to rest.
It’s all good. :thumb:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He’s no longer in the local league so there is no pressure to invite him, so doubt we’ll see bobo in SE anytime soon…he needs to do a lot more to ‘earn’ a call up rather than being forced on the coach…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:40 pm He’s no longer in the local league so there is no pressure to invite him, so doubt we’ll see bobo in SE anytime soon…he needs to do a lot more to ‘earn’ a call up rather than being forced on the coach…
You guys are hilarious. You would have us believe that the best player in one of the best Nigerian clubs ever and who in short order has gone on to become a very valuable performer in one of Africa’s best clubs has done nothing to merit some consideration for the National team? You are tragically deluded❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm Bros I'm Igbo, so u can stop your idea about bias right there.

I judge players solely on how good they are and Iwuala was crap in the few games he played for SE.

Misplaced virtually every pass and tried dribbles he could not complete.

The truth is that there are close to 10 wingers currently above Iwuala if we are being honest. He is nowhere near SE quality.

This isn't the SE of past that has a few options. There are plenty of options, especially for wingers.

Simon
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onyekuru
Ejuke
Mukairu
Ejaria
Amoo
Nwakaeme

Are all better wide options.

And we haven't even added Lookman yet, with the FIFA clearance.
I am relieved to hear you don’t have anti Igbo sentiments but suffice it to say that I don’t agree with your assessment of Anayo Iwuala❗️

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:06 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:02 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:52 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm Excellent! Another good attacking option for the Super Eagles
Good to see Anayo doing well but uhmmm... No
Your opinion. Your problem
currently he is nowhere near being relevant to the national team.
The Tunisians know what he can do where as you won’t until he plays in England,Spain,Germany,Italy or France.You need to use your own eyes.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:38 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm Excellent! Another good attacking option for the Super Eagles
The Tunisians know what he can do where as you won’t until he plays in England,Spain,Germany,Italy or France.You need to use your own eyes.
Not until he just plays there bro.
Until he proves himself there.
If na just by playing, there are hundreds of Nigerians playing in those countries that have NO chance of ever making the SE.
If you don’t know, now you know.

Surely, there is nothing wrong in proving yourself amongst the very best in the world’s top five leagues?
Players like Sadiq, Awoniyi*, Simy*, Nwobodo, Nwakali, Alhassan, Amoo, Ozone and many more are all on the fringes of the SE but will most likely remain there until they prove themselves one way or another:
1. They can either put out consistently exceptional performances where they are and force the issue (case in point: Onuachu), or
2. Move to a superior league and show they belong by playing and performing amongst the world’s best. Case in point: Onyeka, now under closer scrutiny.

The competition for SE places is no longer available to ‘hey yous’ and ‘I sabi play’ wannabes.
Thank God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:54 am

If na just by playing, there are hundreds of Nigerians playing in those countries that have NO chance of ever making the SE.

Surely, there is nothing wrong in proving yourself amongst the very best in the world’s top five leagues?
Players like Sadiq, Awoniyi*, Simy*, Nwobodo, Nwakali, Alhassan, Amoo, Ozone and many more are all on the fringes of the SE but will most likely remain there until they prove themselves one way or another:
1. They can either put out consistently exceptional performances where they are and force the issue (case in point: Onuachu), or
2. Move to a superior league and show they belong by playing and performing amongst the world’s best. Case in point: Onyeka, now under closer scrutiny.

The competition for SE places is no longer available to ‘hey yous’ and ‘I sabi play’ wannabes.
Thank God.
Agreed a player should prove himself anywhere he plays or how will end up playing in those leagues in the first place?
As for the Nigerian National team proving yourself isn’t the criteria for all.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:30 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:40 pm He’s no longer in the local league so there is no pressure to invite him, so doubt we’ll see bobo in SE anytime soon…he needs to do a lot more to ‘earn’ a call up rather than being forced on the coach…
You guys are hilarious. You would have us believe that the best player in one of the best Nigerian clubs ever and who in short order has gone on to become a very valuable performer in one of Africa’s best clubs has done nothing to merit some consideration for the National team? You are tragically deluded❗️

Cheers.
Wake me up when **** calls him again. Weren’t the likes of Junior Ajayi also performing in top African competitions, has bobo smelt the NT? The truth remains he was forced on **** whose focus has always been Euro leagues and will continue to be…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:21 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:54 am

Thank God.
Agreed a player should prove himself anywhere he plays or how will end up playing in those leagues in the first place?
As for the Nigerian National team proving yourself isn’t the criteria for all.
I think we need to be as fair as possible.
Yes, there have been a few questionable invites - ‘questionable’ according to us, the fans.
But unless the coach has had a few players forced upon him (which we strongly suspect), then the SE invites have overwhelmingly been on pure merit.

You and I are fans. We have our own opinions and biases.
You may not like him (I don’t know if you do or don’t), but the coach will have his own strategic reasons for inviting a player we think isn’t worth it, and reasons for leaving others out. And don’t forget that in areas of relative weakness, some players who are not Osimhen-level or Ndidi-level performers might get called up, often much to our bewilderment. :idea:
Let us not pretend we know more than the coach or have more information than he does.

It’s why he’s being paid and we are restricted to coaching from our bedrooms free of charge. :D
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tall order, Junior Ajayi conquered the continent with Al Ahly and hardly got an invite, ditto that left-back that used to be with Zamalek. He needs to move to Europe to get Rohr's attention.
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:16 am

Cheers.
Wake me up when **** calls him again. Weren’t the likes of Junior Ajayi also performing in top African competitions, has bobo smelt the NT? The truth remains he was forced on **** whose focus has always been Euro leagues and will continue to be…
What you’re saying then is that he probably won’t be called up, not because he doesn’t merit it but because Rohr is an arsehole? If that’s the case then you could be right❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Cheers.
What you’re saying then is that he probably won’t be called up, not because he doesn’t merit it but because Rohr is an arsehole? If that’s the case then you could be right❗️

Cheers.
Well both, I don’t think he deserves a call based on our depth in his position and I’m pretty sure he won’t receive a call based on our coaches tendencies especially as there is no more pressure now that he’s no longer home based.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
Well both, I don’t think he deserves a call based on our depth in his position and I’m pretty sure he won’t receive a call based on our coaches tendencies especially as there is no more pressure now that he’s no longer home based.
On the first count, I say again that you’re completely wrong. We don’t have that many footballers in Europe with Anayo’s accomplishments; championships on two different African clubs. Your conclusion is based solely on the fact that he doesn’t play in Europe therefore, he’s not as good as his European counterparts. That’s a disappointing mindset. You are just as bad as Rohr❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:45 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
On the first count, I say again that you’re completely wrong. We don’t have that many footballers in Europe with Anayo’s accomplishments; championships on two different African clubs. Your conclusion is based solely on the fact that he doesn’t play in Europe therefore, he’s not as good as his European counterparts. That’s a disappointing mindset. You are just as bad as Rohr❗️

Cheers.
We’ve seen him about 4 times for the NT, and he’s been below par in all those showings, that’s what I’m basing my opinion on. You clearly think he was great in all these games so there is no point going back and forth as we will never agree. But we don’t have to agree as **** won’t invite him regardless, to me rightly so, to you it’s some kind of injustice. But who cares he’s not gonna feature for SE anytime soon…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Is that a dig at Ejuke ?

You also insinuated that my prior comments are a dig at Ejuke. No, they’re not. Why would I want to take a dig at Ejuke in particular? Several other Nigerians have played or are currently playing in the Russian league. Vic Moses plays there and as far as I’m concerned, he’s still one of our very best footballers. Ask yourself what Russia has done in football lately? If you’re honest, your answer should be nothing.

Cheers.
FYI this is Anayo's first piece of silverware as he wasn't part of the title winning Enyimba sides. Also Ejuke only played 1 season in Holland that was cut short by COVID, which is close to the same amount of goals Anayo has in his whole professional career.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:05 pm
Is that a dig at Ejuke ?

You also insinuated that my prior comments are a dig at Ejuke. No, they’re not. Why would I want to take a dig at Ejuke in particular? Several other Nigerians have played or are currently playing in the Russian league. Vic Moses plays there and as far as I’m concerned, he’s still one of our very best footballers. Ask yourself what Russia has done in football lately? If you’re honest, your answer should be nothing.

Cheers.
FYI this is Anayo's first piece of silverware as he wasn't part of the title winning Enyimba sides. Also Ejuke only played 1 season in Holland that was cut short by COVID, which is close to the same amount of goals Anayo has in his whole professional career.
Thanks sunset, so much for the great African champion argument…
Super Eagus 4 Life!