Osimhen Goal vs Cagliari

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Osimhen Goal vs Cagliari

Post by highbury »

Isn't it crazy that one of ours is doing well in Europe and also one of us is trying to bring him down? Isn't that a reflection of what goes on in Nigeria? I was honestly trying to make sense of Bushbaby's allegation against Osimhen but could not make sense of it except for selfish and personal reasons. He is making a full of himself the more he comments
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

highbury wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:26 pm Isn't it crazy that one of ours is doing well in Europe and also one of us is trying to bring him down? Isn't that a reflection of what goes on in Nigeria? I was honestly trying to make sense of Bushbaby's allegation against Osimhen but could not make sense of it except for selfish and personal reasons. He is making a fool of himself the more he comments
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Isn't it crazy that one of ours is doing well in Europe and also one of us is trying to bring him down? Isn't that a reflection of what goes on in Nigeria? I was honestly trying to make sense of Bushbaby's allegation against Osimhen but could not make sense of it except for selfish and personal reasons. He is making a fool of himself the more he comments
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:20 pm
txj wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:45 pm
txj wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:10 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:02 pm But where’s that guy that swore Abraham is better than Oshimen?

I actually consider them to be at par
How many goals has Abraham scored in Serie A this season?

In six games, in his first season in Italy, 2 goals, 2 assists.

In Osimhen's first season how many did he score after six games?

I consider them to be at par with Victor shading it at the line...
Didn’t Victor suffer 3 injuries during the course of the season and also suffer from COVID before rounding off his season with ten goals,for the record Victor only played one full match for Napoli last season.

He did. But he also played 23 serie A games of which he started 16.

But in his first 7 games, he scored 2 goals, b/4 the nasty shoulder injury that derailed most of his season.

My point is that Abraham has a similar record in his first 6 games.

Both players are really close, and in many ways similar, although I still have Victor pipping him at the line..

Abraham is a real talent...

But if Victor continues to improve on his movement and close control, he will get to the top in 2yrs...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bushboy and Osimhen

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:11 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:02 pm But where’s that guy that swore Abraham is better than Oshimen?

Didn’t Victor suffer 3 injuries during the course of the season and also suffer from COVID before rounding off his season with ten goals,for the record Victor only played one full match for Napoli last season.

But in his first 7 games, he scored 2 goals, b/4 the nasty shoulder injury that derailed most of his season.

Both players are really close, and in many ways similar, although I still have Victor pipping him at the line..

But if Victor continues to improve on his movement and close control, he will get to the top in 2yrs...
I don’t see similarities in the two players, they are both tall and both strikers but that’s where it ends.
Victor has way more stamina and is more aggressive on and off the ball,he seems way more confident and doesn’t fade in games even if it seems things aren’t going his way.Abraham did well in the English Championship but struggled in Premier League and that is why Chelsea had to find other alternatives and left him out of their plans where as Oshimen at 21 is a part of the spine of Napoli who invested in €70M on him for obvious reasons.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm
txj wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:11 pm

I don’t see similarities in the two players, they are both tall and both strikers but that’s where it ends.
Victor has way more stamina and is more aggressive on and off the ball,he seems way more confident and doesn’t fade in games even if it seems things aren’t going his way.Abraham did well in the English Championship but struggled in Premier League and that is why Chelsea had to find other alternatives and left him out of their plans where as Oshimen at 21 is a part of the spine of Napoli who invested in €70M on him for obvious reasons.

I would not say a player that scored 15 goals in his first full season for Chelsea struggled in the EPL. Chelsea have a history of very little patience with young players and his departure from them cannot be a serious basis for reaching the above conclusion.

The fact he is the fulcrum of Roma's attack speaks volumes of his talent.

If you understand the game and pay close attention, you will see multiple similarities between both players.

I wish them both continued success....Ova and out...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I dont like Tammy... because I am biased. When he chose England, he was dead to me

However, when Tammy was 15 and 16 etc, I was one of the very few who said he will be a top player. I didnt even know the chap was a Nigerian. I just remembered watching everyone rave about Solanke (who is lighter skinned) and talking about how he is scoring 25-30 goals in youth football and how he is the next best thing. I couldnt understand it because Tammy who was the right winger was scoring 40 goals!!!! :shock: I used to say "wait wait wait! Why are you guys hyping the striker because he scored 25 goals, when the right winger on the same team is scoring much more than the striker???" Of course, when it was time for them to progress, Liverpool went for the light-skinned overrated crap, while Tammy went to div 2 to dominate! Where is Solanke today?

Anyway, lets move on and concentrate on Osimhen! One is our son who will bleed for us, the other is a traitor who wants to lay on the feet of his Queen. Fook him!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 am I dont like Tammy... because I am biased. When he chose England, he was dead to me

However, when Tammy was 15 and 16 etc, I was one of the very few who said he will be a top player. I didnt even know the chap was a Nigerian. I just remembered watching everyone rave about Solanke (who is lighter skinned) and talking about how he is scoring 25-30 goals in youth football and how he is the next best thing. I couldnt understand it because Tammy who was the right winger was scoring 40 goals!!!! :shock: I used to say "wait wait wait! Why are you guys hyping the striker because he scored 25 goals, when the right winger on the same team is scoring much more than the striker???" Of course, when it was time for them to progress, Liverpool went for the light-skinned overrated crap, while Tammy went to div 2 to dominate! Where is Solanke today?

Anyway, lets move on and concentrate on Osimhen! One is our son who will bleed for us, the other is a traitor who wants to lay on the feet of his Queen. Fook him!
You sir are a beautiful fooling man, one fooking bottle of big stout on me
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:35 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 am I dont like Tammy... because I am biased. When he chose England, he was dead to me

Damn right mate, one fooking bottle of big stout on me
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:clap: :agree:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Tammy is nowhere near the level of Osimhen in terms of technical ability. He doesn't have Osimhen's pace either. He only got games at Chelski b/c of the transfer ban. As soon as Tuchel came in, he was riding the bench permanently. While transfer fees are not always a reliable yardstick, but Napoli spending 70m euro on an African is probably an indication that he is worth more. While English players are usually overpriced, so £34m for Tammy is probably paying over the odds. Tammy is more at Onuachu's level. Same clumsiness of touch.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lmao someone here says tammy is better or similar to Vic. Tammy is one lazy player. 0ne of the weakest center forward I have ever seen. Cannot hold up play. Makes horrible runs, cannot win a header etc. Osimhen is miles ahead of him currently. Well they are both in the same league. We shall see their numbers as far as games played
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:53 am Tammy is nowhere near the level of Osimhen in terms of technical ability. He doesn't have Osimhen's pace either. He only got games at Chelski b/c of the transfer ban. As soon as Tuchel came in, he was riding the bench permanently. While transfer fees are not always a reliable yardstick, but Napoli spending 70m euro on an African is probably an indication that he is worth more. While English players are usually overpriced, so £34m for Tammy is probably paying over the odds. Tammy is more at Onuachu's level. Same clumsiness of touch.
Thanks for reminding me about Victors pace and if the experts are valuing an English player at £34M and an African at €70M it says a lot.I believe that with in the next 2 years stats will show that there is no comparison between them,I know for a fact that if Oshimen was European even Nigerians would laugh at such a comparison.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the ball dey inside this bobo blood.. not only his goals but the skills nah fire
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I hope Chelsea gets this guy in a few season, what a striker DD like
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:13 pm

the ball dey inside this bobo blood.. not only his goals but the skills nah fire
Clearly not a world class talent - signed bushbaby
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Agree.
Victor is the more complete player of the 2 for me. Not even close.
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm I don’t see similarities in the two players, they are both tall and both strikers but that’s where it ends.