Why Did the Nigerian Women NT Become "The Falcons"?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Did the Nigerian Women NT Become "The Falcons"?

Post by Enugu II »

Does anyone know why the Nigerian women national team became known as "Falcons." As far as I can remember, the initial women national team which was set up in the late 1980s was not known as the Falcons. At the time the team was known widely as The Amazons.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Why Did the Nigerian Women NT Become "The Falcons"?

Post by kalani JR »

Most appropriate sounding bird to pair with the Eagles I guess.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

They shouldn’t have been named anything other than the Lady Eagles. Nigeria is one country with a single national team with male and female branches. If you know any other country in the world were the male and female teams have different names, please share❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

What’s in a name; they need to win games
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."