Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Post by Tobi17 »

I got inside scoops from a very reliable source (a former member of CE) who works within the NFF media circle that a top player whose switch was approved by FIFA but kept a secret by NFF will be added to the 30 man list that will be released tomorrow... this is a player we will all be exited to see (especially the likes of Vancity Eagle), this exciting player will no doubt add more quality to our team and will no doubt be a major boost to our world cup list.

I won't say anymore than this :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Post by vancity eagle »

Lookman or Ejaria ?

As per owngoal Ejaria has already been approved.

But I suggest it may be Lookman based on how "high profile" they are claiming the name to be.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I prefer Ejaria. We already have Lookman type players in the squad. We need quality in the midfield.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

It better be Lookman
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robotnik wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:15 pm I prefer Ejaria. We already have Lookman type players in the squad. We need quality in the midfield.
Bros they are both needed.

Lookman is better than all of our wingers. Believe that.

Ejaria is a very skillfull player, but Lookman has proven himself at the highest levels.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Robotnik wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:15 pm I prefer Ejaria. We already have Lookman type players in the squad. We need quality in the midfield.
:agree: But it is likely lookman-The most obvious secret since sliced bread. I always knew VanCity E has been associated or is presently associated with NFF one way or another. The way he attacked late Keshi had a very personal flavor to it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lookman is not better than what already he doesn't score more goals or create more than the current bunch. Dennis is the player we need to add to the list.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

highbury wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:50 pm
:agree: But it is likely lookman-The most obvious secret since sliced bread. I always knew VanCity E has been associated or is presently associated with NFF one way or another. The way he attacked late Keshi had a very personal flavor to it.
Your deduction abilities are suspect. The post clearly states that the source is a former CE member🙂❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm I got inside scoops from a very reliable source (a former member of CE) who works within the NFF media circle that a top player whose switch was approved by FIFA but kept a secret by NFF will be added to the 30 man list that will be released tomorrow... this is a player we will all be exited to see (especially the likes of Vancity Eagle), this exciting player will no doubt add more quality to our team and will no doubt be a major boost to our world cup list.

I won't say anymore than this :taunt:
Hmmm.
We've heard this kind of 'Big Fish' story before but just because that one turned out to be fake news by no means implies that your source is not credible.
We will wait and watch.
My personal preference for such a player would be Olise - one sure gem for the future.
Or even better, one of the solid defenders from England or Germany.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 pm Lookman is not better than what already he doesn't score more goals or create more than the current bunch. Dennis is the player we need to add to the list.
Dennis cannot compete at the moment with Osimhen, Onuachu, Moffi and Nacho.
He also has Simy, Sadiq and Awoniyi hovering in the wings.

On the flanks, who does he displace?

We are looking for a midfielder, preferably a creative one.
No-one in the UK seems to fit that role perfectly and two of the three are subject to a tug of war with England - Eze, and Olise.
Eze is out. Oliseh is a mystery and I can really only see Ejaria being the 'big fish' in question. Unless, like I said before, we are looking at a new central defender from either Germany or England, which would be great.

SE nor be beans any more.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohr is being given the resources and personnel requested for.... Winning the AfCon and WC QF at the least is expected of him!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dennis is not a new addition to the team, as he has been in camp before. So, that rules him out.
I don't see it being either of the two German boys (Torunarigha or Udokhai), as they seem to have pledged their allegiance to Deutschland.
That leaves Lookman, Olise, Ejaria and Billings. Nobody will be excited about Billings, and the Olise situation is very complex, as he will have to forgo one of his European passports. Besides, he was once invited by Nigeria, so I would rule him out.
That leaves Ovie Ejaria or Ademola Lookman. Take your pick.
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 pm Lookman is not better than what already he doesn't score more goals or create more than the current bunch. Dennis is the player we need to add to the list.
Dennis cannot compete at the moment with Osimhen, Onuachu, Moffi and Nacho.
He also has Simy, Sadiq and Awoniyi hovering in the wings.

On the flanks, who does he displace?

We are looking for a midfielder, preferably a creative one.
No-one in the UK seems to fit that role perfectly and two of the three are subject to a tug of war with England - Eze, and Olise.
Eze is out. Oliseh is a mystery and I can really only see Ejaria being the 'big fish' in question. Unless, like I said before, we are looking at a new central defender from either Germany or England, which would be great.

SE nor be beans any more.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont believe the NFF would have to be secretive in regards to Ejaria, as he is nowhere near 3 lions radar.

Lookman, also not near their radar is still much closer than Ejaria.

So unless the whole "secret" thing is just dramatic hyperbole, then it has to be Lookman.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Who did Rohr request for and who gave him the 'resources' and 'personnel' requested?
Those players chose, of their own free volition, to switch nationalities.
They initiated discussions with Rohr (not the other way round) and expressed their confidence of playing under Rohr.
fabio wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 pm Rohr is being given the resources and personnel requested for.... Winning the AfCon and WC QF at the least is expected of him!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:26 pm Who did Rohr request for and who gave him the 'resources' and 'personnel' requested?
They initiated discussions with Rohr (not the other way round) and expressed their confidence of playing under Rohr.
fabio wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 pm Rohr is being given the resources and personnel requested for.... Winning the AfCon and WC QF at the least is expected of him!
I wonder what he is thinking.

Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana are all chasing and have successfully gotten decent players to switch over.

They think Nigeria is alone in this regard.

In fact other nations have been more successful than us in recruiting dual nationals.

But the crazies think that it is our birthright to win AFCON.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Rohr has stated his is averse to inviting new players who have not previously been in the system.
However, IF it is Lookman, there may be a valid rationale.
1. We have struggled to get the type of impact on the right flank ever since Chukwueze went down. No one, so far, has given us the kind of traction and threat on that flank since.
2. The advantage Lookman would have over other candidates is that he has played severally with core starters on the team. Ndidi and Iheanacho (currently with Leicester) and Aina (at Fulham).
3. The issue of gelling and understanding the right flank will be a smoother transition, since he and Aina are familiar with each other.

Again, all this is SPECULATIVE and pie-in-the-sky analysis, unless the story is true. Trust Nigerian sports media at your own risk!!!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 pm I dont believe the NFF would have to be secretive in regards to Ejaria, as he is nowhere near 3 lions radar.

So unless the whole "secret" thing is just dramatic hyperbole, then it has to be Lookman.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 pm I dont believe the NFF would have to be secretive in regards to Ejaria, as he is nowhere near 3 lions radar.

Either that, or the NFF has learnt it’s lesson and has decided to keep it all under tight wraps until the big revelation.

And let’s not forget, it could still be fake news.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:37 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:26 pm Who did Rohr request for and who gave him the 'resources' and 'personnel' requested?
I wonder what he is thinking.

Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana are all chasing and have successfully gotten decent players to switch over.

They think Nigeria is alone in this regard.

In fact other nations have been more successful than us in recruiting dual nationals.

But the crazies think that it is our birthright to win AFCON.

If it's not our birthright to win AFCON then why not accord Stephen Keshi the respect that he deserves for winning that competition?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:56 pm Lookman or Ejaria ?

As per owngoal Ejaria has already been approved.

But I suggest it may be Lookman based on how "high profile" they are claiming the name to be.

I could take an educated guess but there's no point spoiling the fun. :taunt:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There is not a single player of Nigerian descent out there that will make a dent in the current squad. Let's face it , all we have are average players. The average players we have in the team now are better than all our average players out there! This is Average news
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:22 pm There is not a single player of Nigerian descent out there that will make a dent in the current squad. Let's face it , all we have are average players. The average players we have in the team now are better than all our average players out there! This is Average news
Granted majority of our players are not world class, but most of them are starters/key players for their respective clubs in the top leagues in Europe, and you've got to be at least decent enough to earn those stats. We definitely don't have a average team, what we have is a very average coach.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

My money is on one of the following three:
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Observer wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 pm My money is on one of the following three:
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*
We're getting somewhere here :clap: